• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
You know what sucks? I have to go work soon. That means that this thread is going to continuously spiral until we not only reach Dedede and Riki fanfiction, but even go past it to depths untold.... And I'm going to miss it all.
Sounds like I picked a good time to unintentionally wake up from a nap! I only slightly feel like death.

As much as I love hot Shulk on Hades action, I want to mention something I meant to earlier, before I forget. It's regarding Xenoblade stages and, honestly, I'd LOVE to see a touring stage of Makna Forest. Just think. Fighting on the rope bridge while the waterfalls roar in the background. Then moving to an area on the cliffs, getting a view of the massive trees while Bionis fauna swarms around the fighters. Brought to life in full HD, I think it would look and feel spectacular. You know, not just cut and pasted from its game of origin.. *cough*SKYLOFT*cough*

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Sounds like I picked a good time to unintentionally wake up from a nap! I only slightly feel like death.

As much as I love hot Shulk on Hades action, I want to mention something I meant to earlier, before I forget. It's regarding Xenoblade stages and, honestly, I'd LOVE to see a touring stage of Makna Forest. Just think. Fighting on the rope bridge while the waterfalls roar in the background. Then moving to an area on the cliffs, getting a view of the massive trees while Bionis fauna swarms around the fighters. Brought to life in full HD, I think it would look and feel spectacular. You know, not just cut and pasted from its game of origin.. *cough*SKYLOFT*cough*
I'd like that stage if Nopon are throwable items on it. :troll:

Edit: Wait a second! That was a trap! Now I'm back on topic again!

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I think the thread is for Shulk discussion, not horrific fanfics.

So please, let's keep it about Shulk because it's turning into spam.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Woah this thread is moving quick... who put on all of those quick step gems?

@Creo Thanks. I have those games written down for the future. I'm waiting for a VC release of Crono Trigger. Actually is it better to get the DS version or the original? Super Mario RPG is great and the spiritual successors Paper Mario are just as good. I'm hoping for a new paper mario game as sticker star just wasn't for me and Super Paper Mario was enjoyable but too different.

Is anyone here a Persona fan? P3 and P4 are two of my all time favorite games. Now I feel like I'm just derailing this thread, but compared to what else is going on it doesn't seem so bad. I own Persona 4 golden but can't play it cause I don't want to buy a Vita... I know that makes a lot of sense.

Both games have a friendship motif, but then again most games do. Other than that Xenoblade and Persona are very different JRPGs.

Edit: Let's not derail the thread more with my question after the mod post :grin:

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

So please, let's keep it about Shulk.
As amusing as this has been, I agree.

On that note, a random AT idea popped into my head. Legit spoilers ahead:
I'm surprised we haven't really discussed Zanza as an Assist. He could float above the stage and fire energy blasts from his twin Monados. I think it'd be cool *shrug*

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
You say horrific, we say beautiful, awe-inspiring, and good enough to make someone believe in love again. :b

...Be that as it may, I might actually be scarred for life because of those fanfics, so maybe we should move the discussion back to Shulk.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
As amusing as this has been, I agree.

On that note, a random AT idea popped into my head. Legit spoilers ahead:
I'm surprised we haven't really discussed Zanza as an Assist. He could float above the stage and fire energy blasts from his twin Monados. I think it'd be cool *shrug*
I think he's better boss material, but personally I prefer Metal Face as a boss. The AT will probably go to one of the party members, though even though your guess is as good as mine...Fiora?

Your suggestion is cool though.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Woah this thread is moving quick... who put on all of those quick step gems?

@Creo Thanks. I have those games written down for the future. I'm waiting for a VC release of Crono Trigger. Actually is it better to get the DS version or the original? Super Mario RPG is great and the spiritual successors Paper Mario are just as good. I'm hoping for a new paper mario game as sticker star just wasn't for me and Super Paper Mario was enjoyable but too different.

Is anyone here a Persona fan? P3 and P4 are two of my all time favorite games. Now I feel like I'm just derailing this thread, but compared to what else is going on it doesn't seem so bad. I own Persona 4 golden but can't play it cause I don't want to buy a Vita... I know that makes a lot of sense.

Both games have a friendship motif, but then again most games do. Other than that Xenoblade and Persona are very different JRPGs.

Edit: Let's not derail the thread more with my question after the mod post :grin:
DS version of Chrono Trigger all the way. A lot of extra content including an ending that links it to Chrono Cross.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I think he's better boss material, but personally I prefer Metal Face as a boss. The AT will probably go to one of the party members, though even though your guess is as good as mine...Fiora?

You never know. We could get more than one ;D

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I think that Zanza could make a better Smash Run boss, while Metal Face could be a stage hazard. So I guess that way we'd have both as bosses?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I would still like a Riki AT, but I'm really warming up to the idea of a Riki/Nopon item.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If I were to recommend on Final Fantasy's end, it would be FFVI (best story of the series as far as I am concerned) and FFVII (it's a legendary RPG that deserves to be played by fans of the genre; My favorite battle system of the series as well). FFIX I feel is overlooked for whatever reason, but it is in fact excellent, and FFIV is great as well (and a shout-out to FFVIII, because aside from some questionable battle features the title has, it was overall really good, I thought).

Now, I'd have to mention one of my, if not my personal favorite RPG as well (contention being Xenoblade Chronicles), being Chrono Trigger. It's a timeless classic to many if you haven't ever experienced it. I also really love Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, but that's a little more lighthearted (though great nonetheless). Ha ha.
Just some random Xeno-trivia, but many of the team members that helped develop Chrono Trigger went on to form the team that made both Chrono Cross and Xenogears. They would eventually leave Square to become Monolithsoft. Tetsuya Takahasi, the director of Xenoblade, worked on FFVI and is famously responsible for the design of the Magitek Armour (which I see a bit of in the Mechon design, actually.)

Part of the reason I want Shulk in is that if he makes it one of my favorite game designers will have a representative in Smash. It's a very small part, as I love Xenoblade and Shulk independent of that, but it's a part none the less.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Metal Face is perfect stage hazard/boss material. If we get Sword Valley as a stage, I see it as nearly guaranteed as well.

If we got a Smash Run boss, I'd love to see Final Boss (The Spoiler-Free name I am using for them) as it would really work nicely.

All in all, Shulk should fight Metal Face or Ganondorf in his trailer at some point, it just makes too much sense. I can see Shulk going toe to toe with Mewtwo, the Dorf, Lucas or Ness for a fighter vs fighter conflict, as well.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I love that movie! Haven't seen it in years though. That's awesome that someone referenced it.

@ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D Thanks. I'll go with that one.
I haven't seen it since I was a kid. I need to see it again. I just remembered the gif from Tumblr xD

Anyway, yeah. I can see Xenoblade getting multiple AT's. There are plenty of options. Also for items.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Metal Face is perfect stage hazard/boss material. If we get Sword Valley as a stage, I see it as nearly guaranteed as well.

If we got a Smash Run boss, I'd love to see Final Boss (The Spoiler-Free name I am using for them) as it would really work nicely.

All in all, Shulk should fight Metal Face or Ganondorf in his trailer at some point, it just makes too much sense. I can see Shulk going toe to toe with Mewtwo, the Dorf, Lucas or Ness for a fighter vs fighter conflict, as well.
I want to see Mewtwo wrecking, I don't know Kirby, and then see Riki try to save him. Then have Shulk bail them out (the Monado is pretty handy against telepaths.) Reveal Riki as an assist later in the trailer.

Or you could have Shulk NOT show up and actually have Riki playable. I'm good with either.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I want to see Mewtwo wrecking, I don't know Kirby, and then see Riki try to save him. Then have Shulk bail them out (the Monado is pretty handy against telepaths.) Reveal Riki as an assist later in the trailer.

Or you could have Shulk NOT show up and actually have Riki playable. I'm good with either.
I'd actually like to see Ridley thrown in there, if simply to hear Riki call him a Dinobeast.

BluehunterZero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zero7298
3DS FC
5026-4480-2477
Hate to change the subject but what pieces of music from Xenoblade other than You Will Know Our Names would you want to hear if Shulk got in?

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Hate to change the subject but what pieces of music from Xenoblade other than You Will Know Our Names would you want to hear if Shulk got in?
Mechanical Rhythm, Gaur Plains (day), maybe Hidden Village? There's a long list of possibilities.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
In the words of the real life equivalent of Captain Falcon, Freddie Mercury...

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
All I want is one track. It's called "Xenoblade OST". It's about four hours long, so they can just crop it into about 50 different track pieces.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Mechanical Rhythm, Gaur Plains (day), maybe Hidden Village? There's a long list of possibilities.
As long as they have that Violin intro at the beginning and don't remix it Gaur Plains is my favorite.
Here it is by the way.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Okay, seems like things have turned back to normal... or as normal as it gets here. I pretty much agree with everyone else, Junks as a stage and fly across familiar locations, Riki as a assist trophy and Metal Face as a boss. I really don't know what they'll do for a trailer, but i'm sticking to my prediction that there will be two more trailer and it'll be Shulk and Ridley, since they're the two most requested characters of the west and east.

Why is the Chorus Kid dressed as Robin?

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

This song.... once it really kicks in. I NEED IT IN SMASH BROS.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Okay, seems like things have turned back to normal... or as normal as it gets here. I pretty much agree with everyone else, Junks as a stage and fly across familiar locations, Riki as a assist trophy and Metal Face as a boss. I really don't know what they'll do for a trailer, but i'm sticking to my prediction that there will be two more trailer and it'll be Shulk and Ridley, since they're the two most requested characters of the west and east.

Why is the Chorus Kid dressed as Robin?
I dunno why, but I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't see the similarities between Shulk and Robin's hair.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
By the way, since I'm sure a lot of you missed it earlier since this thread was moving so fast, @Banjodorf mentioned that this should be Shulk's victory theme:

He is 100% right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom