• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half-Life 2 (Including the Orange Box) Mystery Portal Update!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well I met my first hacker in TF2 this morning. Thankfully he was on my team and he was using an aim bot. Everytime he saw someone on the opposite team (he was a sniper) he would get a headshot. At first I thought to myself "oh he must be really good" but then every kill he got was a headshot!

I had to mute him cause he was playing sound clips and annoying music in his mic. I hope he gets banned cause there was no admin in the game...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I saw someone using the most obvious aimbot, it's some kind of spin hack that makes you spin around extremely quickly but stops [I guess it stops when it sees a target] and fires. I spectated him in first person and there's no way anyone could play like that, just walking would be impossible but he just spun his way across the map.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Just got Half-life 2 by itself, and so far I like it. I'm still in the air boat on my way to Black Mesa East though.

I heard Tf2 is good too, so I'm thinking of getting it.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I heard, if you know what you're doing by hacking, VAC can't catch you. And if it does, TF2 isn't that expensive. TF2's team is 10 people, they can't chase VAC bots easily.

It helps to spectate someone and record a demo before accusing though. There have been some hacker claims, where people complain that he must hack, but as you soon as you spectate you'll see that he actually missed a lot of shots. Recording a demo is evidence.

4% APR

Smash Champion
i saw an auto crit solly one time. that was lame. When people started saying stuff about it he left the game. what a jerk

kr3wman

Smash Master
I played a bit today and really got my demo pipe bombing skills improved. I'm still bad, but now I can hit scouts most of the time and falling opponents (when blown in the air) Once I hit a medic as he was jumping off the rails on the side in turbine and he flew across the map but didn't die as it was the first hit.

I also went spy and just spammed the ambassador. It's pretty good. I won a duel against a spy with a rev at point-blank and headshot one as he was falling down to the underground pathway on cp_orange (Such a bad map). I also learned that you dont need to lead your shots, so I just aimed at the head and BOOM.

Pretty cool. Although most of the time I play on pubs since I dont take the game really seriously I just hate it when both the teams are horrible. Massive chokepoints and I can't do anything about it since I'm a terrible, terrible medic.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Pugs are good if you're good, or so long as you have thick skin. It's a competitive match, but with random teams.

Medic isn't hard though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvPeT-1QDPk A pub level guide.

I hate the horrible games. I've pretty much decided to work more on pocketing in pubs than roaming, cause being a roamer Soldier involves a good Medic.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Update out today:

Team Fortress 2

Added a "Discard" button to the item pickup panel.

Added a backstab custom death animation to the Heavy.

Changed default for tf_arena_use_queue to 1. This was the original behavior prior to the last update.

Changed the Dead Ringer so it can be activated while carrying the flag.

Increased the Force-A-Nature's damage by 10%.

Fixed not being able to reflect arrows with the Flamethrower. (GLORIOUS DAY FOR PYROS)

Fixed The Huntsman drawing a muzzle flash under lagged conditions.

Fixed the background color of the Spy disguise panel not always matching his disguise team.

Fixed idle players being kicked when the server has tf_arena_use_queue set to 0.

Fixed Spies not being able to sap a building if an enemy player was colliding with the building.

Fixed getting a real target ID on an enemy Spy that's disguised as one of your teammates if you are disguised as an enemy.

Fixed the Ambassador not shooting enemy sticky bombs.

Fixed Spies being able to automatically cloak after uncloaking at the moment of a weapon switch.

Fixed Jarate instantly exploding when thrown in some places, like the final area of Badwater.

Fixed spectators not having their items removed when they enter spectator mode.

Fixed Sniper "civilian" exploit where players could crash the server.

Fixed a couple of cases where viable backstabs would fail.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Every class is different (By The Spy)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFAnrdZvUtU&eurl=http://www.kotaku.com/&feature=player_embedded

Btw, how are points calculated in TF2? Cause sometimes when I'm playing capture point on granary and we have 3/5 of them, it's a stalemate but sometimes we win because we had the most points but sometimes we still have 4/5 points but we still lose...help?
When you win a round the team gets a point. At the end of the match if its a stalemate the team with the most points wins the match/round.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Increased the Force-A-Nature's damage by 10%.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Now it gives more damage than the Scattergun.

The Force-a-Nature, at first, appears to deal less less damage than the Scattergun, but in fact it deals more damage (0.9x damage per pellet times 1.2x amount of pellets is 1.08 times normal damage)
It used to do 0.8x damage. Now it's 0.9x damage [check the description for FaN in the game].

Basically, bad Scouts have a buff now. In case no one knew, FaN was made for bad Scouts to stand a chance. The Scout update was made for that, to lower the skill requirement to play the class to a basic level [cept Bonk, that's meant for bypassing Sentries but there are better uses].

Sensai

Smash Master
FAN scouts don't really piss me off...I just wonder why they're FAN scouts to begin with. Although there's more of a reason now...

But still, not enough of a reason.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I just watched a Sniper frag video. Reminds me of the good ol' days when I was the only sniper on a team pissing all my lion buddies off.

Superstar

Smash Champion
FAN scouts don't really piss me off...I just wonder why they're FAN scouts to begin with. Although there's more of a reason now...

But still, not enough of a reason.
Course not. Scatter is still better. And it's supposed to stay better, even changing FaN to be equal breaks the "balance".

This balance is basically the purpose of the FaN. Scout is one of the hardest classes to learn in the game in terms of technical skill, probably second or first hardest [depends on where you put the Demoman]. Valve designs the game for pub play, and Scouts were very unpopular for the sheer difficulty of it. So, for the Scout pack, the goal [common sense] was to make the Scout easier to use.

You can see it in the weapons. With the FaN, the first shot stuns them allowing you to get an easier second shot. That's the purpose of the weapon, an easy one two. It doesn't really knock people off points too often [that or I have good air control?], it's primary purpose is that. The Sandman too, it removes the second jump which bad Scouts can't use, and stuns people to make them nice and easy to kill.

The balance is that the FaN allows a bad Scout to have a shot, but the Scattergun is there if you want more power with more difficulty. If Valve buffed the FaN to the point where it was as good as the Scattergun, well, the FaN is easier to use, sooooooooooo...

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Grats F8AL. I would've given you one of my 4 but Valve was too lazy to implement trading.

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
I have four Sandviches and I met a guy online who had 11 Flare Guns.

Since it's my first time posting in this thread, I'll tell everyone that I play Spy, Pyro and Heavy. What's the consensus on the Backburner? Is it a newbie weapon like the FaN? Or is it used by skilled Pyros?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I've deleted too many things to count, at one point I had 6 razorbacks but I deleted all of the duplicates, the only duplicates I've left are Nataschas, sandviches, a few of the watches and ambassadors. I'm going to keep the ambassador duplicates and delete other duplicates until I have a backpack full of ambassadors.

Still no hats, I'm probably pass the 200 hour mark by now. I'd try out the idle script that deletes duplicates for you but I don't leave my PC on when I'm not using it.

Sensai

Smash Master
I JUST GOT THE MEDIC HAT!!! Mwahahahaha!

And don't use the Backburner, ever. It's clearly the inferior of the two flamethrowers.

(8 ambassadors is my high item count.)

Sensai

Smash Master
OK, since I've started playing Heavy, FAN scouts piss me off.

They're.../ashamed/....kinda effective, TBH. They really mess me up. I mean, I may just be a bad heavy (a distinct possibility, as I've only recently picked him up since the first few weeks of TF2), but they make positioning pretty difficult.

Not to mention that at any given time there seem to be about forty seven on the other team.

Superstar

Smash Champion
You get used to it.

Scatter ones are more dangerous overall, it takes 3->4 shots to down a heavy with either primary weapon.

Like it takes 4 rockets to down a Heavy at midrange to a certain far range. Exactly 4. With a Medic though, ehhhhhh. I have to gun for the Medic.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You sure meet some funny people while playing TF2. Today I was playing capture point on granary and this 12 year old kid on my team said "this F8AL guy is the worst player ever!" (even tho I had triple his score...) and then someone else on my team said "he's better than you". The 12 year old kid then proceeded to shut up.

I also love it how people excessively talk in their mics. The same 12 year old kid was telling everyone this "funny" joke he heard on a tv show last night.

Superstar

Smash Champion
^ People are like that [at F8AL]. There are also people who see my Pikachu spray and then go "FAIL", because it's misspelled.

http://www.gamesprays.com/team-fortress-2/funny-sprays/spy-sprays/dont-trust-picachu/

Also, the other funny people are those that take pubs too seriously or give bad advice. In other words, people who:
- Say X person sucks
- Say "My team" sucks
- General actually expect people to try
- Say Kritzkreig is inferior to Ubercharge [many times, Kritz >>>> Uber, other times Uber >>>> Kritz]
- Say "Never uber a Soldier" [this made me lol]

It's common knowledge than 90% of TF2 players are TERRIBLE. But I try to keep it to myself, if I tell anyone it's to someone over Steam, never ingame. Pubs are generally the realm of bad people, might as well get used to it, it's not the place for a competitive attitude. Course, some things make me lol:
- Medics who stick to one person. Not necessarily just follow one person, I mean if someone is burning to death next to them they won't switch.
- Classic W+M1 Pyro. A few I die because I'm wondering whether to beware of airblast or not. Usually there was no need.
- People who fight while standing still. This includes a Scout using Scattergun from across the map without moving.
- People who think they are invincible [not in words, by action]. If you're a Heavy and you're taking massive fire, and there's a Soldier/Medic next to you, let the Soldier step in front for a bit and retreat for a heal.
- People who leave safe havens cause they saw you and 5 other teammates, and want to take on all of you [usually Pyros].
- People who don't see strength in numbers. Oftentimes a Medic chooses to follow me, but no one wants to stay close to the Medic. So I either have to go out of my way to follow people who don't appreciate Medic backup, or attempt to be a 1 man army.
- People who don't follow ubers. Ubers are shields, if someone ubers out, follow them and give backup. This rings double if the ubered dude is a Soldier, he has only a clip size of 4, in other word limits.

With a little effort I can make a larger list.

Top Bottom