• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Golden Sun: The Lost Age (of) Mafia -Game Over! Indy Alex wins!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Is it weird that the possibilty for 2 people to not be able to vote exists / has been claimed
Those being S&C and tcat?

Imaging a hypothetical with S&C voteblocking town and tcat getting roleblocked with 3 town left is kind of stupid. 2/3 town can't vote, S&C is the only one who can vote for town, meaning just being against 1 scum (3 town vs 1 scum, usually not even LyLo) is game over. There's a forced NL, scum kills one and roleblocks tcat again, and game.

So yeah, it is weird. Hmmmmmm

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well with that known now I gotta rethink my plan.

Right now I want it to go.

Lynch TCat, I jail Ryker, Ridic busses me with an unannounced target that isn't Ryker or Rake or themselves.

Furio stays put.

Thoughts?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Lynch Tcat, jail ryker, furio commutes. Everyone else targets Kantrip.

Whoever he doesn't see taking actions against him is scum, if he claims he didn't see anything, he's scum. Ridick puts me in front of Kantrip so he lives through the night.

Any holes ?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Lynch Tcat, jail ryker, furio commutes. Everyone else targets Kantrip.

Whoever he doesn't see taking actions against him is scum, if he claims he didn't see anything, he's scum. Ri**** puts me in front of Kantrip so he lives through the night.

Any holes ?
"Everyone else" is only one person: the bus driver. We don't have that many active abilities left

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Tcat over Ryker btw.

Why did she question ryu's claim only to vote that selfsame wagon without following up on it ?

From mypov Tcat needs to be seen on that legitimate lynch and bingo bango bongo she keep's herself out of the conversation for being lynched.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Definitely looks like you did.

Don't like Laundry already.

Vote Kevin
Take yourself to this post. It's the first mention of anyone disliking Laundry.

Shortly after (next page), Swiss and KevinM begin a wagon on Laundry. After that Ryker makes his four paragraph analysis post. No one asked him to make this post.

Ryker, why did you say someone asked you to analyze Washed? No one did such a thing.

Guys please

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Watching LCS right now, still.

Be goddamn careful with that jail. I would not say anything about who I targeted with it. If you announce a target, scum can No Kill to frame them. Use it as a roleblock or use it as a protection for Rake. Don't forget your second option.

Do not bus drive Rake so that Ruy can protect him if that's what he chooses. Bus Driver should swap Ruy with either myself, Kantrip, or Furio and not open his mouth about which. Ruy's jail is basically the best thing to have ever to have if we get to a bad situation.

That's my input on night actions.

Kantrip

Kantplay
**** you, bro.

I answered that question in-depth because I was specifically asked about WL and he had a large post that was worth dissecting at that point in the game.
This is a lie. Ryker was not specifically asked about WL.

No **** I started posting when my slot was in trouble. I was prodded and I don't want to get lynched. That's universal. Welcome to why you pressure inactives, regardless of alignment.
This is fine, only answer he could really produce as either alignment. The scummy part is that he wasn't doing anything beforehand. He says how not wanting to get lynched is universal. This is true. But he hasn't been doing anything else townie (like finding scum), so what good is staying alive doing him? The self-preservation of coming into the thread ONLY to diffuse pressure on himself IS scummy.

I had no reasons because I wanted people to bite in the early game when I was still involved. People did bite on Kevin and that's where we started moving forward. Further pressing Adum didn't help me at all since I liked Swiss at the time. Your play was abysmal, but pushing you over Kevin at that point was a divide in focus that hurt me rather than helped me. Then I stopped paying attention.
My play was bad. You still have me as a scumread even now and have NEVER explained how it was scummy. Why? Because it's not. There isn't scum intent in my ***********, it's just easy to jump onto. Same with Kev's crumb. It was easy to jump onto. Washed you kept at 3rd even though your reasoning for him being scum was the most fleshed out.

My reads have stayed near constant all game because they've been based on the same information all game.
Prove this. What information has been constant all game that makes it reasonable for your reads to not change as the Days go on?

My claim is NOT super scummy in comparison to everything else out there at the moment. Taking the player out of it, town bus driver is a scummy claim in any game and BP remains the single most common scum claim ever because it explains why you don't die. Me being scum does not clear you of these surpluses because you still have an incredibly overprotected game as I have pointed out multiple times already.
You claimed BP (one-shot, not yet expended) so you fit your own criteria. And then you have redirector, which is scummier than bus driver to me. This is deflecting, but you're covering up for flaws you possess in your claim by pointing out the exact same flaws in other claims. The thing is, you have BOTH in yours alone. Your claim is BY FAR the scummiest.

Also he had no defense for his Washed connection because there is none. I want Ryker dead first and will gladly go for tcat toMorrow if the game is still going.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That's a lie. Straight up a lie. Ruy asked me. I can go find it if need be. I remember that clearly.
Okay you got me there. Ruy did ask you.

Doesn't change the fact that it was the only thing you analyzed and you kept him at your 3rd pick when your reasoning was more fleshed out than your first two:

1. Crumbed miller
2. Is playing badly like always which I argued with adum about how it should be null
3. A BUNCH OF REASONS

Washed was floating at 3rd for no reason except that you didn't want to put him in danger

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Pretty sure I had him at second pick at that point. It may have been third after you. I didn't like Kevin for the way he crumbed miller and the way he reacted to the miller crumb being pointed out.

Laundry floated around after Kevin because he wasn't as big a deal at the beginnign of the game. Why in the world would I split focus when I wanted Kevin in a spotlight?

Stop assigning motivations when I've already explained why.

Kantrip

Kantplay
KevinM stopped being a focus before you disappeared from the thread. Washed had a wagon building that was much bigger than Kev's. Washed was already very much in the spotlight, so you wouldn't have split anything.

And no, he was third pick after me.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Prove this. What information has been constant all game that makes it reasonable for your reads to not change as the Days go on?
The information I have been going from has been the same. The majority of my reads are based on Day 1 because, until now, it's the only part of the game I was heavily involved with.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
KevinM stopped being a focus before you disappeared from the thread. Washed had a wagon building that was much bigger than Kev's. Washed was already very much in the spotlight, so you wouldn't have split anything.

And no, he was third pick after me.
Prove this one for me because the last thing I knew, Kevin was a big deal, and then Laundry was lynched.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You claimed BP (one-shot, not yet expended) so you fit your own criteria. And then you have redirector, which is scummier than bus driver to me. This is deflecting, but you're covering up for flaws you possess in your claim by pointing out the exact same flaws in other claims. The thing is, you have BOTH in yours alone. Your claim is BY FAR the scummiest.
Scummier than bus driver and scummier than a far more powerful BP? My active was one shot and has not been seen in any capacity to be used to advance scum causes. If I'm so scummy, why does my role have such a protown implication? Without investigatives, it does not help scum at all unless it is used to prevent scum crossfire which would make me a hella weak scum role in a strong town game.

Also he had no defense for his Washed connection because there is none. I want Ryker dead first and will gladly go for tcat toMorrow if the game is still going.
Yeah, you wanna fight about it? You yourself said my post makes sense from a town perspective. In hindsight, sure, it could be twisted to try and say I was distancing. But while we're here, you also said Laundry was a focus before I left, why didn't I take a hard stance to save him or to bus him?

Furio Tigre

Smash Apprentice
Haven't decided whether or not we'll openly state our night action. Trying to visualize all the possibilities and multiple perspectives at the moment.

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
Well with that known now I gotta rethink my plan.

Right now I want it to go.

Lynch TCat, I jail Ryker, Ridic busses me with an unannounced target that isn't Ryker or Rake or themselves.

Furio stays put.

Thoughts?
If you really are a Jailer, you can test my restriction by jailing me tonight and seeing how the vote count is tomorrow when I attempt to vote.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Ryker, I need 2 things from you:

1.) Why is kantrip scum over idiotic (no offence kantrip)
2.) What is your reasoning behind Furio being such a strong town read when a portion of D1 was Furio playing "Cut Swiss' knees out from under him". Now at the time I will give you Furio's posts against Swiss were justified in the points behind them and feasibly from a third person perspective I'm willing to see the townie intent behind dragging into the thread, but I want your perspective on this.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Slightly bothered by Tcat's 1391. Echoes of Gheb. "I can prove a portion" not sure how to take this yet.

Tcat, why does my claim do so much to influence your town read on me ? I want you to go back to your d1 reasoning and pick out a couple of my posts that you think support this ideal.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Wait, i thought of a third thing, Ryker.

Is the thing I pointed our wrt to votes legitimate or is it plausible that town would feasibly be stuck less 2 votes.

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
As for testing Kanty's Self-Watcher, it's best if we leave certain players to decide for themselves if they target him or not. First thing the next day, Kantrip announces who he saw/didn't saw, and those players can confirm or deny his read. Not 100% since he can guess right if he is faking.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker, I need 2 things from you:

1.) Why is kantrip scum over idiotic (no offence kantrip)
2.) What is your reasoning behind Furio being such a strong town read when a portion of D1 was Furio playing "Cut Swiss' knees out from under him". Now at the time I will give you Furio's posts against Swiss were justified in the points behind them and feasibly from a third person perspective I'm willing to see the townie intent behind dragging into the thread, but I want your perspective on this.
Kantrip's constant OMGUS and his absolute desperation to be 3rd in the potential lynch line-up. If he is an indy (with a wincon he "DOESN'T THINK EXISTS!"), then getting TCat and myself lynched, regardless of TCat's alignment, then he could reach that theoretical wincon. I think he's the indy, which is why I'm voting TCat right now. He could be mafia and I wouldn't be surprised with the way WL treated him at the start of the game trying to diffuse the pressure on him, but I think he's probably the indy.

He's Bardull. Believe me, I know all about his NEED to cut the guy with control's knees out from under him. I've had to deal with it constantly. I don't mind that. What I like is his treatment of this day phase. I simply agree with most of the direction he's taking.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wait, i thought of a third thing, Ryker.

Is the thing I pointed our wrt to votes legitimate or is it plausible that town would feasibly be stuck less 2 votes.
Oh, that's hella legitimate, but there is no advantage in going into that at this stage if we're lynching one of them today. We can go into it tomorrow without giving people ideas.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Alright.

I don't want to lynch Tcat without reading again first though. We have time and we're going to use it.

WRT Kantrip indy: His early play early on gave me those feels. I kind of dropped it because I didn't want to meta read kantrip on something like this. But a self watching indy ? His lighthouse power up must be something quite useful as claiming self-watcher isn't exactly something you could reliably count on.

Kantrip , did the lighthouses being lit effect you in any way ?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It could easily be a safe claim or something he made up on a fly. We really don't know what he is. He could be something akin to the role Raz himself drew in Overswarm's FFT mafia that had a lot of information and is able to set up a safe claim like that.

Top Bottom