• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Volibear's kit is super messy and doesn't particularly scale well with...anything. His Q and W deal Physical damage, yet they do not scale with AD. That makes itemizing him as a bruiser extremely difficult. His cooldowns are so long that not even Trinity Force can make it work. Not to mention that if you decide to build him as AP, you are useless because AP Volibear has crap AP ratios. Also, he has one of the most insignificant ults ever. It should honestly be a toggle to give Volibear a purpose.
This guy knows what he's talking about.

>slow clear times because of long E cooldown
>EIGHTEEN second cooldown on bite at ALL levels
>fling that's barely better per level
His ult's good, but only if you are tanky, have attack speed, and can stick in the middle of their team long enough for it to do anything.

The good part of Voli is that his early game is op. If he's jungling, his ganks are nasty early on, and his bite is stupid strong in lane.

AP XIN ZHAO IS SO MUCH LESS TROLL THAN IT USED TO BE.

That 0.7 AP ratio on his heal.
Yeah. I tried some build I read on dominion, was like RoA nashor's zerkers, point was for low CDs for lots of CC, while having lotsa heal. Kinda failed though because i was laning against a yorick :\

Vyke

Smash Champion
I feel like Voli's kit is fine, but that his ratio's should be easier to build for is all. His ult does dumb amounts of damage if he can actually hit people with auto attacks during it, lol.

Okuser

Smash Ace
darius beats jayce cuz 500 range means you can't avoid the pull, and you will get out traded every single time. and if anything disrupts your laning like a gank, or a mistake or something darius snowballs hard. jayce does not theoretically or practically win this matchup.

source? I'm the best jayce player NA.

The snowball happens because jayce is 1000x more item reliant than Darius. The Darius player can buy w/e the **** he wants, like nothing but armor and still kill the jayce in 2 spell rotations.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
darius beats jayce cuz 500 range means you can't avoid the pull, and you will get out traded every single time. and if anything disrupts your laning like a gank, or a mistake or something darius snowballs hard. jayce does not theoretically or practically win this matchup.

source? I'm the best jayce player NA.

The snowball happens because jayce is 1000x more item reliant than Darius. The Darius player can buy w/e the **** he wants, like nothing but armor and still kill the jayce in 2 spell rotations.
you build zerkers on jayce, your opinion is invalid.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Volibear is a good top lane. No, really. Double Doran's Blades works well on him and his early game is strong. His fling refreshes attack animation so just AA -> Q -> AA -> Bite will do so much damage early on you'll be able to control the lane from there.

His ult is really good too. It's a majorly strong steroid on a super low CD. Plus, nothing beats the feeling of seeing someone get away, then you hit the minions a couple times and the chain kills him.

Volibear is also on the stronger spectrum of roaming tops.
And he is, by far, the best pedophile character ever.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
just letting you guys know, if you get a bad team, someone probably has a worse one

orrell (1:01): u win?
we lost :(
Sky Pirate Vyse (1:01): lost too
got a ziggs that fed like mad
didnt say a single word entire game
:(
orrell (1:01): :( weak
Sky Pirate Vyse (1:01): oh well
orrell (1:02): solo lanes went a combined 6/30

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
just letting you guys know, if you get a bad team, someone probably has a worse one

orrell (1:01): u win?
we lost :(
Sky Pirate Vyse (1:01): lost too
got a ziggs that fed like mad
didnt say a single word entire game
:(
orrell (1:01): :( weak
Sky Pirate Vyse (1:01): oh well
orrell (1:02): solo lanes went a combined 6/30
So much blue...you feelin' blue JTB :(:(:(

MrEh

Smash Hero
His ult is really good too. It's a majorly strong steroid on a super low CD.
Dragon's Descent: 0 seconds lol
Radiance: 60 seconds
Desperate Power: 70 seconds
Final Hour: 70 seconds
Blade of the Exile: 75 seconds
Highlander: 75 seconds
Sadism: 75 seconds
Agony: 80 seconds
Grandmaster's Might: 80 seconds
Cannibalism: 90 seconds
Intervention: 90 seconds
Insanity Potion: 100 seconds
On the Hunt: 100 seconds
Ragnarok: 100 seconds
Thunder Claws: 100 seconds
Spray and Pray: 120 seconds
Unbreakable Will: 120 seconds

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Dragon's Descent: 0 seconds lol
Radiance: 60 seconds
Desperate Power: 70 seconds
Final Hour: 70 seconds
Blade of the Exile: 75 seconds
Highlander: 75 seconds
Sadism: 75 seconds
Agony: 80 seconds
Grandmaster's Might: 80 seconds
Cannibalism: 90 seconds
Intervention: 90 seconds
Insanity Potion: 100 seconds
On the Hunt: 100 seconds
Ragnarok: 100 seconds
Thunder Claws: 100 seconds
Spray and Pray: 120 seconds
Unbreakable Will: 120 seconds
Yes, yes, but can you name any other character who cries out in lonely depression to feel the storm? I rest my case.

Leacero

Smash Lord
I don't see many Malz but when I do, I get worked.

What do?
Pick Morg, max black shield (which is ironically blue), and run into your minion wave to save your minions the pain of being slowly killed by AIDS. PUSH IS STOPPED!!!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=28994941#28994941

"We don't want more bans because that means pros won't get to play their champions."
Zileas spelled Yorick wrong. I stopped reading after I saw that.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Pick Morg, max black shield (which is ironically blue), and run into your minion wave to save your minions the pain of being slowly killed by AIDS. PUSH IS STOPPED!!!
Or if you want to play a champ that isn't ever banned, pick Galio and do the same thing, but with Bulwark. I'm pretty sure it actually heals him because of the DoT nature of malz E :/

I also imagine someone like Talon would beat Malz, but nobody seems to play Talon anymore.
Also Pantheon maybe.
Also Gangplank for sure.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=28994941#28994941

"We don't want more bans because that means pros won't get to play their champions."
He makes sense, and I don't think more bans is the answer. I think ideally, bans shouldn't even be a thing, but I'm sure that will never happen.
Besides, would you really want to wait through 8 bans + 10 picks every time you queue, and make champ select even longer, especially if someone keeps dodging?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Man... 2 extra bans covering more time...
****, that's like... a whole extra minute isn't it!?

The fact they're saying no solely cause of "pro players" then 2 extra bans for them means just an additional 3-7 seconds to ban (for example) one more of CLG's characters.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
if bans didnt exist in solo queue, every single game would have the same champs picked (or atleast 6/10 champs)

solo queue bans function way different than 5s bans where you can actually target the other teams best champs

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
2 more bans OH LORD SO MUCH TIME!?!?!?!?!?

DAMN DUDE I COULD MAKE A CAKE BEFORE THIS GAME STARTS
You're right dude, I'm sure none of us have ever spent 15+ minutes in champ select because of slow*** people taking every second they're given, and dodges.

Man... 2 extra bans covering more time...
****, that's like... a whole extra minute isn't it!?

The fact they're saying no solely cause of "pro players" then 2 extra bans for them means just an additional 3-7 seconds to ban (for example) one more of CLG's characters.
He makes good points, despite misspelling Yorick's name. The only thing bans are used for is banning the "OP" champs, and if they make it so there aren't many "OP" champs at a given time, you won't need more bans regardless of how many champs exist in the game.
And at the pro level, it would be annoying seeing the bans directed at the opposing team's, or a single player's, best champs.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
you are making the biggest deal about the smallest thing in league right now.

you're worried about sitting in queue for an extra minute or 2 (at worst case with a couple of dodges maybe 5) to play a game that list at the very least 25 minutes usually but has the potential to last an hour depending on how stale the game is or how people tend to turtle.

for the record I've never actually sat in Queue for more than 7 minutes (including dodges) you must have some seriously bad luck with people or something.

tbh I don't much care for an extra ban but I'm not against it either.

to complain about time tho? that's just dumb.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm just saying it will make champ select, which is already annoying, more annoying. I don't really care about that.
The more important thing is that 8 bans just aren't needed.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
never had a que longer than 7 mins = your elo is a joke AND u are very lucky
I'm not talking about the wait time. but even then thats never super high either. more soe whenever I get in a ranked game people aren't usually dodging.

never made it higher than 1635 tho so whatever.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I milk the timer for all its worth when Im picking or banning, even if I know exactly who I want.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Dota 2 does 10 bans and they only have 90 (out of the 108) playable, while league has what.. like 104 champions and only 6 bans? I love seeing dota games because you don't see 6/10 characters played in every game. Are you not telling me that watching ezreal vs corki bot doesn't get boring? Or seeing vlad vs rumble/shen top... or Gragas vs Morgana mid doesn't get stale?

You obviously don't care about playing against OP champions anyways so just go into blind pick and have yourself a good time.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i think seeing certain matchups all the time is more to blame on leagues rigid meta than bans

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
More bans would force flexibility, though. If you can't default to the same few champs, it increases the likelihood of different picks because of team/champ synergies and counters.

:phone:

Top Bottom