• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Been watching the thread for a while and i want to support shulk as much as possible for smash so add me to the support list!
Don't know if this has been said but i am wandering what snakes codec call would be like for shulk if the are both appear in smash 4.
someone get him his shades he's one of us now

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Speaking of Shulk, do you think Shulk will have any specific win quotes against other characters in the game?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm sure he'll have something with rob and megaman
What would those be exactly?

Edit: Like if he fights Samus and wins he says: "What?!?!?!?! What have the Mechons done to you!?!?!?!" And fighting against Zero Suit Samus: "????!?!?! You can change between Mechon and Homs? What kind of creature are you?"

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Speaking of Shulk, do you think Shulk will have any specific win quotes against other characters in the game?
Has that even been confirmed to be a feature in Smash 4? If so, I've missed it somewhere.

Anyway.

"VILE MECHON! YOU'LL PAY FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!"

R.O.B.: :confused:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
What would those be exactly?

Edit: Like if he fights Samus and wins he says: "What?!?!?!?! What have the Mechons done to you!?!?!?!" And fighting against Zero Suit Samus: "????!?!?! You can change between Mechon and Homs? What kind of creature are you?"
maybe something like "this was for Feoria!"

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What was the description? I genuinly don't know, but I am really curious now.
Lucas
The younger of twin brothers living in Tazmily Village in the Nowhere Islands. He's a kind boy who can communicate with animals, but he's shy and never really got over the tragedy that struck his mother. He fights a warped dictatorship, hunts the Seven Needles, and crosses swords with his missing brother, Claus. In the end, the young boy with psychic PSI powers grows up.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah, Sakurai kind of ruined Mother 3 with that trophy.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
WHAT

THAT IS TERRIBLE

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Sakurai kind of ruined Mother 3 with that trophy.
sakurai: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai should really put a disclaimer in Smash.

Warning: If you have not played a game fully, do not read any trophy descriptions from that game. You have been warned.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
It's a good thing i'm really close to the end of the game and had figured half of that stuff out already ^^
And has it been confirmed that there'll be interactions between characters?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's a good thing i'm really close to the end of the game and had figured half of that stuff out already ^^
And has it been confirmed that there'll be interactions between characters?
No, that's just a hope of a lot of fan bases.
However, it is plausable, after all, there have been interactions between characters in their respective reveal trailers.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
However, it is plausable, after all, there have been interactions between characters in their respective reveal trailers.
Also, Fox and Falco talked smack to each other in Brawl, so I'd say interactions between different characters is actually quite likely since it would be a returning feature rather than a new one.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It should really go without saying that anything characters do in trailers have no bearing on actual gameplay unless it's actual gameplay footage.

Anything other than gameplay is window dressing.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Also, Fox and Falco talked smack to each other in Brawl, so I'd say interactions between different characters is actually quite likely since it would be a returning feature rather than a new one.
Did they really?
I don't recall that, what were some of their quotes, if you don't mind me asking you, in particular?

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Did they really?
I don't recall that, what were some of their quotes, if you don't mind me asking you, in particular?
Win against Fox with Falco: "You're off your game, Fox!"

Win against Falco with Fox: "Better luck next time Falco"

Aurablade

Smash Cadet
"Our future is not yours to decide" when we defeat any massive antagonist like Bowser or Ganondorf. Would be perfect.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
No post in over an hour? Let's fix that!

How quick of a fighter do you think Shulk will be? Will he have weak attacks with fast startup or slower attacks with greater damage? How heavy do you think he'll be?

BluehunterZero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zero7298
3DS FC
5026-4480-2477

How quick of a fighter do you think Shulk will be? Will he have weak attacks with fast startup or slower attacks with greater damage? How heavy do you think he'll be?
As I've said earlier,i see Shulk as a quick lightweight that can deal a pretty good amount of damage. It stays close to how he plays in the game,but i'm debating whether he'll be power based or combo based.(Probably the ladder)

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
As I've said earlier,i see Shulk as a quick lightweight that can deal a pretty good amount of damage. It stays close to how he plays in the game,but i'm debating whether he'll be power based or combo based.(Probably the ladder)
I could see that working. Other alternatives could be that his movement speed isn't that great, but he makes up for it with great damage. But I would prefer if he is quick, with good damage output, but gets KO'ed easily.

Last edited:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
I imagine Shulk remaining a glass cannon. easy knockback but very hard hitting. I don't know about speed, maybe a little faster than average.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Imagine the interactions between Shulk and Ridley if they're both in. (Or, interactions at Ridley, since I'm assuming Ridley doesn't talk.) "A telethia? But...wait, how?"

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
@ SmashChu SmashChu This thread needs a little more of my in the support list. (I thought I had signed up a long time ago)

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

I think shulk will be more of a speed combo attacker with a few powerful hits in his attacks but focus more on combos then power

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I think that Shulk will be similar to the Fire Emblem crew, in the sense that all of his standard attacks will feature his blade in some fashion.

Also, a good victory quote for him, awkwardly shouting, "How good are we?!" by himself. :p

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I think that Shulk will be similar to the Fire Emblem crew, in the sense that all of his standard attacks will feature his blade in some fashion.
I hope the similarities end there. I want Shulk to have a completely unique moveset.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I hope the similarities end there. I want Shulk to have a completely unique moveset.
I could hammer out a completely unique moveset for him in my sleep, if I wasn't to lazy to do so, even in my sleep. I'm sure the least of our worries is that he'll have a clone-ish moveset.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains

Also, a good victory quote for him, awkwardly shouting, "How good are we?!" by himself. :p
His dash attack will be that he throws Fiora's food at the enemy.

There. Now he is unique. :troll:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I think it's expected that there will be a bit of general swordplay in his standard moves. But I'm hoping they'll incorporate some of his Arts into them, like Air Slash on f-air, whether or not they actually induce any effects. It'd look cool.

Last edited:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
I think maybe some of CoroCoro has been shown finally, but all I see so far though is Little Mac and Rosalina's moveset?

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I think maybe some of CoroCoro has been shown finally, but all I see so far though is Little Mac and Rosalina's moveset?
Certain it's not some of the Famitsu scans from earlier? Like this translation here?

Last edited:

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Well no matter where I look it seems like everyone's just sitting around waiting for the Corocoro leaks to come up...including me...

WAIT HOLD THE PHONE!!!!
I just found this on Miiverse!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Au_mzRFYRY
Miiverse of all places!
Can't tell if it's fake or not o-o

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493