• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

D

Deleted member

Why don't you heave interwoven bans (e.g. pick pick ban ban pick pick)
This is a fairly complex topic. There are two short answers. First, we always want more gameplay, but we value gameplay in the game more than gameplay in champion select. If the most important decisions are loaded more in champ select than the game, the game starts to become rock-paper-scissors. The second answer is that if you add second step bans, those bans will 95% go to denial bans (blocking signature champions and strategy counter champions). The interleaving just magnifies the power of denial bans.
and here I think Zileas went off the deep end. if you split the bans, of course people like froggen are going to lock in their pick before the second round of bans.
----
also reverse pick would be awesome

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Those inhouse ideas sound beastly. I need to buy myself more champs.

...But I need rune pages too. :< :applejack:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm good on runepages for now, I think once I've gotten this armor pen runepage I can start picking up champions again! Jayce is first.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Dota 2 does 10 bans and they only have 90 (out of the 108) playable, while league has what.. like 104 champions and only 6 bans? I love seeing dota games because you don't see 6/10 characters played in every game. Are you not telling me that watching ezreal vs corki bot doesn't get boring? Or seeing vlad vs rumble/shen top... or Gragas vs Morgana mid doesn't get stale?

You obviously don't care about playing against OP champions anyways so just go into blind pick and have yourself a good time.
I would love to see Dota 2s draft system implemented into League. I think it would be really interesting to see how the drafts would change for league.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Really?
I bet the NA Regionals had Evenlynn running amok then.
She must be all over the place in ranked games too. :applejack:
She is showing up in ranked games. A lot. Maybe she's not tourney viable (especially with everyone just content to play Morg vs. Gragas, EVERY ****ING GAME), but if you're not seeing her in your games yet, you will.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Not only does she get a free 1500 hp, she gets an instant double proc melee spell that scales with AP, and everyone she hits with her ult loses 25% + pf their hp >_>

@adumbrodeus - you should pick 2-3 champs and play them a lot to get good at them instead of picking up more champs all the time. It's easier to get elo by being VERY good at one champ, even if they aren't the strongest, than trying to pick up whatever the new op is.

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Evelyn is really strong right now, did you miss the memo?
I also did not get this memo. But the idea of her ult shield sounded ridiculous before the remake. I just assumed that she was still kinda weak for other reasons.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just trying eve out since the remake holy **** she is good in comparison.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I have literally not seen a single Eve in ranked since the remake. Anytime I see her at champ select, someone dodges. Half my queues are dodges though so it's nothing unusual.
Whenever I hear about AP Rengar though, people say "AP Eve does the same thing but better" and I have no idea if it's true :O

I've seen like 2-3 Twitches, and they did decently. I always thought it was weird that Twitch is considered crap now, I got him in an ARAM during his free week, it was the first time I had ever played him and I wrecked everything lol.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Volibear is a good top lane. No, really. Double Doran's Blades works well on him and his early game is strong. His fling refreshes attack animation so just AA -> Q -> AA -> Bite will do so much damage early on you'll be able to control the lane from there.
Forgot to ask... is double Dblade better on him than double doran shield? The extra health, armor, and regen always seemed like the obvious choice to me.

edit: after saying I've never seen an Eve in ranked since the rework, the other team has one right now, assuming nobody dodges.
edit2: she ended 12/2/10. I went Voli top and wrecked Singed despite giving Lee first blood, but Lee became 1/0/4 within 4 minutes and it all went downhill from there. Final score 20-40.
Double Dblade was actually very nice :3
This is why I hate top lane though, even if you win it feels so helpless if the rest of your team can't handle themselves.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I would LOVE to see pro teams in tournaments agreeing to add 1-2 more bans per team through texting or some ****, and just going by the honor system that the two teams would follow through.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I too would like DOTA 2 bans. I have a friend with a random passionate hatred of dota because he thinks that they are elitist about their game, hates denys, but he does want DOTA 2 bans in LoL. It will prevent people from just banning FoTM and to starting banning pieces of comps along with the FoTM.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I would LOVE to see pro teams in tournaments agreeing to add 1-2 more bans per team through texting or some ****, and just going by the honor system that the two teams would follow through.
Then Riot busts out the collusion stuff again. Also AP Rengar is hilarious. 3.0 ratio on an AoE essentially (2.0 instant!). Going to laugh if that becomes a thing because that would be the most amusing "goes against design" example ever.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
\@adumbrodeus - you should pick 2-3 champs and play them a lot to get good at them instead of picking up more champs all the time. It's easier to get elo by being VERY good at one champ, even if they aren't the strongest, than trying to pick up whatever the new op is.

Need to find somebody I can stand in the long term that isn't horrifically counterpicked by half the cast because frankly, that just makes it too frustrating.

I found a support choice, but I really need a go-to top laner.

Then Riot busts out the collusion stuff again. Also AP Rengar is hilarious. 3.0 ratio on an AoE essentially (2.0 instant!). Going to laugh if that becomes a thing because that would be the most amusing "goes against design" example ever.

That was mlg actually, I don't actually know how riot is planning on handling collusion issues.

D

Deleted member

the idea is to do E->empowered E -> lich bane right?

EDIT: I mean W of course >_<

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
get 4 stacks of ferocity
DFG for 1/3 of their health
W for like 550+ damage (assuming you have around 300+ AP, MR not calculated)
get empowered, instant W again for 550+ damage and a 15% heal
If they're still alive, press R to stealth and follow them until ferocity recharges for a 3rd W
they won't be alive at that point, but if they are, your regular W should be off cooldown soon. Not to mention you'll be using your other abilities in the meantime.

Someone please duo queue with me later so I can get to gold. I was like 3 wins away but... bad things keep happening whenever I get close. Very bad things.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If you're patient (and in range), you could get off two Lich Bane procs with W>AA>W>AA.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Today

I remembered a conversation

When I told Johnny that Cho mid was OP

and he told me it would be if junglers didn't exist

So I realized, the enemy Cho is always in melee range of creeps

Which means he's always further up the lane than most mid champs

And he doesn't have Gragas E

Which means free ganks all day TYVM FREE ELO

edit - also xerath is gonna be played in tourneys soon just wait

Top Bottom