• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
HOLY FLYING ****SNACKS. WHAT THE ACTUAL ****?!

Edit: Why aren't there any other videos on the channel? Then again, it's a livestream, so I don't think those are listed on the same technical channel.

?/??
I know right!? I was just looking through Miiverse and then just a random post with that link in it!

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
A Saturday reveal? That would be a bit odd, but maybe it's a response to an impending leak? I dunno. I'll make sure I'm present, at least.

Edit: figured as much.

Last edited:

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Nah, it's fake....my bad, I got really freaked out for a second there

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Though the thing is, I didn't think two Youtube channels could have the same name, which they do.

Could the fact that it's a stream have something to do with it being seperate?

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Though the thing is, I didn't think two Youtube channels could have the same name, which they do.

No, if you go to the channel and click discussion, you can see that it's actually somebody's account where they just changed the channel name and deleted all other videos.... Major Bummer D:

Hong

The Strongest
Shulk Surprise. :4dedede:

I would love if they literally just dropped a reveal trailer out of nowhere just to prove they cannot be predicted.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

I think since the Google takeover, display names are different from usernames. They probably changed their display name to Smash Bros., I assume display names can be identical since they're "real names".

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think since the Google takeover, display names are different from usernames. They probably changed their display name to Smash Bros., I assume display names can be identical since they're "real names".
Huh. Alright then. Also, if you got to Playlists, they have "let's play" videos, and some Toy Story 2 stuff. So this is a fake right here. Oh well, I'm still probably going to see what's shown, because it oughta be good for a laugh.

See, this kind of **** is why we need the real roster right now. Damn it, Sakurai.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Huh. Alright then. Also, if you got to Playlists, they have "let's play" videos, and some Toy Story 2 stuff. So this is a fake right here. Oh well, I'm still probably going to see what's shown, because it oughta be good for a laugh.

See, this kind of **** is why we need the real roster right now. Damn it, Sakurai.
The Hype is slowly dying! SHULK WE NEED YOU

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty much 99% sure Shulk will get into Smash. Everyone's citing the Gematsu leak's failure as the big reason why people should have doubts, but I still think the Gematsu leak has some truth. My personal theory is that Chrom was replaced mid-way through development because he was either too similar in appearance to Marth, or that there was the desire for more female characters.

Still though, Shulk has easily the most potential out of any newcomer to fit perfectly into Smash. I would be really surprised f he didn't get added, not to mention upset. He's a great character, and has brilliant voice work. (More British voice actors please!)

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Hey guys, I've been on vacation so I fell far behind in the thread. Can someone please catch me up with anything that happened/whatever is being discussed now?

Tailsluigi

Smash Rookie
Last night, I had a weird dream that Shulk was in Super smash bros and it was either me or someone else playing as him for the Wii U.

Man that was a crazy dream...

Opps, I thought I say this when it's about supporting Shulk for Super smash bros.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm pretty much 99% sure Shulk will get into Smash. Everyone's citing the Gematsu leak's failure as the big reason why people should have doubts, but I still think the Gematsu leak has some truth. My personal theory is that Chrom was replaced mid-way through development because he was either too similar in appearance to Marth, or that there was the desire for more female characters.

Still though, Shulk has easily the most potential out of any newcomer to fit perfectly into Smash. I would be really surprised f he didn't get added, not to mention upset. He's a great character, and has brilliant voice work. (More British voice actors please!)
Yeah, his potential is amazing. Do you want to get added to our support list by the way?

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I've been on vacation so I fell far behind in the thread. Can someone please catch me up with anything that happened/whatever is being discussed now?
Well we've kinda had a drought of information since the Robin reveal, but we've tried to discuss movesets and stuff...
You haven't really missed anything.
Oh that's right, we all have shades.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Understandable, people are still waiting on the Coro Coro scans although I doubt those will yield much in regards to new information.

Ha, why does everyone have shades now?

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Understandable, people are still waiting on the Coro Coro scans although I doubt those will yield much in regards to new information.

Ha, why does everyone have shades now?
The shades started about three days ago, when I and @ Hokori Hokori came up with the Dorf patrol, because both of us really like Dorf and where hyped for his Hyrule Warriors appearance.

dorf-patrol.gif

After that, I gave him a shaded Dorf avatar to match the GIF.
Dorf.png

And then everyone wanted to join in on the fun, so we all have shades now.
Yeah, I don't think Corocoro has anything interesting left.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
There hasn't been anything new or interesting, except for this:

"Pic of the day. Victini and Xerneas are both support Pokémon. Victini's Victory Star boosts the attack of whoever throws the Poké Ball, and also prevents flinching. Xerneas's Geomancy increases the launch power of all fighters, but exceptionally raises it for whoever had the Poké Ball."
in the last few days. And the reason why that PotD is interesting is because stat buffs could maybe be implemented in Shulk's moveset.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
So... Would anyone be willing to add shades to my avatar? :shades:
To follow this up, to those that are interested, PM/Profile Post @ Solfiner Solfiner , @TitanTeaTime, or @ Dunban Dunban for shades. As for joining the Shulk general social convo, you can PM/Profile Post me, @KingofZeroX, @ MooseSmuggler MooseSmuggler , or @ Solfiner Solfiner for an invite.

Talk of information coming out is killing me since we haven't gotten anything just yet. Hell, even if it's the some information we already know, I just wanna see it :ohwell:

Last edited:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
I read that a Pokemon site leaked the leaker on accident and the leaker hasn't shown anything else from CoroCoro since. soooooooooo

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
I read that a Pokemon site leaked the leaker on accident and the leaker hasn't shown anything else from CoroCoro since. soooooooooo
Bulbapedia, apparently, who has been the source of controversy regarding their opinions on leaks previously. IIRC, they cracked down hard on X and Y leaks and have been flamed by the community ever since.

EDIT: I checked Serebii, and more scans HAVE been put up, regarding Pokémon still. It's entirely possible that we'll see something Smash related soon, but as the magazine if officially released in 3 days I wouldn't be worried if we don't.

Last edited:

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
Bulbapedia, apparently, who has been the source of controversy regarding their opinions on leaks previously. IIRC, they cracked down hard on X and Y leaks and have been flamed by the community ever since.
I remember this person in Canada got X and Y early and started leaking everything then Nintendo got angry and actually went there to take their copies...
Nintendo don't like leaks.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
I remember this person in Canada got X and Y early and started leaking everything then Nintendo got angry and actually went there to take their copies...
Nintendo don't like leaks.
I did an essay on this for my Media course, so I can verify that what actually happened was that Italian and Canadian game stores began releasing the games on the 1st of October and not the 12th, the intended release date. Nintendo then threatened to sanction these retailers by refusing to send games before their release date, but actually sent messages to British stores to release the games one day ahead of schedule.

It was an odd move, and something I discussed as a potential marketing tactic. Also, Bulbapedia isn't actually run by Nintendo, it's a fan site.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Even outside of forums and the internet as a while I've been talking to friends and they're all getting antsy, wanting a new reveal. The whole world is waiting for you Shulk (Even if they say Ridley, King K Rool, Isaac or Goku they really mean Shulk).

EDIT: Also, guys unless Shulk is a Pokémon (don't bring up Shulkie) lets reel back on the Pokémon talk.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Even outside of forums and the internet as a while I've been talking to friends and they're all getting antsy, wanting a new reveal. The whole world is waiting for you Shulk (Even if they say Ridley, King K Rool, Isaac or Goku they really mean Shulk).
A lot of those feelings also have to do with the fact that Shulk has been anticipated for awhile now. He has been appearing on every leak, on everyone's roster prediction, the #MonadoMonday hype due to reasons we have already discussed...out of the big 3, Shulk arguably has the best chance of showing up as a playable fighter. 'The people' have been realizing this and are expecting him as well, so it's really just a matter on "When, Sakurai? WHEN?!"

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Well, do remember that Nintendo has a crackdown policy on leaks, and with Pokemon it's less strict because it just kind of happens and Pokemon comes nearly every year.

Smash is a much bigger deal and only comes around once every few years, so Nintendo's likely gone to extra levels to prevent the leakers/make sure the leakers omit Smash info before the magazine is officially released.

Last edited:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
I had been wanting Shulk in the game for quite a while and then #MonadoMonday ended up not happening and we got Robin (which is still really cool) but ever since then my hype for a Shulk reveal has been ridiculous. be still my beating heart

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
And don't forget that Sakurai seems to detest leaks, which is why he removed CGI cutscenes.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
And don't forget that Sakurai seems to detest leaks, which is why he removed CGI cutscenes.
Kind of the reason a part of me thinks every newcomer will get a reveal trailer. Why keep a character secret when it's going to get leaked out? Only problem with that is if that were the case we probably only got 2 newcomers left. I except Ridley and Shulk. The only other two newcomers I think we could get are a DK rep (Dixie being most likely) and a RH rep. But who cares about those jokas when you have Shulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom