• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Gratulations to all Shulk supporters! I hope the leak didn't kill your hype for the reveal trailer. ;)

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Japanese trailer for those who played Xenoblade in Japanese:

HOLY CRAP SHULK OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

EDIT: ALSO DUNBAN AND HEROPON IN FINAL SMASH

ALSO IT'S FUNNY THAT DUNBAN AND CAPTAIN FALCON ARE IN THE SAME GAME BECAUSE THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME VOICE ACTOR

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I've already watched the trailer a billion times, holy crap. I've actually lost my voice from screaming so much. I thought that the leak killed my hype, but I was completely wrong.

My only complaint about this day is that the Xenoblade 3DS port is only for a 3DS that I don't have. I ONLY HAVE SO MUCH MONEY, NINTENDO.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
HOLY BIONIS.

I had no idea that 3DS direct was today, and that a new character would be shown.

Apparently, it was shown around 3/4:00 am my time.
AND I MISSED IT!

NOW IT'S SHULK TIME.

RIKI AS AN ASSIST TROPHY. Edit: apparently, he's actually involved in the final smash, not Reyn.

DUNBAN AND REYN INVOLVED IN THE FINAL SMASH.

PRETTY STAGE.

I'M CRYING.

HELP ME GUYS.

----

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
That was trailer was just right.

The remix was outstanding. Riki being in the final smash was the icing on the cake, never mind how gorgeous Gaur Plain looks!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
To quote Egoraptor:

OH. MY. GOD.

I'm so hyped I'm speechless, leak is confirmed, so here's hoping for Ice Climbers and Mewtwo being unlockable!

OH. MY. GOD.

Wow.

This is gonna be fun as ****.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I'm so glad Riki's in the Final Smash ! I actually replaced Shulk by Riki as the character I was using lol.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Congrats on Shulk finally getting revealed everyone!

The one time I choose to miss out on a live direct lol
Yeah, I understand that. The stream was at 6 AM my time, there was no way I was making it up for that. Still though, I checked the Smash Bros. website first thing this morning, and it was hype as **** for me.

Hong

The Strongest
Gratulations to all Shulk supporters! I hope the leak didn't kill your hype for the reveal trailer. ;)
Monolith Soft flapping their arms around ecstatically for these past few months did the trick for me.

Leak or no, I had always expected Shulk, and none of this had taken away from the trailer.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
So, not sure if this has been proposed in this thread before, but how 'bout for an alt. costume, Shulk uses one o' those Oil armors... because oil is so good for... defense... amongst other things >_> 10/10wouldmainShulkifhewascoveredinoil*cough*
My post from over a month ago...

Thank you based Sakurai ;v;

Guess I'm going to have to main Shulk, now! :awesome:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I think it's finally time I play my copy of Xenoblade. I've kept it waiting long enough. Has anyone got any quick tips that'll be handy for me to know? Thanks!

After that I should also open my still sealed copy of Awakening that I got over a year ago. I suck at playing games.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I think it's finally time I play my copy of Xenoblade. I've kept it waiting long enough. Has anyone got any quick tips that'll be handy for me to know? Thanks!

After that I should also open my still sealed copy of Awakening that I got over a year ago. I suck at playing games.
Do quests. At least the monster quests, which are usually the first quests you'll find whenever walking into an area (excluding areas such as Colony 9 and Agniratha). It'll save you so much grinding time.

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
I just hope he has his backslash. Everything else looks fine to me. It's a lvl 3 CPU, Ganon and Charizard look equally bad with them controlling it
His backslash is shown, most likely as his side special.

Hong

The Strongest

Don't feel compelled to do all the optional quests. I grossly outlevel all the content, and I'd be twice as far as I am now if I just let them go.

Speaking of which, it's good to have a web browser handy. It will help to find things for a number of quests you'll be given.
I use my 3DS.

In Xenoblade Chronicles, you can play as and control any of your party members. After a while, give some of them a try. It really helps to keep the experience fresh.

You can jump to any area you have been to by opening up the main menu with the - button and selecting Area Maps. The normal map button only limits you to the area you are in, so I didn't know about this feature for a bit.

It's always Reyn time. Always.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
You can jump to any area you have been to by opening up the main menu with the - button and selecting Area Maps. The normal map button only limits you to the area you are in, so I didn't know about this feature for a bit.
THIS IS HIGHLY IMPORTANT. It's PAINFUL to travel back to previous areas without the full quick travel. Trust me, I've been there.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I love Xenoblade Chronicles.
I love the 3DS.

Nintendo confirmed for vendetta against me and my wallet.

I mean now I HAVE to buy the new 3DS XL along with Xenoblade Chronicles.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
This is not at all related to the trailer, but something I have had on my mind since I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles.

Anyone else think Shulk is kind of cute? I guess it's because he is a little on the short side and a bit of a nerd. At the start of the game when he's around Reyn, I was like "O.O He's so tiny." But then it turned out that Reyn is just a huge beast.

Booster

Smash Lord
If Shulk isn't powerful enough to one shot Bowser in the actual game with a back slice I'm going to be pissed.

Also Shulk only seems to have a few of Marth's moves, but since he can change his stats (Presumably with B) it makes him very different from Marth as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom