• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Is Shulk punching in this picture?! Also, I did not know you had a source but that does line up with what you were saying and the Shulk photo you posted yesterday.
Major Xenoblade spoilers
Fiora fell of in her Face armour on Yoshi's island, Shulk screams "Fioraaaaaa" & is about to jump to save her :troll:

Joking aside maybe its a taunt directed to Ganondorf "You're not invincible, Monado enchant"

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Maybe its a Ike reskin in a Brawl Hack?

There has been a lot of that going on.

Aurablade

Smash Cadet
I just want this leak to be real. I mean, it's the most awesome one we ever had for Smash 4. And it has Shulk in it. AND DUCK HUNT WOW. Seriously I can't wait to rekt everybody with my little bowser or my mighty heir to the Monado.

The Monkey King

Smash Rookie
These 'leaks' have to stop playing with my emotions.

Samurai pls have mercy and just show us the official Shulk announcement trailer!

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
These leaks of Shulk are fake. The fact that there's a debate on whether it's fake or real means it's fake. If it was real there'd be no question about it and you'd know it was real right off the bat.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
These leaks of Shulk are fake. The fact that there's a debate on whether it's fake or real means it's fake. If it was real there'd be no debate and you'd know it was real right off the bat.
Wrong. Brawl's CSS was discussed quite a lot, Melee's CSS was questioned a lot due to the way the clones are put in there, not to mention the plethora of Pokémon X & Y leaks people tried "proved" as fakes. People will not believe the real deal even if it's right in front of their eyes.

Last edited:

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
Wrong. Brawl's CSS was discussed quite a lot, Melee's CSS was questioned a lot due to the way the clones are put in there, not to mention the plethora of Pokémon X & Y leaks people tried "proved" as fakes. People will not believe the real deal even if it's right in front of their eyes.
It looks like a complete mess to me, imo, and there's too many inconsistencies for me to believe it's real.

This should answer your question

Just be proud that the forum was able to dissect the leak to oblivion

Oh and we don't want Shulk to look like Little Mac, right? amirite?

And who the flipping **** wants Dark Pit and who the roasted hell wants Ice Climbers removed? Someone prepare them thunder bolts

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
There's been a leak huh? Is it a good leak or does it sink the boat?
The boat is setting sail through Rainbow Ride right now. I think I posted all of the pics a page or two back but if we discuss the leak we have to specifically be talking about Shulk. Otherwise we will receive infractions.

@ Berserker. Berserker. Its been confirmed that some characters were missing from that CSS according to Neo and Masterlinkx. Apparently some unexpected characters even. A second Xenoblade rep fits into that category although I highly doubt it.

I think Little Mac and Shulk look different enough. Did you really see the render and think that before any of the photoshops? However, some choices such as DP, IC, and DM are questionable to say the least.

Either way, we have thought Shulk was guaranteed for a while now. Or at least I did. I can't say I'm surprised they opted to use the Monado as the series logo as opposed to the X. Seems like the better choice.

The best part of this leak is we finally have new ground to cover in this thread. I didn't mind going back and forth between many of the same topics but it did get redundant at times.

Last edited:
The boat is setting sail through Rainbow Ride right now. I think I posted all of the pics a page or two back but if we discuss the leak we have to specifically be talking about Shulk. Otherwise we will receive infractions.

@ Berserker. Berserker. Its been confirmed that some characters were missing from that CSS according to Neo and Masterlinkx. Apparently some unexpected characters even. A second Xenoblade rep fits into that category although I highly doubt it.

I think Little Mac and Shulk look different enough. Did you really see the render and think that before any of the photoshops? However, some choices such as DP, IC, and DM are questionable to say the least.
Jr. and the DLC-ification of Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wolf plus the CSS plus what you said are pretty much what made me scratch my head

Oh and Shulk punching? The only character that comes close to punching in a cutscene.... is Dunban....

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Jr. and the DLC-ification of Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wolf plus the CSS plus what you said are pretty much what made me scratch my head

Oh and Shulk punching? The only character that comes close to punching in a cutscene.... is Dunban....
Everything is getting confusing, especially since those pictures came from three different leakers. Cutting IC is extremely bizarre and so is Snake returning as DLC. All of the DLC actually. I'm a fan of the Bowser Jr. Koopa Clown Car move set as it sounds fun and definitely unique. It actually makes me more confident that Sakurai will do Shulk justice in terms of his move set. With how many Mario reps there are, logic dictates Zelda , Metroid, and DK should all get another rep. Yet logic in Smash Bros doesn't seem to always exist.

Also, someone mentioned that Shulk isn't punching and is actually performing a running grab. I can't tell if Shulk's model is bad in that image or the camera simply did something terrible.

MasterLinkx said the area music on the 3ds Gaur Plains stage follows a day to night cycle which is a nice touch.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

This should answer your question

Just be proud that the forum was able to dissect the leak to oblivion

Oh and we don't want Shulk to look like Little Mac, right? amirite?

And who the flipping **** wants Dark Pit and who the roasted hell wants Ice Climbers removed? Someone prepare them thunder bolts
The only real evidence I need is the ESRB thing. No one can really disprove that one. ESRB DON'T playtest, it's as simple as that. But all of these extra details certainly help.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

Problem is Sakurai is a creature of habit & in Ice climbers case they hindered development & became lower & lower on the priority list just like Mewtwo & Roy in Brawl.
Lucina is know for being last minute addition, so my bet is after they finished our Monado Boy, they ran out of time to finish the other veterans, but they wanted to pad the roster last minute to promote the alts of Pit, Mario & Marth to playable status due they would not be as labor heavy & their placement would make sense due the Melee clones also were last minute & out of place on the rosters.
Atleast Ice Climbers could always be standard in the WiiU version, but they need more time to make them work on the 3DS, so hopefully they will be released as free DLC

Shulk atleast will not be clone, & that he uses his fist could be his throw due I don't think he grabs people with the Monado, or he can use some arts from the other Party Members & this is Reyn's Bone Uper :troll:, but I think its his grab & throw animation due Ganondorf lies on the ground or that he used an Item

skstylez

Smash Journeyman

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
Is Shulk punching in this picture?! Also, I did not know you had a source but that does line up with what you were saying and the Shulk photo you posted yesterday.
I think that's a grab. It's a very awkward punch since his back is turned and left foot+left hand is forward. That's how you would stand if you were reaching far at something

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
#TEAMRETARD

All the evidence we need to conclude that Shulk is in fact a Little Mac Clone.

By the way... I did not returned. Not yet.

#TEAMRETARD

All the evidence we need to conclude that Shulk is in fact a Little Mac Clone.

By the way... I did not returned. Not yet.
By context, I meant the only thing I'm hoping for is that Shulk is real (As in, confirmed playable) discounting the likeness with Little Mac of course.

Oh and, that last picture might (key word might) be a running grab animation

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
By context, I meant the only thing I'm hoping for is that Shulk is real (As in, confirmed playable) discounting the likeness with Little Mac of course.

Oh and, that last picture might (key word might) be a running grab animation
Characters of SSB that use weapons in general moveset (hammers and swords) do mantain the weapon while grabbing.

Characters of SSB that use weapons in general moveset (hammers and swords) do mantain the weapon while grabbing.
Although I'm tempted to say that we shouldn't try using previous SSB iterations to support your statement because there are several changes that make Smash 4 a whole new game, that's actually a good observation....

Maybe Shulk can use steel strike not really exact though but close enough) :troll:

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
So, Chuggaconroy tweeted Adam Howden saying "Thanks for the message, I shot you a DM back."

Adam Howden's now following Chuggaconroy, too.

The plot thickens.

SO IT DOES.

To be fair, the Chuggaconroy thing could be about anything, and Howden wouldn't risk job security talking about his VA work with a random LPer, no matter how popular Chugga might be. The tweet favoriting thing interests me, though...

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So, Chuggaconroy tweeted Adam Howden saying "Thanks for the message, I shot you a DM back."

Adam Howden's now following Chuggaconroy, too.

The plot thickens

Link here for all Bronado's:
Even if this might not have anything to do with Smash, it's still really damn sweet.

The Monkey King

Smash Rookie
I'm not 100% convinced with the whole 'Shulk is a shop of Mac' argument.

You could do the same thing with Palutena and Lucina's faces with even more ease.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Adam is watching Chugga's playthrough because he said in an interview he didn't own a Wii and only got to play the first several hours of the game himself at a friends house.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
You guys have to admit, even if this ends up fake it really spurred more discussion on the site which can only be a good thing.

I remember the jokes about Shulk being an Ike clone :eek:

Hopefully Adam shows up in Chugga's Let's play. Maybe they'll do a live reenactment of FIIIOOOOOORRAAAA

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
You guys have to admit, even if this ends up fake it really spurred more discussion on the site which can only be a good thing.

I remember the jokes about Shulk being an Ike clone :eek:

Hopefully Adam shows up in Chugga's Let's play. Maybe they'll do a live reenactment of FIIIOOOOOORRAAAA
Yeah, this really kickstarted this thread again, holy crap.

Also:

FIORUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH*

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Chugga already has the life size Monado replica. Hmmm.. It is really coming together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom