• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I bet it's SkittleE. That shifty son (daughter?) of a b*tch always rubbed me the wrong way.

Wait a second...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm just going to bet that none of you will be able to correctly guess the identity of this "Metal Face" individual.

On another note...

I think Reyn is overrated.

Metal Face

Smash Cadet
((....actually, to tell the truth I'm kind of hoping that nobody actually gets it any time soon. I haven't got the breakdown ready yet.))

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Kindof random, but is it just me or do some of the unique monsters sound like early '90's rappers?

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the Notorious B.I.G. and Flabbergasted Jerome!!!!"

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
This is going to turn into a game of trouble in terrorist town.
You're metal face! No, you're metal face! No, you're metal face!
If you like mystery, don't read the spoiler. Otherwise...
It shouldn't be too hard to figure out who it is... just look at who's viewing the thread. When Metal Face is here, someone else won't be...;)

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
Nobody has provided any logic yet, and at the same time, nobody has randomly guessed the right name.
Pathetic.
Ok, I'll give you a clue:
They're on the supporters list and have posted something since my statement.

Yes, I am Metal Face.
But who am I?
The bunnit on tephra hill

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
Last edited by a moderator:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Let's have somebody track his IP

Solfiner didn't make any comment about MetalFace's identity. It's him. After all, he posts a lot of Dittson. Dittson uses transform. Mystery solved.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
So I looked at the guy's channel who translated Xenoblade X's opening sequence, and he says he'll do a few more!

Disregard the Microsoft Sam voice, if you can. :p

Metal Face

Smash Cadet
Metal Face = Sakurai mind blowing.
*laughs*
Except no.
Let's have somebody track his IP

Solfiner didn't make any comment about MetalFace's identity. It's him. After all, he posts a lot of Dittson. Dittson uses transform. Mystery solved.
This is also wrong.
However, Solfiner might have them on their friends list right now.
That's all you get for clues today. Mostly because real me needs to go to sleep, I'll see if any of you have it wright in the morning.

Last edited:

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
*laughs*
Except no.

This is also wrong.
However, Solfiner might have them on their friends list right now.
That's all you get for clues today. Mostly because real me needs to go to sleep, I'll see if any of you have it wright in the morning.
Mysterious mechon confuse heropon

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Mmmm... I'm not so sure Metal Face speaks the truth... I've been watching who's viewing the thread, and a certain user immediately dissapeared when he appeared in the list.

What could it mean...?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Fine. I'll be less vague.
@ Solfiner Solfiner definitely has them on their friends list.
Well, I'm not terribly familiar with the Shulk support community, but from my limited knowledge of the people here, @Brawler610 stands out as someone that I know really loves Xenoblade and may be dedicated enough to pull off something like this.

I'm probably wrong.

D

Deleted member

Well, I'm not terribly familiar with the Shulk support community, but from my limited knowledge of the people here, @Brawler610 stands out as someone that I know really loves Xenoblade and may be dedicated enough to pull off something like this.

I'm probably wrong.
Sorry to crash the party but I'm weak! Weak and pathetic! I can't stand to make an alternate account just to role play!

In all seriousness, I'm not @ Metal Face Metal Face . I dunno who Metal Face is.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
It's 5 or 6 AM where Solfiner is though, isn't it? I don't think Metal Face is Solfiner.
Solfiner was viewing the thread just before Metal Face showed up. So either he, or someone who has access to his account, was viewing the thread, regardless of the time. But again, that doesn't necessarily mean it's him/her. Just wanted to point that out.:)

Also, anyone concerned that we might be getting off topic here...?:p

Edit: oh, and I just realized I didn't use spoiler tags... guess it really doesn't matter anymore. Probably never did anyway...;)

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Sorry to crash the party but I'm weak! Weak and pathetic! I can't stand to make an alternate account just to role play!

In all seriousness, I'm not @ Metal Face Metal Face . I dunno who Metal Face is.
Well, that's one suspect down.

Though I'm a little curious about how honest this "Metal Face" is with information... I mean, he has his age and birthday listed on his profile... If that were to match up with anybody, that could be a clue.

Pff, that's just what Metal Face would say!
No, he would just stab you.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
So I looked at the guy's channel who translated Xenoblade X's opening sequence, and he says he'll do a few more!

Disregard the Microsoft Sam voice, if you can. :p

Interesting. Due to that purple mech being a hero it looks like the alien races may have a larger role in the game than I had previously thought. I'd be willing to say that the animal species is one of the aliens.

It makes sense anyways...
If the aliens did not play a larger role other than driving the humans off of Earth, then what would have been the point of them? A large number of other causes could have been selected for that purpose, few of them being as far out as 'two alien species warring above our planet.'

The difference between the types of dolls could be explained by one of them being of human origin and one of them being of hom origin, just saying.
In other words, since the races of bionis live together at the end, faced mechon could be modified so that homs can use them without having to be turned into mechon people.
This ties into the theory I had previously about the game. I suppose if I were to rewrite it, I would emphasize the possibility that the race of the animal people are also involved in the war. The reasons for why I think the homs are involved are still relevant.
Okay I've been itching to get my complex theory about X's storyline out for a while now, so watch out, here it comes!

I'm going to speak a lot about the end of Xenoblade so you may not want to click the spoiler tag if you haven't beaten the game

Shulk wishes for a new world at the Xenoblade, and Alvis creates a new universe understanding that Shulk has no grasp of what a universe is, and that it is really what Shulk means by saying 'world.' Keep this in mind as you read through this dialogue.

This is the final dialogue of Xenoblade:
Fiora: I wonder what the future has in store for us:

Shulk: Who knows, I'm sure it will be full of ups and downs.

Fiora: Ups and downs?

Shulk: I don't know what the future holds, but that means I can imagine the possibilities. We can achieve anything we put our minds too.

Fora: Yeah, you're right

Shulk: Do you remember what the Monado, I mean Alvis, said to us the last time we saw him?

Fiora: Yes, of course!

Alvis: Shulk, this new world is boundless. It is home to not only you, but many forms of life. I can see it. In this world, all life will walk towards the future hand in hand.

Shulk: One day, I hope I can meet them all. The people of this endless world.

Fiora: Me too. We will. I know it.

Shulk We'll meet them, and whatever happens, we'll face our future together.

Notice all of the talk about meeting other forms of life that inhabit this boundless world.

When shulk wishes for a world with no gods, Alvis sees 'world' as universe. As you can see when the universe is reborn, there are several galaxies that are made. When Alvis refers to the 'boundless world' he is referring to the universe, so the forms of life that Alvis is talking about are not really just on that world that Shulk and the other people of Bionis/Mechonis now inhabit, but are scattered across this new universe that has been created. With how Shulk wants to meet these people and how Fiora is sure that they will, this may be foreshadowing something.

Jump to the Xenoblade sequel's trailers and gameplay videos, we see that humanity on Earth has become the battleground for a war between two alien species. The humans make their escape on one large ship in order to prevent the extinction of the human race. At first, this makes it seem like the game has very little to do with Xenoblade, since the humanoid species in Xenoblade are called Homs, not humans. However, the appearance of the nopon with the same name as the Japanese name for Satata (Tatsu) and the girl with the monado hairpins call this into question. Now consider this: What if the universe that Shulk created is our universe or one that is very similar to it? Perhaps, the differences in this world are that the people of the bionis/mechonis exist in it and the human, Zanza, was never able to become a god, as Shulk wished for a world with no gods.

Now consider the Nopon that is seen in the trailer. The setting of Xenoblade X is this new planet that the humans have started to inhabit. It doesn't appear that any nopon lived on Earth and were taken with the humans onto the ship since there is no sight of them or mention of them anywhere. The ship is 'humanity's' last resort, as is roughly said in the trailer. This would mean that the nopon was already on the planet, which would suggest that nopon inhabit that planet. If nopon inhabit the planet, it's safe to say that other creatures that inhabited the bionis and mechonis came to live on this planet. It explains why many of the creatures are so huge, at least. If Nopon and other creatures from bionis and mechonis came to live on the planet, then homs, being a species of the bionis and mechonis, would come to live there as well. Homs would explain why the girl with the monado hairpins has monado hairpins, because the monado definitely isn't apart of human history (well, I guess there is Xenoblade irl).

Now for a quote from the trailer.

"We lost the Earth, and we've traveled so far to reach this planet. We'll wipe you out. That is the duty of Growth."

Imagine that in humanity's exploration of this new planet they come across the homs, who resemble them greatly but are not them. Humanity treats them like any other species on the planet, just another something that must be wiped out in order for humanity to regain its position as the dominant species on the planet. Since the people of humanity are from America, American exceptionalism can be brought up.

With this in mind, quotes and clips from the trailer make a lot of sense.

After the previously used quote, there's some fighting clips and then the music changes. Next we see a bunch of unknown characters flying above the water in mechs. One of them is the girl with the monado hairpin.

Now a new, female voice says "Maybe it would be better if we disappeared from the Universe!"

A rather significant quote is then said by a different voice.

"We could never coexist with the likes of you!"

A male voice says, "So... Does this mean we're basically dead already?"

A different male, that seems to be of authority, says, "We will purge this cancer... that is the destiny of Growth."

You see a quick shot of the girl with the monado hairpins smiling at you and then right after a quick shot of Elma saying something to you. The two may be to contrast with each other, but Elma is also seen in the scene with the mechs flying over water and appears to be on the same side as the monado hairpin girl. I think they are being compared rather than contrasted, due to reasons I will elaborate more on later.

Elma says, "I will not let this tragedy be repeated." as you see a clip of the city that humanity lives in. The 'tragedy' probably refers to humanity having to flee.

Then the same male as talked about purging cancer says, "Humanity should be wiped out of existence!"

This male refers to the destiny of Growth as a cancer that will be purged. Referring to something as cancer usually indicates that there was a system that was already well established, but now is being threatened by the growth of something smaller. This is because an animal's body can be seen as an already established system, and cancer is something that begins small but then grows, destroying the whole system. It may be worth noting that some people in real life view humanity as a virus or a cancer to Earth due to all of the species we are wiping out. This could be part of the inspiration to this storyline.
The man with the deep, authority-like voice, may very well be a part of the Homs who have already established themselves on the planet. His image is not shown, as to leave us wondering.

Anyways, while this may be the set-up to the story, I believe that the actual storyline will not choose a side between the homs and the humans. In the cutscene with the mechs flying over water, we see three key people. Elma, the girl with the Monado Hairpin, and one of those weird animal humanoids. If you pay close enough attention to the formation of the mechs you can clearly see that they are forming together into one force, despite being of different species. This leads me to believe that the storyline will follow an opposition to the war that is formed between the species. This explains a few quotes.

"He's a traitor!" - This is an accusation that could be made of someone who joins the opposition.

"That's enough, Luxzaal!"
"Shoot! Go on!"
"Stop it! All of you!"
There appears to be some internal fighting which the first quote and the third quote seem to be trying to stop. The girl who says the third quote may be apart of the opposition, as she appears when an animal humanoid is fighting with either homs or humans (cant tell).

The thing I'm not quite sure about is these animal humanoids. It could be that they are another species to form on bionis/mechonis that was previously unknown. It is certainly possible that when Shulk created a new universe, this species was formed on the planet that the homs/machina/nopon/high entia found themselves on (the one with the salty water, as Reyn pointed out). They could also be yet another alien species to crash onto the planet, like the humans.

While it may seem that these animal humanoids are the people that the Humans have discovered instead of the homs, the fact that this is a sequel to Xenoblade, the nopon, the girl with the monado hairpins, and the hugeness of life on this planet suggests homs.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the Shulk-like person in the first trailer! The fact that the nopon we see shares the name and glasses of Satata but is not him due to coloration differences makes me think that this is a descendant of Satata. The same goes for the Shulk like person. He looks so much like Shulk but yet isn't him due to having green eyes instead of Shulk's blue eyes. Who does have green eyes though? Fiora. It's no stretch of the imagination to think that Shulk and Fiora end up together when they are older and produce a child. Idk if the person in question is the son though, or possible a grandson, or an even further descendant. Shulk may be in the game, maybe as an older version of himself, or maybe as just a part of history.

This may have been why the nintendo treehouse guy said "more of a spiritual sequel." The storyline does not follow the same characters and appears to be very different from Xenoblade.

Oh, that's right! If it is that there is just time lapsed between the storylines, this means that Melia may actually be a part of the story due to High Entia's much longer lifespans. Melia may actually get a happy ending!
Anyways, that's my theory. It seemed like such a waste to have developed it so much but then to not let anyone know about it. I'm not saying this is a fact; it's just a theory, after all. Haha, I guess it is a game theory ;].

Oh, I guess this post is a little off topic. Maybe I should add that if Shulk makes an appearance in Xenoblade X then Shulk's chances may be increased for smash a little bit?
I'd certainly love to see more of this person's videos, even if they are a pain in the ass to watch through.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

I think the real reason sakuria has not revealed Shulk yet is because he is looking out for our health because if shulk was revealed I think we all would pass out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom