• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Every Party member does put their weapons back when they win a battle, but thats the only thing I can think off
I don't remember Shulk standing like that but he may have at some point. I know this isn't the leaks thread but Masterlinkx hasn't said anything since he posted those pictures and some info from his source. With all of the chaos going on, I think he could definitely clear some things up.

Back to the victory poses, Xenoblade doesn't really have them per se, although they can be taken from some of the cinematic actions when something good happens.

mber: 235470"]Every Party member does put their weapons back when they win a battle, but thats the only thing I can think off[/quote]
I believe Shulks victory pose in that picture is real,in Xenoblade he puts his hand in the air
Every Party member does put their weapons back when they win a battle, but thats the only thing I can think off
I don't remember Shulk standing like that but he may have at some point. I know this isn't the leaks thread but Masterlinkx hasn't said anything since he posted those pictures and some info from his source. With all of the chaos going on, I think he could definitely clear some things up.

Back to the victory poses, Xenoblade doesn't really have them per se, although they can be taken from some of the cinematic actions when something good happens.

I believe Shulk victory pose he does is not the one from Xenoblade,so it looks pretty real.his Xenoblade pose,he has his hand in the air

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I don't recall him doing anything thing but I mean hands on the hips isn't too uncommon of a pose. xD I'm sure he does it throughout the game.

Here's hoping he says something from the game like "piece of cake"

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Yeah I don't recall him doing anything thing but I mean hands on the hips isn't too uncommon of a pose. xD I'm sure he does it throughout the game.

i meant to say that he jumps in the air,with one hand up.my phone was bugging out badly.that pose with the hips might be legit

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman

"Haha! We win!" *Takes out infinity sandwich and begins eating*

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I want him to spam "Monado."

So Monado Purge, Monado Buster, etc.

Plus the essential Monado quotes. This is the true power of the Monado.

Also victory quote #1 - The Future doesn't belong to you.

Edit: It would be nice if Fiora or Reyn popped up next to him too and had a short exchange. What a bunch of Jokers is just too easy

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
#TEAMRETARD
All the evidence we need to conclude that Shulk is in fact a Little Mac Clone.

By the way... I did not returned. Not yet.
It's scary because a few pages back I joked about how Shulk would have all of Little Mac's A's. Also, you guys seen Famitsu yet? Shulks basically confirmed at this point GG everyone /Thread

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
It's scary because a few pages back I joked about how Shulk would have all of Little Mac's A's. Also, you guys seen Famitsu yet? Shulks basically confirmed at this point GG everyone /Thread
plz send me the leak!!!!!!!! The future must be in our Hands!!

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
...What happened with Famitsu now?

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Please God don't let Shulk say Monado so often that it becomes as annoying as Ness and Lucas with PK

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Thanks to a good friend,

We have always known!

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
i love how Alvis says Shulk, and btw what does the scan show,i cant see it
Basically it shows Tomadochi life stage. But, it's a room never seen. So either the guy got famitsu a couple weeks early or this is real(No way you can make all this 1 day.)

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
well here`s something to kill the leak

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Nah this is real. No way this guy just got famitsu early and made all those character renders. I refuse to believe this is fake.
I want it to be real cuz of Shulk,but why out of all characters Dr Mario and NOT mewtwo ugh

Last edited:

The Monkey King

Smash Rookie
I must say I'm British myself but I hate the British Xenoblade voices. When I first saw them I went 'NOOOOOOPE!' and switched to the lovely Japanese voices and never went back.

I don't usually do this with games but I just couldn't take the characters seriously with such stereotypical British accents.

That's just me though.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
I must say I'm British myself but I hate the British Xenoblade voices. When I first saw them I went 'NOOOOOOPE!' and switched to the lovely Japanese voices and never went back.

I don't usually do this with games but I just couldn't take the characters seriously with such stereotypical British accents.

That's just me though.
i like the voice actors but im american

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Nah this is real. No way this guy just got famitsu early and made all those character renders. I refuse to believe this is fake.
The Famitsu picture and the leak image don't even match. The leak image is very likely just from the original name.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I want it to be real cuz of Shulk,but why out of all characters Dr Mario and NOT mewtwo ugh
How many times do the mods need to say stay on topic?

But, to answer your question, Doc and DPit got the Lucina treatment. Intended alt costumes who got promoted to full characters.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965

But, to answer your question, Doc and DPit got the Lucina treatment. Intended alt costumes who got promoted to full characters.
we are all talking about the famitsu leak and i mentioned shulk,wanting him in the game,so i am on topic or nobody is

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127

Do you mind re-directing me to a thread when they're talking about the leak? I do kinda want to discuss it in general.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Do you mind re-directing me to a thread when they're talking about the leak? I do kinda want to discuss it in general.
HERE

But yeah I'm okay with the british accents I just don't want the word Monado thrown everywhere

imagine a Shulk vs Shulk vs Shulk vs Shulk match

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Someone else might be able to help, I don't know where the thread is. I think @Hong posted it a page or two ago.

we are all talking about the famitsu leak and i mentioned shulk,wanting him in the game,so i am on topic or nobody is
You're complaining about Doc getting in over Mewtwo, with Shulk shoehorned in to look like you're on topic. I don't think that's gonna cut it with the mods. If you were discussing primarily the parts of the leak involving Shulk, then you'd be fine.

Anyway, I do like Shulk's render, and in retrospect, it looks unique from Little Mac's. The pose is similar enough to do an overlay, but that's where the similarities end.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that looks similar is the angles the head is tilted at.
yeah I'm not convinced about the Little Mac/Shulk deal. Why render the hair and the body but take Little Mac's face? And honrestly aside from eyes and nose lining up I don't see many similarities

99thSmashFan

Smash Rookie
I support Shulk, although I have never played Xenoblade before, I have been reading leaks lately about Ninka_kiwi leak, I really hope the 5 modes of Shulk works out really well.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
This has probably been discussed at some point, but since the Japanese VA for Shulk was confirmed to be in X (Is he one of the custom voices?) Does this mean we can confidently assume Adam Howden will have the same role for the English version?

Edit: @BluePikmin11 Newcomer joins the thread

Edit 2: @ 99thSmashFan 99thSmashFan The 5 mode move set sounds very ambiguous. I think Ninka said that part may have been wrong or just a misunderstanding. The ideas I've heard about buffs/debuffs or the more damage input/output sound more promising while still being unique to Smash. Whatever it is, I'd say we may found out even sooner than we thought

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
I support Shulk, although I have never played Xenoblade before, I have been reading leaks lately about Ninka_kiwi leak, I really hope the 5 modes of Shulk works out really well.
Welcome!

If anyone is wondering about Shulk's moveset in the Ninka leak here it is(at least part of it)

-Shulk will be playable with Gaur Plains as his stage, his neutral B changes his Monado mode which essentially makes him dish more damage and take more, or do less damage, and take less.
-Shulk has like 5 different mode swaps

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

You KNOW that the episode is gonna be good when Reyn's name is in the title.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Someone else might be able to help, I don't know where the thread is. I think @Hong posted it a page or two ago.

You're complaining about Doc getting in over Mewtwo, with Shulk shoehorned in to look like you're on topic. I don't think that's gonna cut it with the mods. If you were discussing primarily the parts of the leak involving Shulk, then you'd be fine.

Anyway, I do like Shulk's render, and in retrospect, it looks unique from Little Mac's. The pose is similar enough to do an overlay, but that's where the similarities end.
OK mod,think what you want

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims

You KNOW that the episode is gonna be good when Reyn's name is in the title.
I love that part with Reyn and the button. It's still hilarious. A Reyn time joke seems too appropriate right now.

Right, Ninka posted the damage changes too. I honestly cannot even think of 5 different modes without Shulk becoming too confusing or overly complicated. Even though this is different than transforming characters, Sakurai ditched those and for good reason too.

Edit: @ Xenado Xenado Moose is right. I've gone a tad off topic in some of my previous posts, but I always try to bring it back with some Shulk centric questions or comments involving the leak. Don't worry about it, we're all bronados here

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
best part of shulk being in smash is kirby in his cute voice shouting monado buster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom