• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Rikana

Smash Champion

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
Rikana, third party controllers are absolutely horrendous. Get an official one, or you might as well save your money.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm trying to stay away from 3rd parties but I'm buying it to test out my GC to USB adapter.. and I absolutely need a brand new one for it because I have a feeling the GC controllers I have have loose wires in them (loose enough for the computer to detect the automatic button presses like mentioned).sdj1 <---- see.. that sdj1 was from my gc controller lol. I mapped it to the keyboard. It just presses on its on even when I lay it flat.

Windrose

Smash Lord
If you are looking for new official gc controllers, you can buy them for 20$ from the official nintendo online store (easy google search). They sell the standard one with platinum coloured shells.

EDIT: here's the link for the platinum one: CLICK HERE

You can also get an official white controller from playasia. It'll be shipped from japan though and costs about 50$ including taxes and delivery fees. The cord is longer but some people don't like the white controller for various personal preferences.

EDIT #2: Apparently you can order the white controllers from amazon now so you don't need to go to play asia anymore. http://www.amazon.com/Official-Nintendo-Classic-Gamecube-Wii-Controller/dp/B0017KIBAI/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1296450385&sr=1-1

PS: Dr.PP uses a white controller

unknown522

Some guy
more smash at david's tomorrow

noon onwards

call or text before going, he's getting really upset about people he doesn't know very well showing up unannounced

mostly will be in basement because his brothers will be over

he won't be there the whole night because he has school work to do

idea

Smash Master
hmm...nahhh, i probably shouldn't anyway. by next friday i'll be done all my essays anyway so i'll just wait till after that point to smash.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
go to places like microplay

i know the microplay in guelph has a TON of used gc controllers lol. i get mine there :)

tho i still use the orig controller that came with my cube some years ago, i get back ups there lol

JPOBS

Smash Hero
the fake gc controllers that look like real ones are trash. i've bought two of them from different locations and both were broken out of the box.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Now is a good time to buy from the united states while the canadian dollar is higher than the us dollar

Byped

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm a smasher from the states looking for some melee over spring break. Anything happening this week? Pm or post here :)

Rikana

Smash Champion
If you are looking for new official gc controllers, you can buy them for 20$ from the official nintendo online store (easy google search). They sell the standard one with platinum coloured shells.

EDIT: here's the link for the platinum one: CLICK HERE

You can also get an official white controller from playasia. It'll be shipped from japan though and costs about 50$ including taxes and delivery fees. The cord is longer but some people don't like the white controller for various personal preferences.

EDIT #2: Apparently you can order the white controllers from amazon now so you don't need to go to play asia anymore. http://www.amazon.com/Official-Nintendo-Classic-Gamecube-Wii-Controller/dp/B0017KIBAI/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1296450385&sr=1-1

PS: Dr.PP uses a white controller
I posted the shop ninty link already. I don't think its worth shipping from japan if it has a $50 S&H fee to it and dunno how it's gonna arrive seeing how Japan's in a crisis right now lol. And Canadians can't shop from amazon.com. We only have amazon.ca I believe. I never shopped at amazon. Thanks for helping though.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Posting again for David, Melee at his place today for all that are interested. His brothers will be home however, and we will move to the basement once a decent number of people have shown up. Call my cell (James) 519 993 5828 for details if you don't already know.

I think he said past noon was good, so yeah. Also do call or post that you are coming, people coming unannounced is a nono.

Byped

Smash Cadet
That sounds like it would be perfect but I don't think I'm going to be doing anything today... I'll keep posting and see if something comes up later this week. Have fun!

Byped

Smash Cadet
Kinda, yeh... Still go to school in the states but I'm here for break and the summer

Byped

Smash Cadet
I'm a new smasher and I play with husband an wife a bit... I'm Ok at best but I'm workin on improving. I've been to rom3 and g6 so I have some tourny exp . And I'm not too weird... Better?

Byped

Smash Cadet
I'm down for whenever! Give me a time and a place and I'll try to make it happen! But I'm at new market at the moment so ...I am new here so I'm not sure what that means ... But I am iching to smash :).

Byped

Smash Cadet
Sounds good, is spadina a train stop? Phone is 304 382 3093. I'll look for a metro route

Top Bottom