• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
Between going on and off topics this thread is like...

But then it quickly goes like this...

And we're back.

Shulk fighting all of the God characters.

Shulk fighting Megaman, Rob, and Samus. (robots)

Since AT will be playing a big role in all star mode apparently, maybe they can appear in event matches too. I wouldn't be surprised. Sakurai is definitely holding a lot back, especially with the Wii U version. Don't think there isn't a top secret game mode.
Top Secret wii U mode: Assist Trophy Rumble! Play as an assist trophy and beat your way through every fighter to prove you'll fit into smash 5!
Any Reyn will be playable. Or Melia. or whatever party member becomes an assist trophy.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I think it would be great if all the Xenoblade trophies in game had long and in depth descriptions but each one just looked like a blue orb.
For some reason I found this very funny. I think you're kidding but that would be an excellent way to avoid spoilers. Knowing Sakurai we'll get..

SPOILER

This is a trophy of the Mechonis. Mechons live here peacefully and coexist with homs until one day Zanza had no friends and became selfish, therefore bringing to life the Bionis and killing everything.

Edit:

Top Secret wii U mode: Assist Trophy Rumble! Play as an assist trophy and beat your way through every fighter to prove you'll fit into smash 5!
Any Reyn will be playable. Or Melia. or whatever party member becomes an assist trophy.
#TeamMelia

Speaking of new modes..

There was that one strange mode that had a table top view and every character was a circle trying to push each other off. That was bizarre. Although this is off topic

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
For some reason I found this very funny. I think you're kidding but that would be an excellent way to avoid spoilers. Knowing Sakurai we'll get..

SPOILER

This is a trophy of the Mechonis. Mechons live here peacefully and coexist with homs until one day Zanza had no friends and became selfish, therefore bringing to life the Bionis and killing everything.
This is more accurate:

This is a trophy of the Mechonis. Mechons live here peacefully and coexist with homs until one day Zanza had no friends (except for Dixson, who is actually a giant and will betray your party) and became selfish, therefore bringing to life the Bionis and killing everything. Accept for Fiora. She was killed by Metal Face who is actually Dunban's friend Mumkhar. It's okay though, she gets better.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

SPOILER

Edit:

#TeamMelia

Speaking of new modes..

There was that one strange mode that had a table top view and every character was a circle trying to push each other off. That was bizarre. Although this is off topic
yeah that mode give me a pokemon rumble feel

Fiora

Smash Rookie

SPOILER

Imagine my trophy...
Fiora is a homs that lives in Colony 9 on the leg of the Bionis. When the Mechon attacked, she retaliated by ramming into Metal Face, only to be taken and put in a Faced Mechon herself.

Melia

Smash Cadet

SPOILER

Edit:

#TeamMelia

Speaking of new modes..

Yes! #TeamMelia! Make this a thing! Now!

Imagine my trophy...
Fiora is a homs that lives in Colony 9 on the leg of the Bionis. When the Mechon attacked, she retaliated by ramming into Metal Face, only to be taken and put in a Faced Mechon herself.
Here's mine
Melia Antiqua was the royal daughter of the Emperor of the High Entia and met with Shulk and the gang whilst pursuing a Leone Telethia. Eventually everything goes wrong when Metal Face kills her father, all the High Entia are turned into telethia, and Fiora returns and steals Shulk's love away from Melia. Smash Boards also hates her:(

Last edited by a moderator:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Steering back on topic, what do you think Shulk's recovery move would be? I can't think of anything he could do in-game that would correlate to that.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Steering back on topic, what do you think Shulk's recovery move would be? I can't think of anything he could do in-game that would correlate to that.
Monado speed? That could work.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Manado cyclone, maybe? If Shulk uses it on the ground, there's a chance that any characters in the general vicinity could be forcefully tripped. Meanwhile, the gusts from the attack could launch Shulk upwards like a torpedo.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Monado purge, he jumps up and shoots a projectile in front of him. Different, effective, and true to the game

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I'm thinking cyclone would make for a good recovery. He can summon a mini tornado under him that propels him up and it could also be used on the ground as a offensive attack.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
He jumps in the air and slashes. Like Marth's Up B.
The one problem with that is it is Marth's Up B, so Purge would be a better option.
My idea with Monado speed was that it could kinda work like fox's side B, but you can control the direction. But that Monado purge idea is really good.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
My idea with Monado speed was that it could kinda work like fox's side B, but you can control the direction. But that Monado purge idea is really good.
I'd like that actually with Monado Speed.
But remember, with all these ideas and potential, hes still generic swordsman anime

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Yeah. I've heard about this "Shulk". Isn't she Marth's sister or something?

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
So, I wake up, and then Fiora, Melia, Mumkhar, and even Xord are supporting Shulk now?

You guys are weird and I love you all. ;)

I don't know if we've talked about this, but if they bring back stickers, who do you think we'll get to see from Xenoblade? I'm thinking Xord and some of the smaller bosses/unique monsters possibly. Any other ideas?

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
So, I wake up, and then Fiora, Melia, Mumkhar, and even Xord are supporting Shulk now?

I don't know if we've talked about this, but if they bring back stickers, who do you think we'll get to see from Xenoblade? I'm thinking Xord and some of the smaller bosses/unique monsters possibly. Any other ideas?
Probably the party characters and some of the more important NPCs, like Dickson or Melia's brother.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Probably the party characters and some of the more important NPCs, like ****son or Melia's brother.
I'd assume that the more important ones would get trophies, while the minor characters would get stickers. Like the head of the Nopon village might get a sticker, but Riki would get a trophy.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman

Anything I post in Miiverse would have a Monado on it.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I'd assume that the more important ones would get trophies, while the minor characters would get stickers. Like the head of the Nopon village might get a sticker, but Riki would get a trophy.
I'm not sure if Stickers are coming back. Their only purpose was powering up your characters in SSE.
I think that makes more things a trophy! I would really like it to be that way at least. HD models FTW and stuff.

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
i'm not sure if Stickers are coming back. Their only purpose was powering up your characters in SSE.
I think that makes more things a trophy! I would really like it to be that way at least. HD models FTW and stuff.
HD characters with long hair like Dunban and Sharla. No more jagged hair. Then available for use for Xenoblade HD. That's the reason Monolith's been re-tweeting all the directs, it all adds up!
Except not really.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I thought when we we're talking about stickers I misinterpreted it as stamps. Speaking of which what Xenoblade stamps would you like to see?

Mumkhar

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if Stickers are coming back. Their only purpose was powering up your characters in SSE.
I think I deserve a trophy more than the rest of those kids. In fact, I should be the only rep they need! Give me the Monado and I'll make your game the best stinkin' game on the face of the Earth!

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I think I deserve a trophy more than the rest of those kids. In fact, I should be the only rep they need! Give me the Monado and I'll make your game the best stinkin' game on the face of the Earth!
...Mumkhar for Shulk alt?

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Don't be angry Mumkhar, Dunban has all his trust in you that you'll do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom