• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half-Life 2 (Including the Orange Box) Mystery Portal Update!

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Funny thing is that Valve just confirmed Jarate even before this update. If you look in the Mann Co product letter

Valve just became more awesome.
And they had an April Fool's advert for it, but they never specified what it did.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The update is out but the loadout and achievements are wonky, I got a razorback a few minutes after I started playing but I couldn't equip it.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
The update is out but the loadout and achievements are wonky, I got a razorback a few minutes after I started playing but I couldn't equip it.
Yeah, it's really weird right now. Hopefully it'll be back to normal for free weekend play.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I don't like this random drop stuff at all. I was on for a good hour and didn't get anything but Sensai gets on for 10 minutes and finds the Ambassador...TWICE!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I got the razorback about 3 hours ago and I didn't get jack **** since. At least with achievements you have a definite target to work to but with this you never know. It's bull****.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It's completely random, you could be in MVP 5 matches in a row and get nothing and get something while in spectator, there's no procedure it's just completely random.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What actually happens though? Do you kill someone and get something? Does it spawn somewhere, like when someone dies?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm not sure if I like the whole "razorback" thing for Snipers. How are Spies supposed to shank Snipers now without getting shocked and discovered? I guess the only class now that can beat a sniper is a quick and agile scout?

Sensai

Smash Master
Sorry...shoulda checked earlier and I coulda helped everyone out in their confusion.

The random item drop thing is just that: random. As far as I can tell, it's based on absolutely nothing....which seems odd, since I've gotten THREE Ambassadors, 2 Ubersaws, a Blutsauger, 2 Bonk drinks and the Dead Ringer. I dunno, it's very odd.

Sorry for passwording that server Supe. It wasn't my idea and I hadn't realized you'd messaged me until it was too late to respond.

Thanks for flexing that muscle, Mic.

F8AL: No, Snipers are still countered by Spies. Definitely.

The Dead Ringer is really amazing. So are mini crits. So is the Ambassador (although, it's really weird/buggy ATM).

Superstar

Smash Champion
The Ambassador is...

Let's just say I got owned 1v1.

3 hits as a Scout and I'm dead. At any range. I have to get close so I can 2HKO him, and I have to aim perfectly. Forget just cloaking, you can go in and kill stuff. Shoots fast enough. As a Soldier I'm 4-5 hit KOd. Without a Medic, I'm almost useless against a Spy with that weapon unless I have higher ground and/or can take cover. If I'm at lower ground I'm dead.

I have to get used to it.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Ambassador them when they aren't looking.

Hit them in the head at least once and it's a 2HKO.

Snipers usually put their backs to a wall already.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't use my razorback much, I just throw around jars of piss, both of them replace the SMG so you can only choose one. The razorback is nice if you just want to sit far from everyone without worrying about spies but otherwise it's not worth it to me, the jar of piss comes in very handy if a lot of people come rushing towards you.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Sorry...shoulda checked earlier and I coulda helped everyone out in their confusion.

The random item drop thing is just that: random. As far as I can tell, it's based on absolutely nothing....which seems odd, since I've gotten THREE Ambassadors, 2 Ubersaws, a Blutsauger, 2 Bonk drinks and the Dead Ringer. I dunno, it's very odd.

Sorry for passwording that server Supe. It wasn't my idea and I hadn't realized you'd messaged me until it was too late to respond.

Thanks for flexing that muscle, Mic.

F8AL: No, Snipers are still countered by Spies. Definitely.

The Dead Ringer is really amazing. So are mini crits. So is the Ambassador (although, it's really weird/buggy ATM).
*Shakes fist* Pretty hilarious yesterday when you headshotted a bunch of people through the gate with Ambassador.

4% APR

Smash Champion
this new system is terrible. I played for around an hour and got a sandvich. Great

Sensai

Smash Master
That was fixed as of yesterday. Cut Valve some slack...every major update is bound to have bugs.

And speaking of bugs, lemme throw down some knowledge: the Ambassador does LESS DAMAGE if you hit them in the head than if you hit them in the foot. Yep. Those 'headshots' are actually worth less than a normal hit. A normal hit, at point blank, does 50 damage, give or take a few while a headshot does 45, give or take a few. It's messed up.

The only thing I can think of that points to this _not_ being a bug is the fact that the headshot's damage doesn't go away with distance, since it's a crit. Point blank to a mile away, it's still the same 45 +/- 5.

@ 4% APR: Really? An hour for an item? In all honesty, that's pretty **** good, time wise.

@ Black Waltz: Jeah, haha. How many items you got now? Sniper and Spy are your two classes, right? Have you had the absolute ecstasy of playing with the BUSTED Dead Ringer yet?

More knowledge: a Spy using Dead Ringer can survive 11 Demo stickies....at the same time. Also, a crit rocket does 10 damage to a Spy using the Dead Ringer. It's silly!

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
minicrits with the ambassador aren't as rewarding as i thought they would be. it actually takes quite a few headshots to kill someone with it.

and sensai, i've gotten jarate, huntsman and ambassador for sniper/spy. and i got a whole lot of other stuff for other classes. and NO, i haven't gotten the chance to use Dead Ringer yet. it seems so cool but i always end up getting Ubersaws or Bonk!'s so it might take me a while to get it.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Ambassador was hella nerfed. Before it used Hitboxes so it was like a noscope Snifer Rifle. Now it's a normal bullet weapon so it take time to travel, slight but enough to hella nerf it.

So far, now the Revolver is better. Headshots should do more damage, srsly.

4% APR

Smash Champion
maybe an hour for an item isnt bad, but it's really frustrating to get ones i already have

Red Exodus

Smash Master
maybe an hour for an item isnt bad, but it's really frustrating to get ones i already have
I wish it took an hour for an item, tonight I got an item an hour after another but they were both sandviches. Now I have 5 sandwiches. The trading thing doesn't sound like anything worth caring about either because by the time it comes out everyone will probably have what they were so willing to trade for.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I played for 3 days, maybe a total of 6-8 hours.

I got a dead ringer, Ubersaw, and Flare Gun. =/ Least I didn't have any of them, though I could do without a Flare Gun.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I had to play for more than 50 hours to get everything except a Hunstman, I'm almost out of space for items because I keep getting so many duplicates. I have 3 razorbacks, 3 dead wringers, 2 cloak and daggers, 2 jarate and 1 ambassador. It's annoying to get the same thing over and over...

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I had to play for more than 50 hours to get everything except a Hunstman, I'm almost out of space for items because I keep getting so many duplicates. I have 3 razorbacks, 3 dead wringers, 2 cloak and daggers, 2 jarate and 1 ambassador. It's annoying to get the same thing over and over...
At least you got the new stuff. I've only gotten Huntsman, 2 Jarates and an Ambassador. And the rest is just useless junk I already had. I really want cloak and dagger...

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
yeah its pretty dumb how you can get duplicate things. No ones gonna want to trade for a flare gun because they already had it when the pyro update came out.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Really? I don't have it.

Keep in mind not everyone has been playing since launch and gotten all the achievements.

Top Bottom