• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Okay, seems like things have turned back to normal... or as normal as it gets here. I pretty much agree with everyone else, Junks as a stage and fly across familiar locations, Riki as a assist trophy and Metal Face as a boss. I really don't know what they'll do for a trailer, but i'm sticking to my prediction that there will be two more trailer and it'll be Shulk and Ridley, since they're the two most requested characters of the west and east.

Why is the Chorus Kid dressed as Robin?
Robin? You mean Shulk? Just nothing just two characters that didn't got in the game yet blend together.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I dunno why, but I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't see the similarities between Shulk and Robin's hair.
It's a joke making fun of people that say Shulk can't get in because he's too similar to Robin. And by similar it's just that they have blonde hair and a sword. Which is understandable I mean it's not like we have three blue haired swordsmen-oh wait...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
By the way, since I'm sure a lot of you missed it earlier since this thread was moving so fast, @Banjodorf mentioned that this should be Shulk's victory theme:

He is 100% right.
Yeah I saw that and I agree it is the closest thing to a victory theme in Xenoblade.
I'd rather it be a few notes from the main theme but...
It's a joke making fun of people that say Shulk can't get in because he's too similar to Robin. And by similar it's just that they have blonde hair and a sword. Which is understandable I mean it's not like we have three blue haired swordsmen-oh wait...
Pretty sure Robin has white hair.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I didn't Know it was a joke maybe I got use to hearing people say that a lot.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Yeah I saw that and I agree it is the closest thing to a victory theme in Xenoblade.
I'd rather it be a few notes from the main theme but...

Pretty sure Robin has white hair.
That's what makes it worse, they get the hair wrong. Really the reasons people come up with as to why Shulk can't be in the game are amazing (in a bad way)

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
That's what makes it worse, they get the hair wrong. Really the reasons people come up with as to why Shulk can't be in the game are amazing (in a bad way)
Oh...
So it's just people being dummies. I thought I was missing something vital in Robin's hair, like it was slightly blond-ish. No, it was always white. I win. I don't win anything but I win.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Just dropping in with my support for Shulk. I know Gematsu is dead but still hope he can overcome those odds, he was the only one from the three I was excited to see in there.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Robin, I was tempted to make him look like Shulk and name him Shulk in my second playthrough of Awakening. I'm also not even sure if a dark mage stalker is right for him to be his wife. Hahaha!

That's quite possibly more stupid than the "too new" arguments. People are really grasping for straws against Shulk...

Just dropping in with my support for Shulk. I know Gematsu is dead but still hope he can overcome those odds, he was the only one from the three I was excited to see in there.
He'll overcome the odds. Against the odds, he will choose to fight! BLOSSOM DANCE! He doesn't need the leak to get in.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I don't how they got the hair wrong. different hair color, Shulk hair is more longer than Robin, Shulk's bangs are curve to his face and Robin's is more strait out. What the middle part of their bangs are the same? Well I guest Pit look like Robin because the middle part of the bang looks the same.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Speaking of Robin, I was tempted to make him look like Shulk and name him Shulk in my second playthrough of Awakening. I'm also not even sure if a dark mage stalker is right for him to be his wife. Hahaha!

That's quite possibly more stupid than the "too new" arguments. People are really grasping for straws against Shulk...

He'll overcome the odds. Against the odds, he will choose to fight! BLOSSOM DANCE! He doesn't need the leak to get in.
The only things I feel holding Shulk back is he isn't being featured in the sequel and the fact it's a relatively new franchise. He would make for a great fighter without a doubt, much like Ice Climbers did back in Melee. People just have to give him the chance they deserve to show you their real potential. I will admit I was saddened we didn't get him Monday, as much as I like Lucina and Robin.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

Someone add Hades, Shulk, and Reyn to this gif. It will be the flag of our people.

Fun Fact: This post was edited and before it said Shulk, it said Chrom. Silly me.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
The only things I feel holding Shulk back is he isn't being featured in the sequel and the fact it's a relatively new franchise. He would make for a great fighter without a doubt, much like Ice Climbers did back in Melee. People just have to give him the chance they deserve to show you their real potential. I will admit I was saddened we didn't get him Monday, as much as I like Lucina and Robin.
I wouldn't worry about it being "too new". I mean, Pokemon had only been out for three years prior to Smash 64's release (Xenoblade Chronicles came out in 2010, so about the same difference). And even if he isn't in the new game, he's like the William Hartnell of the Xenoblade games (Doctor Who fans will know EXACTLY what I mean).

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
For the reveal I could see them doing something involving the mechon and rob maybe, that is, if rob is to be included in this installment.
I haven't seen it since I was a kid. I need to see it again. I just remembered the gif from Tumblr xD

Anyway, yeah. I can see Xenoblade getting multiple AT's. There are plenty of options. Also for items.
Lol, xenoblade items...

Let's see what I can find on google images for some of these...

"Dolphin carrot,"
"Spicy banana,"
"Dilemma Rock,"
"Rainbow slug"
"Macro Passion"
"Sharla named this on impulse. A passionate ball of red thread."

"Juicy Steakplant"
"Angry Monkey"
"Wet rat"
"Despair clover,"

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
aw no more hade x shulk fanfics now that I'm back sad days ;u;

I can attempt that!
It'll probably end up badly...
But I can try!
EDIT: Wait, can somebody remind me where Chrom comes into the equation here?
maybe since robin and lucina stole shulks spotlight monday idk XD

Last edited by a moderator:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
maybe since robin and lucina stole shulks spotlight monday idk XD
Hmm, I still don't quite understand the direct correlation to discussions (read: gifs, fanfics and photoshops) on the thread.. I'll probably just end up replacing Chrom with Riki.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
For the reveal I could see them doing something involving the mechon and rob maybe, that is, if rob is to be included in this installment.

Lol, xenoblade items...

Let's see what I can find on google images for some of these...

"Dolphin carrot,"
"Spicy banana,"
"Dilemma Rock,"
"Rainbow slug"
"Macro Passion"
"Sharla named this on impulse. A passionate ball of red thread."

"Juicy Steakplant"
"Angry Monkey"
"Wet rat"
"Despair clover,"
My partner lost their **** at Despair Clover.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I can attempt that!
It'll probably end up badly...
But I can try!
EDIT: Wait, can somebody remind me where Chrom comes into the equation here?
CRAP, I meant Shulk. I'll edit the past post.

Hmm, I still don't quite understand the direct correlation to discussions (read: gifs, fanfics and photoshops) on the thread.. I'll probably just end up replacing Chrom with Riki.
No need, just replace Chrom with Shulk.

Last edited:

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
I come back after an entire day, and this is what y'all are doin'? Gifs and slashfic.
Good to see that all is normal.

On a side not, I'm writing a Xenoblade X Touhou fic. Can I post a chapter here for proofing? Also, any suggestions?

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Leave to eat, come back amazed. The fan fics must continue. I'm tempted to send this thread to my friends so they can read Lovenado to Shulk X Hades.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
I come back after an entire day, and this is what y'all are doin'? Gifs and slashfic.

On a side not, I'm writing a Xenoblade X Touhou fic. Can I post a chapter here for proofing? Also, any suggestions?
Same, my god this thread moves fast.
<3
Yes, post away (just use a (spoiler) tag if it's long)

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Leave to eat, come back amazed. The fan fics must continue. I'm tempted to send this thread to my friends so they can read Lovenado to Shulk X Hades.
Well... I'd hate to burst your bubbles, but a mod came in earlier specifically about that.
I think the thread is for Shulk discussion, not horrific fanfics.

So please, let's keep it about Shulk because it's turning into spam.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'd ask for a spoiler tag. In addition, I think I already pointed it out that this thread is for discussion regarding Shulk in Smash Bros and General Xenoblade material such as discussion on what other content from Xenoblade could appear (such as music, stage hazards and playable characters, however the focus should be on Shulk), so I'll rather say take it to another thread, @ DuwangAnon DuwangAnon

This thread is already a little unstable and I'd rather ask you guys to get back to what this is supposed to be about than me pulling out the infraction hammer.

Last edited:

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
lol:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Another point people try to make against Shulk that I hate is that he's not in the new game so he's not relevant. If that's the case someone explain to me why Marth was added into Melee when the last game he was in came out seven years prior to Melee. Shulk represents the Xenoblade franchise as a whole, simple as that.

Alsp, c'mon guys, we can make it to 200 pages by midnight, even without random gifs or fanfiction!

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Another point people try to make against Shulk that I hate is that he's not in the new game so he's not relevant. If that's the case someone explain to me why Marth was added into Melee when the last game he was in came out seven years prior to Melee. Shulk represents the Xenoblade franchise as a whole, simple as that.
I think people are just scared for change. They think that Shulk will be too different from other swordfighters, and therefore are unwilling to give him a chance.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Also, c'mon guys, we can make it to 200 pages by midnight, even without random gifs or fanfiction!
It is actually still unclear if Shulk is in the game in some form or not so that's an irrelevant argument.
On that note Marth was in a game in 2010 and also as DLC in Awakening.
But I agree that argument is downright stupid and should not be taken as a serious statement.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
4-5 different stages from the Bionis and Mechonis, and each one of them has 50+ songs to listen to.
Exactly. The cast of Sm4sh is composed completely of Xenoblade characters.

On a side note, anyone know a thread or summat where I can post my Xenofic? Preferably one with a low amount of salt.

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
It is actually still unclear if Shulk is in the game in some form or not so that's an irrelevant argument.
On that note Marth was in a game in 2010 and also as DLC in Awakening.
But I agree that argument is downright stupid and should not be taken as a serious statement.
Even better, Marth has been in two games and two remakes plus a cameo here and there, yet people would never question him not being in Smash because he's the poster boy, much like Shulk would be.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
If Shulk get into the game what outfits he should have, I like the swimware and the jungle outfit should be one of his outfits

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I think people are just scared for change. They think that Shulk will be too different from other swordfighters, and therefore are unwilling to give him a chance.
I notice that it's more often the opposite. People who know nothing about him and try to make assumptions based on it. Like saying he's "just another sword user muuuuhhhhhh". I have yet to see anyone familiar with him try to argue against him.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I wouldn't worry about it being "too new". I mean, Pokemon had only been out for three years prior to Smash 64's release (Xenoblade Chronicles came out in 2010, so about the same difference). And even if he isn't in the new game, he's like the William Hartnell of the Xenoblade games (Doctor Who fans will know EXACTLY what I mean).
Pokemon exploded within those 3 years though, everybody knew it was a "smash." *ba dum psssh* Bad jokes aside, I don't think its too new, its a blossoming franchise that rightfully deserves its place if Nintendo is willing to include it. Just makes me cry knowing Rare never was represented like they should have been.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Pokemon exploded within those 3 years though, everybody knew it was a "smash." *ba dum psssh* Bad jokes aside, I don't think its too new, its a blossoming franchise that rightfully deserves its place if Nintendo is willing to include it. Just makes me cry knowing Rare never was represented like they should have been.
If I'm not mistaken wasn't Pokemon released in America in 1998?
And on the Rare character please don't bring it up, makes me cringe at the possible uniqueness Banjo could have had, and Joanna, and Conker.
No RareWare characters were alike in appearances or personality.

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
So when if Shulk gets in, 100% that'll be it for Xenoblade characters BUT if you could choose one more who would it be? for me it would be...

Fiora in her mechon form later in the game. It would be another female and she would be unique. I'd imagine her playing a lot like Nu 12 from BlazBlue. C'mon Sakurai, Smash needs more robot girls, who cares about spoilers!?!? it's never going to happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom