• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
With my most wanted newcomer disconfirmed, Shulk is currently #1 on my most wanted newcomers list, right before Duck Hunt Dog and Anna.
Fixed that for you. :troll:

My condolences by the way. It's nice that he wasn't completely ignored by Sakurai at least!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Pointless but Fun Mission to do while waiting for Shulk to be revealed:
Ridley's OP in his support thread currently has 80 likes total, you think the Shulk's OP in the thread can get more? O.O

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Ridley's OP in his support thread currently has 80 likes total, you think the Shulk's OP in the thread can get more? O.O
Everyone, get on that OP! Smashchu's alert box is gonna implode.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Before we can do that, the OP's going to need some updating. It doesn't even have our full support list yet.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I noticed earlier today that we had 38 likes! (Including me, of course.) Looks like we've grown one since then!

And 2 while I was posting this, holy balls.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Am I the only one who despises the recolor's of his default set? They look so damn ugly in my opinion. At least the goggles stay consistent, which is good.
Shulk's default armor is actually my favorite for him and I found the recolors to be nicer than most of his other equipment. This is all subjective of course, but I felt almost every character's best looking armor was their default.

In regards to Smash recolors for Shulk, the best one I've seen is the white and gold outfit. Love it.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Shulk's default armor is actually my favorite for him and I found the recolors to be nicer than most of his other equipment. This is all subjective of course, but I felt almost every character's best looking armor was their default.

In regards to Smash recolors for Shulk, the best one I've seen is the white and gold outfit. Love it.
Yeah, defaults always win in my book. If only there were slotted versions of them...

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman

But don't you want Shulk to run into the battlefield wearing the Jungle set?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Yeah, defaults always win in my book. If only there were slotted versions of them...
Ha. Did you guys ever refuse to use an armor set simply because you found it to be ugly, despite it being better than the armor you had on? I feel like I might be in the minority with that one.

Edit: @ zippy3214 zippy3214 Although tempting, I wasn't really a fan

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I owe this thread an apology. Some of you may have heard I made a nasty comment about Shulk fans at the K. Rool thread. I take back what I said, and I'm sorry.

I truly am a Shulk supporter as well, I just got too cynical and spoke out of turn. So no hard feelings right?

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Ha. Did you guys ever refuse to use an armor set simply because you found it to be ugly, despite it being better than the armor you had on? I feel like I might be in the minority with that one.
Yes I have. Luckily, armor doesn't really matter in the late game, it's mostly the slots. So you can mix and match some pretty cool stuff.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Yes I have. Luckily, armor doesn't really matter in the late game, it's mostly the slots. So you can mix and match some pretty cool stuff.
Same here. The only time I took better stats over slots was if it was anti-Mechon weapons, or armor for people I didn't really use.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I owe this thread an apology. Some of you may have heard I made a nasty comment about Shulk fans at the K. Rool thread. I take back what I said, and I'm sorry.

I truly am a Shulk supporter as well, I just got too cynical and spoke out of turn. So no hard feelings right?
I saw your comment in that thread and my first thought was I remember he used to post more often in the Shulk thread. No worries, you apologized and you can't do anything better than that.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522

Once a Bronado, always a Bronado. :)

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

It's fine. Apology accepted. Once a bronado, always a bronado.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793

It's fine, it's fine. Once a bronado, always a banado

Wait . . .

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Alright, back to armor looks, how many armor sets do you think will be in Xenoblade X? And how many recolors (I'm hoping for only like 1 or 2). Any armor sets as a throwback to Xenoblade Chronicles?

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann

No hard feelings. Always a bronado, once a bronado.

wait.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Alright, back to armor looks, how many armor sets do you think will be in Xenoblade X? And how many recolors (I'm hoping for only like 1 or 2). Any armor sets as a throwback to Xenoblade Chronicles?
I believe XCX has a different character designer, so I'd say we probably won't be seeing as many "out there" armor designs as we saw in Xenoblade (as much as it pains me).

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman

Except for Melia in Sleek Oil armor of course, right?

And I am in total agreement on the white and gold outfit. And not only because I like to sit back while watching someone play a game I've already completed and giggle like an idiot as I misguide them with hints to the plot that they don't realize.
Oh yeah, definitely. All the time. That's probably part of the reason why my first playthrough was so much harder than it needed to be. (Well that, and I refused to do sidequests. And also didn't know how to skill link properly. And was really crappy at arranging arts. And-well, I'm better at the game now.)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Well, in your defense, this place did kinda get out of hand for a week or three.

(Once a Bronado, always a Bronado.)

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Well, in your defense, this place did kinda get out of hand for a week or three.
We should really stop mentioning this. What's done is done, and it only brings negativity at this point.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
We should really stop mentioning this. What's done is done, and it only brings negativity at this point.
We got a lot of usable gifs out of it, so I wouldn't change it for the world.

ANYWAY. Does anyone have a list of that actual names of the armor sets in Xenoblade? I never know what to refer to them as.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Completely true. Now we managed to become one of the friendliest threads around + we have good, on-topic discussion all the time so I'm really happy.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Completely true. Now we managed to become one of the friendliest threads around + we have good, on-topic discussion all the time so I'm really happy.
We were always a pretty positive bunch, honestly. The game kind of lends itself to having that sort of positive out look. It's very much a band of brothers type of game, you could see how there could be possible infighting with your party members but everyone is really watching out for each other.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman

ANYWAY. Does anyone have a list of that actual names of the armor sets in Xenoblade? I never know what to refer to them as.
Boomshakkalakka. (Er, if you couldn't tell, click on different parts of that for different lists. That is, if the code even works right and I'm not making myself look like a gogol that was dropped on its head as a child.)

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I really hope Lucas makes it back in. I noticed a lot of cross over between Mother fans and Xenoblade fans. Maybe it's jut because we are a bunch of JRPG hipsters.
It's 'cause we have good taste and love an amazing soundtrack. :p

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I really, really liked Shulk's Makna set and all of the recolors. I liked it so much that I had it on him for most of the game. Probably the only alternate costume I want so badly to be in Smash. Something about a forest hunter wielding a beamsword just looks great.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
That FACT is subjective. :troll:
It was a joke though... Which is why I used "objectively" and "fact".

Edit: The troll face appeared after I wrote this, IGNORE ME!

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Not sure if anyone has brought it up here yet, but I think it's worth mentioning that every first/second party newcomer thus far has either come to or risen in prominence during the Wii/DS/Wii U/3DS era. Villager, while introduced with Animal Forest and Animal Crossing, certainly only rose in popularity with Wild World; City Folk; and New Leaf. Wii Fit Trainer I don't need to say anything on. Rosalina is of course representing Super Mario Galaxy, one of the most successful duologies of games in Nintendo's history, and seems to be rising in significance if 3D World is any indication. Little Mac received a popular revival just one year after Brawl's release. Greninja's the final evolved form of Gen VI's most popular starter line. Miis, well, see Wii Fit Trainer. Palutena's received a surge in popularity thanks to Kid Icarus Uprising. Robin and Lucina are two members of the trio of protagonists of the most popular Fire Emblem title to date. I think this trend speaks very well for Shulk's chances thus far.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Uh, I just thought of something. The Monado is a two handed weapon, so how is Shulk going to grab item? Also, what's going to happen when he grabs a beam sword?

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Uh, I just thought of something. The Monado is a two handed weapon, so how is Shulk going to grab item? Also, what's going to happen when he grabs a beam sword?
Shulk deconfirmed.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I think the Monado is primarily a two handed weapon, but there are several points where Shulk only uses one hand. Besides, Ragnell (Ike's weapon) is a two handed sword, and Robin actually carries two separate items at the same time. It wouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom