• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
What would your reaction be in the hypothetical scenario where Shulk is in as an Ike clone?
Is it bad that i'd actually kinda like that?

I'm only saying it because Ike is my second main. And now that I think about it, it just wouldn't work...

Ignore me :p

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
tbh even if he was an Ike clone I'd still be happy he's in. Not as happy but still.
Why the hell would Shulk be an Ike clone?

Haha, what?

EDIT: my bad, I didn't realise you weren't the original poster.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

yes, but if you had the choice of him being in (as an Ike clone) or him not being in, which would you take?
I would take him as an Ike clone. Having Shulk is better than not having him. Still, I would be disappointed.

So it looks were getting the 5 Monado Mode Shulk now.. it's looking really likely, what are your thoughts on it now?
I need to see such thing in action to make fair judgment.

Rohalina

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rohan21
3DS FC
4854-6423-3624
I really don't think Shulk would be a clone of Ike or Little Mac. He has so much potential with all the arts he learns in Xenoblade, Sakurai wouldn't overlook these and just give him basic sword moves, especially when there is already a clone sword fighter. Also, Rosalina could have been a Peach clone, but Sakurai gave her a Luma and made her unique. I don't see why he wouldn't do this for Shulk (obviously not a Luma, but uniqueness)

I am seriously so hyped by all this and I wish Sakurai would show a new trailer (with Shulk)

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
What would your reaction be in the hypothetical scenario where Shulk is in as an Ike clone?
How? No, seriously. How is that even possible? They two don't fight the same at all in terms of moves or even basic stats. Ganondorf being a Falcon clone is one thing. At the time that was decided, he'd only been in one game and had only one move unique to himself. Shulk has a 100+ hour game of him using moves and concepts unique to him. He doesn't fight the same as Ike, has never used any moves similar to Ike, and Ike's moveset would not make sense with the Monado.

It. Won't. Happen.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So it looks were getting the 5 Monado Mode Shulk now.. it's looking really likely, what are your thoughts on it now?
Bleh. I really dislike it. 5 modes are too excessive, I would be fine with one or two. It also isn't something that Shulk actually has in Xenoblade, so that bothers me too. I can look past it if it's really well implemented, but on paper it sounds pretty bad imo.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I'd LOVE to see definitive proof of this being---
waaait I already got an infraction for this. So yeah Shulk is cool and stances are bad and Adam Howden is also cool

SaberPichu

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this being repetitive, and has been answered but, what is this "5 Monado Mode Shulk" it's just the first time I've heard this term.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I absolutely dread the 5 modes being confirmed. It would be an awful way to represent Shulk. Now, it could be implemented better than it sounds on paper, but as it stands it really kills a lot of hype for Shulk being in the game. At any rate, this whole thing could simply be a rather impressive fake. I don't doubt the internet's ability to do something like that. I'll need definitive proof from Sakurai before I give up completely.

SaberPichu

Smash Cadet
I am also curious to know what this means, is there a link someone could post that explains it?
Actually just googled it and got a post earlier in the thread. It was part of a leak. Didn't actually read anything else to see if that was ever explained.

This is an interesting development from Ninka Kiwi:
*Edit more info
-Shulk has like 5 different mode swaps

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Actually just googled it and got a post earlier in the thread. It was part of a leak. Didn't actually read anything else to see if that was ever explained.
ah thanks. If it's true I guess we'll have to wait and see how the different modes work. At the moment I'm really indifferent to how Shulk works I just want him in the game and top tier xD

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
yes, but if you had the choice of him being in (as an Ike clone) or him not being in, which would you take?
Honestly, i rather dont have a character if that character is a clone that makes no sense.
He is a clone of little mac, look at the images.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, i rather dont have a character if that character is a clone that makes no sense.
He is a clone of little mac, look at the images.
Dude I think it's been established across the boards the the Little Shulk argument is flimsy at best. You could literally do the same thing with any face if it were in a similar pose.

Samu

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty convinced Shulk will be a Pikachu clone. :troll:

Please add me to the Shulk support list :)

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Dude I think it's been established across the boards the the Little Shulk argument is flimsy at best. You could literally do the same thing with any face if it were in a similar pose.
But what about the Punch?
The punch is the final evidence that we need.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
How are leaks about Shulk going guys?

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
That was a pretty clear grab, bud. I want the leak to be fake as much as you, but the two arguments you brought up aren't good ones.
Nope, in SSB characters that use weapons in general moveset do mantain the weapon while grabbing.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
I really, really hope not, but certain things have come up that make me think they might be.

At any rate, if they are real, at least Shulk's hair is ****ing magnificent.
Hmm any proof you guys have came up with?I really want Shulk in the game so kiby can eat him and say "monado bustah!"

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Nope, in SSB characters that use weapons in general moveset do mantain the weapon while grabbing.
There's no clear cut rule about that though. But as the mods have said countless times, stop discussing the leak outside of theorizing what Shulk will be like (and I swear to the All-Maker if you say "hurr durr Little Mac clone" I WILL report you for spam).

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
There's no clear cut rule about that though. But as the mods have said countless times, stop discussing the leak outside of theorizing what Shulk will be like (and I swear to the All-Maker if you say "hurr durr Little Mac clone" I WILL report you for spam).
I'm mentioning shulk

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I don't remember Shulk standing like that but he may have at some point. I know this isn't the leaks thread but Masterlinkx hasn't said anything since he posted those pictures and some info from his source. With all of the chaos going on, I think he could definitely clear some things up.

Back to the victory poses, Xenoblade doesn't really have them per se, although they can be taken from some of the cinematic actions when something good happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom