• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
The Head! Shoot him in the head!
Close enough, eh?

Edit 500th post!

Also, I'll try to steer this back on topic somehow... Need a good conversation question....

We couldn't have really discussed everything there is to discuss about Xenoblade in smash have we?

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Okay, based on what @Metal Face Face said from when he started this witch hunt to his first hint, I made a list of everyone who commented during his 2 posts. He said it had to be one of them, and they were a supporter. Here is the list of everyone who posted and is a supporter. Now take out everyone that was guessed when @Metal Face said we weren't guessing correctly, and we have:
@Metal Face then said that the person was on @ Solfiner Solfiner 's friend list. That leaves:
Based on what people posted, we can narrow it down a little bit further.
@Metal Face was last seen at 10:37 P.M., when he needed sleep. Guess when everyone else was last seen?
@erico9001 2:16 A.M.
@ Pega-pony Princess Pega-pony Princess 10:21 P.M.
@MASTRLINKX 4:57 A.M.
@Andyjoe522 3:07 A.M.
It wouldn't make sense for @Metal Face to stay up for at least 4 hours after he logged off, but then again, I'm no detective. I think it was @ Pega-pony Princess Pega-pony Princess .
Hmm...Well, I can't be certain what your time zone is, but I went to sleep at around 11: 20 my time. Unless I posted while I was asleep, I'm not Metal Face. Then again, I have a horrible memory, so who knows? The plot thickens.

Also. More Xenoblade Characters? Oh dear. Let's try to keep this thread productive guys.

We're talking about assist trophies now? Melia would be a good one as you've guys said. Seven however...I feel like they should either be playable or not appear at all.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
Double Post
ANOTHER ONE?

...I'll run out of abandon thread gifs at this rate
How much you bet this is all one person doing this?

Hmm...Well, I can't be certain what your time zone is, but I went to sleep at around 11: 20 my time. Unless I posted while I was asleep, I'm not Metal Face. Then again, I have a horrible memory, so who knows? The plot thickens.

Also. More Xenoblade Characters? Oh dear. Let's try to keep this thread productive guys.

We're talking about assist trophies now? Melia would be a good one as you've guys said. Seven however...I feel like they should either be playable or not appear at all.
I think seven should have some sort of representation, they are important to the story.

Last edited by a moderator:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
If we got a slap on the wrist for the Hades fanfiction lord knows what the mods will think when they see this. But seriously people, I think this roleplaying is going a bit too far...

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Atleast I'm not involved this time.
DITTSON.gif

Mysterious Face

Smash Rookie
oh my mechonis... Xord? Why are you here, weak fool?
Ok, to clarify, the only account me myself have made (other than my original account) is Metal Face. Everyone else is everyone else's doing, latching onto my ideas like a gecko superglued to a candy apple shaped like the Monado.
That's what they all say. Can't say that I remember it myself.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Umm... Xenoblade items? Red Pollen Orb! Doubles your attack power!
Collecting various orbs would not only pay homage to Xenoblade, but it would also be an interesting and unique type of item. Like you said maybe collecting a certain amount can create certain buffs

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
If the masterpieces are back, and Shulk is in, Could we have a Xenoblade masterpiece? Maybe you get, like, 20 minutes instead of 5? I don't care how, make it work Sakurai!

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Collecting various orbs would not only pay homage to Xenoblade, but it would also be an interesting and unique type of item. Like you said maybe collecting a certain amount can create certain buffs
That would be neat. What would you guys think of a Frontier Village stage to go alongside the orbs?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
If the masterpieces are back, and Shulk is in, Could we have a Xenoblade masterpiece? Maybe you get, like, 20 minutes instead of 5? I don't care how, make it work Sakurai!
I think Xenoblade is too recent, for once, for that treatment. Also 20 minutes would be just the intro I think. One or two hours would be a better time option.

That would be neat. What would you guys think of a Frontier Village stage to go alongside the orbs?
I'm not a fan of Frontier village as a stage pick. along with Makna Forest....Actually Makna Falls is pretty tempting. Prison Island is my typical go to.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm beginning to think Shulk actually was confirmed playable on Monado Monday and we've all just gone insane from the excitement.

I'd love a Frontier Village stage but then I could say the same about almost any Xenoblade location.

Do we have any ideas for Xenoblade items?

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Y'know what would be cool is if the did a Xenoblade HD release is have the Bionis shoulder area in there. It's only available after you beat the game and is filled with high level enemies. I just wanna see that area with my own eyes and not on a YouTube video...

I actually think a Frontier Villager stage would be cool on the 3DS. Maybe Nopon jump into the stage occasionally and you can throw them as items.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I'm beginning to think Shulk actually was confirmed playable on Monado Monday and we've all just gone insane from the excitement.

I'd love a Frontier Village stage but then I could say the same about almost any Xenoblade location.

Ether crystals maybe, giving buffs dependent on the color that you pick up.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
What was the Donkey Kong stage? The one that constantly went up? I imagine Frontier Village would be a mix of that, and the Fire Emblem stage. You keep going up the village, then once you reach the top, like the FE stage, it transitions to something different, in this case Eryth Sea.

Melia

Smash Cadet
Y'know what would be cool is if the did a Xenoblade HD release is have the Bionis shoulder area in there. It's only available after you beat the game and is filled with high level enemies. I just wanna see that area with my own eyes and not on a YouTube video...

I actually think a Frontier Villager stage would be cool on the 3DS. Maybe Nopon jump into the stage occasionally and you can throw them as items.
I am in shock and awe at the amazing level of kindness and compassion you show our furry little companions on the Bionis.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
I'm really wondering what normal trophies Sakurai will put in of Xenoblade. Trophies seem pretty random for the most part, whether they have spoilers or not. Some series have trophies of random mobs, others have trophies of main character's/bosses.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm really wondering what normal trophies Sakurai will put in of Xenoblade. Trophies seem pretty random for the most part, whether they have spoilers or not. Same series have trophies of random mobs, others have trophies of main character's/bosses.
Lake Flamii. I'm sure of it.

Last edited:

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
I actually think an HD detailed trophy of the Bionis/Mechonis would be pretty sweet.

Edit: Imagine if it was detailed enough where you could zoom in and see things like Makna Forest? XD

Last edited:

Melia

Smash Cadet
I'm really wondering what normal trophies Sakurai will put in of Xenoblade. Trophies seem pretty random for the most part, whether they have spoilers or not. Some series have trophies of random mobs, others have trophies of main character's/bosses.
Dobercorgi!

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know any Xenoblade themed events we could get?
This would be a spoiler for the end of the game, but since Sakurai eats spoilers for breakfast...

You play as Shulk and take on both Rosalina and Palutena. It's labeled "God slayer". Just for kicks Sakurai makes you read a full description of the ending of Xenoblade before playing the event, as an homage to Xenogears disc 2.

D

Deleted member

I can't see Xenoblade work as a masterpiece, especially when people can't freely just go out and buy the game. :( That and it wouldn't make sense to put it under the Masterpiece mode.

I'm really wondering what normal trophies Sakurai will put in of Xenoblade. Trophies seem pretty random for the most part, whether they have spoilers or not. Same series have trophies of random mobs, others have trophies of main character's/bosses.
I think that the whole party will get trophies as well as several other important Xenoblade characters.

The only logical explanation for that is that someone from Awakening hexed us into thinking that we saw Robin get confirmed when, in actuality, it was Shulk!

Riki's Biter is the first thing that comes to mind, but a Red Pollen Orb isn't a bad idea either as someone else pointed out.
I can imagine Riki's Biter have some random effects like freezing and poisoning. I can see a luck factor be involved with the Red Pollen Orb where sometimes you can do double damage and sometimes the damage gets halved.

Last edited by a moderator:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Between going on and off topics this thread is like...

But then it quickly goes like this...

And we're back.

Anyone know any Xenoblade themed events we could get?
Shulk fighting all of the God characters.

Shulk fighting Megaman, Rob, and Samus. (robots)

Since AT will be playing a big role in all star mode apparently, maybe they can appear in event matches too. I wouldn't be surprised. Sakurai is definitely holding a lot back, especially with the Wii U version. Don't think there isn't a top secret game mode.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think it would be great if all the Xenoblade trophies in game had long and in depth descriptions but each one just looked like a blue orb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom