• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTrain

Official Terminator Train
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
Ehhhhhh...
Fiora would be a cool addition, but I'll admit, I'm really not her biggest fan. Plus, I do care about spoilers for the people who haven't played Xenoblade yet, even though I'm sure Sakurai will find a way to spoil a good majority of Xenoblade in Smash for everyone. :b Although really, as much as I love Melia, Fiora probably would be the best option. Le sigh.
Reyn time?

Last edited:

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
I've been avoiding this thread like the plague because I'm still playing through Xenoblade and I don't want to be spoiled (SPOILER DOE: Just killed Mumkhar, screw that guy). But I've been thinking about Shulk's final smash and basically think it would be one of three things.

Most Likely: Monado Buster
Less Likely: Chain Attack (hopefully with the Heropon!)
Least Likely: A vision. Now hear me out, when Shulk uses it, everyone would get to move around for 3-5 seconds. After that period of time, they are then locked into those movements when it goes back to the "present" and Shulk can punish everyone.

Finkrat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Finkrat3932
Hades is here? He's here to support his lover Shulk! But I will admit, he definitely nailed it.

Last edited:

Finkrat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Finkrat3932
Poor Melia. That scene in Mechonis Core punched me right in the feels.

You all know the one.
That, and the one after in Colony 6 hurt almost as much. I hope Sakurai gives her some justice after what she went through.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I've been avoiding this thread like the plague because I'm still playing through Xenoblade and I don't want to be spoiled (SPOILER DOE: Just killed Mumkhar, screw that guy). But I've been thinking about Shulk's final smash and basically think it would be one of three things.

Least Likely: A vision. Now hear me out, when Shulk uses it, everyone would get to move around for 3-5 seconds. After that period of time, they are then locked into those movements when it goes back to the "present" and Shulk can punish everyone.
I'd KILL for the Vision. I feel like the Chain Attack would be too similar to Robin's.

... But I still also wanna see a clone of the Villager's Final Smash in which Shulk rebuilds Colony 6. Wouldn't diminish his character, right? Didn't think so. :p

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I've been avoiding this thread like the plague because I'm still playing through Xenoblade and I don't want to be spoiled
(SPOILER DOE: Just killed Mumkhar, screw that guy)
. But I've been thinking about Shulk's final smash and basically think it would be one of three things.

That reeeeeeaaaallllllly belongs in a spoiler tag. That's massively spoilery. Not the biggest plot twist, but it's up there.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
That, and the one after in Colony 6 hurt almost as much. I hope Sakurai gives her some justice after what she went through.
Melia will get in as an Assist Trophy...
She'll show up and shout "Star searing flames-" before being cut off by mechon-Fiora, who comes into the stage to shoot a giant laser blade and kiss the currently winning character. Melia remains in the background, disappointed.

Last edited:

Hype Train

Woolly World hype!!
NNID
YesMann
3DS FC
0860-3788-1263
So like, am I the only who thought Melia was a pushover or what? She should have been way more assertive, in my opinion, but I guess her incredible tenacity is partly why you guys like her so much. Thing is, that tenacity is also why so much bad stuff happens to her, so it's kind of hard for me to be too sympathetic towards her and her story.

Really, that's probably why I prefer Fiora. It felt like she tried harder to make things happen. Melia sort of gave up a lot, from my perspective. Still, she kept a high spirit throughout the story, gotta give her credit for that.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
For people who says Shulk and Robin Look a Like Here...

Even with Shulk hair they don't look a like.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I still think colony 6 during the mechon attack would be a cool stage and have mechon fly in as hazards

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
They honestly look nothing alike.

Besides that, Sakurai would NEVER make Robin's appearance a reason for excluding someone as different as Shulk, even if he somehow doesn't make it.

People be butthurt over Corn tho.

Also guys, on the off-chance Shulk doesn't make it, lets make a vow to just remember the good times, and enjoy the game anyway.

Nothing will sever these bonds!

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not so much longer until 200 pages, guys!
How many supporters do we have at this point?
Almost 350?
Man we've come so far.
Almost puts a tear right in my eye.
(Que the Jontron Video)

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I would like to see Valak mountain in if we get more that one stage( sorry only got a night time pic.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I AT LEAST want Valak (Night) as a music track. So beautiful.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I AT LEAST want Valak (Night) as a music track. So beautiful.
It seems, to me, that all the tracks in the game, with the exception of Gaur Valley, are better at night.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
It seems, to me, that all the tracks in the game, with the exception of Gaur Valley, are better at night.
Dunno about that. The mood completely changes at night.
Gaur Plains day: Exciting, Hyrule fields-ish.
Gaur Plains night: cool, calm, night exploration.

Satorl Marsh day: mysterious fog, unknown.
Satorl Marsh night: luminescent beauty and breathtaking view.

Valak Mountain day: Majestic view, cold, ice
Valak Mountain night: lonely mountain.

This is just my opinion on what they represent. They're all equally good in their own way.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I would like to see Valak mountain in if we get more that one stage( sorry only got a night time pic.)
Oh wow is that taken from dolphin with the hd retexture? Really nice shot, regardless.

So like, am I the only who thought Melia was a pushover or what? She should have been way more assertive, in my opinion, but I guess her incredible tenacity is partly why you guys like her so much. Thing is, that tenacity is also why so much bad stuff happens to her, so it's kind of hard for me to be too sympathetic towards her and her story.

Really, that's probably why I prefer Fiora. It felt like she tried harder to make things happen. Melia sort of gave up a lot, from my perspective. Still, she kept a high spirit throughout the story, gotta give her credit for that.
I can relate to Melia because I have a pretty nonassertive personality type myself. I'm nonassertive because I seek to avoid conflicts and feel like it's best if I think a lot about what I say through before I say it. I'm also shy, but this is mostly due to being an introvert than being self-conscious. It's not something that can be easily changed, nor would I want to change it.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So are Xenoblade and Rhythm Heaven the only two first-party series that debuted post-Brawl (internationally anyway) that are notable that are yet to be included in Smash Bros, or am I forgetting something?

Edit: I didn't mean to derail that conversation, just trying to get my facts straight.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
And I also Like Eryth Sea (shulk is the pic man it hard to pics of this place that don't look bad)

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So are Xenoblade and Rhythm Heaven the only two first-party series that debuted post-Brawl (internationally anyway) that are notable that are yet to be included in Smash Bros, or am I forgetting something?

Edit: I didn't mean to derail that conversation, just trying to get my facts straight.
The Wonderful 101 is a Nintendo IP.
As well as Pandora's Tower and The Last Story.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Oh wow is that taken from dolphin with the hd retexture? Really nice shot, regardless.
I don't think it is, you can get it from Xenoblade wiki maybe I get one with the character in the pic next time.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

well we know one of the enemy from rhyme fever is in smash run in the EA trailer you see it for a spit second so a character from that game is higher now that we know that if we see a mechon as a trophy or a enemy or anything from Xenoblade that only increases his chances even more then before

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The Wonderful 101 is a Nintendo IP.
As well as Pandora's Tower and The Last Story.
Hmm. Well, we know W101 isn't getting a rep (sadly). Are the other two as notable as something like Xenoblade or RH? I heard those two pretty much rode the Xenotrain with Op Rainfall.

I'm just doing a bit of thinking as to what Sakurai could possibly choose instead of those two.

Seems unlikely right now, but he's unpredictable. Stay focused, stay sharp!

@ Sheddy Sheddy That's a good point. An RH rep is basically a guarantee...

Man, that "Mechon Trophy" rumor is as elusive as Chunky Kong's AT. Although if we saw something like that, it'd be a MUCH bigger give away than anything from RH given its diverse cast of potential PCs.

I get the feeling Sakurai is hiding all the Xenoblade goodies for a special occasion. Or so I hope anyway.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Hmm. Well, we know W101 isn't getting a rep (sadly). Are the other two as notable as something like Xenoblade or RH? I heard those two pretty much rode the Xenotrain with Op Rainfall.

I'm just doing a bit of thinking as to what Sakurai could possibly choose instead of those two.

Seems unlikely right now, but he's unpredictable. Stay focused, stay sharp!
well I think Advance War was first don't remember if they were first or 2nd party

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
well I think Advance War was first don't remember if they were first or 2nd party
Advance Wars is done by Intelligent Systems, so that series would be in the same boat as Fire Emblem, if that helps. (I hope it does anyway, go Andy!) :p

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Advance Wars is first... what? Advance Wars has been around since the GBA, and the Wars series period has been around since Famicon. Its best just to call the whole series "Advance Wars," though, because in the west its always been Advance Wars.

Either way, the franchise is a Nintendo first-party and has been around since the first console. Its the longest-running franchise in Nintendo history to not yet have anything higher than an Assist Trophy. At the same time the franchises' sales haven't been the best...

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
There is no reason Shulk shouldn't be in the game, they can make a great move set and it can help xenoblade chronicles X. I don't think Nintendo would make the same mistake twice.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
There is no reason Shulk shouldn't be in the game, they can make a great move set and it can help xenoblade chronicles X. I don't think Nintendo would make the same mistake twice.
You're right. It's just in my nature to cover all the bases in my mind!

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Yeah, really, I'm trying to figure out what "mistake" was made?
Making a limited amount of copies of Xenoblade, then it sold out in a week and people had to wait buy it used, and lack of advertisement, and you can only get the game at gamestop.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Agreed. Unless Nintendo is ****ing stupid about it, XCX won't be relegated to GameStop...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
.....Nintendo knows that Xenoblade Chronicles is one of their biggest, successful, newest IP since a long time.

Why do you guys think they made Xenoblade Chronicles X?

They released limited copies of Xenoblade Chronicles because they were not sure how the game would do in America and we know how Nintendo hates to take a gamble (think of the Earthbound Virtual Console Fiasco).

Nintendo would be blind if they don't think Xenoblade Chronicles was/is a huge success, I mean, if they didn't why are they making the "suppose sequel" to the game? (I say supposed because there is more information I need to know about the game before making the judgement)

Nintendo hates trying to secure studios without a sure plan it will work, but they did that with Monolith Soft. Do you guys honestly think they would waste an opportunity to market free advertising for Monolith Soft games, since they own them, in Super Smash Brothers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom