• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I like Alpha 3 by the stage themes, the amount of characters (and the newcomers were all very interesting), the story and such.. but... by the competitive side, it doesn't compare to Alpha 2! --And, of course, I didn't start to play fighting games just by the competitive scene (in fact, I'm an average player in most of the FG I play, including Smash =P), but when I play with friends, it's always Alpha 2!
~Oh, and absolutely; Alpha 2 has better design for menus, better music, and everything... felt like a natural evolution from SFII, but in the theme of youth, that was the game feeling with all the characters being prepared for future events. :)

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Alpha 2 had my favorite OST, but I liked the increased amount of characters in Alpha 3.

EDIT: New OP? I was looking for the Luigi Avatar while scrolling for this thread. :laugh:

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Actually, the new OP is supposed to be me. (I was hiding that for be a surprise =P).. but I asked for BKuppa666, and he couldn't do that in the moment (and an error occurred and the second poster was made the OP);.. But I'm working in a revamped first page and everything will be right. XD

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Actually, the new OP is supposed to be me. (I was hiding that for be a surprise =P).. but I asked for BKuppa666, and he couldn't do that in the moment (and an error occurred and the second poster was made the OP);.. But I'm working in a revamped first page and everything will be right. XD
Well, I'm glad you're up for it. You put a lot of effort into your work.

Wish you luck, good sir!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I was hoping you'd take over if a new thread owner was deemed necessary.

I've never met anybody more passionate about Ryu in Smash. :3

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Really Thanks! I do my best! (actually, for all those characters I want; but Ryu seems to need that extra help from me XD);

I'll meet the expectations being the new OP, I promise. =)

LipePereira

Smash Cadet
NNID
LipePereira
Hey guys! What's good?

So as all of you might have heard, rumors are that some characters will be coming back to smash (Roy) and some brand new ones will join (Ryu).

Personally, even though I think Ryu is not a very good fit for smash, I still think that he is one of the most iconic characters in video game history and I can see him joining the fight. Plus, SF is my favorite video game ever.

So, I just wanted to start a thread to speculate about what you guys thing those characters will be :)

Here are my thoughts on Ryu (since I honestly think they won't change roy much)

Also, even though there is a chance of them not having customs, I included some stuff that I think would be cool for that.

Specials:

Neutral B

1 - Hadouken.
Most projectiles in the game are NB, so why would Ryu's be different? Since a great deal of his strategy on SF is around mixing up different hadouken speeds, that should be a thing in smash. I'm not quite sure about how that would work (a charging system maybe?), however it could even be changed to his Side B so we can at least have tilt B and smash B for different speeds. The Air version just goes straight forward as well.

2 - Fire Hadouken
This one comes from his Evil Ryu form, it has a slower startup but causes multiple hits and jugle potential (or knowckdown). Since this was originally Akuma's thing, Ryu could also inherit his Air Hadouken that goes diagonally down when using this.

3 - Charged Hadouken
All other shotos (for those not familiar with SF, that's how we call Ryu, Ken, Akuma and so on) have fairly similar fireballs, except for one: Sakura. So for the third slot I would put a Sakura'esque fireball that you can charge to huge sizes and travels slowly and for shor distances. It would be awesome if it could be angled upwards to resemble her Ultra combo in SF4.

Up B

1 - Shoryuken
This is so obvious it hurts lol. Regular SF Ryu DP. It causes some juggle potential (although in smash it would be impossible to combo after an UP B), perhaps impossible to tech? and should have some invincibility frames. It travels upwards with some forward movement as well. Like in SF, Ryu's DP should have some landing lag.

2 - Fire Shoryuken
This is based on Ken's HP Shoryuken from SF4. Sets the oponent on fire an does more damage. Instead of single strong hit, this should have multiple hits. Like in SF, Ken's DP should have less landing lag, but travel further up, leaving you open for air punishes. This should also have less invincibility.

3 - Shouken
This is sakura's uppercut. It travels horizontally on the ground before ascending in the end. For those not familiar with the series, kinda like Falcon's side B, but she jumps in the end in a short Shoryuken. This should do the most damage when it hits the whole thing, but also have no invincibility. In the air, this can probably be good for horizontal recovery but not so much for vertical like the previous ones.

Now I will probably step on uncharted territory, since I have some ideas that a lot of people don't like to agree with:

Side B

1 - Tatsumaki Senpukiaku
Ryu's classic ATTACKTHATFRUITKID kick. Should have a lot of horizontal KB and hit only once. It would probably be cool if the oponent could duck under it as well. Although it send the oponent flying after a hit (thus not connecting anything after) it should put a lot of shield pressure. Goes and a parabolical movement in the air (raises up and then descends near the end)

2 - Tatsumaki Zankukyaku
This also comes from Evil Ryu and Akuma (and kinda works like Ken's). This is a multi hit hurricane kick that can be comboed afterwards. Should deal less shield damage but cannot be ducked under. This should go in a straight forward direction when used in the air.

3 - Shunpukyaku
Again, Sakura is in custom 3. On the ground this goes in a parabolical fashion as well and launches upwards in the end. In the air it just follows the previous momentum and adds a little upwards momentum to it.

Down B

1 - Focus Atack
This is Street Fighter 4's signature move. Ryu gains armor and can charge up to three different levels that have different effects. To play it safe, let's just go with SF4 way: Level one causes little hitstun and leave you in a 50/50, level two causes ZSS Gun like stun that you can follow up and level three is some falcon punch level stuff. In the air you will just be charge falling... It would be neat if it could be dash canceled in some way (on hit maybe?) since that's like a huge thing in SF4 hahahah

2 - Parry
Once again, this is a signature move. From the highly praised SF3 (for those who are unaware, this is kinda like Melee for us). The parry is a counter that doesn't straight up attack back, just disarms the oponent and leaves them open for an attack. The "stun" timer depends on the move parried. Should leave ryu open if it misses off course.

3 - Alpha Counter
Once again, a signature move. This is from the Alpha series and it works pretty much like a counter that all the other characters have. On SF it follows up with a pre determined move (Shoryuken in Ryu's Case) so it would be neat if it would hit with whatever move is on the Up B slot.

One alternative would be having the SFV power up mode or even an EX meter bar that you would charge with down B and use it to enhance special moves.

Normals

There is not much to be said about normals, since we can just import normals from many SF moves. However I would like to highlight some of them here that I think are somehow iconic in the series.

Down Smash : Ryu's Sweep. The number 1 combo tool for everyone playing SF for the first time. Jump Kick > Sweep lol.

Down Tilt: Ryu's Low Medium Kick (low forward). Always considered to be Ryu's best normals (just watch any Pro Ryu and you'll see how many of these they throw out followed by a fireball)

Forward Smash: Ryu's Diarrhea Kick. This move is from Third Strike as well, and is a strong mule kick that launches horizontally. On SF you could even combo after a wall bounce.

Some moves I think should be in somehow: his Solar Plexus Strike and his Colarbone Breaker. Also his Iconic Jump Hard Kick as a forward/neutral air and his Jump Medium Punch that leaves oponents open for juggles since the old school Super Turbo days.

Final Smash:

This is also obvious, something hadouken related. Could be the kamehameha from the marvel games, the big hadoukens from the main games. Some alternatives include: an awesome looking combo involving everything on his arsenal ending on a FADC combo (I would orgasm so hard for this one), or copying megaman in a team tag combo with Ken and Chun Li would be amazing.

That's what I think about Ryu, and I'm actually hyped for hi. If you're not however I can see where you come from and how he is not a very good fit for smash.

Tell me your opinions below :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spirst

@ LipePereira LipePereira I have merged your thread with the Ryu thread here in the character discussion subforum. It's much more better placed here.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Hey guys! What's good?

So as all of you might have heard, rumors are that some characters will be coming back to smash (Roy) and some brand new ones will join (Ryu).

Personally, even though I think Ryu is not a very good fit for smash, I still think that he is one of the most iconic characters in video game history and I can see him joining the fight. Plus, SF is my favorite video game ever.

So, I just wanted to start a thread to speculate about what you guys thing those characters will be :)

Here are my thoughts on Ryu (since I honestly think they won't change roy much)

Also, even though there is a chance of them not having customs, I included some stuff that I think would be cool for that.

Specials:

Neutral B

1 - Hadouken.
Most projectiles in the game are NB, so why would Ryu's be different? Since a great deal of his strategy on SF is around mixing up different hadouken speeds, that should be a thing in smash. I'm not quite sure about how that would work (a charging system maybe?), however it could even be changed to his Side B so we can at least have tilt B and smash B for different speeds. The Air version just goes straight forward as well.

2 - Fire Hadouken
This one comes from his Evil Ryu form, it has a slower startup but causes multiple hits and jugle potential (or knowckdown). Since this was originally Akuma's thing, Ryu could also inherit his Air Hadouken that goes diagonally down when using this.

3 - Charged Hadouken
All other shotos (for those not familiar with SF, that's how we call Ryu, Ken, Akuma and so on) have fairly similar fireballs, except for one: Sakura. So for the third slot I would put a Sakura'esque fireball that you can charge to huge sizes and travels slowly and for shor distances. It would be awesome if it could be angled upwards to resemble her Ultra combo in SF4.

Up B

1 - Shoryuken
This is so obvious it hurts lol. Regular SF Ryu DP. It causes some juggle potential (although in smash it would be impossible to combo after an UP B), perhaps impossible to tech? and should have some invincibility frames. It travels upwards with some forward movement as well. Like in SF, Ryu's DP should have some landing lag.

2 - Fire Shoryuken
This is based on Ken's HP Shoryuken from SF4. Sets the oponent on fire an does more damage. Instead of single strong hit, this should have multiple hits. Like in SF, Ken's DP should have less landing lag, but travel further up, leaving you open for air punishes. This should also have less invincibility.

3 - Shouken
This is sakura's uppercut. It travels horizontally on the ground before ascending in the end. For those not familiar with the series, kinda like Falcon's side B, but she jumps in the end in a short Shoryuken. This should do the most damage when it hits the whole thing, but also have no invincibility. In the air, this can probably be good for horizontal recovery but not so much for vertical like the previous ones.

Now I will probably step on uncharted territory, since I have some ideas that a lot of people don't like to agree with:

Side B

1 - Tatsumaki Senpukiaku
Ryu's classic ATTACKTHATFRUITKID kick. Should have a lot of horizontal KB and hit only once. It would probably be cool if the oponent could duck under it as well. Although it send the oponent flying after a hit (thus not connecting anything after) it should put a lot of shield pressure. Goes and a parabolical movement in the air (raises up and then descends near the end)

2 - Tatsumaki Zankukyaku
This also comes from Evil Ryu and Akuma (and kinda works like Ken's). This is a multi hit hurricane kick that can be comboed afterwards. Should deal less shield damage but cannot be ducked under. This should go in a straight forward direction when used in the air.

3 - Shunpukyaku
Again, Sakura is in custom 3. On the ground this goes in a parabolical fashion as well and launches upwards in the end. In the air it just follows the previous momentum and adds a little upwards momentum to it.

Down B

1 - Focus Atack
This is Street Fighter 4's signature move. Ryu gains armor and can charge up to three different levels that have different effects. To play it safe, let's just go with SF4 way: Level one causes little hitstun and leave you in a 50/50, level two causes ZSS Gun like stun that you can follow up and level three is some falcon punch level stuff. In the air you will just be charge falling... It would be neat if it could be dash canceled in some way (on hit maybe?) since that's like a huge thing in SF4 hahahah

2 - Parry
Once again, this is a signature move. From the highly praised SF3 (for those who are unaware, this is kinda like Melee for us). The parry is a counter that doesn't straight up attack back, just disarms the oponent and leaves them open for an attack. The "stun" timer depends on the move parried. Should leave ryu open if it misses off course.

3 - Alpha Counter
Once again, a signature move. This is from the Alpha series and it works pretty much like a counter that all the other characters have. On SF it follows up with a pre determined move (Shoryuken in Ryu's Case) so it would be neat if it would hit with whatever move is on the Up B slot.

One alternative would be having the SFV power up mode or even an EX meter bar that you would charge with down B and use it to enhance special moves.

Normals

There is not much to be said about normals, since we can just import normals from many SF moves. However I would like to highlight some of them here that I think are somehow iconic in the series.

Down Smash : Ryu's Sweep. The number 1 combo tool for everyone playing SF for the first time. Jump Kick > Sweep lol.

Down Tilt: Ryu's Low Medium Kick (low forward). Always considered to be Ryu's best normals (just watch any Pro Ryu and you'll see how many of these they throw out followed by a fireball)

Forward Smash: Ryu's Diarrhea Kick. This move is from Third Strike as well, and is a strong mule kick that launches horizontally. On SF you could even combo after a wall bounce.

Some moves I think should be in somehow: his Solar Plexus Strike and his Colarbone Breaker. Also his Iconic Jump Hard Kick as a forward/neutral air and his Jump Medium Punch that leaves oponents open for juggles since the old school Super Turbo days.

Final Smash:

This is also obvious, something hadouken related. Could be the kamehameha from the marvel games, the big hadoukens from the main games. Some alternatives include: an awesome looking combo involving everything on his arsenal ending on a FADC combo (I would orgasm so hard for this one), or copying megaman in a team tag combo with Ken and Chun Li would be amazing.

That's what I think about Ryu, and I'm actually hyped for hi. If you're not however I can see where you come from and how he is not a very good fit for smash.

Tell me your opinions below :)
Some things I wrote a while ago:
Smash 4 Ryu moveset:

Making dat Ryu moveset:
Ryu's neutral combo: Light Punch -> Short -> Fierce.
Nair: Jumping Roundhouse from Street fighter 2/4, basically a long range sex kick.
Fair: Jumping fierce.
Dair: Evil Ryu dive kick.
Bair: Ummmm..... Something? :p

Neutral B: Hadouken, tap B for light version, press B for the heavy variation.
Side B: Tatsumaki (Hurricane kick), tap B for light version, press B for the heavy variation.
Up B: Shoryuken, tap B for light version, press B for the heavy variation.
down B: Donkey Kick, tap B for light version, press B for the heavy variation.
Final smash: Shin Shoryuken with cinematics like in SF4.

Dtilt: Cr. medium kick from SF3 Third Strike. Having this move to be cancellable to his specials like Hadouken or DP like in street Fighter would be godlike.
Utilt: Cr. fierce, can working as an anti air.
Filt: High kick from UMvC3.

FSmash: Heavy attack from SVC Chaos (I think that's where its from).
USmash: No clue :p
DSmash: No clue either :p

He can also have them shoto's as colour alts: Ken, Gouken, Gotetsu, Sean, Akuma, Sakura, Dan, Classic Red Ryu)

1. Hadouken: Fires a blue Ki fireball. Tap special for lighter version.*

2. Denjin Hadouken: Fires a yellow tinted Ki fireball which stuns opponents for a short time. Hits twice and is effective against shields and breaks Heavy Armour and some Super Armour.

3. Gou Hadouken: Fires a Dark Purple Ki Blast that is stronger than normal, but has shorter range. Fires diagonally in mid-air and two smaller fireballs can be thrown while in midair.

*Applies for all versions of the move.

1. Shoryuken: A strong rising uppercut that can be cancelled from a few normal moves. Tap special for lighter version.*

2. Flame Shoryuken: A shorter Flaming Shoryuken that does more hits based on the lighter or heavy versions.

3. Dragon Smash: Slightly weaker than the normal Shoryuken, but with a meteor attack at the apex of the attack.

*Applies for all moves.

1. Tatsumaki Senpukyaku: A hurricane kick that strikes once, but hard. Tap special for lighter version.*

2. Tatsumaki Gorasen: A multi-hit hurricane kick that spins upwards and end in a swift, but powerful kick that is also a meteor smash. Spins across like normal in the air.

3. Shunpukyaku: A twirling kick that rises and floats back down while spinning that also ends in a launcher kick for follow up combos. Also good against shields.

*Applies for all moves.

1. Joudan Sokutogeri: A powerful forward stepping kick that sends enemies flying. Sweetspot at the foot, sourspot at the body. Tap for lighter version.*

2. Lightning Joudan Sokutogeri: A weaker kick that doesn't step forward, but comes out almost instantly and stuns. Very vulnerable during start-up.

3. Tornado Joudan Sokutogeri: A forward stepping kick that sends out tornado like wind gusts.

*Applies to all moves.

1. Focus Attack: Ryu gets into a stance and unleashes a powerful punch forward punch. Super Armour last for one hit the during charge, any damage taken is halved will slowly deplete to original %. Cancellable with shield and can break shields easily.

2. Red Focus: A Focus Attack that flashes Red and will take damage upon activation and more will be taken the more it is used. During the start up it has unlimited Super armour during the entire charge. Any damage taken will be halved. Can break shields.

3. Counter Focus: A focus attack that acts as a normal counter. Any damage taken will be halved and will slowly deplete back too original %. Cancellable with shield.

bruh.
Interesting to make the comparison between both.

But to be honest, Donkey Kick just doesn't seem like a FSmash to me. Also, it would have to be hella fast and have Super Armour on it just so you can't get hit out of the inital step forward of the attack.

Last edited:

BloodRawKnuckle

Smash Rookie
NNID
BloodRawKnuckle
Far as I'm concerned, Ryu has more warrant for the roster as a Capcom rep than Megaman's ever had. Megaman, to me, was one of Capcom's and platforming's biggest has-beens since people were clamoring for him to be in Brawl (though I admit I was more vocal in my support towards the idea of Viewtiful Joe than Ryu), whereas Ryu at the time was proving to still be going pretty damn strong with the release of Street Fighter IV. To this day, I think that status quo has yet to change. And even taking the implications from success out of the equation, Ryu has never struck me as any less a representative of Capcom than Megaman, on top of being the face of Street Fighter AND the fighting game genre as a whole (the only other character in the genre close to that level probably being Mortal Kombat's Scorpion...whom would be a dream come true for me, but I digress).

Yeah, I support it.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Thanks! And welcome to our journey World Warrior! (and welcome to Smashboards!, seems to be your first post, huh?) Soon I'll be updating the first page with a complete support list, and you will be there for sure. =)

Last edited:

LipePereira

Smash Cadet
NNID
LipePereira
I tried to create an entire moveset for him already, so I don't even know if I need to say this, but

Count me in, I totally support ryu.

I'm sorry link, but I'll be zoning with hadouken from now on.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yeah, go ahead and count me as a supporter too. Ryu is a character I never knew I really wanted until the leak.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Well, I have already everything done to revamp the front post; but I'm just waiting the Admin change me as OP;
as we wait; I made one more thing; ... represents well the path of Ryu in crossovers. =P;

Last edited:

chuckthesmashlover

Smash Journeyman
Far as I'm concerned, Ryu has more warrant for the roster as a Capcom rep than Megaman's ever had. Megaman, to me, was one of Capcom's and platforming's biggest has-beens since people were clamoring for him to be in Brawl (though I admit I was more vocal in my support towards the idea of Viewtiful Joe than Ryu), whereas Ryu at the time was proving to still be going pretty damn strong with the release of Street Fighter IV. To this day, I think that status quo has yet to change. And even taking the implications from success out of the equation, Ryu has never struck me as any less a representative of Capcom than Megaman, on top of being the face of Street Fighter AND the fighting game genre as a whole (the only other character in the genre close to that level probably being Mortal Kombat's Scorpion...whom would be a dream come true for me, but I digress).

Yeah, I support it.
I think both Mega Man and Ryu deserve to be in. Companies can have more than one important character.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Capcom is lucky for having two characters with so much impact in the industry (besides all the their current ideology of business);.. few companies have the same opportunity (if much, other companies just have their respective mascots as something with high visibility and recognition)

=)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Right now i'm making a quick video for Ryu. It's just a little test before i finish making my other Smash bros DLC videos.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Nice to know! --Which kind of video are you planning? You will talk about the character and your support, or what?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Nice to know! --Which kind of video are you planning? You will talk about the character and your support, or what?
Well the first is taking about how Ryu would be represented for the first one. The others revolve around Wonder Red and, actually, the characters i support.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
While I can't do my planned revamp in the thread, what about some SF covers to bump the discussion? -- I know that most of them are old news, but still too good to be ignored.. need the revisiting; =P

Banjo, Kazoo (gah-huh!) and acapella:

Valentine22

Smash Rookie
Who hasn't heard of Ryu? He's an iconic and classic video game character with very good ties with Nintendo, so he would be a very safe bet if Mega Man wasn't confirmed and Sakurai didn't make that claim about fighting game characters. So in other words, I'm certainly not expecting him. Still, I thought a thread was necessary for my favorite Street Fighter.

Be sure to post movesets, stage ideas and more so I can expand the OP a little.
Everything is coming soon, so be sure to keep an eye on the Ryu thread!

Here's Ryu's theme to listen to while discussing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0l1GUzJRj4

Edit: Hey, what a cool way to celebrate my 1050th post on Smashboards!

Supporters:
Mega Bidoof
KingofPhantoms47
MorbidAltruism
APC99
Tepig2000
Crap-Zapper
Kamiko
Thekewlusername
SuperBrawler
Gune
Rockaphin

And here's a signature icon for your troubles.

the announcer in Alpha 3 is nothing less than memorable; Is just amazing. XD

-------04/29
EDIT: I'd bump the thread with double post, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed; .. but, anyway, I made this GIF;..

Let's see how many people will get the reference. =P
Nice Street Fighter Anniversary Collection reference there. Props to you.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I love the Kazoo so much, so catchy XD :p
Yes, it is XD.. I wish that some more YouTube musicians made more Street Fighter music; They usually stick with the classics Ken, Ryu and Guile themes from SFII. =P.. but there's so many good music spreaded in other games in the series;
-I'm aware of some guitar remixes and such; but personally, I like those things with more authenticity.

Nice Street Fighter Anniversary Collection reference there. Props to you.
hah! Thanks! .. Glad you noticed! =P

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Yes, it is XD.. I wish that some more YouTube musicians made more Street Fighter music; They usually stick with the classics Ken, Ryu and Guile themes from SFII. =P.. but there's so many good music spreaded in other games in the series;
-I'm aware of some guitar remixes and such; but personally, I like those things with more authenticity.

hah! Thanks! .. Glad you noticed! =P
Yeah, true dat.

Especially something like T.Hawk's theme or Fei Long's theme.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Dee Jay's Theme is highly underrated! Especially when we stop to think about that the concept of character itself is built on music. =P

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Beats, Beats, Beats, Beats in my head!!!
(when I was younger, was hard to understand this lyrics, hahah XD)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Oh, in the subject of CvS music; in the first game, there's a kind of electronic remix of Ryu Theme (is very known), and between the song, they put some random phrases.. and there's a slogan from a Brazilian beer brand, totally ripped from an old commercial.. lol, It always get me when I hear; XD

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
probably; Kyle Hebert has been voicing the character for 7 years; .. he's a good voice actor, but ... eh.. I prefer the Japanese Voice; sounds more fitting (for obvious reasons =P).
~I wish Smash4 had a language switch. =\

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'm hoping Kyle returns for his voice actor. I'm that weird guy that prefers the English voice actors.

Especially Juri and Balrog.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yeah, they'll probably just pull a Sonic and pull voice samples from SF4/SFxT. I mean, they don't really need to record new clips for someone like Ryu if you think about it.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm hoping Kyle returns for his voice actor. I'm that weird guy that prefers the English voice actors.

Especially Juri and Balrog.
Oh, some other characters the english voice fits better than others.. Balrog is a good example (and Cody;... which his JPN voice kinda sucks :p )... And while I love Japanese Juri, her english voice actress is soooooooo perfect. =P

Yeah, they'll probably just pull a Sonic and pull voice samples from SF4/SFxT. I mean, they don't really need to record new clips for someone like Ryu if you think about it.
Some one or another new clips for his Victory Poses would be nice; referring to the circumstances; like, fighting Mario for the first time or something. =P

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I think I might try and write up a Palutena Guidance for Ryu soon. I'll post it when I'm done.

Oh, some other characters the english voice fits better than others.. Balrog is a good example (and Cody;... which his JPN voice kinda sucks :p )... And while I love Japanese Juri, her english voice actress is soooooooo perfect. =P
I like using her EX Pinwheel kick. Orah orah ORAH ORAH ORAH!!!

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Juri's laugh in Japanese is priceless. =P.. while english Juri has an incredible tone of provocation... like when you dodge an attack with her Kasatushi and she says "Over heere.. " I just love it. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom