• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killswitch0078

Smash Rookie
Anyone else REALLY want that rock version of Gaur Plains to play on the stage? Or at least be one of the extra songs you can choose for Smash Run, PLEASE!

rogue_shade

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rogue_Shade
3DS FC
4210-4476-8602
Can we all agree to call the Final Smash "Heropon and Sidekicks"?

Last edited:

thecharizardf8

Smash Cadet
if they port xenoblade onto the new 3ds I wanna see the idk if this is a spoiler or not but just to be safe but I hope they let you go to
The Bionis shoulder

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
So we know all of Shulk's attacks except for: ftilt, uair, dash attack (dair we saw in the leak). I'm really enjoying his moveset and I'm already thinking of all of the endless possibilities of how to manipulate and capitalize off of the Monado arts. You could use jump to follow up off of throws at high percents, or to chase opponents that you sent up. Buster will be perfect right after you get a KO to rack up some crazy damage, and Smash could be used right after buster to clean up at lower percents. No sure how to efficiently utilize Shield or Speed quite yet, maybe Shield on your last stock to stick around longer, and use Speed when you have a lead to be harder to hit.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So we know all of Shulk's attacks except for: ftilt, uair, dash attack (dair we saw in the leak). I'm really enjoying his moveset and I'm already thinking of all of the endless possibilities of how to manipulate and capitalize off of the Monado arts. You could use jump to follow up off of throws at high percents, or to chase opponents that you sent up. Buster will be perfect right after you get a KO to rack up some crazy damage, and Smash could be used right after buster to clean up at lower percents. No sure how to efficiently utilize Shield or Speed quite yet, maybe Shield on your last stock to stick around longer, and use Speed when you have a lead to be harder to hit.
Ftilt is also seen in the leak video, but it's hard to make out since it happens when Lucina hits her Fsmash (it's kind of a quick little swipe with the Monado's laser blade infront of him)

Squishyfrog

Smash Rookie
NNID
Squishyfrog
Congrats everyone! I'm sure there was no doubt in anyone's mind that Shulk would be in after the whole leak business, and while it did spoil the reveal a bit, I'm still hyped to see him in regardless, and that's coming from someone who has never played Xenoblade. Who knows, maybe his presence in Smash will get me to play it some day. =)

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
You know how we joked that Shulk would be the worst character against non-robots due to the Monado not harming homs? I just thought about that and...
The Monado can't harm the people with Zanza's blood, and since none of the other characters are created by Zanza, the Monado can slice through them, like a hot knife through butter!
Pretty neat attention to detail.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I personally think it's called Chain Attack.
Now I wish there were customisable Final Smashes so that Melia, Sharla, and Reyn could appear.
It could just be a random two party members every time. I kind of assumed this after the random addition of Dunban and Riki.

rogue_shade

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rogue_Shade
3DS FC
4210-4476-8602
Congrats everyone! I'm sure there was no doubt in anyone's mind that Shulk would be in after the whole leak business, and while it did spoil the reveal a bit, I'm still hyped to see him in regardless, and that's coming from someone who has never played Xenoblade. Who knows, maybe his presence in Smash will get me to play it some day. =)
The funny thing is that a lot of people think that the reveal trailers are completely ruined now that we (presumably) know the almost-final roster. In reality, a lot of people, including myself, seemed very hyped for it. We may know the characters, but we don't go into the trailer knowing who will be revealed, what will happen, what moves will be shown, etc.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Looking at the trailer multiple times, I love his moveset so much, the director managed to fit in the best parts about Shulk with the Monado modes and the vision into the game. I really don't care if the regular arts aren't there, this is quite possibly better than my moveset I made, Sakurai's is much more conservative!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The funny thing about Shulk is that he's actually a really straight forward character without the Arts involved. Straight forward in the sense that everything is self explanatory.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I said before that Gaur Plains was going to look the same as it did in Xenoblade since some stages like Skyloft and Town & City look the same from their respective games. Looks like I'm wrong, and I'm glad I was! It looks so gorgeous. *o*

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
The funny thing about Shulk is that he's actually a really straight forward character without the Arts involved. Straight forward in the sense that everything is self explanatory.
but with the arts he becomes extremely complex and has somewhat of a learning curve which means he won't necessarily be top tier unless you master the arts-most likely. Its not like where you can go Meta knight and it becomes easy mode press b to win.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
but with the arts he becomes extremely complex and has somewhat of a learning curve which means he won't necessarily be top tier unless you master the arts-most likely. Its not like where you can go Meta knight and it becomes easy mode press b to win.
Well modes are something you have to devote to, and it's something you can't "spam" since once used, a mode goes on cooldown. You need to pick the mode for the situation, and properly capitalize on it before your mode goes on cooldown.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Just dropping by and saying congrats Shulk fans. He looks really awesome to play as.

Also, that illustration is just plain GORGEOUS. One of my favs that's for sure!

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Well modes are something you have to devote to, and it's something you can't "spam" since once used, a mode goes on cooldown. You need to pick the mode for the situation, and properly capitalize on it before your mode goes on cooldown.
They should throw a cooldown on Meta's nado to also deter spamming :troll:

Hong

The Strongest
I wonder if there will be any capacity for Xenoblade Chronicles items. Seems unlikely, but we'll see.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I wonder if there will be any capacity for Xenoblade Chronicles items. Seems unlikely, but we'll see.
Just pretend all the food is Xenoblade collectables.

On a serious note considering items are not really a thing Xenoblade is known for outside of the Monado, assist trophy's are probably the best type of item that could represent Xenoblade.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Just had to share this Youtube comment since it got me to laugh.

So Shulk takes out Bowser, Link and Marth and is feeling like he's on top of the world....

SUDDENLY TERRITORIAL ROTBART
Xenoblade in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom