• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
What if Zelda was fighting Ganondorf in that scenario since she has never been featured in a trailer?
That could work, but I just like the idea of Link (Triforce of Courage) pairing with Shulk best in the scenario of a LoZ character assisting Shulk. Plus Link - Ganondorf, Shulk - Metal Face...it's just perfect <3

Plus, you know, the super cool psychic powers. I really like the idea of a reveal trailer for Shulk with Ness/Lucas.
Me too, plus it's about time for at least one of them to make an appearance. Sheesh.

Metal Face would be one hell of a stage hazard, that's for sure. The only reason I didn't include Link is because he was in a trailer already. The manner in which they introduced Captain Falcon was very effective. I could personally see Ganondorf dropping in and K.O.ing the snot out of Mechons or Metal Face, where Shulk begins to face off with him shortly after.
Yeah, the bolded portion reflects my sentiments as well. Although characters like Mario and Link have appeared in other reveal trailers (Megaman, Mario in Rosalina), it's kind of a different feel I guess...Link had somewhat of a star role in the Palutena trailer, so I can't see him getting the same treatment in yet another trailer. Which is why I'm leaning towards Ness/Lucas. Regardless, the focus will be Shulk, and that's all that matters. Everything else we're hoping would just be little bonus treats to make us happier about the trailer overall since it's what we want :laugh:

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so according to anniversaries:

Xenoblade Chronicles

• Japan - June 10, 2010
  • Europe - August 19, 2011
  • Australia - September 1, 2011
  • North America - April 6, 2012
We should look for Series Anniversaries that have one occurring on August 19th.
Metroid's anniversary is in August, at least. If my remaining two wanted characters were confirmed this month, I'd lose my mind! :D

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yeah, the bolded portion reflects my sentiments as well. Although characters like Mario and Link have appeared in other reveal trailers (Megaman, Mario in Rosalina), it's kind of a different feel I guess...Link had somewhat of a star role in the Palutena trailer, so I can't see him getting the same treatment in yet another trailer. Which is why I'm leaning towards Ness/Lucas. Regardless, the focus will be Shulk, and that's all that matters. Everything else we're hoping would just be little bonus treats to make us happier about the trailer overall since it's what we want :laugh:
Yeah, but a lot of other characters have yet to recieve any real spotlight. We already know enough about Link and some of the current veterans. To see a bit more spotlight on characters like Shulk, Ness, Lucas, and Ganondorf would be great. I mean you can't tell me you wouldn't have a mini heart attack seeing Shulk be all like "Who are you?" then receiving a vision of Ganondorf beating him to a pulp, then surprising the crap out of Ganondorf by reacting to his attack with extreme dexterity.

Metroid's anniversary is in August, at least. If my remaining two wanted characters were confirmed this month, I'd lose my mind! :D
If I saw Ganondorf and Ridley together, I would likely just drop my controller. That is one fight I would never want to participate in.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah, but a lot of other characters have yet to recieve any real spotlight. We already know enough about Link and some of the current veterans. To see a bit more spotlight on characters like Shulk, Ness, Lucas, and Ganondorf would be great. I mean you can't tell me you wouldn't have a mini heart attack seeing Shulk be all like "Who are you?" then receiving a vision of Ganondorf beating him to a pulp, then surprising the crap out of Ganondorf by reacting to his attack with extreme dexterity.
Oh no, I'm not trying to make a case of wanting Link + Shulk, just saying that it would be nice. Ness/Lucas is ideal and that was the first thing I mentioned. Hopefully Shulk + Lucas > Shulk + Ness though ;)

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Someone mentioned reveals related to anniversaries. I'd like to list those characters:
  1. Luigi's reveal can go under the umbrella of it being the Year of Luigi, in itself because of his 30th anniversary (technically it would be more accurate to say it's for the 30th of Mario Bros.' release, but they focused on Luigi since Mario was older. :p).
  2. Peach's reveal was on the 28th-29th anniversary of Super Mario Bros.' release.
  3. Little Mac was revealed for the 30th anniversary of the Arcade Punch Out (which explains the arcade machine in both his trailer and newcomer poster).
  4. Lucario's reveal wasn't anything for Pokemon, but it WAS the 5th anniversary of Smash Bros. Brawl's release.
  5. Robin, Lucina and Captain Falcon's reveal wasn't on-the-dot on an anniversary, but it was near anniversaries for both Fire Emblem and F-Zero.
  6. This one isn't really an anniversary, but Sonic is the only one who got revealed for both Brawl AND 3DU on the same month. Maybe we could consider Sonic's Brawl reveal a 5th anniversary-worthy event in itself? :p

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I can see ROB or Samus showing up too. Mega Man would also fit but he's not going to be in another trailer.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
#TrueMonadoTuesday
You know I have changed my mind. Screw Shulk, I want the Reyn Time.

Ok not really, but since Shulk's final smash would in my opinion be a Chain Attack, I would be so hyped to see Reyn and Melia or even Riki in there throwing some punches.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Ok not really, but since Shulk's final smash would in my opinion be a Chain Attack, I would be so hyped to see Reyn and Melia or even Riki in there throwing some punches.
I'm torn between the vision final smash (the one where people move normally for a few seconds, then time is rewound, then everyone but Shulk is stuck in their animations while Shulk gets to move freely), and the chain attack final smash. I want to see visions represented, but I also want to see all of the party members in Smash in some way. D:

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
I'm torn between the vision final smash (the one where people move normally for a few seconds, then time is rewound, then everyone but Shulk is stuck in their animations while Shulk gets to move freely), and the chain attack final smash. I want to see visions represented, but I also want to see all of the party members in Smash in some way. D:
I didn't think of the visions, but since every character is getting a counter move now I could see it work as a counter in some way.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
If only two Final Smashes were an option. I'd bank on visions in the moveset or when dodging, and Chain Attack Final Smash.
Love the Chain Attack Final Smash idea. If it is a thing, would you prefer if the entire party (not sure about seven) took part or select ones? Also on that, I wonder if they'll use arts from the game or just do random attacks?

Aurablade

Smash Cadet
Each character with his own quote, giving his smash to the opponents. Of course, the chain attack will start with the "ALL TOGETHER NOW" and Riki going "RIKI TOGETHER TOO" all the way.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Love the Chain Attack Final Smash idea. If it is a thing, would you prefer if the entire party (not sure about seven) took part or select ones? Also on that, I wonder if they'll use arts from the game or just do random attacks?
I always saw with Reyn and Sharla, Shulk's first true teammates (other than Fiora) Reyn would assist in dealing damage and Sharla would restore Shulk's health. There would be a timed press B thing with the circles similar to Donkey Kong's FS to deal more damage

I feel like everyone would be a bit much unless they do something similar to Megaman. Six extra characters would be insane. plus I wanna see riki as an assist trophy.

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I think just two other party members, but which party members participate are randomized so we can see representation of all of them in his FS. And also, whenever it's Reyn's turn, he goes "Yeah, Reyn time".

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
If only two Final Smashes were an option. I'd bank on visions in the moveset or when dodging, and Chain Attack Final Smash.
Oh snap! I think you're on to something!!!

Have we even considered the possibility of customisable Final Smashes?!

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Oh snap! I think you're on to something!!!

Have we even considered the possibility of customisable Final Smashes?!
I highly, highly doubt this will be added... it would be really, really awesome if it was, then ZSS's Final Smash would be forced into an inferior option, but I don't think it'll be implemented.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I feel the anniversary argument, unless revealed on the date, is one big stretch. For example, Little Mac getting revealed on the 30th anniversary of the arcade game makes sense. Robin and Lucina getting revealed a couple days before the anniversary of a Fire Emblem game on virtual console? It's just a coincidence.

Does Mother have an anniversary this month? Since if a veteran is getting revealed along with Shulk Ness or Lucas make the most sense...besides Ganondorf.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
I feel the anniversary argument, unless revealed on the date, is one big stretch. For example, Little Mac getting revealed on the 30th anniversary of the arcade game makes sense. Robin and Lucina getting revealed a couple days before the anniversary of a Fire Emblem game on virtual console? It's just a coincidence.

Does Mother have an anniversary this month? Since if a veteran is getting revealed along with Shulk Ness or Lucas make the most sense...besides Ganondorf.
I checked the dates, and Earthbound's Japanese release was August 27th... we may see something then.

As for Zelda there were no August release dates for Japanese copies of ANY of the Zelda games.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I think the Mother series' anniversary was last month, actually. July 27 I think? But I think EB came to North American VC around this time too...

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Someone mentioned reveals related to anniversaries. I'd like to list those characters:
  1. Lucario's reveal wasn't anything for Pokemon, but it WAS the 5th anniversary of Smash Bros. Brawl's release.
Intriguing. In this case, we should be looking forward to the Anniversaries of Melee and 64.

Edit: In this case the Anniversaries for both Melee and 64 are too far beyond or too far ahead the date when Nintendo 3DS gets released.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I'm going with the anniversaries guest I kind of a believer of it, I'm looking forward to a Ness and Shulk trailer.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm going with the anniversaries guest I kind of a believer of it, I'm looking forward to a Ness and Shulk trailer.
How do you suggest they would react to each other and what role would they play in the same Trailer? Would Shulk save Ness or something else?

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
you guys think What you guys think of
How do you suggest they would react to each other and what role would they play in the same Trailer? Would Shulk save Ness or something else?
Ness getting attack by some Mechon or some villain maybe Ganondorf, Shulk sees a vision of Ness getting killed by the Mechon or Ganon and save him before that vision happens.

Last edited:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
It would be funny is if Shulk appears, and Ness sees his silhouette, like Mega man in his trailer, and Ness mistakes him for an enemy and attacks, Shulk obviously foresees it and dodges, Ness keeps attacking in frustration as Shulk comically continues to dodge. And then Mechon of some sorts attacks Ness, Shulk takes it down with the Monodo, finally revealing himself fully accompanied by his intro with his name and stuff.

though Lucas would kind of fulfill that role of being saved by shulk better than ness but whatevs

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
you guys think What you guys think of

Ness getting attack by some Mechon or some villain maybe Ganondorf, Shulk sees a vision of Ness getting killed by the Mechon or Ganon and save him before that vision happens.
I'm still hoping a mechon shows up in front of a cardboard box, and you hear "Metal Gear?" And proceed to watch Shulk kill the mechon while Snake is still sitting there under his cardboard box.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
So Mother 2's anniversary is on the 27th. Interesting...
I know for a fact either Ness or Lucas are going to be revealed before release, and the trend now is veterans getting revealed in newcomer trailers. So who what newcomer left would fit in a trailer with Ness that isn't Shulk?

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
I'll riot if Shulk and R.O.B. aren't in the same trailer. whether it's a small reference or the main point of the trailer, I want it to happen.

This isn't actually a spoiler at all, it's just not really relevant. I know there's a social thing for this but i'm lazy.
That fake livestream that you talked about a couple pages back? It's interesting to say the least.... it's still not shulk

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So Mother 2's anniversary is on the 27th. Interesting...
I know for a fact either Ness or Lucas are going to be revealed before release, and the trend now is veterans getting revealed in newcomer trailers. So who what newcomer left would fit in a trailer with Ness that isn't Shulk?
I hope to god we don't have to wait till the 27th to get a reveal, that's a long time from now.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nothing to see here.

Last edited:

derrickd95

Smash Rookie
So guys, what do you think Shulk's stage entrance should be?
Maybe he just shows up and activates the Monado? There's nothing like Samus's capsule or the Star Fox character's Arwings for him to show up on though...

Maybe he walks out of the Weapon Development Lab? I really can't think of anything else.

Last edited:

Aurablade

Smash Cadet
I can see him jumping from the ship you uses to get to Eghil's place near to the end of the game. Or maybe just what derrick just said. But I know for sure it'll be great.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Maybe he shows up and just activates the Monado? There's nothing like Samus's capsule or the Star Fox character's Arwings for him to show up on though...

Maybe he walks out of the Weapon Development Lab? I really can't think of anything else.
He skip travels into the arena duuuuhhhh.:psycho:.
Which means he would literally just appear there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom