• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Trying so desperately to come up with movesets or Assist Trophy ideas before the thread is destroyed...I'll return! Until then

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Okay, guys, could we put some breaks on the RP train? This is another thing we're going to have to save for the subforum. Let's try not to get the infraction hammer lowered on us.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I asked about customizable moveset variations earlier, but everybody completely ignored the Heropon. :(
I can't think of a customizable moveset for him, unless he borrows arts from other characters, or they make it simple and have some hit harder or reach further.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

Who’s that boy, want to be amigo?
Mumkharlito! Mumkharlito!
Who’s the boy I’ll never let go?
Who’s the boy? Come and dance, amigo!
Who’s that boy? Take a chance on me now - we want you so!

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I had an idea for custom monado purge. One version is the crescent like when you use it in the game, another is the large blast of ether like you see in the cutscenes, and idk for the last version you could just do a faster but less powerful version.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I had an idea for custom monado purge. One version is the crescent like when you use it in the game, another is the large blast of ether like you see in the cutscenes, and idk for the last version you could just do a faster but less powerful version.
Yeah, I noticed that. Like during the Telethia boss, Shulk becomes a ghost buster and Purges the life out of it. I like the sound of that idea.

Mumkhar

Smash Rookie

Who’s that boy, want to be amigo?
Who’s the boy I’ll never let go?
Who’s the boy? Come and dance, amigo!
Who’s that boy? Take a chance on me now - we want you so!
...No.

Anyhow, any of you lot figure that there will be assist trophies that aren't the "heroes"? Like a bunnit or somethin' or nother.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Last version is Air Slash. Maybe.
What would Standard B be? Monado Buster, Back Slash, what else?

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
...No.

Anyhow, any of you lot figure that there will be assist trophies that aren't the "heroes"? Like a bunnit or somethin' or nother.
Everyone says Metal Face should be a stage hazard, but I feel like he'd make a good Assist too. You summon him and he comes in with a dangling mobile artillery. He slams it on the ground and a puff of smoke appears. He emerges from a random direction and aims for a random player that's not the summoner, and claws them.
Y'know, like a hot knife through butter!

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
...No.

The Bionis and Mechonis.
They come out on both sides of the stage and just start fighting each other, the attacks cause shock-waves that hurts everyone.
...Pretty sure nobody's said anything like that yet.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
I asked about customizable moveset variations earlier, but everybody completely ignored the Heropon. :(
Let's assume that shulk' s up B is Monado cyclone. Default version has decent recovery and decent knockback. One custom version has great recovery but poor knockback. Final custom version has poor recovery but great knockback.

Another cool thing could be if all of Shulk' s arts were specials and you could choose which you wanted through custom movesets. Sort of like how you can choose his arts in the actual game.

As for RPers, I still think if we can figure out who they are, they'll stop. @ erico9001 erico9001 is Fiora, I call it!

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
The Bionis and Mechonis.
They come out on both sides of the stage and just start fighting each other, the attacks cause shock-waves that hurts everyone.
...Pretty sure nobody's said anything like that yet.
I was thinking about having Bionis as an assist trophy, but couldn't think of a good way to have it work. That's actually a decent idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom