• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
...I have a hard time accepting people's opinions when they can't at least understand why it would be enjoyable to people. So I'd have a hard time getting along with said person.

That, and educated opinions or bust!

Well guys, I think I've found the most idiotic argument against Shulk on the web thus far. And of course, it could only come from the Miiverse Smash Bros. community.

Feel free to rip him a new one, if you even consider it worth your time.
Oh man. That's Miiverse! (Da-da-da, da-DA-da.)

Spend enough time on http://pleasesakurai.tumblr.com/ and you sort of recognize Miiverse as a vat of uncontrollable stupidity, so I'm sort of immune at this point I guess.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The Kristoph Gavin Alvis gif was too hard to make,
so take this instead:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Don't let it get to you, It's Miiverse. The same place where people ask for Goku, Shrek, and Shadow to be playable.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
so what does anyone think of this "Surprise" that they are announcing at that con

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I indulge myself in the name of this thread way too much.
Monado Pawnch, Player 2 Shulk and Look-at-Shulk's-ass made it for me. :rotfl:

and Gogols...ugh the bane of my existence, I can't leisurly stroll across Gaur Plain without panning the camera around in a paranoid manner looking for that Territorial Rotbart and trying to stay out of its way

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Don't let it get to you, It's Miiverse. The same place where people ask for Goku, Shrek, and Shadow to be playable.
Also this:

so what does anyone think of this "Surprise" that they are announcing at that con
I think we've talked about it before, but I don't think it's a newcomer, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Maybe a mode or something.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm hoping for Ness or Lucas since the Mother Anniversary is the following Sunday. But I'm keeping any optimism to a low.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Well guys, I think I've found the most idiotic argument against Shulk on the web thus far. And of course, it could only come from the Miiverse Smash Bros. community.

Feel free to rip him a new one, if you even consider it worth your time.
Well...good to see racism is allowed on Miiverse.

Now that's an example of a dumb opinion. If he doesn't want Shulk because didn't like the game for the mechanics or story, fine, that's subjective, but the guy is so uneducated and based his opinion on false information.
Honestly I HATE when someone's reasoning as to why a character shouldn't get in is because they don't like them...WHO CARES!? This game doesn't cater just to you. I think Golden Sun is one of the most bland rpgs I've ever played but i'm not going to say Isaac shouldn't be playable because I don't like him. I fear what this roster would look like if this fool was in charge of it...

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Well, looks like I'll have to switch to imgur.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
In Miiverse's defense, as someone who was a member since day one, it's mainly the Smash Bros. community that is a cancerous tumor on the site. The other communities will get the occasional troll/idiot, but it's nothing more than the average forum or social network. The Smash Bros. community (and to a lesser extent the E3 community during the time of year that it's up) have really just ruined Miiverse's image.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
In Miiverse's defense, as someone who was a member since day one, it's mainly the Smash Bros. community that is a cancerous tumor on the site. The other communities will get the occasional troll/idiot, but it's nothing more than the average forum or social network. The Smash Bros. community (and to a lesser extent the E3 community during the time of year that it's up) have really just ruined Miiverse's image.
It's true. It's just that Miiverse's only purpose on here is usually related to the Smash boards only.

The Miiverse boards for Punch-Out!! had some really great folks in them, that were extremely passionate about having Mac in Smash.

Some great artists, too!

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I think sunday we might actually get a newcomer or a vet with sakuria saying their was two more characters he wants to announce left I could see him throwing one out sunday and one before launch

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
A trailer would be nice, but tbh I kinda doubt it. It'll probably be an appearance by Sakurai or some pro Smash player or (wishful thinking since it's 3DS-focused, right?) a Wii U version release date/Wii U's single player mode.

Although...have they ever announced new fighters for any fighting game there in the past? I -think- there were some UMvC3 character announcements at Comic-Con back in the day.

I wish I could go but leaving state is impossible for me :c

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Alvis-dance.gif

I guess I'll have to use the good ol' copy paste.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Awkward.png

Well, this is awkward.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I saw that the gif wasn't there, but I still liked it anyways because it seemed like something the Heropon would do ;)
You are a true Heropon.

Well
Actual endgame spoilers
After the Shulk X Monado stuff, it's the same thing really
The chapter "Between a sword and a hard place" truly had a meaning beyond Shulk X Hades.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
You are a true Heropon.

The chapter "Between a sword and a hard place" truly had a meaning beyond Shulk X Hades.
Yaaaaaay.

Once again, I regret nothing apologize for writing it and not saving it until the subforum.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So, if one of you ever want to use my gifs/photoshops for something you just have to ask. Since my photobucket bandwidth has run out for this month, I can just attach the file so you can save it instead.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I can't wait for the day we see shulk in smash hope we might get anewcomer at that comic con :happysheep:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
So, if one of you ever want to use my gifs/photoshops for something you just have to ask. Since my photobucket bandwidth has run out for this month, I can just attach the file so you can save it instead.
You're such a great guy. You're like the Dunban of gifs.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Oh god, this is too funny. Pacack just liked my post 20 something pages back where I said that @ Bosspon Bosspon and @NonSpecificGuy's sigs were not up to snuff, but that my sig was hype. When I wrote that, I had the Reyn and Neyn hype trains as my sig, but right now my sig is, well, this:
Anthorai.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom