• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja Patch 1.0.4 changes

MartinAW4

Smash Journeyman
Yes that is what I mean.

Really? I feel like I am always wishing I could do that with Geninja. A majority of the time I knock them off and want to finish them, but have to sit there and wait since none of his moves can cover that lower portion of the screen. There are so many missed KOs and pressure opportunities. Not being able to threaten them there gives them too much time to think about what to do next. It feels like it kills the flow and gives them a chance for a comeback.

SS depending on how far the character's FSmash is.
Yes, even in tournaments I almost never see it used this way. I had trouble finding even that one match where it was used. If they are so close that I would want to run off Fair, they are often in range of Dsmash or a run off Bair stage spike and if they are farther, I can get them with my short hop RAR Bair. There`s a very narrow spot where I cannot do any of these and even then I can still charge a Water Shuriken or hit them with Hydro Pump, so it`s not really a missed opportunity to attack, you just have to use different tools. But overall, it`s very rare for me to send the opponent off stage so close to the ledge that I wouldn`t have time to hit them with Bair. Usually if they`re at high enough % to get sent off stage, they get launched pretty far.
However you as a Sheik main might have a different play style with Greninja which puts you in such situations more often than me. Do you know which move you use to send them off stage so close to the ledge?

So you`re saying that characters with long ranged Fsmashes could hit Greninja using SS? I`m not sure whether they can since it never happened to me but if you`re afraid of getting hit while recovering, you can fall down a bit more and land the SS from slightly underneath the stage where you are safe and SS still hits thanks to its nice vertical range.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
Yes, even in tournaments I almost never see it used this way. I had trouble finding even that one match where it was used. If they are so close that I would want to run off Fair, they are often in range of Dsmash or a run off Bair stage spike and if they are farther, I can get them with my short hop RAR Bair. There`s a very narrow spot where I cannot do any of these and even then I can still charge a Water Shuriken or hit them with Hydro Pump, so it`s not really a missed opportunity to attack, you just have to use different tools. But overall, it`s very rare for me to send the opponent off stage so close to the ledge that I wouldn`t have time to hit them with Bair. Usually if they`re at high enough % to get sent off stage, they get launched pretty far.
However you as a Sheik main might have a different play style with Greninja which puts you in such situations more often than me. Do you know which move you use to send them off stage so close to the ledge?

So you`re saying that characters with long ranged Fsmashes could hit Greninja using SS? I`m not sure whether they can since it never happened to me but if you`re afraid of getting hit while recovering, you can fall down a bit more and land the SS from slightly underneath the stage where you are safe and SS still hits thanks to its nice vertical range.

Yeah my friend mains Pit and his FSmash is disjointed.

It's not so much that I used a move that put them out there, it's that I'm used to KOing people there like in this video

Right when he throws the Metal Blade. That is the portion of the screen I want to cover. The only option I can think of right now is just to fall off and hit them with an angled HP.

Last edited:

MartinAW4

Smash Journeyman
Yeah my friend mains Pit and his FSmash is disjointed.

It's not so much that I used a move that put them out there, it's that I'm used to KOing people there like in this video

Right when he throws the Metal Blade. That is the portion of the screen I want to cover. The only option I can think of right now is just to fall off and hit them with an angled HP.
That`s like the perfect distance for a RAR Bair which would gimp Sheik from that far off stage. When you throw her off stage, immediately turn around and jump after her with a Bair. The advantage of this is that even if you miss, you will be able to return to the stage through her recovery, possibly getting a gimp. And even if you miss that, you should reach the stage sooner thanks to HP`s speed and get another chance for a punish.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
That`s like the perfect distance for a RAR Bair which would gimp Sheik from that far off stage. When you throw her off stage, immediately turn around and jump after her with a Bair. The advantage of this is that even if you miss, you will be able to return to the stage through her recovery, possibly getting a gimp. And even if you miss that, you should reach the stage sooner thanks to HP`s speed and get another chance for a punish.
Ill find better videos. If you jump, you're already too late. I do it all the time with Ike and Shulk. I fall off with a FAir making it very hard to avoid without air dodging to your death since you're already recovering low.

Neil.

Smash Rookie
This thread is somewhat dead but with the next patch getting released in less than 10 hours, I was wondering if patch notes are going to be made in this thread or a new thread

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
This thread is somewhat dead but with the next patch getting released in less than 10 hours, I was wondering if patch notes are going to be made in this thread or a new thread
I'd guess that they'll be in a new thread since MartinAW4 hasn't been here in over a month.

Top Bottom