• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
But Xenoblade X happens in 2050-something, and the events of Chronicles:
Would have to have occurred some time later, considering the fact that they had developed technology to make themselves "gods". Not to mention that the world had been turned into the Bionis/Mechonis for several thousand years before the events of the game.

Tl;dr, it's impossible for X to occur after Chronicles.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Ironic considering it's Super Smash Bros. we're talking about. But still, I plan to fight when the games come out.
who said I fight I just talk the person down till I'm the winner

dezeray112

Smash Hero
A new Shulk topic that has never been discussed just came to me......
What quote or line will Shulk say when you select him while playing with a Wii Remote? Ex. Sonic had the ring noise in Brawl, while Dedede laughed and Link just made one of his heyaaa sounds.

I bet this never came up because no one uses anything other than Gamecube controllers.
He'll probably say:

"This is the Monado's power!"

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
A new Shulk topic that has never been discussed just came to me......
What quote or line will Shulk say when you select him while playing with a Wii Remote? Ex. Sonic had the ring noise in Brawl, while Dedede laughed and Link just made one of his heyaaa sounds.

I bet this never came up because no one uses anything other than Gamecube controllers.
hey good sir I just so happen to play combatively and I use the wiimote sideways

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Those eyes definitely have a blue-green appearance, the lighting makes it difficult to tell though. Regardless, I get the feeling it's not Shulk, but a descendant of his. Call it a hunch, really.
I'd be inclined to agree if Earth and a contemporary timeframe weren't plot devices of X. It's set in 2050... unlikely that it's actually a future... although it could be a predecessor.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Do you guys think we could get a Shulk reveal on August 19th?
Think about it. It's just an idea, but I could see a possible new character reveal for Shulk on August 19th.
Basically, tomorrow would be a normal PotD. Sakurai makes a note like last month for Robin and Lucina to watch the upcoming new character trailer on YouTube. He could mention this on Monday so the trailer can drop Tuesday.
And why August 19th? Because August 19th, 2011, was the exact day Xenoblade Chronicles was released in Europe... and its' first release outside of Japan.

Now, WILL it happen? I doubt it. I don't know what he has planned; I'm just making a guess. But if a new character is to be revealed this month before SSB4's Japanese release, I couldn't think of a better character to hype it up than Japan's fan-favorite Shulk, and August 19th is practically the perfect date for such a reveal.

#TrueMonadoTuesday

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Think about it. It's just an idea, but I could see a possible new character reveal for Shulk on August 19th.
Basically, tomorrow would be a normal PotD. Sakurai makes a note like last month for Robin and Lucina to watch the upcoming new character trailer on YouTube. He could mention this on Monday so the trailer can drop Tuesday.
And why August 19th? Because August 19th, 2011, was the exact day Xenoblade Chronicles was released in Europe... and its' first release outside of Japan.

Now, WILL it happen? I doubt it. I don't know what he has planned; I'm just making a guess. But if a new character is to be revealed this month before SSB4's Japanese release, I couldn't think of a better character to hype it up than Japan's fan-favorite Shulk, and August 19th is practically the perfect date for such a reveal.

#TrueMonadoTuesday
I've been hearing people saying the 19th alot so it might happen but sakurai is the type of person you can't read so who knows I hope so personally be a funny way of sakurai to reveal shulk on truemadotuesday so I can see it happening knowing the massive troll he is

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman

#TrueMonadoTuesday
GODDAMNIT THAT'S THE DAY I GO ON HOLIDAY

*melts*

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

say days for you
Yay, a fellow Whovian <3

Anyway, I could see a potential August 19th reveal. Someone said in the convo that the leak discussion thread mentioned a "big" update for Monday. Probably fake, but not impossible to happen, whether the leak is real or a lucky guess.

All I know is that if Shulk is revealed this week, the hype will go through the roof. My most wanted newcomer AND series 8 of Doctor Who? All I can say is:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Yay, a fellow Whovian <3

Anyway, I could see a potential August 19th reveal. Someone said in the convo that the leak discussion thread mentioned a "big" update for Monday. Probably fake, but not impossible to happen, whether the leak is real or a lucky guess.

All I know is that if Shulk is revealed this week, the hype will go through the roof. My most wanted newcomer AND series 8 of Doctor Who? All I can say is:

was sakurai's plan the whole time to reveal Shulk on #Truemonadotuesday IT'S HAPPEN FOLKS

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
Greninja (Pokemon from X&Y),
Little Mac (Punch Out!!),
Lucina (Fire Emblem: Awakening),
Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening),
Mega Man (Mega Man series),
Mii Fighters (Wii ___ series),
Pac-Man (Pac-Man series),
Palutena (Kid Icarus: Uprising),
Rosalina & Luma (Super Mario Galaxy),
Villager (Animal Crossing),
Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles),
Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)

This list just makes way too much sense if you look at it with a professional mind; they're all logical choices, and relevant, and popular (some more than others). Try to remove any bias from your mind, and then really take a good look at the list.

You must remembert that Sakurai really isn't as unpredictable and crazy the Smash fanbase make him out to be; he's developing a massively popular Nintendo title under a multi-million dollar corporation, therefore business decisions are inevitability going to play a big part in the character selection process (obviously Sakurai wouldn't say this since he's a professional). These are inclusions that are all extremely viable for Nintendo, and would benefit Nintendo now and for the future. The list just looks very... calculated, if you know what I mean. This has nothing to do with Gematsu, I'm just saying be prepared for this to likely be the final roster (perhaps playable Dixie, too, since Nintendo be pushin' that 'more females' philosophy).

The way I see how the character selection process working for this Smash goes like this:

Relevant, popular characters,

&

Less-popular characters that are relevant and have the potential to popularize and expand.

But yeah, just a few thoughts of mine.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Oh gosh I'm torn
on the one hand, Shulk being revealed on the 19th would be awesome
On the other hand, Ridley also has a notable date (the anniversary of Sakurai teasing him)... the 20th
...actually, this could mean a joint reveal on either day
Dammit, I've hyped myself up for something that might not happen

ferioku

Smash Ace
That isn't Shulk. Shulk's eyes are blue. The character at the end of the trailer has green eyes.
I think it is, the voice actor said he will be doing voice acting for wonderful games and he can't tell us what those particular games are, I'm betting it's Smash Brothers and Xenoblade Chronicles X, which I'm super hyped for!

Reference: https://twitter.com/A_HOWDZ/status/468458294223581184

Also the hair is the same, same goes for his facial structure and size of his eyebrows. They wouldn't show a random Shadow of a character if it isn't him. Unless it's his son? o.o

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I think it is, the voice actor said he will be doing voice acting for wonderful games and he can't tell us what those particular games are, I'm betting it's Smash Brothers and Xenoblade Chronicles X, which I'm super hyped for!

Also the hair is the same, same goes for his facial structure and size of his eyebrows. They wouldn't show a random Shadow of a character if it isn't him. Unless it's his son? o.o
Xenoblade X is going to be set in a time well before Chronicles. It's probably an homage to Shulk.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I hope there's an announcement of a Direct this week. I start classes next week and if the announcement goes up then, I'm not going to be able to concentrate. AT ALL.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I'd be inclined to agree if Earth and a contemporary timeframe weren't plot devices of X. It's set in 2050... unlikely that it's actually a future... although it could be a predecessor.
Although the universe Shulk creates near the end could easily be the previous universe... Alvis could, and who knows, just might have, recreated his homeworld, after all.

Whit

Smash Journeyman

If it's his son then I'm going to point out the lack of High Entia wings. Shulk X Seven since the beginning baby ;)

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I hope there's an announcement of a Direct this week. I start classes next week and if the announcement goes up then, I'm not going to be able to concentrate. AT ALL.
I just want to say I got both my most wanted character and a Doctor Who premiere in the same week :p

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
But Xenoblade X happens in 2050-something, and the events of Chronicles:
Would have to have occurred some time later, considering the fact that they had developed technology to make themselves "gods". Not to mention that the world had been turned into the Bionis/Mechonis for several thousand years before the events of the game.

Tl;dr, it's impossible for X to occur after Chronicles.
Except we don't know

Anything about the Universe Alvis created. He could have created a new Earth that is separate from Shulk's planet. Not likely but it is possible.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Except we don't know

Anything about the Universe Alvis created. He could have created a new Earth that is separate from Shulk's planet. Not likely but it is possible.
I suppose if Alvis reset it back to the year Klaus ****ed up. I wouldn't hold my breath for that though.

@ ferioku ferioku yes, I'm a Doctor Who fan :p

Edit: but this isn't a Doctor Who thread, so moving on.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

#TrueMonadoTuesday
Wouldn't the "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" banner disappear right before they unveil a returning/new character?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I suppose if Alvis reset it back to the year Klaus ****ed up. I wouldn't hold my breath for that though.

@ ferioku ferioku yes, I'm a Doctor Who fan :p
If anything I think

Alvis reset the Universe but added a new planet that he created from the remains of the Bionis and Mechonis. If the games are connected though, it is more likely that they are different Universes/Dimensions that are somehow connected via the Monado. If that is the case it will be a last minute reveal plot wise I would imagine.

@ TitanTeaTime TitanTeaTime I've been calling for a Shulk/Ridley trailer forever.

@ ferioku ferioku I'm really pulling for Isaac but I feel like he will be upgraged from unlockable Assist to unlockable Playable, so probably no trailer.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
After reading the week in review article on Xenoblade Chronicles and potential content in Sm4sh... I REALLY want to see a Galahad Fortress stage suddenly.
Also, I will say this: Yes, Metal Face is too big.
Mumkhar definitely isn't however

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
After reading the week in review article on Xenoblade Chronicles and potential content in Sm4sh... I REALLY want to see a Galahad Fortress stage suddenly.
Also, I will say this: Yes, Metal Face is too big.
Mumkhar definitely isn't however
Mumkhar for smash

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Although the universe Shulk creates near the end could easily be the previous universe... Alvis could, and who knows, just might have, recreated his homeworld, after all.
Exactly what I was thinking. It would be such a missed opportunity for X to have no connection to Xenoblade.
If it's his son then I'm going to point out the lack of High Entia wings. Shulk X Seven since the beginning baby ;)
*Weeps softly*

*Starts weeping louder*

Whit

Smash Journeyman
*Weeps softly*

*Starts weeping louder*
I sympathize with Melia, I do, but we all knew who it was always going to be. Ever since that shocking, heartbreaking, mindblowing moment on Pri… you know what I should probably stop there. Point being, you only hurt yourself by thinking it could have been different.

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I sympathize with Melia, I do, but we all knew who it was always going to be. Ever since that shocking, heartbreaking, mindblowing moment on Pri… you know what I should probably stop there. Point being, you only hurt yourself by thinking it could have been different.
Of course I didn't think it could have been different. I even saw concept art of Seven before I played Xenoblade, so I always knew how it would end up. Doesn't stop me from being sad that Melia gets nothing.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Of course I didn't think it could have been different. I even saw concept art of Seven before I played Xenoblade, so I always knew how it would end up. Doesn't stop me from being sad that Melia gets nothing.
Oh you had it spoiled? Dang, I had no idea and when it happened it absolutely turned my world upside down.
I was so happy to see Fiora alive, but at the same time angry and upset about what they did to her. Worse was that at the time I thought they had wiped her memories. It crushed me. I was emotionally devastated for like a week.
Poor Melia though… whenever I don't like or am not satisfied with an ending to a movie or game I always imagine a new one in my head and convince myself that it's the true ending. Don't worry, Melia finds her love! I'll bet her descendants will show up in XCX. After all, the High Entia are too unique to not make a reappearance!

Here's something I believe hasn't been talked about.
what position do you think Shulk we be in in his official art?
I don't know about the pose he's going to be in. I'm more concerned with seeing Shulk in glorious HD! Ohhhh! It's going to be so amazing! XD

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I'm kinda bummed that Xenoblade Chronicles X is just a spiritual successor, there is alot that could be done with Xenoblade's ending. But who knows, the game might have more connections to the original than we think.
Also I'm posting this on my Wii U, the browser is surprisingly good.
Another new supporter @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 !

Also, am I the only one who WANTS XCX to be unrelated to Xenoblade story-wise? I'm pretty happy with how Xenoblade ended, and would prefer XCX to just have its own story.
So it's not just me! I loved Xenoblade's ending, everything was wrapped up nicely. Of course there's room for a sequel, but I don't really want the box to be reopened. If I may make an opinionated comparison, I feel FFXIII had a brilliant storyline. I felt really invested in the characters and wanted to know how things turned out for them. When I played XIII-2, it did fix up a number of issues with the previous game, but plot-wise, now the ending of XIII is unwritten (actually part of the plot, not just writers being dumb) and now there's time travel and Lightning's off in who-knows-where... yeah, it didn't seem to flow well. I have faith Nintendo could do it, but I'm worried that it won't be handled well.

I'm at the Fallen Arm. Anyone know any good places to get armor/ weapons/ whatever? Anywhere, at least.
I don't want to sound rude, but it's probably the Fallen Arm. You'll also be able to earn other armour sets for your latest party member there.

Oh you had it spoiled? Dang, I had no idea and when it happened it absolutely turned my world upside down.
I was so happy to see Fiora alive, but at the same time angry and upset about what they did to her. Worse was that at the time I thought they had wiped her memories. It crushed me. I was emotionally devastated for like a week.
Yeah, I took some time to recover that,
I'd worked out who Metal Face was and why the Monado didn't work on Faces (through my own theorising and hearing Desiree mention her father owning "Xord's Smithy", but it still came as a shock. I had to take even more time to recover after Mechonis Core...

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I had already figured out who Metal Face was, but I didn't suspect Fiora to be Silver Face. I thought they had actually recovered her body after the attack on Colony 9. I didn't notice the mechon swarming her mobile artillery during my first playthrough of Xenoblade. :p

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I had already figured out who Metal Face was, but I didn't suspect Fiora to be Silver Face. I thought they had actually recovered her body after the attack on Colony 9. I didn't notice the mechon swarming her mobile artillery during my first playthrough of Xenoblade. :p
The reason why they don't make you suspect it is also how in any of the flashbacks to Fiora's "death", they never show the Mechon raiding the mobile artillery. I believe they just show the artillery's crash and then it falling into the water. Considering the length of time between Colony 9 and Prison Island, you would have completely forgotten that detail and that is what helps make the scene all the more shocking. Or you could have thought that the Mechon were just eating Fiora's body.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
I hadn't even figured out who Metal Face was until Prison Island… Don't know how I didn't piece it together. Especially with the voice and weapons. I suspected the faces might be homs, but when Xord said he had been eating people I was thrown off a bit. I feel a little stupid since it seems like everybody figured it out so soon, but at the same time I'm glad I didn't figure it out. That way every plot twist Xenoblade threw at me blew my mind and I got one amazing experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom