• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You guys think there is ANY chance that goggles will be part of Shulk's default outfit? I know they are not used in most of the official art work, but they are technically the matching head piece to his default gear and they add so much to his design. They make him look like more of a tinkerer (which he is) and further separate him from other characters visually.

Also, Kirby with the Shulk hair and goggles would be amazing. Someone photo shop that!

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
On the topic of when we started supporting Shulk's inclusion in Smash Bros, I'm proud to say I've been supporting him ever since April 6, 2012 when I dumped about 11 hours into Xenoblade after getting it on launch day here in the US. You know, it's funny. When I was supporting Operation Rainfall, I actually had no interest in Xenoblade. I was in it for The Last Story. I only preordered Xenoblade to help boost its chances of being localized. I knew nothing about Xenoblade before popping it into my Wii other than what I could gather from the instruction booklet. Perhaps picking up Xenoblade with no expectations what so ever is part of why I was so blown away by it.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
You guys think there is ANY chance that goggles will be part of Shulk's default outfit? I know they are not used in most of the official art work, but they are technically the matching head piece to his default gear and they add so much to his design. They make him look like more of a tinkerer (which he is) and further separate him from other characters visually.

Also, Kirby with the Shulk hair and goggles would be amazing. Someone photo shop that!
I don't think he will get his goggles in his default costume, since his starting gear in Xenoblade doesn't include them, and because of the artwork. I could totally see them being a part of his alt/s though.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yeah, I agree, but I would love for them to be default. The middle picture on the bottom row is a recolor of his default look... and it includes the goggles. It's a much better look in my opinion.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yeah, I agree, but I would love for them to be default. The middle picture on the bottom row is a recolor of his default look... and it includes the goggles. It's a much better look in my opinion.
Am I the only one who despises the recolor's of his default set? They look so damn ugly in my opinion. At least the goggles stay consistent, which is good.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Am I the only one who despises the recolor's of his default set? They look so damn ugly in my opinion. At least the goggles stay consistent, which is good.
I kind of like the Grey Recolor. I also want to point out that Shulk wears the goggles in the opening of the official trailer. The purple one shown here is pretty mediocre, but I don't hate it. Let me see if I can find the full group of recolors.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I kind of like the Grey Recolor. I also want to point out that Shulk wears the goggles in the opening of the official trailer. The purple one shown here is pretty mediocre, but I don't hate it. Let me see if I can find the full group of recolors.
I actually don't like any of Shulk's armor sets. At least I can mix and match things to make some pretty cool looking armor. One of the many beauties of Xenoblade.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I actually don't like any of Shulk's armor sets. At least I can mix and match things to make some pretty cool looking armor. One of the many beauties of Xenoblade.
Heavy armor looks terrible on everybody, except for Reyn SOMETIMES. Most of Shulk's gear in particular does in fact look like garbage. Almost ALL of Dunban's gear is awesome... which is ironic because most people play him in his boxers.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I feel like I'm the only one who liked how absurd most of the heavy armor looked. It added a bit of a goofy charm to the game in my opinion. :p

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Heavy armor looks terrible on everybody, except for Reyn SOMETIMES. Most of Shulk's gear in particular does in fact look like garbage. Almost ALL of Dunban's gear is awesome... which is iornic because most people play him in his boxers.
Heavy armor on Riki is cute, and some look okay on Sharla imo.

Dunban's rondine is one of my favorites:

This one is just hilariously bad though:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522

Oh come on. How could you not love robotic-unicorn Dunban. :laugh:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

I always thought he looked like a bad Power Rangers villain in that.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Out of curiosity, how would you all react if Shulk is not revealed in the August Direct, meaning we'd have to wait until the game comes out to learn whether or not he's in?
I will be happy that he will be in the game but feel cheated, then I be like why do characters from these big franchises get reveal trailer like Mario and pokemon and not him so much buzz Kill.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I think Melia came out okay with her heavy armor, other than the alien cat princess (top middle). :laugh:

But hey, two out of three ain't bad.
Most of Melia's armor look good. Wish I could say the same for the rest of the cast...

I always thought he looked like a bad Power Rangers villain in that.
I totally see it.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I don't think I can really complain about any of Riki's armor. He's already ridiculous enough of a character that it doesn't really make much of a difference. :laugh:

Er... you sure about Sharla's heavy armor?
Wait a second, does Sharla have a SCOUTER in that top-left set? How am I just now noticing this? :laugh:

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
....some parts of her heavy armor, I should say.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
The top left one is pretty badass to be fair. The scouter is 80% of the reason why, but still.

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I'm the only one who liked how absurd most of the heavy armor looked. It added a bit of a goofy charm to the game in my opinion. :p
Reyn in my game has some pretty ridiculous armour (or he did i forget if i changed it) but i put that set of him just because i thought it looked funny

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't think I can really complain about any of Riki's armor. He's already ridiculous enough of a character that it doesn't really make much of a difference. :laugh:

Wait a second, does Sharla have a SCOUTER in that top-left set? How am I just now noticing this? :laugh:
I love his spike and his ball one. They r rly coot.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Reyn in my game has some pretty ridiculous armour (or he did i forget if i changed it) but i put that set of him just because i thought it looked funny
Let's look at his armor then...
I'm surprised he can actually run as fast as everyone else in top-left one.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
My Reyn has that armor farthest to the left in the middle row, but completely black instead of green and black. Can't remember what it's called though. It looks cool at least.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
The top-right one looks dohvakiin-ish.
It's so silly. Anyway, middle left and Jungle look the best IMO. The heavy armor looks pretty strange.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The top-right one looks dohvakiin-ish.
It's so silly. Anyway, middle left and Jungle look the best IMO. The heavy armor looks pretty strange.
Native American Reyn for Smash.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I hate the armor why do they have to look so ugly, I try to avoid using them the whole game.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'd bet the Volleyball cutscene would look hilarious with durian Riki.
NINTENDO LOGIC.
In that cutscene, Riki basically murders the whole party if he has that armor equipped.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
No one actually answered your question? FOR SHAME.

Well, it's hard to say. Honestly if it was a Nintendo Power Rangers team, I'd have the primary rangers be:

Red - Mario
Yellow - DK
Blue - Samus (Zero Suit)
Green - Link (Position can be filled by Luigi and/or Yoshi if Link is incapacitated.)
Pink - Peach
Captain Falcon Colored - Captain Falcon

Additional Rangers who show up throughout the series: (Here's where I'd fit Shulk in this.)

Emblem Ranger: Marth
Pokemon Ranger (lol): Red
Monado Ranger: Shulk
Palutena's Angels Angel Ranger....ick, better names there can be.: Pit
Kirby, Little Mac, etc. could also appear throughout this series.

...And they can fight K. Rool and Ridley and XENOBLADESPOILERBOSS and Black Shadow and Bowser and...now I really want to see this. Yess....

...Now if we're just making the Xenorangers....

Red: Shulk
White: Melia
Black: Dunban
Blue: Sharla
Orange Reynger: Reyn
Heropon: Riki

And the Seventh Ranger is....obvious.
Seventh Ranger is KOS-MOS. Wouldn't it be:
Red--Shulk
Blue--Melia
Green--Sharla
Orange--Reyn