• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Golden Sun: The Lost Age (of) Mafia -Game Over! Indy Alex wins!

Kantrip

Kantplay
No the lighthouses have not affected me. I'm assuming the Jupiter Lighthouse will do something to my role, seeing as how I'm a Jupiter Adept and all.

I'm not getting lynched at all Ryker, I'm not trying to set myself up as third. I'm trying to avoid a lynch. That's universal. Sound familiar?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay hold the phones for a moment.

WHERE is this OMGUS everyone keeps talking about? I'm not seeing it. SOMEONE point out where I've been going OMGUS crazy.

Early game I got a lot of pressure and I said "everyone on me is town but Gheb". And then I explained why Gheb was the exception. And then Gheb was SCUM. Where is the rest of this OMGUS everyone keeps referring to?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Hmm interesting theory. But information on who targeted him would almost be useless unless you were specifically designing the role to be able to claim a self watcher. Not only that, but Kantrip's actions regarding Inferno give me pause, after his last adventure as Indy, I don't think at that time in the thread that he flat out runs with the assumption Inferno's a investigate, unless he was designing a situation where Inferno would "clear" him via investigation. I would think Kantrip would be much more paranoid, even if the idea of being "innocent" tempted him via his knowledge.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You misunderstand me. Raz's role knew much more than who targeted him. The information he had simply enabled him to claim self-watcher.

Furio Tigre

Smash Apprentice
He's Bardull. Believe me, I know all about his NEED to cut the guy with control's knees out from under him. I've had to deal with it constantly. I don't mind that. What I like is his treatment of this day phase. I simply agree with most of the direction he's taking.
But do people actually like being controlled? That's a conversation we'll have to save for another time that'll probably just devolve into conflict theory vs. functionalist theory.

Kantrip, your general attitude shifts from mellow/null to defensive/agitated when pressure is placed onto your slot. After pressure fades, you go back to being mellow/null. The point here is that you haven't been proactive enough to substantiate the positioning that you want, and it shows with your play throughout the game.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

kantrip why did you move me to null earlier ?

Furio does TCat still being a null bother you one way or another ?

Furio Tigre

Smash Apprentice
kantrip why did you move me to null earlier ?

Furio does TCat still being a null bother you one way or another ?
Being null does me no good for reading the slot. Combined with her claim, and the massive amount of protectives that we have, I can sympathize with the rest of the roster. Is it telling that she has opted to remain null despite recent pressure in her direction? No, because it's null.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

No , I understood Ryker. I was just thinking aloud somewhat as I consider why kantrip wouldn't calim something considerably more pro-town. If we work under your assumption.

Just like in Puzzle Bobble I feel in this situation Kantrip, despite the risk of that last scum, would be willing to dice roll on a more pro-town power.

However, there is the idea of him simply trying to outlive the blue scum and his plan is to claim something non-threatening to side step death

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Anyhow, i don't intend to lynch Tcat without knowing what she withheld. Feasibly / Logically the upgrade to her power could be commuting with someone, which Idgaf at.

Tcat, could you explain please ?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Alright I'm not gonna announce my jail.

Stay on me Ridic don't tell who you switch me with.

I'm ready to end this day, we'll cross the Ryker/Furio/Kantrip bridge tomarrow.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
And no I am not jailing TCat to prove she can't vote or not.

She would be an issue in Lylo if scum has a roleblocker, we are looking at roleblocker strongman right now.

Careful everyone.

I'll hammer later.

Ryker you all caught up?

Kantrip

Kantplay
But do people actually like being controlled? That's a conversation we'll have to save for another time that'll probably just devolve into conflict theory vs. functionalist theory.

Kantrip, your general attitude shifts from mellow/null to defensive/agitated when pressure is placed onto your slot. After pressure fades, you go back to being mellow/null. The point here is that you haven't been proactive enough to substantiate the positioning that you want, and it shows with your play throughout the game.
Yes, I act like a buffoon when there's pressure on me. But we all know that. That's defensive Kantplay for you. What's new? My question is, where is the OMGUS?

And how is being proactive related to getting defensive? Those points don't connect at all. Yes my D1 was bad. But after D1 my play completely changed for the better because I recognized how bad D1, and I did improve in productivity. I don't see what everyone's talking about with regards to "OMGUS"....

Kantrip

Kantplay
No , I understood Ryker. I was just thinking aloud somewhat as I consider why kantrip wouldn't calim something considerably more pro-town. If we work under your assumption.

Just like in Puzzle Bobble I feel in this situation Kantrip, despite the risk of that last scum, would be willing to dice roll on a more pro-town power.

However, there is the idea of him simply trying to outlive the blue scum and his plan is to claim something non-threatening to side step death
This is WIFOM but totally true. Probably would have claimed a hard investigative like Cop or something. Let's not get into it, though.

I'm pretty sure tcat's hidden info that helps scum is that she is voteblocked when she fails to commute.

I also really want Ryker before tcat guys you haven't convinced me play-wise that tcat is the right play. Even claim-wise Ryker is worse. And look at his jump on tcat this page. His plan is to go tcat, then to go for me, and THEN he'll look at his ridic and Furio reads. He hasn't fleshed those town reads out yet so that it's easier to back down from them. DON'T LET HIM DO THIS.

Gaaahhhhhh

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

That barely helps scum though. A potential roleblocker isn't going to waste a action like that on Tcat to sheist town out of a vote when they could potentially stop Ryu's protection

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And for the record, I will go for TCat, then for you, and then examine Furio and Riddick depending on whether or not the game is still going on because that's what a townie does.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Kantrip.

What is tcat's pro-town intent to question ryu, not follow up and then join that selfsame wagon.

Plus, WL and BSL have been watching.

That's just enough wifom for me to be totally okay with this

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Like, she actually dropped it essentially because Swiss told her to.

All of my why to how she decides to follow up on her own questioning.

The most you could say is : she was waiting to see where it was going.

And that is weak sauce, from my pov as a townie she would follow up on Swiss with why he wasn't looking into the similarities between my claimed ability and Ryu's

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
And no I am not jailing TCat to prove she can't vote or not.

She would be an issue in Lylo if scum has a roleblocker, we are looking at roleblocker strongman right now.
You have chance to possibly prove a role and maybe prevent mislynching an armor role that scum can't Nightkill this close to the end, and you won't because of my lack of extensive questioning to a fakeclaim that got a confession out of a scum?? Why??? This makes no ****ing sense! Your reasoning here shows no intent to lynch a scum, rather to eliminate a role. Also, what if scum roleblocked me? We've only seen evidence of one night kill each night, and unless the possible indy has a nightkill along with the blue scum, the scum would be wasting their nightkill to roleblock me instead.

Plus, WL and BSL have been watching.
That is the bull****tiest reason I've ever seen and you should be ashamed.

Furio Tigre

Smash Apprentice
Here's the problem, TCat. You're arguing semantics at this stage of the game when you hardly have much substantiation under your belt. This is why I said that following S&C without doing work yourself will lead to an outcome that doesn't bode well for any town slot. When you kill the shepherd, the sheep become confused and have no idea what to do because the shepherd was leading everyone all along. Another thing is that even if you are thinking and aren't a sheep, if you're not speaking your mind and saying what you think Town should do, then you can't ascertain credibility. You can postulate that you were operating in Town's interest by letting S&C lead, but you can't actually prove it.

That being said, I want you to actually speak your mind and explain, in-depth, your reads and the like. This is your last shot before you get hammered. Even if RR and Rake aren't using the best reasoning, what does that mean? What's your read on them? Where do you think Town should go from here on out (a lynch order works here). Is there anything new you can bring to the table before we hardbody you to oblivion?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Your input in the Inferno lynch only advanced it, it didn't actually add any more merit to it. It makes total sense to question your intent, you question Ryu in the first place but when Swiss says jump, you say "How high".

So why'd you drop your own line there ?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You have chance to possibly prove a role and maybe prevent mislynching an armor role that scum can't Nightkill this close to the end, and you won't because of my lack of extensive questioning to a fakeclaim that got a confession out of a scum?? Why??? This makes no ****ing sense! Your reasoning here shows no intent to lynch a scum, rather to eliminate a role. Also, what if scum roleblocked me? We've only seen evidence of one night kill each night, and unless the possible indy has a nightkill along with the blue scum, the scum would be wasting their nightkill to roleblock me instead.

That is the bull****tiest reason I've ever seen and you should be ashamed.
I thought scum could only be a strongman with how Swiss/Adumb died now I'm not so sure when Raz corrected me on my role.

PermaBP, scum won't shoot you. They have every indenture to let you sit t endgame, and I think you can very easily be scum right now.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Exactly.

They will kill Ryu and RB ryker so that only Ridick can possibly mess with their kill from mypov

Furio Tigre

Smash Apprentice
Thoughts on Ryker and Furio withholding promotion info?
Three people did this, including TCat. Myself and Ryker can easily manufacture "promotions", especially so because you already explained your promotion and how it worked. The answer to the question will inevitably be "it's null" and she will say it's null because she would either turn herself into a hypocrite by saying it's scummy, or she could say it's townie but then eventually rationalize that since there's at least one scum left, it isn't plausible that we did it just to look more townie.

Furio Tigre

Smash Apprentice
TCat, please ignore Rake and RR's line of questioning and answer mine, which is particularly more relevant, no offense to those two fine gentlemen over there.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Even contrasted against all the points against Ryker?

I don't remember this interaction you're talking about so I'll have to reread it, but I just don't know man
I agree with half the things you said, but we need to lynch TCat down the road if there is a roleblocker even if she is town.

I thi k age is scum though, but you and Ryker are my focus after her, kind of Furio too but he's harder for me to see right.

Top Bottom