• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Girls

Amide

Smash Lord
Hylian wins this thread. Be confident. But that doesn't man going up to a girl saying "I love you." XD

comboking

Smash Master
this thread is amazing Hylian is just jealous that he has no threads like this.
this is like a chat room
lots of posts in one night

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Haha jealous? You might want to go read my advice :).

I don't have a thread like this because I know how to talk to girls :).

smasher?o.0

Smash Journeyman
Sure of what? Talking to her through other people doesn't really allow you to get to know each other. Just her, it may sting but at least you'll know what she thinks; make sure she's alone though.
in other situations it would work
trust me my family is good with love...
from mushiness to sex
and yes read his advice

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Just remember the golden rule and you'll be fine: Make sure she's not a dude, seriously!

I'm not kidding, this has happened to me before...

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
This thread is scary.
If I asked a guardian "Can I go to the mall with some friends?" they'd interrogate me.

:p

Anyways,
you tried to ask your friend to ask the girl you like if she likes you more than a friend, right?

Kay, last time I did that, it got out of hand.

Amide

Smash Lord
this thread is amazing Hylian is just jealous that he has no threads like this.
this is like a chat room
lots of posts in one night
Hylian's Dr. Pepper thread>This thread. But chatrooms>normal threads.

Hylian if you're reading this why did you change your name to green? REd was more... Moddish.

To contribute to topic... Judge Judy what the hell lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
There is no need to ask other people. If she likes you then she likes you. If she doesn't...she doesn't. Having your friend ask her won't do anything. Seriously, what is it going to change?

Just go and talk to her. Be yourself and confident. Find out some of her intrests through small talk and expand on them. Tell interesting experiences. Anything, just talk to her.

Look at it this way: If you find out she doesn't like you through your friend then you aren't going to talk to her. If you just don't ask your friend and talk to her anyway she might become interested in you even if she wasn't before. You litterally have NOTHING to lose and everything to gain.

Edit: Green is my favorite color. I will probably be switching the color around a lot because I actually like the look of red despite not liking the actual color that much.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No problem. I'm glad it only took me two posts to convince you unlike the 9 pages of other people LOL. :). I'm open for questions if you have any as well.

Also! I forgot one thing! Always smell good. Seriously, make sure that you smell good everytime she sees you. She will start to associate you with things that smell good and that is AMAZING. Don't overdue it obviously, but always smelling nice around her goes a long way.

smasher?o.0

Smash Journeyman
k hylians got it covered lol
going to go away now and post for 200 since im on a roll
also let your mom kno u like someone and see what she thinks (it might ruin it though)

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Haven't read a whole lot of previous posts but here goes:

The first post was the most dead on. Just talk to her. Don't ask her out immediately.

Reason is, don't just ask this girl out because she likes you. You need to know if you like her. Otherwise it ends up being a really stupid relationship that lasts for a week or two.

You want to get to know her and see if you two could work together. Right now there's a girl I think likes me, but I don't know if I like her yet because I don't know if she quite gets me. Also, I just don't know if she's on the same intellectual level as me (it's not because she's not intelligent. I just don't know if she thinks the same way that I do. And if she can't understand the way I think, then we'd have serious issues that I wouldn't want to deal with).

Basically, don't flip out just because a girl likes you.

Secondly, talking to girls isn't hard. Here's the best tip you'll ever get when it comes to talking to girls: Treat them like they're people.

That's it.

Don't treat them like they're girls, they'll be able to tell. I've heard from so many girls that they just want to be treated like a human being--or that they appreciate or even LIKE a guy just because he's the only one that treats them like a real human being and not a girl.

But you can't just be doing that because you want the girl to like you. You have to really believe that they are just people and you want to get to know them apart from romantic interest. This is basic.

Even if you have a crush on a girl that doesn't mean you like her. You like a girl when you've gotten to know her and you two get along with one another in a way that moves in a romantic direction.

Having a crush on a girl is having that awkward feeling in your stomach before you even know her.

Loving a girl is something that happens WAY later in a relationship. Remember that. It doesn't come within the first few months or anything. So don't say "I love you" within that time. Just trust me. The only reason I can give advice on relationships is because I've been in a ton of them and have made just about every mistake humanly possible. So please take my advice.

As far as your parents not wanting you to date: Leave that for when you know that you two like one another. It all depends on your age. If you're like 13 or 14, I'd say listen to your parents. If you're between 15-17, talk to your parents about it and let them know how you feel about it. If you're 18+ then you're an adult by then and can make your own decisions.

But don't try having a relationship behind your parents' backs. It's not a fun experience. I never told my parents when I was dating--ever. They just sort of had to guess (and they sometimes guessed wrong). It just made things awkward and ended up putting a wall between my parents and I that took a while to break down (and is still coming down).

So yeah, that's basically my advice.

Let me know if you need more. I know a lot about how romance and girls work in general.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Best method ever (I don't recommend this to anyone): Read Twilight and talk to a girl about it.
It could be a clincher, lolz
*sarcasm*

but to relate to the topic, I believe that girls prefer the cute and "hot" guys, which gives everyone else no chance in hell. I myself am in the "Everyone else" category with my hugea** forehead and the muffintop. I've had a crush on a girl for 5 months (not counting the summer) but I haven't done anything about it since it's not that big of a deal to me atm and I'm shy. And to make things worse, I'm those kind of people who worry too much about things. Like Hylian said, there's nothin to lose but I worry that I might suddenly look like a stalker to her (I worry WAY too much and it sucks).

Man, if only all girls are like the kinds of people who talk to basically everyone..

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Proverbs read my posts lol. They are on the page before this one. He knows what to do ^_^. Good advice though.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Oh, one last thing:

Chances are she WILL NOT appreciate your interest in Smash. Most girls think it's really stupid.

However that one girl I was debating over thought it was really cool that I am looking to start doing smash tournaments really soon.

But not every girl will do that. Few will. So yeah, just a heads up.

TheDUD

Smash Journeyman
Oh, one last thing:

Chances are she WILL NOT appreciate your interest in Smash. Most girls think it's really stupid.

However that one girl I was debating over thought it was really cool that I am looking to start doing smash tournaments really soon.

But not every girl will do that. Few will. So yeah, just a heads up.
um I'm a girl and I love smash and lots of other video games for that matter o.0

TheDUD

Smash Journeyman
^LOL ok point made :chuckle: ....would it be more awesome if I told you that I make smash t-shirts? lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
^LOL ok point made :chuckle: ....would it be more awesome if I told you that I make smash t-shirts? lol
It would be more awesome if you lived near me and I was attracted to you :).

Shirts are cool too.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
What I find hilarious is the fact that you're a girl and yet I read your name phonetically as "The Dude."

Just thought that was funny to point out.

Top Bottom