• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

D

Deleted member

I was going 21/9/0 for all of s3, still doing it now. 9 in defense is just way more efficient than 9 in offense this season's masteries it's even more of a no-brainer for champions that need to do damage.

Edit: @s2j do you ever get blue pots during lane phase? I've seen some rumbles do that with success but never tried it.
It's fail if you get it level 1 , and to me thats when Blue pot is the best. But it could be legit if you get it level 3-4 rather than wait for your first power spike (haunting guise). I can see it getting you kills since level 4-5 is sometimes the only time you can kill your lane opponent in the whole laning phase (Nasus, Renekton, Shyvana).

If you get it after a kill from jungler gank at level 2-3, then it could get you another kill in spots where you otherwise can't. If it brings Rumble damage to pre-nerf rumble at that point then its a great idea, I doubt it though

/////

@DRE

Level 5 Q overheat only works if your opponent screws up or is using a ****ty champion top. Most champs nowadays that are standard tops have multiple gap closers + stun (no autos) + shield(heal). Or they can run really fast. In std exchanges, Rumble has no hope vs the former unless they suck/ choose to run away

Vs aggressive tops, I think Rumble only does very good vs Shyvana because she can only run at you and eat 2 E's. Riven is instant lose starting from level 1 and only gets worse at level 6, theres no ****ing hope vs her. Renekton is losing, (but most renektons suck).

Aatrox can jump on you+ slow and **** your **** up. It's a good thing most people stopped playing him

////

level 1 Blue pot opening is actually good though on some champs. Blue pot only costs 250, so its a lot of early game AP + both pots(+ward). I've tried it on Ap teemo top and killed people by the time they are trying to last hit under tower

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If top prolly cause he's weak early and can't handle 2v1 like Mundo or Shyvana can.
If Jungle, he has sustain good for him, but he's not as good at objective control like say Elise is or ganking for that matter.

Player-3

Smash Hero
aatrox fine 2v1

people dont jungle him because of the attack speed nerf on his passive, hurt his clear time an incredible amount

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
why did people stop playing aatrox
The answer to the question "why have people stopped playing xxx ?" is always the same : xxx is not OP anymore.
For the case of Aatrox : he recieved some nerfs and season 4 masteries kicked in, so he's not completely gutted but stronger champs have appeared and the crowd have new favorites now.

And so the circle of fotm and nerf continues : we will fotm and they will nerf.

Player-3

Smash Hero
The answer to the question "why have people stopped playing xxx ?" is always the same : xxx is not OP anymore.
For the case of Aatrox : he recieved some nerfs and season 4 masteries kicked in, so he's not completely gutted but stronger champs have appeared and the crowd have new favorites now.

And so the circle of fotm and nerf continues : we will fotm and they will nerf.
someone asking why nobody plays a champion that was nerfed implies that they want to know why the nerfs made the character less popular

sometimes characters get nerfed and still are good characters (kha'zix in recent memory) but people drop them because oh they got nerfed **** tier champ

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Idk if it's really necessary to explain that nerfs make champs less popular.
Popularity relies on people following the trends so there is no logic beyond "oh they got nerfed **** tier champ".

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
he's getting turned into kayle except melee next patch

his nerfs from the last patch weren't really nerfs, rather a retool of power

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Kassadin's changes got pulled from the PBE by the way. Good thing too, .5 AP passive ratio on autoattacks is stupid, no idea what they were thinking. Fizz' .35 ratio got butchered for a reason.

Ghost is weak because they removed the summoner spell masteries. Everyone took the ghost mastery making it 35% MS, and now that it's gone you're stuck with the crappy 27% boost. It's noticably worse now, but still worth taking on most champions that took it in S3

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Take ghost on adc, get blown up because you couldn't instantly reposition yourself in a fight. Adcs not taking flash are just looking to get caught imo.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I think he's talking about going flash ghost, not barrier ghost.
I don't think anyone in their right mind would consider going adc without flash.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Do you guys think it's possible to carry/climb out of low elo with non-carry champs like tanks and traditional supports? It seems like after a certain point in the game, you're completely reliant on the skill of your teammates to win fights, no matter how well you played in the early game.

I should probably just learn some carry champs.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Dre, if I were in your position I am 100% certain I could carry ANY of your games with ANY champion. So the answer is yes.

Niko45

Smash Master
Do you guys think it's possible to carry/climb out of low elo with non-carry champs like tanks and traditional supports? It seems like after a certain point in the game, you're completely reliant on the skill of your teammates to win fights, no matter how well you played in the early game.

I should probably just learn some carry champs.
Absolutely you should make the switch imo. Tanks are the lowest skill, lowest impact champions you can play and their usefulness is completely dependent on someone else carrying. A tank is like something you should play top if you don't play top at all and are forced to in ranked.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Niko- I feel like you could carry with the support-style at higher levels, because at those levels players would probably be competent enough to snowball off your plays. When I jungled in a ranked 5s team, we had a really good mid player who would snowball and carry a game off just one or two ganks.

Dre, if I were in your position I am 100% certain I could carry ANY of your games with ANY champion. So the answer is yes.
It's like impossible for you to give a response that doesn't result in you being condescending or talking yourself up.

And no you wouldn't carry 100% of the time with tanks and supports. You die too much and drop too much cs with anyone who doesn't build AD. Being a tank would help you with your habit of face-tanking entire teams though.

But yeah, I'm looking for opinions from people who don't have an agenda against me.

Niko45

Smash Master
Exactly, in ranked 5s is where support, unselfish jungling, and tanks can be rewarding. In solo queue, even at high elo I wouldn't count on people to be good. A lot of people do not actually play the game at the level that their elo dictates if, for instance, they don't get their main role in champ select etc.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I suck at carrying, so i mainly play cc bots, supports, and utillity mages. Im 2/2 in my promo to gold and i got there prety much playing nami, nautilus, ziggs and lissandra. I thnk its important to recognize in game who has the most chances to make the most of an advantage (like a riven top or vayne/leo bot lane) and attempt to make plays to benfit them. If you are mid, and you're not stomping in lane, then roam and make plays while your tower is healthy. If you are top and you pushed out, try roaming mid and get them rolling. As a jungler always keep objectives in mind and try to camp a lane thats doing well to get them more ahead. As someone who despises champs that bring nothing but damage, ill tell you that you can carry early/mid games on tanks and utility bots, but you have to make sure your gold is funneled into that champs that are most likely to carry and put out the deeps.

Getting out if silver isnt really excaping low elo but it is a barrier that can be done just playing utility champs.

Niko45

Smash Master
Ya, I don't mean to say it can't be done. It's just impractical and going to be slower and tedious. In a solo queue environment you don't want to be zac trying to set people up in teamfights, you want to be rengar or zed deleting the largest opposing threat for free.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Or you could just have 2-3 offensive items prepared in your build in case you get fed. Build one or two offensive items before going tanky when you're ahead and you'll be able to carry just right.

I personally love Nashor Cho Gath. Doesn't happen anymore sadly.

Or you could simply play Taric or any champion whose damage scales on tanky stats.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's like impossible for you to give a response that doesn't result in you being condescending or talking yourself up.

And no you wouldn't carry 100% of the time with tanks and supports. You die too much and drop too much cs with anyone who doesn't build AD. Being a tank would help you with your habit of face-tanking entire teams though.

But yeah, I'm looking for opinions from people who don't have an agenda against me.
No Dre, I've already been there done that. I smurfed in Bronze recently for fun, I threw all my promos (COULDNT EVEN LOSE ALL OF THEM WHEN AFK LEL) and ended up in Bronze 3. From there I played ~30 games till about Silver 4 and I only lost 3 of them which were all 4vs5s.

Stop being obnoxious about the ranked 5s games too. That was a joint effort.

I know you think I'm bad, but there's a reason you're Bronze 5 and I'm not. :>

Leacero

Smash Lord
i have zero respect for people who make bronze smurfs considering that you have to ruin the experience for your teammates for a number of games in order to get there

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No Dre, I've already been there done that. I smurfed in Bronze recently for fun, I threw all my promos (COULDNT EVEN LOSE ALL OF THEM WHEN AFK LEL) and ended up in Bronze 3. From there I played ~30 games till about Silver 4 and I only lost 3 of them which were all 4vs5s.

Stop being obnoxious about the ranked 5s games too. That was a joint effort.

I know you think I'm bad, but there's a reason you're Bronze 5 and I'm not. :>
Hey like since you're a super mod and I'm assuming not entirely socially inept you guys want to take your newly wed couple slap and tickle **** to private messages?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Ive always wanted to make a bronze smurf but that would require getting a smurf to lvl 30 :(
dude it's so much fun, I found a ziggs player who thought baron buff was transferable when I did my promos.
i have zero respect for people who make bronze smurfs considering that you have to ruin the experience for your teammates for a number of games in order to get there
see above for why these people aren't getting far anyway

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I can tell its fun. One of my favorite things to watch/see is whatever is on the bestofbronze subreddit

Especially that one nightblu3 bronze video that's on the league subreddit

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i watched nightblue's placement matches on stream and the stuff that happened there was ridiculous...

One example is how the enemy team kept solo invading (walking in 1 at a time) and then kept dying .. people were at their lanes at like 3 minutes 10 seconds

Top Bottom