• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Didn't work out this time, however I cannot say I am displeased with what happened instead.

ThomasTerminator

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
I'm still super-confident in Shulk. We didn't need Gematsu anyway!

Now we just have the element of surprise back to speculation!
^

Means that when Shulk is confirmed to join the fray, it's more of a party than a "Woo, we predicted the future!" or "Yay, the leak was correct!"

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I really love how "positive" this thread is.
We didn't get Shulk YET, but we are still hyped and happy.
Very happy to be a part of this fanbase.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I'm still super-confident in Shulk. We didn't need Gematsu anyway!

Now we just have the element of surprise back to speculation!
I prefer it that way.
Won't lie, last night I was really upset because I believed Sal and thought it'd be Shulk 100%. I thought he was the most likely already but that gave it away for me. Now once Shulk's finally announced I'll...have a...heart att- okay, Sal, come back please.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
Well cheers guys for making this morning so much more enjoyable. That trailer hurt my soul but now... I feel re-vitalized. Plus the interest for Shulk is clear (all over miiverse too), -worst- case scenario, he's DLC!

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I don't think anyone is actually against Shulk being in Smash. Some are just hoping he isn't announced today specifically.
Exactly, I wanted to see something that wasn't a Gematsu character, and I got just that, two in fact, he said Chrom was going to be playable, which I said never wanted to see happen, but what we got was pure awesomeness, Lucina and Robin made my day, these were my Fire Emblem characters I wanted, I'm just surprised to see FE jump to 4 characters.

With that said, Shulk, I still hope for Shulk, I still hope for Isaac, and may I add I hope for both characters equally, and hopefully we see them revealed someday.

However my focus right now has turned to seeing some veterans, Captain Falcon is just the beginning.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'll do it later, I'll think I'll celebrate the best "newcomer!"

For those that didn't know, Dunbans japanese voice actor also voices Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Would I be right in saying Shulk's the last newcomer who's both highly requested and has a high chance of getting in? Or do you guys think Ridley and K Rool are also likely? Or even other characters I'm forgetting.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH THIS THREAD. I have limited Internet right now, so it took a while. I have to say, while it wasn't Shulk, I still have full confidence in his inclusion. Plus, I'm really happy with the newcomers we did get and seeing Captain Falcon animated in a FE:A styled cutscene was amazing.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Would I be right in saying Shulk's the last newcomer who's both highly requested and has a high chance of getting in? Or do you guys think Ridley and K Rool are also likely? Or even other characters I'm forgetting.
I sadly don't see either of them making it, so yeah. I would really like them though.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
They'll probably leave Shulk as a reveal for probably a Nintendo Direct. Unless they do another character reveal like how they did then idk what to think. But I do think he has a very very good chance considering monoliths upcoming Xenoblade Chronicles X and the fact that Sakurai said for this (these) fighters and didn't want to reveal them in a direct so here's hoping. Still have less than 3 months like 2.5 months until the 3ds version is released. I still think Shulk has a pretty high chance.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I'll say Ridley is very likely. I'm not 100% on K. Rool, but the inclusion of Kremlings works in his favor. Question is if he'll be playable or not. Let us not also forget Mewtwo. Another Pokemon rep might be too much, but fans are loud. Isaac's lack of Assist Trophy status is interesting as well, but the demand for Shulk is seemingly louder.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I'll say Ridley is very likely. I'm not 100% on K. Rool, but the inclusion of Kremlings works in his favor. Question is if he'll be playable or not. Let us not also forget Mewtwo. Another Pokemon rep might be too much, but fans are loud. Isaac's lack of Assist Trophy status is interesting as well, but the demand for Shulk is seemingly louder.
I think Mewtwo counts as a veteran though. But I do think he'd be the only one to get a trailer of any kind, so... newvetcomeran.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Dixie, some retro characters (Takamaru, Mach Rider, Duck Hunt Dog, etc) and MAYBE Isaac seem like they might have a decent chance.

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
Xenoblade is one of my all time favorite games, and I still have hope for Shulk just like most of you! So I would love to be a supporter!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think, personally, that those two have more of a shot, as does Isaac (and returning veteran Mewtwo).
But I don't think Shulk is out of the game, I'm quite certain he is in.
He will likely even be revealed beforehand, because unlike the ones I mentioned above, he needs to be revealed before hand for half the consumers to have any idea who he is- and that is the point of the video trailers. Secret characters will be revealed to add screams when 'challenger approaching' appears. The videos now will be to showcase who these other guys are.

Super excited it was not Monado Monday. Now I can be excited when Shulk is truly back in time.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Well considering that Shulk wasn't shotdown and we still have that Adam Howden factor to consider, that's to be expected.
Don't forget the Shintaro Asanuma tweet.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Robin looks cool, still hoping for Shulk. Disappointed that Lucina is a Marth clone.

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
So I was completely wrong about Shulk, haha.

I STILL CRIED MANLY TEARS TODAY THOUGH.

#MonadoMonday has been postponed but not forgotten. Shulk will still make his entrance into the fray. I'm sure of it.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
This thread was literally impossible to keep up with yesterday and now all of today :psycho:. Was expecting Shulk, but the reveal trailer was still pretty good.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
I love how the Shulk thread is still super positive about Shulk getting in.
Too bad for the Chrom fans, though. They're probably crushed. That thread is really depressed, by the way.
Oh well. I wanted Robin over Chrom, anyways.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Well considering that Shulk wasn't shotdown and we still have that Adam Howden factor to consider, that's to be expected.
Plus, as Shulk supporters, I think we dig not having a leak over our heads.

We just want to live our lives as they come.....every day is a little different from the last, we don't know what the future will hold, but It's more fun not knowing.... life's little surprises are what makes it great. We don't know what's going to happen, it's worrying sometimes, but it's also exciting.

Little by little, each day as it comes, that's how we should live. That's our world.

:bee:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Sakurai has once and for all proven that he doesn't care one bit for slots. With that being said, bring me my 5 Mother reps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom