• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimme Yo' Top Ten Bess Games of all Time, Son!

vZakat

Half Genie
This thread has so many good games mentioned. :awesome:
Anyway, Here a general idea of my top 10.

1. SSBM
2. GGXXAC
3. Super Metroid
4. Tetris Attack
5. Super Mario World
6. Star Ocean 2/3
7. Gunstar Heroes
8. Megaman x series (particularly 1,2 and 4)
9. Bangai-O
10. Rayman (and probably origins once I play it)
Honerable mentions. Ristar, Sparkster(snes), Bust-a-move 4.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I do not enjoy being a hater But Star Ocean 3 was easily the worst of the series. It completely boned any story that the rest of the series had built.

Also,

TOE JAM AND M****RF*****G EARL

vZakat

Half Genie
I do not enjoy being a hater But Star Ocean 3 was easily the worst of the series. It completely boned any story that the rest of the series had built
Have you played 4? I can understand not liking the plot twist (if you can call it that) but even then 3 did so many things better than 4. 4's battle system was slow and boring, item creation was basically item fetching, and no more private actions just to name a few.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Have you played 4? I can understand not liking the plot twist (if you can call it that) but even then 3 did so many things better than 4. 4's battle system was slow and boring, item creation was basically item fetching, and no more private actions just to name a few.
I didnt like 4 either. International Edition was more tolerable. But still bad. 1 and 2 were just so much better and had a very intricate storyline.

Kinda like FFXII. 12 was decent at best but the International edition was freakin spot on.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Star Ocean 4 international on PS3 was tolerable at best but it was a very unsatisfying game. Traded that ish as soon as I beat it. lol

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Star Ocean 4 international on PS3 was tolerable at best but it was a very unsatisfying game. Traded that ish as soon as I beat it. lol
sounds like my with Fire Emblem On the DS. The remake of the first one. Dark Dragon or whatever the hell that crap was.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I do not enjoy being a hater But Star Ocean 3 was easily the worst of the series. It completely boned any story that the rest of the series had built.

Also,

TOE JAM AND M****RF*****G EARL
toe jam and earl take up my 1-10 spots

simply because they can

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
lol I played it when dejap or whatever it was called were doing translation patches. i loved it lol

Also Saga Frontier series is pri good :)
Except SaGa II was bad.

Man, did no one else play Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 2?

:phone:

Pritch

Smash Lord
As the only one to mention tales of symphonia AND mischief makers (omg I thought I was the only one who knew about that game), umby is the man. That is all.

Exdeath

Smash Master
In order of whatever came to mind (Smash doesn't count):

Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy 6

Valkyrie Profile: CotP

Star Ocean 2

Ogre Battle 64

Muramasa

Metroid Fusion

Pokemon Red

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Killer Instinct

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
1) Super Smash Bros. Melee (Smash 64 is close, but I won't list it twice because the games are too similar).
2) Super Mario 64
3) Super Metroid
4) Super Mario Bros 3. (All-Stars is obviously broken-tier though since it includes many great games. 2nd best 2d mario game is either Super Mario Bros. 1 or Super Mario World. This game was incredible for it's time)
5) Metroid Prime
6) Mega Man 2 (3 was 2nd best but all of them were amazingly great. I have the unofficial WR speed run for MM2)
7) Mega Man X/X2 (these were the best 2 X games, and X4 was great too, but these also wouldn't exist without the original Mega Man games even though it's basically an upgraded version of it).
8) Halo PC (I was super-super pro at this before I started Melee tournaments but I only played for personal challenge and enjoyment. I honestly think I was the best player at this game at least that I could find on any online server back in 2005)
9) Mario Kart 64 (Double Dash was amazing too)
10) Banjo-Kazooie

Pokemon Blue was amazing.
F-Zero GX is amazingly underrated and god-like
Zelda OoT and LttP were awesome
Metroid Fusion is great (and Zero Mission)
DKC 2 is a great game as well
Star Fox 64 was fun
Spyro the Dragon for PS1 was really fun
I was god-like at Killer Instinct Gold (N64 version. Could do 0-60%+ combos with every character consistently on Ludicrious speed setting, memorized every no mercy, found tons of glitches).

-Everybody must buy Mega Man Anniversary Collection and Mega Man X Collection if they have not done so already.

note that I am biased towards nintendo because that is what I grew up with, but if you haven't played ALL of the games that I listed above, you better get to it. Seriously.

allshort17

Smash Ace
My personal list:

1. The world ends with you (DS)
2 Okami (I only played the Wii version. I don't know if the Ps2 one could be better)
3. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (GC)
4. Jet Grind Radio (DC)
5. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's inside story (DS)
6. Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Everywhere! lol)
7. Tales of Symphonia (GC)
8. Baten Kaitos Origins (GC)
9. Burnout Revenge (Xbox)
10. SSX 3 (GC)

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
In no particular order; I tried to dig through my memory for this but even still it's pretty heavily weighted toward recent games.

Roller Coaster Tycoon
Lego Island
SSBM
Tony Hawk Pro Skater
Super Mario World
Starcraft (/BW)
Pokemon Silver
Monster Hunter Tri
Guitar Hero World Tour
Jedi Power Battles

And shoutouts to 3D movie maker and chex quest for being other boss games when I was little.

Ugh I need to rebuy RCT1/2 so I can get @ some nostalgia.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I just played Skyward Sword and it's the best game I ever played.

It was just genius. Eternal Sonata was genius too, but it didn't offer what Skyward Sword offered, and it hadn't the potential to do so.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Eternal Sonata is most fun when you play it with someone else/two other people.

Though it's frustrating when they're below your skill level :urg:

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Whoa is Skyward sword that good?

O_o

I'm like an hour into it and it's pretty cool so far.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Skyward Sword is probably one of the best Zelda games, and one of the best games t come out this year. It has it's flaws, but its shortcomings are more than made up in its strengths.

I am a huge Zelda fan and have played every single game multiples times (not counting those poser CD-I games) and I can tell you it's a top 5, if not a top 3, for the franchise.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
1. KoTOR
2. SSBM
3. SMB3
4. Dragon Age Origins
5. Legend of Zelda (NES)
6. Final Fantasy Tactics
7. Mass Effect 1&2
8. WoW
9. Twisted Metal 2
10. Zelda: Link's Awakening

Yeah, I'm a Bioware fan

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
1.psobb
2.twisted metal black
3.dkc3
4.gta4
5.ssbm
6.scbw
7.f-zero gx
8.tekken tag
9.super mario galaxy 2
10.gradius 3

:cool:

:edit: that isnt the exact placements but psobb is my fav 4 sure.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Devil Survivor > TWEWY
Devil Survivor is ok but you're better off playing the better Shin Megami Tensei games for a better experience. Like Nocturne. That game puts extra hair on your balls

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
1. Majora's Mask
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Fire Emblem
4. Tales of Symphonia
5. Portal 2
6. Melee
7.Chrono Trigger
8. Bioshock
9. Tales of Vesperia
10. Metroid Prime

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Never had anything other than a Nintendo console as a kid. I recently got a 360 and a PS2 and I've been playing a lot of those games as well, but in general I don't see them as high quality as the ones on the list. Upon further inspection, I notice that I forgot how good Bioshock and Portal 2 were. I'll have to edit the list a bit. Can't blame Nintendo for making good games though. *shrug*

Top Bottom