• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I just realized what makes Xenoblade such a bad game (the worst game ever infact), it's because there isn't a PvP feature. :troll:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
God-Slaying Sword from xenobalde would make a great song on Final destination.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
now 4 mins without a new update man shulk has no support at all :substitute:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey, in case anyone hasn't done so yet, it's Shulk's day on the rate their chances thread, so go up their and represent! @BluePikmin11 That might be a good place to find a few more supporters as well.

By the way, I am so mad at myself for not posting this after Monday's Robin reveal trailer:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey, in case anyone hasn't done so yet, it's Shulk's day on the rate their chances thread, so go up their and represent! @BluePikmin11 That might be a good place to find a few more supporters as well.

By the way, I am so mad at myself for not posting this after Monday's Robin reveal trailer:

Are you kidding? If Sheddy is worried now, just imagine having to wait for people to get done with Xenoblade Chronicles.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
This thread is moving slower today because Shulk supporters are still asleep after partying all night with lots of attractive people.

Also, this is random but if Shulk gets in the game
If we're going by cannon Shulk would be the most powerful character in the game by far. SHULK IS TOP TIER! MIGHT AS WELL RENAME S TIER SHULK TIER

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
This thread is moving slower today because Shulk supporters are still asleep after partying all night with lots of attractive people.

If we're going by cannon Shulk would be the most powerful character in the game by far. SHULK IS TOP TIER! MIGHT AS WELL RENAME S TIER SHULK TIER
Yeah, I'm actually really looking forward to arguing for Shulk in the "Who is canonically strongest" thread. It would really depend on when in the game you pulled Shulk from.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

Shulk is so bad ass that he don't need a tier, tiers are for queers.:p

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

So Shulk is above Brawls only god tier, Metaknight? I think I know why.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Here's another insight for you guys:

We all know that it was Monolith Soft that developed Xenoblade, but did you guys know that Nintendo also co-developed it? Normally, the Nintendo SPD team is always involved with the games they publish—Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Code Name S.T.E.A.M., The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, and Devil's Third—but a certain someone played a big role on Xenoblade's development. His name is Hitoshi Yamagami, a Nintendo producer, and he's the reason why Xenoblade's a more "complete" game than Xenogears and Xenosaga. This might also be the reason why Xenoblade X was delayed: Rather than to cut out chunks of the game to meet this year's deadline, Nintendo was willing to give him more time despite sacrificing their very money for a niche game. As Eurogamer puts it, "Takahashi had at last found a partner with both deep enough pockets to fund his outrageous visions and the creative wisdom to steer him away from crippling indulgence." In his previous careers, Square and Namco never gave him enough time to envision his creativity and ambition, but Nintendo? Man, he must really love Nintendo right now, and I hope it stays that way!

But what about Takahashi? I might be wrong on this, but the reason why Nintendo only owns 97% of them is probably because the other three are owned by these key staff members: Tetsuya Takahashi, Hirohide Sugiura, and Koh Kojima. Yasuyuki Honne is also another one, but he does run the Kyoto studio now. If any of them leave the company due to, let's say, Xenoblade X's failure, then Monolith Soft will be a shell of its former self like Rare and perhaps Retro Studios. I mean, putting Shulk in Super Smash Bros. would be a really big thank you for them, right? Right?

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I can't wait for X's soundtrack. It's gonna be glorious. Have we gotten any details on who the composers will be yet?

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I can't wait for X's soundtrack. It's gonna be glorious. Have we gotten any details on who the composers will be yet?
I heard that the Attack on Titan soundtrack composers are involved or something like that. Didn't watch that anime but I heard good things about it.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

We all know that it was Monolith Soft that developed Xenoblade, but did you guys know that Nintendo also co-developed it? Normally, the Nintendo SPD team is always involved with the games they publish—Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Code Name S.T.E.A.M., The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, and Devil's Third—but a certain someone played a big role on Xenoblade's development. His name is Hitoshi Yamagami, a Nintendo producer, and he's the reason why Xenoblade's a more "complete" game than Xenogears and Xenosaga. This might also be the reason why Xenoblade X was delayed: Rather than to cut out chunks of the game to meet this year's deadline, Nintendo was willing to give him more time despite sacrificing their very money for a niche game. As Eurogamer puts it, "Takahashi had at last found a partner with both deep enough pockets to fund his outrageous visions and the creative wisdom to steer him away from crippling indulgence." In his previous careers, Square and Namco never gave him enough time to envision his creativity and ambition, but Nintendo? Man, he must really love Nintendo right now, and I hope it stays that way!
Wow, that's actually really awesome of Nintendo! I love the attitude Nintendo takes towards delaying games. "A delayed game is eventually good; a bad game is bad forever." -Shigeru Miyamoto

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice

But what about Takahashi? I might be wrong on this, but the reason why Nintendo only owns 97% of them is probably because the other three are owned by these key staff members: Tetsuya Takahashi, Hirohide Sugiura, and Koh Kojima. Yasuyuki Honne is also another one, but he does run the Kyoto studio now. If any of them leave the company due to, let's say, Xenoblade X's failure, then Monolith Soft will be a shell of its former self like Rare and perhaps Retro Studios. I mean, putting Shulk in Super Smash Bros. would be a really big thank you for them, right? Right?
Also, Yurie Hattori, who works under Nintendo Software Planning & Development, under Hitoshi Yamagami's group, was the script editor for Xenoblade.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Wow, that's actually really awesome of Nintendo! I love the attitude Nintendo takes towards delaying games. "A delayed game is eventually good; a bad game is bad forever." -Shigeru Miyamoto
I love that too. I hate when people whine about delays, but if they got the game rushed they would instead complain about that.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Just Hiroyuki Sawano so far, who composed for Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill. I'm sure there will be other composers, but I have a feeling they'll only do the minor stuff like the ending theme and whatnot.

I've been watching the Treehouse demos as well, and I can already hear some rap in the battle music. XD

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice
Hiroyuki Sawano. Popular anime composer. It was announced at the very first X trailer.
Watching the Treehouse Live of Xenoblade X for several times, the environmental theme of the first area is really very epic! I already love it even though I couldn't hear it properly over the voices of the Treehouse people.

Greninja'd lol

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Just Hiroyuki Sawano so far, who composed for Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill. I'm sure there will be other composers, but I have a feeling they'll only do the minor stuff like the ending theme and whatnot.

I've been watching the Treehouse demos as well, and I can already hear some rap in the battle music. XD
Damn... If there is one good thing about Kill la Kill, it is the soundtrack. X's soundtrack will be glorious.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Daaaamn son. Dropping those sick beats. As long as they have songs of the same essence as You will know our names or confrontation with the enemy, the soundtrack will be awesome.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I love that too. I hate when people whine about delays, but if they got the game rushed they would instead complain about that.
Delayed games it depends on the time for me, 5 years I'm ok with but 10+ years that too much for me.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I already watched the Treehouse Day 1 four times, the Treehouse Day 3 twice, a Gamespot walkthrough once, and will watch the IGN one some time :)

I NEED IT NOW.
I have watched this:
Like 100+ times now.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Thugmodachi life. I'll show myself to the exit

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Xenoblade X looks really awesome, the game I'm most hyped for after smash. It looks like it'll have online so I'll look forward to playing with you guys.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Shulk is so bad *** that he don't need a tier, tiers are for queers.:p
*whispers* Like meeeeee? *bi*

Anyway, touching up my prediction roster. Trying to keep myself distracted from personal issues going on irl. If only Shulk would be revealed today, that'd cheer me up xD

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
*whispers* Like meeeeee? *bi*

Anyway, touching up my prediction roster. Trying to keep myself distracted from personal issues going on irl. If only Shulk would be revealed today, that'd cheer me up xD
You are? Cool! I always like it when people are comfortable with themselves, like you. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom