• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booster

Smash Lord
I think it's finally time I play my copy of Xenoblade. I've kept it waiting long enough. Has anyone got any quick tips that'll be handy for me to know? Thanks!

After that I should also open my still sealed copy of Awakening that I got over a year ago. I suck at playing games.
Never sell anything besides equipment and when I say never I mean it, sometimes you know when you'll need it, most of the time not.

D

Deleted member

"Looks like we don't have a choice!" should've been the name for Pacman's trailer :troll:

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
This is not at all related to the trailer, but something I have had on my mind since I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles.

Anyone else think Shulk is kind of cute? I guess it's because he is a little on the short side and a bit of a nerd. At the start of the game when he's around Reyn, I was like "O.O He's so tiny." But then it turned out that Reyn is just a huge beast.
No sis, Shulk is a STUD! Lemme gather my coins and purchase Xenoblade Chronicles just so I can play as this STUD. :love:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
This is not at all related to the trailer, but something I have had on my mind since I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles.

Anyone else think Shulk is kind of cute? I guess it's because he is a little on the short side and a bit of a nerd. At the start of the game when he's around Reyn, I was like "O.O He's so tiny." But then it turned out that Reyn is just a huge beast.
The very sight of Shulk in goggles in nearly enough to make my ovaries explode. Is that what you meant by "cute"?

Hong

The Strongest
No sis, Shulk is a STUD! Lemme gather my coins and purchase Xenoblade Chronicles just so I can play as this STUD. :love:
The very sight of Shulk in goggles in nearly enough to make my ovaries explode. Is that what you meant by "cute"?

When I got to Makna Forest, all I could think was "Gosh, I hope Shulk gets his jungle outfit as an alt in Smash Bros". I did NOT expect THIS, and am not at all disappointed.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

Looks like the leaked videos are turning out to be true, not that it really surprises me; if they were fake, Nintendo wouldn't have been so quick to knock them off YouTube.

Anyhow, I am absolutely ecstatic that Shulk made the cut! When I came home from class, the first thing I did was check the Smash website to see if the Pic of the Day had been changed. When I saw Shulk on the screen, I literally jumped out of mine chair! I actually had to stop to breathe because I was just so overloaded with hype! I always thought the Guar Plains theme would be in Shulk's trailer, if he was confirmed.

Though he doesn't quite play like I thought he would, I think I will grow to like Shulk's fighting style, for it has an interesting and strategic gimmick. Also, I am glad they incorporated his Back Slash art in his moveset.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Don't you mean Two Shulks.:troll:
I know its trolling...but did you guys notice how Shulk seems to be the Antithesis of Robin? Robin changes weapons to match the situations - Shulk changes stats. Robin uses tactics - Shulk more of a direct approach (well, with his visions he can allow himself to be a bit sloppy...). Robin has short melee attacks + ranged specials, Shulk has long ranged melee attacks and no ranged at all (from what we saw, anyway).

Also Robin is an FE character without counter and Shulk isn't an FE character and has counter :troll:

Hong

The Strongest
Shulk has the coolest counter though, IMO. I like the sound effect.

Booster

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it be awesome if Mii Swordfighters got the option to use the same swords as the sword characters?

Morbi

Scavenger
It appears that we got both Dunban and Riki were used thereby making that debate worthless. Haha. Congratulations, Shulk fans that did not bandwagon support him.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Oh wow.....Shulk is really playable in smash.

This isn't like one of those weird Smash dreams where any second now somebody is going to post a newcomer trailer for Homer Simpson is it?

So very happy to see Riki play such an important role along with Dunban. At this point it would be nice to see Seven as an assist trophy. (Maybe a Reyn one if we get more than two) Overall the representation is better than I could possibly have imagined.

I hope we get a remix of Unfinished Battle and One Who Gets in Our Way. I loved those ones especially the latter.

Booster

Smash Lord
Anyone else think it's kind of cheap that Shulk's leaked/official artwork is just an altered Little Mac? Glad his character model isn't the same way

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I'm surprised Reyn isn't in the chain-attack. Unless the summoned characters are varied?

Whatever, I'm just glad to see Dunban in HD.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
this was the best character reveal so far. i finally have a newcomer to main! too much hype

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I kinda wish Palutena was in the trailer, or maybe even R.O.B. as a veteran reveal. But that fight with Marth and Link was pretty awesome, so I ain't complainin'.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Let me find a Shulk mii on the internet and add him to my Tomodachi Life game.
I'm adding him too- I just finished adding Chrom today while Robin and Lucina were last week. Geez, I can only fit about 3 more guys now if I'm limiting myself to 50 of each gender.

I know its trolling...but did you guys notice how Shulk seems to be the Antithesis of Robin? Robin changes weapons to match the situations - Shulk changes stats. Robin uses tactics - Shulk more of a direct approach (well, with his visions he can allow himself to be a bit sloppy...). Robin has short melee attacks + ranged specials, Shulk has long ranged melee attacks and no ranged at all (from what we saw, anyway).

Also Robin is an FE character without counter and Shulk isn't an FE character and has counter :troll:
Wow, very interesting post, and I'm interested in playing as both of them (with an obvious favorite though). Between these two and my old Pokémon Trainer from Brawl, I have a tendency to pick some complicated characters up.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I haven't played xenoblade, but in the end of the trailer where the thing is foreshadowed flying overhead, (I saw it in japanese first so I had no idea it was talking) I thought it was the halberd, and it was going to do a Shulk + Mr.Game and Watch reveal.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Damn shulk got some booty

Let's talk about how Sakurai is the best person to have every existed. Purely because of the title of shulks reveal trailer

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
after watching the Shulk trailer,I have something to say about Shulk counter. Does his animations keep changing because the counter looks different when he is fighting Captain Falcon and Marth?

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Yawn... I'm just gonna wake up late, feed my dog, make some tea, see what's going down on the ole internets....

WHADAFAQ?!!

Shulk confirmed? Face same as the leak? New intro video?

You guys didn't wake me up from Crashbords?!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I hope this is localized, but for some reason, I'm not really counting on it, since lots of translation has to do be done to fit in the 3DS screens.
Maybe it is being translated and that's a reason why we're getting the game so late.

after watching the Shulk trailer,I have something to say about Shulk counter. Does his animations keep changing because the counter looks different when he is fighting Captain Falcon and Marth?
It looks like he mistimed his Marth one and sweet-spotted his Falcon one. He was idle for a bit too long when Marth attacked and said "A vision," as if he realized something would happen. His "I see it," when he hit Falcon could mean that he he properly foresaw the move and timed his counter perfectly- it seemed to be a much better hit.

Last edited:

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
HELLO guys I'm finally back and I just wanna say congratulations to all you long time supporters shulk is in smash 4! I haven't been on in a while and some of you don't know me but I am officially back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom