• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half-Life 2 (Including the Orange Box) Mystery Portal Update!

kr3wman

Smash Master
Finally got new items yesterday, the Dead Ringer and the Huntsman, although what I really want is the ambassador and the Jarate.

And maybe some hats.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
At least you got the new stuff. I've only gotten Huntsman, 2 Jarates and an Ambassador. And the rest is just useless junk I already had. I really want cloak and dagger...
I just wish it didn't take so long, I engaged in some unhealthily long play sessions just to get some of the stuff.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Finally got new items yesterday, the Dead Ringer and the Huntsman, although what I really want is the ambassador and the Jarate.

And maybe some hats.
Saw a hat today, a Heavy had the Gridiron helmet.

I want to get Natasha and the new Flamethrower and flare gun.

Sensai

Smash Master
There are quite a few people on 'my' server (OCRemix server) that have hats. We have a heavy who's got the football helmet, a demo who's got the fro and a spy who has the fedora (which looks AWESOME).

I've finally got all the items. I got the Cloak and Dagger about 2 minutes before logging off.

I have 7 Ambassadors. Something's not random. :-/

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
There are quite a few people on 'my' server (OCRemix server) that have hats. We have a heavy who's got the football helmet, a demo who's got the fro and a spy who has the fedora (which looks AWESOME).

I've finally got all the items. I got the Cloak and Dagger about 2 minutes before logging off.

I have 7 Ambassadors. Something's not random. :-/
Last night I saw a pyro with a beanie! Most amazing thing I've ever seen.

kr3wman

Smash Master
The Dead ringer is pretty cool, although I feel as like the cloak time is a little short. sometimes I could barely get away unnoticed.

The huntsman though is a valuable sidegrade. I choose the rifle or the bow really depending on situations, and thats 50/50

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or do demomen get completely ***** by scouts?

The grenade launcher needs a buff ASAP. Not really power-wise, but how fast and how far the bombs go.
Or maybe I really suck and it's not a problem. Argh.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Is it just me, or do demomen get completely ***** by scouts?

The grenade launcher needs a buff ASAP. Not really power-wise, but how fast and how far the bombs go.
Or maybe I really suck and it's not a problem. Argh.
Demomen are supposed to get ***** by Scouts. But buffing the Pipe bombs would break it, it's already really powerful. Some people aim it VERY well, better than I can. And when it hits, it hits hard.

It's all prediction, the pipe bombs. In a scrim game, the Scout's role is to backcap, keep the enemy scouts at play, protect the Demoman, finish off those that are low, and gun for the Medic/Demoman.

Valve better keep the hatless Scout, it's an awesome glitch. And I want that stash so bad.

I rechecked the tf2wiki site. Such bad advice.

I can create a dedicated server, you know...:D An actual dedicated one.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
They nerfed the Dead Ringer too much, before I admit it was easy to avoid damage but that was fine considering how you only have 6 seconds of cloak with 16 second refill along with the loudass uncloaking noise. I found the Dead Ringer became more useless the longer I used it because people started to realize I wasn't dead after backstabbing them after they "killed" me, it got to the point where it was only good for running away and pushing the cart. Valve screwed up yet again.

Also, the Ambassador does 0 damage to buildings, so if you see an engy drop a building you can't shoot it, you either have to stab it or sap it.

Sensai

Smash Master
The Dead Ringer was way too good until this patch hit. I can't see how anyone thinks any differently. I mean, a crit rocket did ten damage and you could sit there, at any given part of the map, and just take hits over and over and over again.

Spies should not counter Pyros. Valve screwed up, but it was by NOT making the Dead Ringer as it is now.

Also, from the few tests I've done, there need to be at least 8 people in the server, although it may be 5 people on your team for you to get items.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
The Ambassador now does full critical hits on headshots, instead of mini crits
I LIKE THIS.

And Mic, you could always hear enemy spies uncloak, you just need to listen carefully for the "whoosh". They intentionally made the uncloaking sound for Dead Ringer louder so that people would be aware that a Dead Ringer was around

4% APR

Smash Champion
i may just unaware of something well known, or crazy, but as sniper i definitely heard a "psst" when i was all alone and i turned around and there was a spy. Maybe i just misheard the unclocking

Superstar

Smash Champion
Spies should not counter Pyros. Valve screwed up, but it was by NOT making the Dead Ringer as it is now.
I don't think it countered Pyros anyways, since you'll still burn while cloaked.

Well, the nerf damage wasn't in the changelog. Meh. I guess I'll see it when I play.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I finally got my second weapon! The first one was that upgraded needle gun for the Medic and today I got that bat thing which stuns opponents (I think it's called "The Sandman"?) but I'm not sure if I wanna equip it cause it removes the ability to double jump.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Is there such thing as a "noob weapon" in TF2? Cause today someone told one of my teammates that the backburner is "noob".

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Is there such thing as a "noob weapon" in TF2? Cause today someone told one of my teammates that the backburner is "noob".
Backburner is considered a "noob" weapon because only noobs don't recognize the power/usefulness of compression blast from the regular flamethrower. Now that compression blast puts out fires on teammates, it's just an even better reason to use the regular one.

I would only recommend using Backburner if you're going to stealth pyro, ie: sneak behind enemy lines, then crit flame everyone that comes out of the supply room.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Compression Blast is the pyro's best power.

You can disrupt people, defend from rockets, that kind of stuff. It's good to airblast someone you're burning, so they can't hit you you well.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The Dead Ringer was way too good until this patch hit. I can't see how anyone thinks any differently. I mean, a crit rocket did ten damage and you could sit there, at any given part of the map, and just take hits over and over and over again.

Also, from the few tests I've done, there need to be at least 8 people in the server, although it may be 5 people on your team for you to get items.
Spies never countered Pyros, even before the nerf Pyros wrecked dead ringer spies because they didn't have active cloaks so unlike with other cloaks where Pyros have to spray every corner they know exactly where you are and once they light you on fire it's over. Disguises should only be used to trick sentries, cloak does the rest but the Dead Ringer gives you very little cloak to work with and no way to refill it, forcing you to rely on your disguise for practically everything.

Also, the reason the Dead Ringer can survive almost anything is because you don't control what is going to damage you. Allowing crits, headshots and such, to kill the person using Dead Ringer would completely defeat the purpose of the item.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Mic: Nope.
One of my favorite strategies against hordes of enemies is to light them all, then compression blast them away and run.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Demomen are supposed to get ***** by Scouts. But buffing the Pipe bombs would break it, it's already really powerful. Some people aim it VERY well, better than I can. And when it hits, it hits hard.

It's all prediction, the pipe bombs. In a scrim game, the Scout's role is to backcap, keep the enemy scouts at play, protect the Demoman, finish off those that are low, and gun for the Medic/Demoman.
Yeah, I've been talkin to the people over at the tf2 forums and they've told me the same. I just need to practice more, then. Still waiting for the demoman update tho.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Doubt it's coming soon. Since day 1 all Valve's been doing is nerfing the Demoman.

Soldier too, but not as much. Just decreased his rocket spares from like 36->16, buff to 20 spares. And if you hit an enemy and yourself you take more damage.

Don't say 16/20 is a lot. It's VERY easy to run out of rockets.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The only thing that saves me from running out of rockets [apart from knowing where ammo is] is how the weapons go flying. I tend to avoid picking up ammo if I can because I know how hard it is to get buildings up with metal in short supply.

Superstar

Smash Champion
It depends on if there are buildings nearby. If there aren't any, I don't see why not. If there is, local dispensor refuels rockets.

The only thing that saves me from running out of rockets [apart from knowing where ammo is] is how the weapons go flying.
What?

Probably this is because I do more than shoot them at people. If I got a Medic I speedjump [rocket wall jumps], spam them into chokepoints if we're capping a point, and attempt rocket juggles/airshots.

kr3wman

Smash Master
how when you kill someone their weapons drop to the floor and it counts as ammo

Superstar

Smash Champion
He said go flying, so I was wondering what he meant by that. Rockets shooting, or that.

I try to do that, but then a Pyro or Scout comes and jacks it, or it's unsafe. I remember once, me and Someguy [a scrim dude, Demoman] were with a Medic, building uber to take 4th of Granary in a pub [F8AL was there I think, if he left by then I don't know]. We were heading up the stairs, and I said AHEAD of time I was out of rockets, leave it alone. Just before I grab it, a Pyro comes up, snatches the ammo, and leaves. Doesn't even respond when Someguy calls him inattentive. XD

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Hey I had an idea for the Demoman update.

Instead of his bottle he gets a Molotov Cocktail which he can throw for a big explosion but has a recharge like the Sandman but longer.

What do you think? Snazzy or no?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Achievement based unlockable items are back.

http://kotaku.com/5273095/team-fortress-2-update-adds-back-achievement-based-unlocks

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2545/

"according to the newest update, those milestone achievements are an "additional way" for Team Fortress 2 players to get newly added unlockable items like the Cloak and Dagger or Huntsman. Seems the randomized drops ushered in with the Spy/Sniper update are still in."

"Added Sniper/Spy milestone achievements as an additional way players can get the new unlockables"

Top Bottom