• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
...Please don't discuss Rare when I'm around! Especially not HERE! :sadsheep:

As a side note, Shulk's detractors are silly. Please get in the game so I can wreck some of their faces with you, Shulk!

"I'll show you a generic sword!"

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Pokemon exploded within those 3 years though, everybody knew it was a "smash." *ba dum psssh* Bad jokes aside, I don't think its too new, its a blossoming franchise that rightfully deserves its place if Nintendo is willing to include it. Just makes me cry knowing Rare never was represented like they should have been.
Xenoblade didn't sale as much because Nintendo only made an limited amount of copes it sold out everywhere in the first week. It Nintendo's fault it didn't sale as much, many people had to get it used. And Rare is with microsoft now they will never get represented in this game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So when if Shulk gets in, 100% that'll be it for Xenoblade characters BUT if you could choose one more who would it be? for me it would be...

Fiora in her mechon form later in the game. It would be another female and she would be unique. I'd imagine her playing a lot like Nu 12 from BlazBlue. C'mon Sakurai, Smash needs more robot girls, who cares about spoilers!?!? it's never going to happen...
If Shulk gets in, he is basically a shoo-in for every Smash game since he would be the Marth of Xenoblade.
As for my choice, I go with Reyn purely for Reyn time! My second pic would actually be Riki since he would have a pretty diverse moveset with his debuffs. Also, the Heropon is very cool!

Xenoblade didn't sale as much because Nintendo only made an limited amount of copes it sold out everywhere in the first week. It Nintendo's fault it didn't sale as much, many people had to get it used.
They better learn their mistakes for Xenoblade Chronicles: X. I bet that Xenoblade would have reached over 1 million sales if the game was sold in every retail store and the copies weren't limited. Hopefully they give this game better promotion...

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
If I'm not mistaken wasn't Pokemon released in America in 1998?
And on the Rare character please don't bring it up, makes me cringe at the possible uniqueness Banjo could have had, and Joanna, and Conker.
No RareWare characters were alike in appearances or personality.
Yes it was but released in Japan in '96. The anime and game came to the US at about the same time if I remember correctly but didn't mean Nintendo wasn't catering to Japan instead, (IE Jigglypuff's inclusion.)

Noted on the RW

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
And Rare is with microsoft now they will never get represented in this game.
I think that's what he meant. He was saying it was a shame that Rare didn't get represented well prior to their being sold.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Xenoblade didn't sale as much because Nintendo only an limited amount of copes it sold out everywhere in the first week. It Nintendo's fault it didn't sale as much, many people had to get it used.
I think this is the worst reason for people to be against Shulk I have seen and I've seen alot of reasons.
And Rare is with Microsoft now they will never get represented in this game.

I'm so sorry.
But I think he knew that already and was just saying that he wished they had when Nintendo owned them.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
So when if Shulk gets in, 100% that'll be it for Xenoblade characters BUT if you could choose one more who would it be? for me it would be...

Fiora in her mechon form later in the game. It would be another female and she would be unique. I'd imagine her playing a lot like Nu 12 from BlazBlue. C'mon Sakurai, Smash needs more robot girls, who cares about spoilers!?!? it's never going to happen...
Ehhhhhh...
Fiora would be a cool addition, but I'll admit, I'm really not her biggest fan. Plus, I do care about spoilers for the people who haven't played Xenoblade yet, even though I'm sure Sakurai will find a way to spoil a good majority of Xenoblade in Smash for everyone. :b Although really, as much as I love Melia, Fiora probably would be the best option. Le sigh.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I wonde how the other threads see us lol

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'll accept Riki or Seven or Melia as a second rep. They're just the best choices!

I'm going to say this once because I don't want to kill the mood, but @ Kikkipoptart12 Kikkipoptart12 , we all understand about Rare. Don't keep repeating to turn the knife deeper in my scars.

I'll never forgive those mother****ers.

But anyway, "sales" should not be a count against Xenoblade. Look at Fire Emblem and Mother.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I wonde how the other threads see us lol

Along those lines probably.

I love my ability to find gifs for nearly everything.

Anyway, I'd choose:
Mechon Fiora. Customization options to change her frame, good moveset. Yeah, she'd have my vote.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
what would that make ridely and KKR then the drunk uncle?
No offense to either of these threads when I post this as I support both.
Ridley: the aunt in Denial
K. Rool: the drunk uncle who sings the same song over and over again...(one of us.)

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
K. Rool: the drunk uncle who sings the same song over and over again...(one of us.)
and mewtwo's thread are the old man refusing to accept change XD

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Shulk: Annoying, but lovable cousin the others are forced to spend time with.
Ridley: Alcoholic uncle, constantly going on drunken tirades at the dinner table.
KKR: The oft-mentioned but rarely seen in-law.
Mewtwo: The pet that went missing years ago. The family is optimistic in spite of the insurmountable odds...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
With the copies of the game that were shipped to Gamestop last Black Friday, Xenoblade almost definitely sold over 900k, which isn't bad at all for a new IP.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
They're that one guy that tries to get into the party (Smash) but the host (Sakurai) kicks them out. Everytime. I'm sorry Ridley/K Rool fans...

Ehhhhhh...
Fiora would be a cool addition, but I'll admit, I'm really not her biggest fan. Plus, I do care about spoilers for the people who haven't played Xenoblade yet, even though I'm sure Sakurai will find a way to spoil a good majority of Xenoblade in Smash for everyone. :b Although really, as much as I love Melia, Fiora probably would be the best option. Le sigh.
I still get slighty mad at how Melia got screwed over in the end. Best girl always loses

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I'd go with the Ridley fans being the type who cook bologna and spam for major holidays while K Rool fans tend to go along for ride while singing that same song. They're equally the same group of people, all crazy. Then again, what would you do if you were supporting either of them? They both have nothing to do but twiddle their thumbs waiting for more news. (Ridley fans were slapped in the face with the direct but were never properly put out of their misery.)

Last edited:

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy and @ TitanTeaTime TitanTeaTime

It really warms my heart to see youth such as yourselves putting my likeness in your signatures. Perhaps there's still hope for you yet. After all, hope is clearly dead for Shulk... after all, Gematsu is dead! Shulk couldn't possibly be in the game without the Gematsu Leak. There's absolutely no evidence of Sakurai enjoying Xenoblade, no evidence that Sakurai chooses characters from games he enjoys, no evidence that Nintendo has big plans in the future with Shulk's series, and no evidence that Shulk is a popular request.

Yep. You pathetic mortals are doomed without Gematsu. Become one of my disciples... otherwise, face your own disappointment!

#LittleBoyLostHisGematsuAndCan'tDoAThingWithoutIt
#WhatAPatheticHero
#ThatIsARightForGodsOnly

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

It really warms my heart to see youth such as yourselves putting my likeness in your signatures. Perhaps there's still hope for you yet. After all, hope is clearly dead for Shulk... after all, Gematsu is dead! Shulk couldn't possibly be in the game without the Gematsu Leak. There's absolutely no evidence of Sakurai enjoying Xenoblade, no evidence that Sakurai chooses characters from games he enjoys, no evidence that Nintendo has big plans in the future with Shulk's series, and no evidence that Shulk is a popular request.

Yep. You pathetic mortals are doomed without Gematsu. Become one of my disciples... otherwise, face your own disappointment!

#WhatAPatheticHero
#ThatIsARightForGodsOnly
Dammit Hades, you didn't even give me photoshop material this time.
At least give me something to work with in your hashtags next time

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Been thinking of Ether crystals for items, and they could probably work out well. Based on their color, you would get a buff for what the color does in game.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann

#WhatAPatheticHero
#ThatIsARightForGodsOnly
Too bad he's just another generic anime swordsman with no moveset potential, no popularity, and no future relevance.

Also, Hades in a Shulk thread...no, I must contain myself. So random thought but what if they would give Shulk some of the other character's art abilities? Unlikely and probably wouldn't work but on the other hand custom movesets...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Wait, can I still post my fic if it's got relation to Smash?
We want to try to stay a bit more on topic then we have been, so I would say no. I'm sure some people here wouldn't mind helping you out through PMs and what not, though.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

#WhatAPatheticHero
#ThatIsARightForGodsOnly
come now hades we all know the affair between you and shulky you want him in too in more ways then one :4pacman:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I think dunban could be a cool 2nd rep if zenoblade got a 2nd one

Hype Train

Woolly World hype!!
NNID
YesMann
3DS FC
0860-3788-1263

Oh man, I agree with this so much. It's a real shame how few people are seriously considering the possibility of a second Xenoblade rep, let alone Fiora. She's the perfect addition for Smash. She's incredibly unique, both in terms of her design and her fighting style and she's a woman, exactly what Sakurai is looking for. It's such a shame that the whole "1 game can't get 2 reps" thing keeps bogging her down. I really wish more people would be supportive of this idea (even among Xenblade fans, this idea isn't popular). Although I guess we really should be focusing on getting Shulk in there as a start, but man she would kick so much butt. Not gonna lie, I'm crossin' my fingers for a miracle here. AT ain't a bad alternative though.

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
I think that if there was a 2nd Xenoblade rep, it should be Melia to make up for
almost her whole life being terrible.
Plus I liked her better than Fiora anyway. Please don't hurt me.

Last edited:

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
I would prefer Melia, she was my favorite character, but I think that Dunban would be slick as hell to play as.

He dishes out damage so cleanly.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

#WhatAPatheticHero
#ThatIsARightForGodsOnly
Awww you love Shulk so much that you keep coming back here, I knew you have a thing for Shulk.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's hard to believe we're less than 2 months from the Japanese release. Jesus.

When do you guys hope/speculate we'll see the Shulk trailer if there is one, and how many trailers do you think we'll still get, assuming all the newcomers are being shown via them. (Which I expect.)

I think there's at least two left, but (please!) am going to guess for three.

A Rhythm Heaven character is super obvious, and I kind of think they'll be next. I expect Shulk after that if he's in (please again!) and some big badass finale for an extremely, EXTREMELY wanted newcomer.

I just somehow don't expect Sakurai to show a Monado-wielding Homs right after two sword wielders.

@ Hades the Magnificent Hades the Magnificent I ****ing love you. In every way.

Your Godliness (and undeniably Handsomeness), your magnificent posts brighten my day and fill me with joy at every turn!

Should you somehow tragically oversleep for your rematch with Pitty and Pretty Palutena, I'll be fighting tooth and nail for them to give you another chance!

#LordoftheUnderworld #LordoftheRing
#NoNotThatRing

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I think that if there was a 2nd Xenoblade rep, it should be Melia to make up for
But then Sakurai would pay homage with an event called:
Melia Vs. The World! Every other character on a single team against Melia! Also run over her dobercorgi
She also becomes the only character who trips.
y monolith y u do this to melly

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
It's hard to believe we're less than 2 months from the Japanese release. Jesus.

When do you guys hope/speculate we'll see the Shulk trailer if there is one, and how many trailers do you think we'll still get, assuming all the newcomers are being shown via them. (Which I expect.)

I think there's at least two left, but (please!) am going to guess for three.

A Rhythm Heaven character is super obvious, and I kind of think they'll be next. I expect Shulk after that if he's in (please again!) and some big badass finale for an extremely, EXTREMELY wanted newcomer.

I just somehow don't expect Sakurai to show a Monado-wielding Homs right after two sword wielders.
I think next month we will see him to get the japanese fans and us flipping **** before launch

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Melia was a more fleshed out and likeable character.
She grew on you as you played through the game while you were supposed to like Fiora as soon as she appeared.
It kind of annoyed me how as soon as Fiora appeared in the story for the second time she was immediately more important than the rest of the party. (excluding Shulk)
Your not the only one I'm sure a lot of people here would agree with you.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
#AirSlashAugust.

...On second thought, lets NOT go down that road again...

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
Melia was a more fleshed out and likeable character.
She grew on you as you played through the game while you were supposed to like Fiora as soon as she appeared.
It kind of annoyed me how as soon as Fiora appeared in the story for the second time she was immediately more important than the rest of the party. (excluding Shulk)
Your not the only one I'm sure a lot of people here would agree with you.
Really glad I'm not the only one. I couldn't really explain why I liked Melia more, but you're spot on. Not that I particularly disliked Fiora, but I was sort of just like, "Oh, okay. Childhood friend/love interest. Nothing entirely special here. Whatever".
They did do a good job with the whole Meyneth-in-her-body kinda thing, though. That added some more depth, but still. Melia all the way!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Poor Melia. That scene in Mechonis Core punched me right in the feels.

You all know the one.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
K. Rool's supporters are currently at 413, 67 more supporters to go to beat them. :p
(3 more to get to 350, and the day is ending relatively quickly and I want to show off a gif before I sleep :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom