• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'd probably believe this more if it weren't for the fact that the songs are literally ripped right out of SF2. But who knows?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm not going to believe it until I see a trailer but I'm okay with Ryu.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I don't believe this for a second. Two Capcom characters? Really? Nobody has been clamoring for Ryu. This seems like an elaborate hoax. After the Rayman incident, I'll believe nothing.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
I don't believe this for a second. Two Capcom characters? Really? Nobody has been clamoring for Ryu. This seems like an elaborate hoax. After the Rayman incident, I'll believe nothing.
This.
Combine this with the fact that Sakurai said he wants no fighting game characters, that Roy would be redundant, and the lack of definitive proof...I'm calling hoax.

The only way this may end up being true is if Smash vs Capcom is happening, which...would be really cool and I'm all for.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

Quillion

Smash Hero
Yeah, I've decided that this is a definite hoax.

There's still that unwritten one per third-party rule. Sakurai wouldn't treat one third party as greater than any other, and having any more than one per third party would just result in the third parties taking over the game.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Hum , so the guy that posted it have a extremely good reputation on Reddit , and he go and do that for what reason?
for his reputation go to waste?
I believe

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I don't there is a character more iconic from Capcom/Namco/Sega (that isn't already in Smash) than Ryu. So in that regard it makes sense. But the fact that the music isn't even remixed is certainly a red flag. I'm very much skeptical of this leak. Roy will probably happen at some point anyway I figure though. Unless they only do one or two characters in the ballet after Mewtwo and Lucas that is.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't there is a character more iconic from Capcom/Namco/Sega (that isn't already in Smash) than Ryu. So in that regard it makes sense. But the fact that the music isn't even remixed is certainly a red flag. I'm very much skeptical of this leak. Roy will probably happen at some point anyway I figure though. Unless they only do one or two characters in the ballet after Mewtwo and Lucas that is.
I agree with the music part. I mean, there is no way that Nintendo would really include an old version of a tune like that as a victory theme. There has to be a more updated version of that if it's to be used in the game.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Sonic didn't get any remixes period ya know

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Sonic didn't get any remixes period ya know
Sonic was also in a similar position in that he was a third party character that was more of an afterthought, main difference being his getting into brawl, which didn't have an option for dlc.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Sonic was also in a similar position in that he was a third party character that was more of an afterthought, main difference being his getting into brawl, which didn't have an option for dlc.
Changes nothing.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Get out, Ryu. You already stole Megaman's 20th anniversary... everything. We don't want you here.

(Five bananas says that Capcom had some sort of clause saying "If you make DLC, Ryu must be one of the characters available if you want to use Megaman.")

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ya'll acting ridiculous.

Like Ryu ain't a gaming icon or something.

Like he can't get into Smash just because you know he's a ****ing fighting game legend.

Nope, totally Evil! Capcom ruining Megaman's party again.

Whatever.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Jesus Burgess Christ, I can already imagine the number of Ryu x Little Mac fanfictions that will spawn the day he's revealed. But hey, yaoi fangirls are freaking everywhere! :troll:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Jesus Burgess Christ, I can already imagine the number of Ryu x Little Mac fanfictions that will spawn the day he's revealed. But hey, yaoi fangirls are freaking everywhere! :troll:
Why nobody making jokes about the only 2 videogame guys who defeated myke tyson.

Whats with the ryu hate? I mean i would prefer V. Joe and i dob like street fighter but ryu is kind of a big deal. Nota gaming icon or anything :rolleyes:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Just a thing... once, Yoshinori Ono (the director of Street Fighter) said he had high interests in the idea of Capcom characters against Nintendo characters...
http://www.cubed3.com/news/15105/1/ono-nintendo-x-capcom-ask-sakurai.html

but, he also had to apologize, some weeks after (since that turned to bring a big speculation for a possible Nintendo vs. Capcom game) saying that a crossover like that was pretty unlikely;
http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/02/05/apologizing-for-nintendo-vs-capcom

...maybe (just maybe) Ryu in Smash was the way that Ono and Sakurai found to interact Street Fighter with Nintendo characters.. who knows? (I'd be okay with this... Street Fighter is one my favorite franchises, and Ryu is one of my favorite characters there... I'm just not buying all this stuff for now).

Last edited:

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why people are not excited about this. Man, Ryu is an iconic character of video gaming and fighting genre. Why not?

Also, I have to say there's something wrong here... or at least it doesn't make sense at the moment. Sound clips are pretty SNES-style, there should be a new stage, why releasing this clips when it is not even hinted, etc. Two reps for Capcom? Street Fighter III didn't make it for Nintendo and IV just had a ****ty version for 3DS. Why Ryu? The new SFV is gonna be on PC and PS4 only, as it is funded by Sony... something is odd here...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't know why people are not excited about this. Man, Ryu is an iconic character of video gaming and fighting genre. Why not?

Also, I have to say there's something wrong here... or at least it doesn't make sense at the moment. Sound clips are pretty SNES-style, there should be a new stage, why releasing this clips when it is not even hinted, etc. Two reps for Capcom? Street Fighter III didn't make it for Nintendo and IV just had a ****ty version for 3DS. Why Ryu? The new SFV is gonna be on PC and PS4 only, as it is funded by Sony... something is odd here...
Well speaking personally I haven't played many Street Fighter games, so you're not going to get any excitement from me.

The only Street Fighter I've ever played was the 4th one on the 3DS and that was only because it was the most appealing out of a poor selection of launch games. It was amusing for a while but it's not really my cup of tea.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Let me remind you guys that back when Smash 4 was announced, Sakurai did mention try to get 1 or 2 Capcom characters:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/06/09/e3-2011-super-smash-bros-was-a-miracle

Development on the title hasn't begun yet, but it's encouraging that Mr. Sakurai sees the biggest hurdle as one of ensuring a good fit, as opposed to other potential complications. Given that both Solid Snake and Sonic appeared in Brawl, a classic Capcom character or two could definitely work in the new title.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
And because of the fact that Capcom gets to have two reps, Sophitia and AiAi are shoo-ins at this point. It would be pretty unfair if a greedy company like Capcom gets most of the love in Smash. :troll:
I wish on Sophitia, or Casandra or at least Yoshimitsu. Klonoa could be next. Oddly my pick for second reps for the third parties already in is Ryu-Sophitia-Bayonetta as with that Bayo could have chances.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Pretty much my thoughts on the matter:

Not a fan of Street Fighter and I find Ryu super boring. I don't like the fact that this gives credence to the idea that many (if not all) the DLC characters were already picked. The only upside to this is that if they're going to announce two more DLC characters at E3, there's probably going to be more than what we previously expected when it comes to DLC.
I'm going disagree and state that these characters are probably totally seperate, if they exist than any characters that would come from the ballot, meaning that not all DLC characters have been picked beforehand, because we have to get someone from the ballot.

Also, I still think we're missing Wolf. Even if all this is real, I get the feeling we aren't seeing the whole picture here.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792

Nintendo probably made a deal with Capcom. SFV on Wii U and Ryu on Smash, both parts wins considering Street Fighter titles usually big sellers and Smash is the best promotion platform.

I'm not a big fan of Street Fighter but he would be a nice addition to the roster, considering he would bring an entire wave of new fans to Smash 4 and potential Wii U buyers.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Nintendo probably made a deal with Capcom. SFV on Wii U and Ryu on Smash, both parts wins considering Street Fighter titles usually big sellers and Smash is the best promotion platform.

I'm not a big fan of Street Fighter but he would be a nice addition to the roster, considering he would bring an entire wave of new fans to Smash 4 and potential Wii U buyers.
Which makes the whole thing make alot of sense, and more than likely just means we'll get more DLC characters than we thought. Which makes sense, considering Smash is partly a massive fanservice/advertisement machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom