• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

KRDsonic

Smash Master
After watching all these LCS games at worlds and stuff, I go back to playing league and die a little on the inside when I realize the level of skill the people I get matched with and against are. I figured I'd try a teambuilder game to play more Twitch. Wound up in a game with a Thresh support on my side who rushed Zz'rot as his next item after Sightstone and his support item. Blindly attacking minions half the time. Throwing out horrible hooks and a lot of pointless lanterns. The enemy Thresh wasn't any better either. He would see us doing dragon, go over alone, and pull himself to the dragon, just to get popped by us. I now see why so many people try to avoid support when they can. It's just so much easier to punish bad play like that as ADC or something.

I think the saddest part was that the enemy Udyr kept playing as if he was ahead when he was far behind, and kept charging in 1 v 3 and dying. I checked his profile after the game and he's a Gold. And here I used to think Gold-ranked players were good.

:059:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Teambuilder is the last place you should be looking for quality games.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
So have people finally realised that Dyrus is crap

I'm seeing tons of comments mentioning how TSM needed a new top and how he makes no impact

I'm guessing these comments are from NA fanboys who never watched any other regions before Worlds. Anyone with half a brain who watched other regions knew Dyrus was bad and was only at a top team because he was there from the beginning when the standard was way lower.

Player-3

Smash Hero
So have people finally realised that Dyrus is crap

I'm seeing tons of comments mentioning how TSM needed a new top and how he makes no impact

I'm guessing these comments are from NA fanboys who never watched any other regions before Worlds. Anyone with half a brain who watched other regions knew Dyrus was bad and was only at a top team because he was there from the beginning when the standard was way lower.
don't speak ill of the dead, man

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
So have people finally realised that Dyrus is crap I'm seeing tons of comments mentioning how TSM needed a new top and how he makes no impact I'm guessing these comments are from NA fanboys who never watched any other regions before Worlds. Anyone with half a brain who watched other regions knew Dyrus was bad and was only at a top team because he was there from the beginning when the standard was way lower.
You can't blame him for his in-game performance. It's obvious that the management of TSM is a joke and that's the core problem screwing the team over.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Been a gamebreaking kalista bug where melee's have to auto twice to proc the W passive.
Can't disable her tho cause championship kalista :^)

These harrowing skins are **** too.
>vayne measly 3 AD nerf instead of tackling the true problem in her kit/stats.
Boy I sure do love when I have bf sword pickaxe, but because vayne played a safe laning phase and went 0/0/0 and finally got level 6/bork she can 1v1 me.

Last edited:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
One of my friends mentioned a League chat where you can do custom games with Low Elo vs. High Elo to getting advice and stuff, so we went ahead and did it. Our team was Bronzes, Silvers, and Unranked. The enemy team was 2 Diamond Vs, a Plat V, and two low Golds.

We kinda destroyed them though, so I guess we didn't really learn anything other than there really isn't that much of a difference between these elos. Our team warded way more than theirs (94 - 68). Only one of their team members actually bought a pink ward. I really have been realizing that there really isn't too huge of a skill gap between something like Silver and Platinum. Or at least, there are some silvers who are still fairly good, but just can't solo carry a game, and there are some Plats who are just plain bad.

Really, the only major advantage they had against us was being better at CSing.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Boy I sure do love when I have bf sword pickaxe, but because vayne played a safe laning phase and went 0/0/0 and finally got level 6/bork she can 1v1 me.
Wait, you expect to not get rolled by an enemy ADC that's 775 in raw items ahead of you + their item is completed?

Like, I get what you're saying, current meta makes it too easy for vayne to farm midgame and then when she reaches her midgame power spike she gets ridiculous, but dueling her from that far behind is not a good example.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Been a gamebreaking kalista bug where melee's have to auto twice to proc the W passive.

i mean vayne is a duelist moreso than an ad carry, so her being able to 1v1 adcs makes sense lol

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Being able to 1v3 isn't exactly fun either tho. Which she can do with a bork ult and tumble only.

Also Adumb, BF Sword and Pickaxe (forgot avarice) + avarice is 3225 gold, bork is 3200. You'd think an ad carry would out damage her, with three items but nah cuz she can press R and tumble, she gets basically more AD than the enemy ad's items.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Being able to 1v3 isn't exactly fun either tho. Which she can do with a bork ult and tumble only. Also Adumb, BF Sword and Pickaxe (forgot avarice) + avarice is 3225 gold, bork is 3200. You'd think an ad carry would out damage her, with three items but nah cuz she can press R and tumble, she gets basically more AD than the enemy ad's items.
Why are you building those items on Mordekaiser?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Being able to 1v3 isn't exactly fun either tho. Which she can do with a bork ult and tumble only.

Also Adumb, BF Sword and Pickaxe (forgot avarice) + avarice is 3225 gold, bork is 3200. You'd think an ad carry would out damage her, with three items but nah cuz she can press R and tumble, she gets basically more AD than the enemy ad's items.
Well if that's what you meant, but it's still a completed item versus 3 components that only equal 25 more and one of which is a gold generating item.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I think you're missing the point.
Completed item or not, it's 25 ad and not a lot of health on hit vs 75 AD + Crit chance from avarice to double your damage. Why is vayne allowed to have one item completed or not (she can 1v1 too with cutlass as well) and still outdamage and duel graves trist etc.

Because invisibility and tumble/ult giving her basically more damage than the items the AD builds. Even if the enemy ad finishes IE with avarice on side vs Vayne with dblade bork, she's still gonna be winning duels or even killing both you and the support.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
One of my friends mentioned a League chat where you can do custom games with Low Elo vs. High Elo to getting advice and stuff, so we went ahead and did it. Our team was Bronzes, Silvers, and Unranked. The enemy team was 2 Diamond Vs, a Plat V, and two low Golds.

We kinda destroyed them though, so I guess we didn't really learn anything other than there really isn't that much of a difference between these elos. Our team warded way more than theirs (94 - 68). Only one of their team members actually bought a pink ward. I really have been realizing that there really isn't too huge of a skill gap between something like Silver and Platinum. Or at least, there are some silvers who are still fairly good, but just can't solo carry a game, and there are some Plats who are just plain bad.

Really, the only major advantage they had against us was being better at CSing.

For playing both (silver and high plat/low diam) good CS is the only visible difference. Everything else (decision making, map awareness, itemization) is identical. ******* are everywhere until you reach high diamond, but in plat the ******* know how to farm.

Sinister Slush Sinister Slush why not use that gold to rush BT and outsustain the Vayne ?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
how the **** u getting 1v3d by a vayne with one item

lmao
gosu
For playing both (silver and high plat/low diam) good CS is the only visible difference. Everything else (decision making, map awareness, itemization) is identical. ******* are everywhere until you reach high diamond, but in plat the ******* know how to farm.

Sinister Slush Sinister Slush why not use that gold to rush BT and outsustain the Vayne ?
cause she does true damage, auto resets + attack speed from bork + invisibility she gets more autos off no matter what. Better to pray for crit chance to gun her down than try to get an extra 80 or so health from an auto when her autos from tumble+r steroid does like prolly 200+

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
I always think of Vayne as an assassin oriented AD carry in comparison to more "pure" marksmen varieties like Caitlyn and Jinx who punish you from long range doing primarily single target damage with some splash damage involved either from their kit or with an item like shiv. Also like most assassins, her lead falls off when a team travels together or carries a pink ward to counter the stealth she gets as well as having a tendency to underperform against the enemy marksmen in grouped confrontations.

I mean the main issue I think that most people have with Vayne is that she has high chase potential with her tumble and ultimate. It's not a big deal if you have an escape or MS boost, however most tanks don't have this privilege. Given that she is one of the primary tank melters as an ADC, this makes it incredibly difficult to deal with her when she is fed. Which she has many opportunities to do so given her kit punishes bad positioning especially after she finishes her bilgewater cutlass.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I think Slush's main concern is about soloQ where it's close to impossible to get a team working as such. Worlds have shown that Vayne has no place in an organized 5v5.

cause she does true damage, auto resets + attack speed from bork + invisibility she gets more autos off no matter what. Better to pray for crit chance to gun her down than try to get an extra 80 or so health from an auto when her autos from tumble+r steroid does like prolly 200+
I was talking about your setup (BF + pickaxe + avarice) you have what, like 10% crit ? 11 if you take the infamous crit chance mark ? Nice RNG, and you don't even get the crit bonus of IE. BT costs 3500 which is just 275 gold more than BF + Pickaxe + Avarice and gives you 20% LS. That's way more helpful in a 1v1 situation than 10% crit chance.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Oh we changed the thing from those three items and turning it into completed IE item with avarice since adumb was saying
"bork still completed item over components"
So yeah, 30% crit chance, IE/avarice over bork dblade and greaves, again tho 20% lifesteal won't help you against invisibility. Just gotta ****in' pray for that 30% crit to happen during the 3-5 second fight.

Last edited:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I thought One For All mode would be fun. In some cases it is, but in others... boy was I wrong. 5 Ezreals vs. 5 Tahm Kenches... the game lasted 1 hour 19 minutes. I had a full build + elixirs and still had over 8,000 gold not spent. Not to mention how disorganized the teams are since people have trouble deciding on their role they're supposed to be doing.

We eventually won, it just took me taking over as the shot caller, cause we had someone else on our team trying to call shots and getting people killed by it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

They aren't doing larger changes with worlds going on in addition to the whole marksman update coming up.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Crone (Kindred): I'm sorry for feeding.
Nasus (LiIithDVesta): Lol. No you're not.
Nasus (LiIithDVesta): You have negative K/D ratios every time you play as Kindred and you still spam it in ranked.
Nasus (LiIithDVesta): How different is it to go 0/14 and then 3/14 the next?
Nasus (LiIithDVesta): I bet your next game on Lolking is still going to be you playing Kindred ADC.
Crone (Kindred): Reported for toxicity and muted.

Riot. Give me a bull**** ping feature that I can just spam on someone when they lie like a mofo.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
wait you dropped out of Silver 5 and back into bronze?
I miss playing in an ez environment, I should make a smurf or something so I can play down there again.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
wait you dropped out of Silver 5 and back into bronze? I miss playing in an ez environment, I should make a smurf or something so I can play down there again.
On my original account I sucked so bad that I dropped it to Bronze 5 from Silver 5 in season four. At this time, my friend Lisa got her account banned when she let her brother account share and he tried to run bad credit cards on the account. Riot doesn't take too kindly to little kids trying to steal from them. So suffice to say she was starting over from a lower level account when she had already reached Level 30 and gotten a bunch of skins and stuff.

I told Lisa that she could have my account and we could take to each other over Skype. I told her that I needed to play more normals before I touched ranked so it made sense for me to just continue leveling the second account that I had already been working on that was at level 6. I made the mistake of playing only one champion and one role, so just going through all the free to play champions to level 30 was great because it improved my mechanics way faster than if I had just kept playing bronze 5 games.

Because we have mixed hours, I work during nights and Lisa works during the day I sometimes played on the account when I knew she was taking classes and when I felt like I was going to be demoted again I just started to see if I could grind on her account from Bronze 5 up to my current elo to see what my "true elo" was. I also told Lisa she should try playing some ranked games because she was scared that she wasn't good enough to play and I told her it was no big deal. People are awful regardless.

Lisa is probably the only friend I met on League that I have on Skype and talk to casually. Probably the only positive thing to come from the game is our friendship.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Kindred is a pretty cool champ. Kit wise they doesn't see that rediculous, lacking good CC, but their numbers, that passive, and that ult. interested to see who breaks them first, that passive+devourer is too forced imo

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yeah someone I helped boosted showed me the vid and gushed a bunch saying like "OMG I KNOW SOMEONE THAT PLAYS AGAINST TOP PLAYERS"
ok?

Anyways, made a comment too about it but no idea if any randoms or stonewall responded.
Basically what happened is duo (singed tahm) absolute ****, especially singed, gragas rushed righteous glory 2nd item 30+ minutes in when he had barely 50ish cs (so literally 0 gold he had and he goes for an engage item) until we finally won a random fight cause we have the better team (cause mostly tahm lol) and he started getting lane cs.

Only decent players was liss and I but even then we kept dying from the other three leaving one of us to die.
Ex. Us getting baron and trundle chasing after me while the others left me to die.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I skipped around the vid a bit and noticed he only ulted once the entire game.
It was to go botlane and ignite trundle when he had already got 2nd tier and ran off. There was multiple times he could've eaten me in lane to save me from damage or death, but he never did it. Think around the 2:40 mark I took a Q and ult and he didn't bother to eat me at all.

But yeah, the duo just kinda stuck together more often, even getting stunned together when stonewall went over the wall to kill the gragas sacrificing his life for a pink for some damn reason.

You just get those kinda teammates no matter what kind of division, even challenjour. I think the best times to try ranked is during school time or LCS/Worlds.

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
You just get those kinda teammates no matter what kind of division, even challenjour. I think the best times to try ranked is during school time or LCS/Worlds.
Would be interesting to know how duos affect MMR matchups in Diamond.

Badawi's side on the poaching story: http://www.dailydot.com/esports/chris-badawi-poaching-allegations-league-of-legends/

Biggest change all season long has to be those TSM icon flairs. Pre-MSI I couldn't find a game without them. Nowadays I don't think I've seen any for the past three months.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
http://prntscr.com/8tkkg9

>demoted from D4 cause team allowed a singed to get 2 nexus turrets with 40 damage autos
>this game next
rito since you love money so much over balancing your game, can I buy my way to D1 where I belong? I'll pay a grand total of 50 buckaroos

Last edited:
Top Bottom