• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Hehehehehehe... No one has guessed ME as Metal Face yet!!!!

I'm not.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

I think the real reason sakuria has not revealed Shulk yet is because he is looking out for our health because if shulk was revealed I think we all would pass out
**** My health I want him in the game now!

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Constructive post to nonconstructive post ratio is too low... I think I'm feeling a headache incoming..

:olimar:

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
What say we just accept that crazy role-players are crazy and move on with conversation (OK, Metal Face is pretty cool) (Melia has cool abilities so I guess she's alright as well).

Of all the Xenoblade stages we could get, are there any you guys specifically on the Wii U or specifically want on the 3ds?

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I definitely want the Junks traveling stage for the Wii U. There are just too many potential locations to be used for a stage, best to put them all in one, right? I've always liked that idea. And I'm not sure about the 3DS stage. Colony 9, maybe? Sword Valley?

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
What say we just accept that crazy role-players are crazy and move on with conversation (OK, Metal Face is pretty cool) (Melia has cool abilities so I guess she's alright as well).

Of all the Xenoblade stages we could get, are there any you guys specifically on the Wii U or specifically want on the 3ds?
all stages zenoblade mario stages xenoblade LOZ xenoblade pokemon ZENOBLADE!

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Holy crap!

Each stage on the 3ds version has only two music tracks right?

So how about for the 3ds version we have a single area that changes between night and day, and the two songs are the daytime song and the nighttime song for the area and they alternate as the time of the day on the stage changes!

Then, for the Wii U version we have the Junks moving stage so that we can see each area in sweet, sweet HD.

-

I had a decent Bionis Leg idea a while back...

The observation platform on the bionis leg. Has a great view of the area and a stage hazard could be Canyon Valencia flying in to say hi every once in a while (you know, just like he does in the game).

Valkyrie_Nyx

Smash Rookie
Welp, I'd definitely want Junks for the Wii U stage just because I'm super frigging indecisive so that would cover like, everything. Hopefully with day and night cycles for the areas it travels to and maybe some weather patterns (so maybe we could get some ether-y stuff at Satorl/Eryth sea/etc). 'Cause that'd be gawjuss. Plus some general flying about, seeing Bionis and Mechonis in the distance... yesss. I have a need for this.

And for the 3ds I'd just want a stage from Mechonis... dunno which one. Central Factory would actually be a hope of mine, just to see all of that sexy machine stuff going on in the background. Hnnng. But seriously it's hard to go wrong, like pretty much every location would be beautiful and make me cry tears of joy.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Stage talk is just making me more hyped for Shulk. I want him in the game already!

Wow, this thread's almost at 10,000 posts.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
12:30

Almost nobody on the thread.

Got back home after a long day.

This thread is weird and I love it.

Let's party.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
...What's a filthy Mechon doing in this place?! If only I had that stinkin' Monado...
Oh god, the irony of this post is priceless.

Last edited:

TTrain

Official Terminator Train
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
I took the time to put some of the tracks from the Xenoblade OST and convert them into .brstm files for use in Project M because the battle music that is used in that game fits soooooooooooooooooooo well with Smash Bros ;D

I can make a download link/make more if anyone wants it :D

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So I still think we're getting four more newcomers and of those four two will get trailers. BUT, part of me is starting to entertain the idea of all four getting trailers. If we play out a scenario where all four of these newcomers get reveal trailers similar to Robin (streamed through the website) and have it happen every other Monday the last one would be just a couple days before the 3DS version comes out in Japan. Part of me feels like Sakurai would reveal all the newcomers this time since all he secret ones would get spoiled by the internet anyway. And the thing is I can totally see Sakurai announcing on Friday they're live streaming another character reveal on Monday as oppose to Comic Con, because that's such a Nintendo thing to do. They showed Pac Man after the invitational and Robin & Captain Falcon after EVO. So I can see them revealing a new character the day after Comic Con. Guess we'll have to wait till Friday but I got a hunch it might happen.
Even if the internet spoils the secret characters, that could be a good thing for hype.

On launch day (or the day after) and people discover that Ridley is playable as a secret character, you can't buy that kind of hype so close to the release date.

I could see them leaving a handful of secret characters to be discovered at launch, just to add more buying hype.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Holy crap!

Each stage on the 3ds version has only two music tracks right?

So how about for the 3ds version we have a single area that changes between night and day, and the two songs are the daytime song and the nighttime song for the area and they alternate as the time of the day on the stage changes!

Then, for the Wii U version we have the Junks moving stage so that we can see each area in sweet, sweet HD.

-

I had a decent Bionis Leg idea a while back...

The observation platform on the bionis leg. Has a great view of the area and a stage hazard could be Canyon Valencia flying in to say hi every once in a while (you know, just like he does in the game).
Well today's Pic of the Day , shows that Wily Castle got ported, but its only Daytime, so I would not be surprised we could get the same Xenoblade stage on both versions, However song wise "You Will Know Our Names" is something you should expect imo on the 3DS due well it can be seen as the "MM2 Dr. Wily stage 1" from Xenoblade

The other song most likely is the Day/Night Area theme from the area they based the stage off, but sadly it would be only one version then.

Bionis Leg would most likely play the daytime version of "Gaur Plain", while Satorl Marsh for example is know the best for its Night version

Still my bet is Prison Island due its the turning point of the game, Sakurai loves his spoilers & our friend @Metal Face could show up as a hazard, that would bring all the Brawl bosses to shame

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Even if the internet spoils the secret characters, that could be a good thing for hype.

On launch day (or the day after) and people discover that Ridley is playable as a secret character, you can't buy that kind of hype so close to the release date.

I could see them leaving a handful of secret characters to be discovered at launch, just to add more buying hype.
I do think the newcomers could all be revealed before release, the only character Sakurai would love to keep secret for max trolling & as the last unlock would be Mewtwo.
Mewtwo also is known not to be an very early unlock & took 700 vs matches or 20 hours of VS matches in Melee, Sakurai is crazy enough to bump this to 30 hours or 1000 VS matches imo.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
...What's a filthy Mechon doing in this place?! If only I had that stinkin' Monado...
Hey, uh...
you realize who that mechon is, right?
(Though then again, considering the wild goose chase they're putting us on I don't think anyone knows)
Though seriously, @Metal Face this is "fun" and all but I'd rather not have the thread be locked from spam. Constant spam. So let's ACTUALLY get a serious discussion done here, ok?
btw, I'm awake now. Did I miss anything constructive?

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I really hope the Xenoblade stage is a neutral, but I also want some cool hazards and a Metal face boss... It's really hard to decide.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I'm not a big fan of moving stages with a flying plateform, it feels so bland. Just like you're watching a movie in the back but doesnt give the feeling of being actually here. Stages that focus on one place with stage hazards are more fun and memorable imo.
Anyway there is so many places in this game and they all would fit so well ... Eryth sea, Bionis's leg, Satorl Marsh, Bionis's Inside ... **head explode**

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm not a big fan of moving stages with a flying plateform, it feels so bland. Just like you're watching a movie in the back but doesnt give the feeling of being actually here. Stages that focus on one place with stage hazards are more fun and memorable imo.
Anyway there is so many places in this game and they all would fit so well ... Eryth sea, Bionis's leg, Satorl Marsh, Bionis's Inside ... **head explode**
I'm kinda inbetween. You are right in that they are more memorable, but I also want a stage that isn't completely hazard filled.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I agree. But I do at least think a Junks stage would work better for Xenoblade than stages like Delfino or Skyloft, just because of all the crazy memorable locations in Xenoblade. If we could just have...two stages on each version...

Last edited:

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
I always thought that if the locations you landed on were a bit better designed and you stayed there a bit longer, people would cut traveling stages some slack. I think you better get used to them, because there are a ton of them in Smash 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom