• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

unknown522

Some guy
confuse ray + hypnosis is just kind of cheap 'cause even if they wake up they might hit themselves instead of attacking. confuse ray itself has 100% accuracy but once confused they have a 50% chance to hit themselves for some physical damage instead of whatever move they tried to use. also if they have high attack (and medium or worse defense) they'll take more damage from hitting themselves.
yeah, that too.

confuse ray + screech (or opponent using swords dance) = lol.

But yeah, when you hit yourself in confusion it hits you with a 10 base power, untyped move.

Byped

Smash Cadet
rikana, is it cool if i show up?

also, where is that for those who dont know GTA?

Windrose

Smash Lord
I can't believe how much snow there is right now in hamilton. this is stupid. It is the end of march ffs. Just yesterday everything was green and spring like outside. Now it looks like someone ****ed all over the place. Everything is covered in at least 10 cm of snow.

sauc3

Smash Lord
dude... this is supposed to be my "spring break".... wtf canada..?
haha, this is extremely unusual, all the snow should have been gone. then its like, SNOWMAGEDDON!

on a side note, i have 1 thing im supposed to do before my job starts in may, so i figured, **** ya tons of melee with 1 day of w/e. but of course the fates decided to have my open house on sat, april 2nd. looks like no tourney for me :(

unless i can somehow go up to london alone on friday and go with zen/guru/jpobs to the tourney sat and lie about the open house... im **** outta luck.

ino school is moar important but who da **** cares about open house, my rents apparently.

Rikana

Smash Champion
rikana, is it cool if i show up?

also, where is that for those who dont know GTA?
Uhh.. I don't really know how to explain. The main intersection is Brimley Road and Steeles Avenue East. But, I have last minute plans now. A friend came over, sorry. Traffic must be a ***** today because of the sudden snow.

Edit: Anyone got hookups for a job for May and June?

Rikana

Smash Champion
Anyone planning to play Mortal Kombat? I wanna get into that game. Looks fun. I never really had an interest in that game but for some reason, I really wanna play the newest one. Especially because Kratos is in it.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyone planning to play Mortal Kombat? I wanna get into that game. Looks fun. I never really had an interest in that game but for some reason, I really wanna play the newest one. Especially because Kratos is in it.
Man they still make that game? I thought companies go bankrupt for a reason.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
haha, this is extremely unusual, all the snow should have been gone. then its like, SNOWMAGEDDON!

on a side note, i have 1 thing im supposed to do before my job starts in may, so i figured, **** ya tons of melee with 1 day of w/e. but of course the fates decided to have my open house on sat, april 2nd. looks like no tourney for me :(

unless i can somehow go up to london alone on friday and go with zen/guru/jpobs to the tourney sat and lie about the open house... im **** outta luck.

ino school is moar important but who da **** cares about open house, my rents apparently.
whats open house?

sauc3

Smash Lord
whats open house?
its like a tour of the campus/presentations about all the **** you need to know about being a student there, campus/libraries/services etc,

honestly I can do without all the information since its all online, its more about seeing the school and familiarizing yourself with places (at least that's what it was like for western) so people don't show up the first day and be like, wtf how do I?

could be worth going to but we'll see how it plays out. you may have to find another partner.

Windrose

Smash Lord
yo nick let's play. But there's so much snow lol....

Whoever else is around hamilton...? Maybe i can get a small fest going again

Windrose

Smash Lord
^ Yeah we had one last week xD

is hamilton close to new market?
Not really :( Unless you have a car. I kinda wanted to play against you before you left for the states.

Hamilton is a small polluted industrial town about 100km away from Toronto. I come here for university :S

Windrose

Smash Lord
Yeah xD.

You should just stay in canada.

Free health care, slightly cleaner water(but almost just as bad according to recent data), and justin bieber.

sauc3

Smash Lord
is hamilton close to new market?
its about an hour and a half drive (2hr bus), so not that far, but not too close, toronto is like, the midpoint.

I'd def be interested in playing you before you go though, however if you're coming back in the summer we can play then.

Byped

Smash Cadet
im not sure what im doing but ill try to make it out to this hamilton thing if its an open invite.... (ill try and work out a ride).... once the summer starts ill work out this whole "go train" "go bus" ttc business.... if anyone has anything closer, that would be awesome. If not, hamilton isnt impossible....

Byped

Smash Cadet
i would love to smash with all of you all :) .

from what james said, you all are really good smashers and the scene is pretty big here. I wish i could attend a tourny but it looks like ill have to wait until this summer. Either way if tomorrow works out, it should be fun !

Windrose

Smash Lord
Well, we haven't really even worked out a time yet... Nick just messaged me. Last time we just had like a small little thing in my house cuz we had no wehre to go. I don't think any of my house mates would mind if we played at my place again lol. Byped you are welcome to come but it'd be a far travel and I don't have a place for you to stay over night :S

EDIT: on an unrelated note, adventure mode on super hard is pissing me off. It just ruined my night. I can't get past battle field, it's on like low gravity or something and this one npc with a fan kept hitting me. fffffffff

sauc3

Smash Lord
so i have bunch of "ifs" but seemingly **** could work out.

if mike hosts on friday (which he probably will since there's a brawl tourney sat) we'd all have a place to crash/smash on friday (both melee and brawl btw).

also james and I were talking about going to that brawl tourney for lulz, so if we did, we could give prob give byped a ride into toronto for sat morning.

however i havn't even spoken to mike yet so this is based purely on speculation and hopes :p

on the other hand

we can always host thursday... lol

Windrose

Smash Lord
I can't do thursday. I'm going to a MAID CAFE baby!! There's gonna be hot girls dressed up as maids and everything. YES!

unknown522

Some guy
so i have bunch of "ifs" but seemingly **** could work out.

if mike hosts on friday (which he probably will since there's a brawl tourney sat) we'd all have a place to crash/smash on friday (both melee and brawl btw).

also james and I were talking about going to that brawl tourney for lulz, so if we did, we could give prob give byped a ride into toronto for sat morning.

however i havn't even spoken to mike yet so this is based purely on speculation and hopes :p

on the other hand

we can always host thursday... lol
well if mike hosts friday, I will come (not for that byped guy) and chill.

I just need his house address. I know where to go, but I don't know the house number.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Is something happening today? :S I think our little hamilton get together is going to happen tomorrow? I'm free all day on friday.

MAN where is that global warming? Al gore, what the hell...

Top Bottom