• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
F*** YEAH SHULK CONFIRMED!!

The trailer was everything one would ever want, Gaur Plains music, that Gaur Stage, You Will Know Our Names, Shulk's phrases, even underwear Shulk! (i called it!)

Today we rejoice my friends, and this time is SHULK TIME!!

Last edited:

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
You know, all things considered.....I think there's an extremely good chance that the Smash Development team knows of Smash Boards, and might have pulled a few ideas here and there. Food for thought.

thecharizardf8

Smash Cadet
I love how a long time ago on sukarai's twitter like I think before or right after ssb4 was announced, he posted a picture of the monado.... and when they announced nosferatu does more damage from the back I knew something was up! :joyful::bluejump:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
@ T.R "River" T.R "River" I wouldn't be surprised if they did, honestly.

And you know what's funny? Despite our arguing the contrary MANY times, MONOLITHSOFT is actually credited separately in the Smash credits. I find that amusing.

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
It has been some time since I showed my face around here, I tried to catch up with you guys on [#Monado]Monday ...

CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!

I always thought of Shulk's inclusion to be a pipe dream, yet I wanted to believe. You guys did too ... and believe we all did. I wish I was in here more, to share in the belief. I wanted to avoid spoilers as I haven't finished XC yet, but seeing my name in that proud list of supporters made this victory all the more better. That not only someone I really wanted made it in, but a great character that YOU wanted made it in. I am ecstatic for this thread.

Been a wild week, saw the leak of Shulk and Ness the day before my birthday, #MonadoMonday and now Shulk is official.

Now to get back to that 3D model of the Monado I've been meaning to finish.

Have a good weekend guys, promise to be more present in here.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
As someone who hasn't played Xenoblade Chronicles, I have two questions regarding what we saw today: Is the butterfly scene with Bowser some sort of Xenoblade reference? And why is the Monado cut off in the series symbol? Does it appear like this at some point in the game, or is it just a weird decision they made? I don't remember seeing it be that short in any pictures, but I don't know why they would crop it instead of making the entire Monado's silhouette the symbol.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I still cannot believe Nintendo decided to have Shulk say "It's Shulk Time" like Reyn does. Nintendo taking part of Memes really gives off a surreal vibe.
I've never played Xenoblade, but hearing this made me laugh pretty hard. That was pretty funny.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I still cannot believe Nintendo decided to have Shulk say "It's Shulk Time" like Reyn does. Nintendo taking part of Memes really gives off a surreal vibe.
Yeah, pretty much, i couldn't stop laughing at that part.
I really hope Reyn is an AT at least though, hope Sharla, Melia, and Fiora aren't forgotten too.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
As someone who hasn't played Xenoblade Chronicles, I have two questions regarding what we saw today: Is the butterfly scene with Bowser some sort of Xenoblade reference? And why is the Monado cut off in the series symbol? Does it appear like this at some point in the game, or is it just a weird decision they made? I don't remember seeing it be that short in any pictures, but I don't know why they would crop it instead of making the entire Monado's silhouette the symbol.
For your first question, there was really no reference, I think it was an excuse to make Bowser act goofy and make him turn around.

For the 2nd question, there is really no significance to this either it just looks like they cut it off because it was too long of a symbol.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So what do you guys think the Metal face bit at the end could be hinting at? Boss or playable?

Last edited:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
For the 2nd question, there is really no significance to this either it just looks like they cut it off because it was too long of a symbol.
Aw, lame. They fit the entire Falchion into a symbol!

By the way, I just had a thought: What if, when you are playing as Oil Shulk, Dunban appears as Oil Dunban during the Final Smash? That would be such an amazing touch! I hope they do that, but I doubt it will actually happen, unfortunately.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So what do you guys think the Metal face bit at the end could be hinting at? Boss or playable?
Definitely boss. Can't really see any of the Xenoblade villains as playable characters. Can't really say why I think that though. Just kinda how I feel.

Last edited:

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Finally got around to posting in this thread again. Anyway, this confirmation…

I was surprised. I was surprised to see something great the moment I wake up. Ever since I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles back this June and playing it extensively for hours(even after getting back from Europe. BTW, I'm currently in Mechonis Field). After the first 5 hours, I was hyped. I saw all this potential that Shulk can have to be different from the rest of the swordsmen. Normally, I don't simply have a wishlist when a new Smash is announced (aside from Greninja) but with Shulk, I was already wanting to support his inclusion. And now he's in. Make's me really happy to see a character that I want actually come true. His Monado attacks are rewarding, yet crippling, which makes him balanced. The stage, Gaur Plain, is a perfect stage and I like how it's using the day to night cycle like in the original. I find it funny how his alt is basically swim trunks. I like his Final Smash with Dunban and Riki. I just loved his trailer. For one last thing, since I had the Xenoblade group in my Tomodachi Life, I did this, for Shulk's inclusion:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Man, got home and this is what we got! Shulk looks amazing, and that artwork they have is amazing! Also, once Shulk is unlocked, never going to use any costume besides swimsuit mode. Best costume in the whole game.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036

I'm sorry for all the times I called Shulk's moveset boring in that tiny leak video and how his design was kinda generic. Never played Xenoblade, so that's probably why. Of course, I always expected him to get in, but I figured I wouldn't get hyped.

Boy was I wrong.

That trailer has so hype. Shulk seeing the future and stuff was great. Also SHULK TIME had me in stitches. His moveset looks fantastic, especially with the Monado Arts(That's what they're called right?). Funnily enough, I was watching some videos that had various characters quotes' from Xenoblade. This was my first exposure to Riki. I found him pretty cute, and seeing him in Shulk's Final Smash was awesome.

Also, are there any good Let's Plays of Xenoblade? I kinda want to get into the series and get to know the characters better.

But yeah, congrats Shulk fans. I'm converted.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Okay, I just got caught up after being a school all day, so....

HELL ****ING YES!
I was watching the English trailer on my phone all day along with showing it to my friends, and dear Meyneth that was the most hyped I've ever been! My dad was in the room when I first saw the screen shots on the US website (prior to leaving for school), and he says he hasn't seen me that excited since I last believed in Santa Clause. Really, in a way, I'm thankful for the leak. It allowed me to come to terms with the mode-switch mechanic. Now I'm experiencing this trailer with nothing but pure hype, not a bit of salt on me. Nothing bitter sweet about this day!

And then, around one o'clock when I'm in my computer class I decide to look online to see what else Nintendo announced in the direct, and what do I see? A BRAND SPANKING NEW SET IMPROVED OF 3DS MODELS COMING OUT NEXT YEAR, WITH A 3D PORTABLE VERSION OF XENOBLADE EXCLUSIVE TO IT! My hype was off the stinking charts! I'm proud to say I'm a member of the "buying a New 3DS just for Xenoblade" club (well, I suppose I'm also buying it so I won't have to carry around my circle pad pro for Monster Hunter, but that's beside the point). I bought the 3DS day one, and never swapped out for an XL, so I'm more than willing to upgrade next year, especially since I'm going to be needing an extra 3DS for Pokémon trading. Also, as someone who loves the 3D feature, I can not wait to play Xenoblade on the go in 3D with the improved 3D effect. This is perfect for me.

One final note, I suggest that the name of this thread be changed to "Colony 6: The Shulk general discussion/social thread" as was suggested a few weeks ago.

I'm sorry for all the times I called Shulk's moveset boring in that tiny leak video and how his design was kinda generic. Never played Xenoblade, so that's probably why. Of course, I always expected him to get in, but I figured I wouldn't get hyped.

Boy was I wrong.

That trailer has so hype. Shulk seeing the future and stuff was great. Also SHULK TIME had me in stitches. His moveset looks fantastic, especially with the Monado Arts(That's what they're called right?). Funnily enough, I was watching some videos that had various characters quotes' from Xenoblade. This was my first exposure to Riki. I found him pretty cute, and seeing him in Shulk's Final Smash was awesome.

Also, are there any good Let's Plays of Xenoblade? I kinda want to get into the series and get to know the characters better.

Chuggaconroy's LP is still ongoing, and he's one of the most passionate Xenoblade fans out there. Or, you could wait until Xenoblade 3D if you have any interest in getting a New 3DS. Either one would be good.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman

Boy was I wrong.

Chuggaaconroy has an LP right now. Megablueblasta has all of the cutscenes cut together into several videos (11?).

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I just got caught up after being a school all day, so....

HELL ****ING YES!
I was watching the English trailer on my phone all day along with showing it to my friends, and dear Meyneth that was the most hyped I've ever been! My dad was in the room when I first saw the screen shots on the US website (prior to leaving for school), and he says he hasn't seen me that excited since I last believed in Santa Clause. Really, in a way, I'm thankful for the leak. It allowed me to come to terms with the mode-switch mechanic. Now I'm experiencing this trailer with nothing but pure hype, not a bit of salt on me. Nothing bitter sweet about this day!

And then, around one o'clock when I'm in my computer class I decide to look online to see what else Nintendo announced in the direct, and what do I see? A BRAND SPANKING NEW SET IMPROVED OF 3DS MODELS COMING OUT NEXT YEAR, WITH A 3D PORTABLE VERSION OF XENOBLADE EXCLUSIVE TO IT! My hype was off the stinking charts! I'm proud to say I'm a member of the "buying a New 3DS just for Xenoblade" club (well, I suppose I'm also buying it so I won't have to carry around my circle pad pro for Monster Hunter, but that's beside the point). I bought the 3DS day one, and never swapped out for an XL, so I'm more than willing to upgrade next year, especially since I'm going to be needing an extra 3DS for Pokémon trading. Also, as someone who loves the 3D feature, I can not wait to play Xenoblade on the go in 3D with the improved 3D effect. This is perfect for me.

One final note, I suggest that the name of this thread be changed to "Colony 6: The Shulk general discussion/social thread" as was suggested a few weeks ago.

Chuggaconroy's LP is still ongoing, and he's one of the most passionate Xenoblade fans out there. Or, you could wait until Xenoblade 3D if you have any interest in getting a New 3DS. Either one would be good.
WAIT, that's actually happening? A 3ds Xenoblade Chronicles?
I need 50 copies of that, now.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Whoa, what a day full of stuff, I know Im late but Congratulations to all the followers and supporters!, Im unfamiliar with the Xenoblade Franchise but after seeing that trailer interest sparkled to get the Chronicles game.

...and Dat Shirtless alt. costume tho

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
WAIT, that's actually happening? A 3ds Xenoblade Chronicles?
I need 50 copies of that, now.
It's happening! Although, it's going to be exclusive to the New 3DS, due to its faster CPU and greater amount of RAM. Guess Xenoblade's a bit too much for the vanilla 3DS to handle.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
It's happening! Although, it's going to be exclusive to the New 3DS, due to its faster CPU and greater amount of RAM. Guess Xenoblade's a bit too much for the vanilla 3DS to handle.
Well, now I need to start saving even more cash, so many good things coming out these years.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Gaur Plains looks so... different from what I imagined. Playing on the hills that were basically the only place you couldn't go in Bionis' Leg is cool. I hope they upload a sample from that sweet Gaur Plains remix soon. The trailer is perfect. There is no way to top that. Backslashing unsuspecting enemies like in the game, visions, Xenoblade music + new Gaur Plains remix, Shulk time, Marth and Link vs. Shulk in an epic sword fight, Metal Face, swimsuit Shulk and HEROPON WITH HEROHOM.
Also
SHULK CONFIRMED THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE XENOBLADE RELEASED IN THE USA I'M LOSING MY MIND AND IT HAS BEEN LIKE 12 HOURS SINCE HIS REVEAL NO LEAK COULD KILL THIS HYPE

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I really want to be pissed that he made it in, but he actually looks kinda fun so maybe I won't hate him and by extension all of you for supporting him.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
How angry is the Ridley thread :p
We're not that pissed actually, more like fearing a heart attack because someone hypothized that they could do something smash related at PAX...and what better to show than the role of the "opposite" of Shulk, one of the western top 5 wanted? Thats why we shiver in fear this might be the end, while also hoping and praying it might be the beginning of it all. Or something along those lines.

Edit : Oh shoot that ninja mod. Sorry bout that.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Funny things happened while I was asleep apparently. We did it guys! (This is what I get for over sleeping. Whoops)

And that glorious trailer <3

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
So, with Xenoblade getting a port, do you think they might change anything from the game? Control wise is obviously going to have differences, but changes in possibly new arts the characters get? Maybe some more unique monsters? New achievements? What would Streetpass do, if anything?

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
So, with Xenoblade getting a port, do you think they might change anything from the game? Control wise is obviously going to have differences, but changes in possibly new arts the characters get? Maybe some more unique monsters? New achievements? What would Streetpass do, if anything?
This would be the perfect opportunity to add the Bionis Left Shoulder, and maybe adjust the gem crafting some to where it feels more useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom