• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
First, another xenoblade arrangement - music box main theme!
http://nicoviewer.net/sm20561527
Last version is Air Slash. Maybe.
What would Standard B be? Monado Buster, Back Slash, what else?
Well, I just really can't see monado buster as a non-final smash attack. It's just too big [insert ridley joke]

I may be a little biased because of the time I spent on that Shulk's brawl mod moveset, but I like the idea of monado purge being B. It's Shulk's most ranged attack, so it just kind of makes sense.

Back Slash and other physical arts would make more sense as smash attacks imo.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
First, another xenoblade arrangement - music box main theme!
http://nicoviewer.net/sm20561527
Well, I just really can't see monado buster as a non-final smash attack. It's just too big [insert ridley joke]

I may be a little biased because of the time I spent on that Shulk's brawl mod moveset, but I like the idea of monado purge being B. It's Shulk's most ranged attack, so it just kind of makes sense.

Back Slash and other physical arts would make more sense as smash attacks imo.
The thing is, you use the Monado Arts way too much in normal gameplay for it to be considered a Limit Break-esque attack. It's something that you build up toward, but not really anything special. Buster would just have to be heavily charged to be used. I was thinkin' something a bit more big (read: Ridley) would be his Final Smash. Like a Chain Attack, a mode where he auto-dodges everything due to VisionHax(TM), or, y'know, the very very spoileriffic thing that he gets New Game Plus. That's what I've always viewed his Final Smash to be. I mean, in a match without the Smash Ball, it would kinda be depressing not to see Sulk's "signature move" useable.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
For me, Monado Buster just seems like a really bland FS. Monado Buster's awesome, but definitely the most basic Monado Art. It's a bigger slash attack. I feel like that wouldn't be doing any justice to the Monado's uniqueness. A few times in the thread the idea of Shulk having a talent gauge for Monado Arts similar to Little Mac's meter has been brought up, and I absolutely love that idea and hope they go for that.
For a Final Smash, I feel like that'd really be the only way to incorporate visions into Shulk's moveset. Other than his eyes glowing blue when dodging, but that's cosmetic.

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
The thing is, you use the Monado Arts way too much in normal gameplay for it to be considered a Limit Break-esque attack. It's something that you build up toward, but not really anything special. Buster would just have to be heavily charged to be used. I was thinkin' something a bit more big (read: Ridley) would be his Final Smash. Like a Chain Attack, a mode where he auto-dodges everything due to VisionHax(TM), or, y'know, the very very spoileriffic thing that he gets New Game Plus. That's what I've always viewed his Final Smash to be. I mean, in a match without the Smash Ball, it would kinda be depressing not to see Sulk's "signature move" useable.
Or heropon volley ball

Melia

Smash Cadet
We need a reyn RPer a riki RPer and a captain falcon RPer
I believe that all of the aforementioned usernames are currently in use, so unless anyone wishes to track down said users, we will be without a Reyn, Riki, and Captain Falcon.
But you still have me!

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Are the Role-players gone?

In which case,What track from the Xenoblade OST do you think they'll play during Shulk's reveal trailer?
Probably You Will Know Our Names. I would love to see them use Engage The Enemy, with Shulk screaming Fiora after she gets assaulted by an army of R.O.B.s, to which he then beckons revenge on them and draws the Monado on them all.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice

In which case,What track from the Xenoblade OST do you think they'll play during Shulk's reveal trailer?
Some fighters, maybe new veterans, fighting Metal Face to "Crisis." Suddenly,a flash of blue and Shulk Envisions Victory. "You will know our names" plays as Shulk uses a Monado Buster on Metal Face. Predictably, the attack bounces off of the Face Armor, and all seems lost until:
"Final Cross!"
Metal Face stumbles backwards as Shulk turns around.

Fiora Grinds Down! (Engage "Engage the Enemy")

D

Deleted member

It's easily going to be You Will Know Our Names. It's practically the perfect track for a Shulk reveal; it's iconic, blood pumping, and very hype inducing.
Mechanical Rhythm is also a good song for a Shulk reveal.

Melia

Smash Cadet
Some fighters, maybe new veterans, fighting Metal Face to "Crisis." Suddenly,a flash of blue and Shulk Envisions Victory. "You will know our names" plays as Shulk uses a Monado Buster on Metal Face. Predictably, the attack bounces off of the Face Armor, and all seems lost until:
"Mind Blast!"
Metal Face stumbles backwards as Shulk turns around.

Melia Feels the Ether!!! (Engage "Engage the Enemy")
I fixed it for you:p

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
We didn't lose our sanity, we just performed very dark deeds that shall not be mentioned.
...Yep. You've all lost it.

What is it with all the threads that get so caught up in hype that they end up becoming madhouses?

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
...Yep. You've all lost it.

What is it with all the threads that get so caught up in hype that they end up becoming madhouses?
I'm just happy to be among a large group of people who all share an interest with me that I don't normally get to have a proper discussion with others about.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yeah, I will admit. Their sanity is gone.
You can tell when they start making pathetic and weak accounts like @ Melia Melia , @Fiora or even @Mysterious Face. (Disregard the Metal Face typing this post)
Well, I suppose all the weird stuff and role playing that goes on in this thread is a sign of devotion to the character and series in question. Such things couldn't exist without a devoted community to make it possible.

By the way, do you say "weak and pathetic" in every post you make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom