• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
OK, so Monday thru Friday I'm gonna be on vacation. I expect a good 50 pages when I get back, guys. I expect to waste 2 hours of my life catching up. Come on guys, we can do it!

As a little incentitive, I'm gonna leave you all with this. See you on Saturday! (Though I'll probably be posting on Sunday.)

This deserves to be re-posted.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Not sure if a Murasame release means a character unveiling is imminent, plenty of times people have gone "[game] is getting released on [date], we might get [character] then!" Then it doesn't happen and everyone gets sad.

Though I still think Shulk vs. Takamaru is something I'd love to see. And they're both characters I'd like to see in Smash.
Well, the thing that's so notable about this is that the game has already been released on Virtual Console in Japan and, recently, Europe and not NA. They seem to have purposefully pushed this NA release off until now. Very suspicious, isn't it?

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Shulk vs Takamaru, with Meta Knight revealed too? I'd pay for that. Or not.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's now very possible that Takamaru is going to be revealed in August. (the Mysterious Murasame Castle is coming to the US for the first time!!)

Dual reveal? Classical swordsman meets futuristic swordsman? :D
Do we have credible evidence for Takamaru? (Leaks or anything I mean.) Because if we got Takamaru and Shulk, I don't even care anymore. I'm good. Forever. Oh man, the moist levels are rising just visualizing that matchup.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Do we have credible evidence for Takamaru? (Leaks or anything I mean.) Because if we got Takamaru and Shulk, I don't even care anymore. I'm good. Forever. Oh man, the moist levels are rising just visualizing that matchup.
Dittson-is-best-pokeman.gif

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
They've never had two newcomers from different series revealed in the same trailer, so I doubt they do it now. Plus Takamaru strikes me as a secret character since very few people know who he is.
Remember when Sakurai said that they're at the bottom of the barrel in regards to videos? What if they saved videos with multiple newcomers for last?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
No leaks, but Sakurai has stated that he was going to "try his best" to "bring back old characters in Smash Bros." when asked about what series he'd like to revive next after Kid Icarus: Uprising. That, combined with the fishy delay of the NA release is making me very suspicious.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
"Give it some OOMPH!"
I've been looking for a good laugh. After seeing this back when it was first posted here, I thought "YEAH, THAT'LL SORT IT NICELY."

Best thing on YouTube. I made the mistake of watching it in public. Getting weird stares trying not to laugh. Then ALLEZ-HOP! and I lost it.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I've been looking for a good laugh. After seeing this back when it was first posted here, I thought "YEAH, THAT'LL SORT IT NICELY."

Best thing on YouTube. I made the mistake of watching it in public. Getting weird stares trying not to laugh. Then ALLEZ-HOP! and I lost it.
I literally started to cry when he said "CAN'T HAVE A RAINBOW WITHOUT REYN BABY!" and then it got worse when the OOMPH thing happened.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No leaks, but Sakurai has stated that he was going to "try his best" to "bring back old characters in Smash Bros." when asked about what series he'd like to revive next after Kid Icarus: Uprising. That, combined with the fishy delay of the NA release is making me very suspicious.
Well, looks like hope is back on the menu, boys. (For me, anyway.)

Starting to hope that one leak (from Gamefaqs, so it's crap, but still) with Dixie, (Mewtwo?), Takamaru, Marshal and Shulk is legit.

Pls.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Starting to hope that one leak (from Gamefaqs, so it's crap, but still) with Dixie, (Mewtwo?), Takamaru, Marshal and Shulk is legit.

Pls.
I would like everyone of those except Dixie. Bleh.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann

Pls.
Didn't certain characters from Brawl get leaked on Gamefaqs? Pipe Burst rumored character list does seem probable. My only problem with the leak is Ridley, K Rool, and Mewtwo being bosses you can only control via the gamepad. I doubt Sakurai would make three of the most highly requested characters (besides Shulk, teehee) into bosses unless he wants a mob of nerds rushing into his office.

Unless of course they're dlc :troll:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman

The "ALLEZ-HOP" is like Metal Face.
You know, it kills.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Didn't certain characters from Brawl get leaked on Gamefaqs? Pipe Burst rumored character list does seem probable. My only problem with the leak is Ridley, K Rool, and Mewtwo being bosses you can only control via the gamepad. I doubt Sakurai would make three of the most highly requested characters (besides Shulk, teehee) into bosses unless he wants a mob of nerds rushing into his office.

Unless of course they're dlc :troll:
I just don't see why Sakurai would make Mewtwo a stage boss, when he knows (he was asked at E3 2013 and said "we're thinking about it") people want him. Just seems like a kick in the ****, when he's clearly trying to do his best to make unique newcomers AND make everyone happy.

Was this the same leak as with Shulk, Takamaru, Marshal, etc.? If so, I'd be so incredibly disappointed, and yet so hyped. Weird. Still, I dunno...

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I just don't see why Sakurai would make Mewtwo a stage boss, when he knows (he was asked at E3 2013 and said "we're thinking about it") people want him. Just seems like a kick in the ****, when he's clearly trying to do his best to make unique newcomers AND make everyone happy.

Was this the same leak as with Shulk, Takamaru, Marshal, etc.? If so, I'd be so incredibly disappointed, and yet so hyped. Weird. Still, I dunno...
Shulk as stage boss confirmed.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
We need Dittson playable as the Xenorep, not enough blobs of goop.
Would buy 10 copies. It would be hilarious if someone from Nintendo lurks this thread and decides to include him as an easteregg on a stage. Like Sakurais cat.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
We need Dittson playable as the Xenorep, not enough blobs of goop.
Too many sword users, we need Juju's buggy as a playable character.
u geis r boph rong tey're 2 manee sentyent carrecter teir4 wiineed mekkon coz dey not setiyent
It was painful typing that sentence...
...though you know what I actually wouldn't mind Metal Face/Mumkhar getting in, his design is awesome tbh and we'd have more villains

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
u geis r boph rong tey're 2 manee sentyent carrecter teir4 wiineed mekkon coz dey not setiyent
...though you know what I actually wouldn't mind Metal Face/Mumkhar getting in, his design is awesome tbh and we'd have more villains
Yes, that would be awesome. I actually would really like Durkson too.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Mumkhar would be a really interesting design with his claws. His final smash could be getting in Metal Face to obliterate everyone.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
As exciting as this sounds, I'm not putting any more hope into leaks. Unless they're from the man himself, I'm not buying it... I've been hurt too many times. I'm damaged goods. ;_;

... Also, no Dixie pls. Sorry not sorry.

Mumkhar

Smash Rookie
Mumkhar would be a really interesting design with his claws. His final smash could be getting in Metal Face to obliterate everyone.
I like where this thread is going.

#Mumkhar5Smash
#ShulkisSmash'sMelia

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
As exciting as this sounds, I'm not putting any more hope into leaks. Unless they're from the man himself, I'm not buying it... I've been hurt too many times. I'm damaged goods. ;_;

... Also, no Dixie pls. Sorry not sorry.
am I the only one who doesn't mind Dixie...But out of all the info from that leak the only I can really see being true (besides Shulk, teehee) is Mii Fighters being placed on the top of the screen since they're not playable online. I'm still sticking with my past prediction that out final newcomers are a DK rep, a RH rep, Ridley and Shulk. But who knows maybe Sakurai will surprise me and put Takamaru, Bandana Dee or Duckson In the game.

Melia

Smash Cadet
I like where this thread is going.

#Mumkhar5Smash
#ShulkisSmash'sMelia
You could of said #ShulkisSmash'sPunchingBag.
You could have said #ShulkisSmash'sSamdbag.
You could have said #ShulkisSmash'sMetalFace:HeAlwaysGetsBeatenUp.
All the things you could have said but didn't.

And now I have to kill you. Mind Blast!

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Shulk vs Takamaru, with Meta Knight revealed too? I'd pay for that. Or not.
I wouldn't pay for tha-I'd probably pay for that.
>Credible evidence
>Leaks
Pick one

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
so did they say anything intresting about smash today did not get to watch

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
am I the only one who doesn't mind Dixie...But out of all the info from that leak the only I can really see being true (besides Shulk, teehee) is Mii Fighters being placed on the top of the screen since they're not playable online. I'm still sticking with my past prediction that out final newcomers are a DK rep, a RH rep, Ridley and Shulk. But who knows maybe Sakurai will surprise me and put Takamaru, Bandana Dee or Duckson In the game.
I don't hate Dixie but just like Daisy I don't see her being unique just a clone of another character, I think the Mii fighters are on top because they don't count as a full character, and what up with people wanting Bandana Dee for what does he do to he just look like a waddle dee with a bandana on.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I don't hate Dixie but just like Daisy I don't see her being unique just a clone of another character, I think the Mii fighters are on top because they don't count as a full character, and what up with people wanting Bandana Dee for what does he do to he just look like a waddle dee with a bandana on.
I was wondering about Bandana Dee as well, but then someone mentioned that he's a spear using character, so I guess that's why.

Mumkhar

Smash Rookie
You could of said #ShulkisSmash'sPunchingBag.
You could have said #ShulkisSmash'sSamdbag.
You could have said #ShulkisSmash'sMetalFace:HeAlwaysGetsBeatenUp.
All the things you could have said but didn't.

And now I have to kill you. Mind Blast!
You keep using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean. Just shoutin' Mind Blast through this here online forum does not make me more dead.

I found this far more amusing than I should have...
HAH! So, that's what the little beast is good for!

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
so did they say anything intresting about smash today did not get to watch
They're releasing Takamaru's game in NA and played it on the showfloor, even mentioning Takamaru by name. Everyone's going crazy about it. Other than that, nothing really Smash related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom