• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Damn... If there is one good thing about Kill la Kill, it is the soundtrack. X's soundtrack will be glorious.
Now there needs to be a scene where the characters are seemingly doomed and all of a sudden deus ex machina saves the day while "don't lose your way" plays.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I love this thread. <-- Should be our tagline.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I remember when Xenoblade X was first shown off in January 2013, not knowing who Sawano was. So I look him up and this is the first thing I get:
Needless to say I got excited. I hated Guilty Crown and thought Attack on Titan and Kill La Kill were okay, but one thing all three shows had in common was amazing music. You think they may have a track or two from Xenoblade X in Smash 4? I mean there was MGS4 music in Brawl and that game wasn't out yet, so it's possible...

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I remember when Xenoblade X was first shown off in January 2013, not knowing who Sawano was. So I look him up and this is the first thing I get:
Needless to say I got excited. I hated Guilty Crown and thought Attack on Titan and Kill La Kill were okay, but one thing all three shows had in common was amazing music. You think they may have a track or two from Xenoblade X in Smash 4? I mean there was MGS4 music in Brawl and that game wasn't out yet, so it's possible...
We will. Same composer for Attack on Titan, now the Eren Yeager guy who said Shulk was in is legit. He met him through Smash! Eren confirmed for Smash 4. Ryuko as assist.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I would really like that song in the second trailer if that's the case.

Valkyrie_Nyx

Smash Rookie
Oh, I was going was going to make the “then tiers are for me” joke on the last page, too. hahaha

Also this thread just has like, indefatigable Shulk hyyype (ooh big word) (not really that big though) since it took HOURS of my life away to catch up to this thread last night. But they were fantastic hours, so, life well spent or something. Thanks for being so gloriously entertaining and upbeat, folks.

Uhg, I'm just so so excited for both Smash and X coming up. My Wii U (and my brain) is gonna blow up when these games arrive. I've been slacking off on the daily ritual of watching all the X trailers. Gotta remedy that.
Aaaand when I first saw Hiroyuki Sawano's name on that first trailer I totally lost my **** (not that I wasn't losing it already). Love his work. I think the first stuff I heard from him was... Gundam Unicorn stuff? Maybe. He's fantastic though, and among my favorite composers. And I'd really adore it if some Xenoblade tracks showed up, for sure.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
We will. Same composer for Attack on Titan, now the Eren Yeager guy who said Shulk was in is legit. He met him through Smash! Eren confirmed for Smash 4. Ryuko as assist.
her assist is her losing her way while don't lose our way plays in the background

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Oh, THIS guy. Complete bias against Xenoblade, 'course he'd hate Shulk. He had a fit on Twitter about Xenoblade and Shulk's inclusion.
I can't wait for the day when Shulk gets confirmed, just to see this guy suffer.

D

Deleted member

Oh, THIS guy. Complete bias against Xenoblade, 'course he'd hate Shulk. He had a fit on Twitter about Xenoblade and Shulk's inclusion.
If Shulk gets confirmed next month, oh ho man! I am gonna have some fun watching him suffer in his own disappointment while I dance like a madman!

I SO want that Monado model!
Who doesn't? :p
I wish I could find a Monado somewhere...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I indulge myself in the name of this thread way too much.

"Look at Shulk's ass" and "Should be scared of Shulk."

"Mega-Conflicted Shulk" had me rolling.

Also Little Macnado.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
If Shulk gets confirmed next month, oh ho man! I am gonna have some fun watching him suffer in his own disappointment while I dance like a madman!

Who doesn't? :p
I wish I could find a Monado somewhere...
You must find your true Monado.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Take a look at this, guys. Around the 12:50 mark.
http://youtu.be/EyTrcy14Yzs?t=12m50s
>Shulk
>Generic Anime Swordsman
Pick one. XD
Says Shulk shouldn't be playable because he's a generic anime swordsmen, yet he only played 10 hours of a 100 hour games.
Says Shulk shouldn't be playable because he's too niche yet he wants Captain Rainbow in and says they've added obscure characters in the past, so why not Captain Rainbow.
Y'know you can't have things go both ways...

Also, he first thought Shulk was third party, now he says he's second party and being first party only counts if Nintendo worked on the game, he also said the series started on the PS2 and Shulk doesn't look like a Nintendo characterCHRIST THIS FOOL!

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127

I don't think any of us really need to worry about Shulk's chances...
Whoa... Xenoblade's considered the 6th best Nintendo game of all time in Japan?!
That's... that's amazing. I never knew that Xenoblade could actually rank THAT HIGH. It's way more popular than I ever thought it was in Japan.
Pretty amazing.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Says Shulk shouldn't be playable because he's a generic anime swordsmen, yet he only played 10 hours of a 100 hour games.
Says Shulk shouldn't be playable because he's too niche yet he wants Captain Rainbow in and says they've added obscure characters in the past, so why not Captain Rainbow.

Also, he first thought Shulk was third party, now he says he's second party and being first party only counts if Nintendo worked on the game, he also said the series started on the PS2 and Shulk doesn't look like a Nintendo characterCHRIST THIS FOOL!
Now that's an example of a dumb opinion. If he doesn't want Shulk because didn't like the game for the mechanics or story, fine, that's subjective, but the guy is so uneducated and based his opinion on false information.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793

To me, it kinda feels like this when someone says they hate the Tales series . . . despite having only played the first eight hours or so.
The Tales series' charm comes from being a generic RPG overdosed with tropes . . . until about a third of the way through, when everything is tilted on its head. Right in the middle of everything. The Tales series is great t deconstruction, and it still manages to be fun as well.
Xenoblade sort of feels like that. Generic-ish RPG set up . . . until the first major spoilers. Everything else after that is awesome.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Well guys, I think I've found the most idiotic argument against Shulk on the web thus far. And of course, it could only come from the Miiverse Smash Bros. community.

Feel free to rip him a new one, if you even consider it worth your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom