• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Melee into Evo 2013! (FOR REALS... maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max?

Smash Champion
I wonder if they listed melee as a joke. Like they knew every other game would poop on in votes.
I'll bet they didn't expect this to happen.

:phone:
They almost certainly did add us as a joke, but that's even more reason to shove this in their faces. They can't ignore this kind of raw data. The other scenes are spoiled by online capabilities. Melee is real, brought to life by actual people getting together and interacting with one another on a personal level. None of this hiding behind the internet bull****. The awesome thing about this poll is I guarantee a ton of the people who voted for Melee would actually show up to EVO, where as most of the people who voted for other games would just watch the stream.

That is the difference between living life and watching it.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
They almost certainly did add us as a joke, but that's even more reason to shove this in their faces. They can't ignore this kind of raw data. The other scenes are spoiled by online capabilities. Melee is real, brought to life by actual people getting together and interacting with one another on a personal level. None of this hiding behind the internet bull****. The awesome thing about this poll is I guarantee a ton of the people who voted for Melee would actually show up to EVO, where as most of the people who voted for other games would just watch the stream.

That is the difference between living life and watching it.
I think I just shed a tear...... I love this game.

V-K

Smash Ace
I voted for Melee, would be awesome if it worked.
But seriously, if we get it to number 1 and they still won't put it in the line up then I will laugh at their ridiculous poll.

Pengie

Smash Lord
So Melee's in 4th right now after the big two and for some odd reason KOFXIII being the one with the most...

probably still won't be added even if it does make top 3.

OneAndOnly KIP

Smash Journeyman
removed by request
Yeh man you really hit the nail on the head there. Not everyone can aspire to be great and work at a sick place like trader joe's and get mad *****es. I hope I can be that great some day. Someone who takes a troll comment about a game serious enough to personally attack someone must have a lot going on in their life aside from a dead game.

Max?

Smash Champion
Yeh man you really hit the nail on the head there. Not everyone can aspire to be great and work at a sick place like trader joe's and get mad *****es. I hope I can be that great some day. Someone who takes a troll comment about a game serious enough to personally attack someone must have a lot going on in their life aside from a dead game.

This is true, my life is shallow and lacks meaning. I make personal attacks because I'm bored and I have nothing else to do with my time.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
This a beautiful thing....I'm worried about two things though, if we reach the top spot, can we maintain it till voting closes? And if by some miracle evo does pick up melee, will we have the numbers to back it up?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Its been over 45 minutes since an update...

I'm dyin' over here fellas :(
The King of Fighters XIII 1797
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 1603
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 1555
Super Smash Bros. Melee 1466
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 1297
Persona 4 Arena 1163
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R 1135
Dead or Alive 5 665
Mortal Kombat 9 629
Injustice: Gods Among Us 611
Divekick 599
Soul Calibur V 599
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 481
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma 467
Street Fighter X Tekken 436
VIRTUAL FIGHTER 5 FINAL SHOWDOWN 380
Capcom vs SNK 2 305
Skullgirls 305
Super Street Fighter II Turbo 277
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike 274
Darkstalkers 3 (Vampire Savior) 243
MLP: Fighting is Magic 214
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code 178
Why is Cross Tekken here? 160
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 159
Pokémon Black 2 134
Arcana Heart 3 108
Shaq Fu 108
Killer Instinct 107
Marvel vs Capcom 2 106

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Freaking hype if Melee beats Marvel and SSF4.

And the best part is, our community can achieve it.

Lovage

Smash Hero
i've been saying for years melee is the perfect fit for evo

would be really sick if something actually comes of this

Revven

FrankerZ
for some odd reason KOFXIII being the one with the most...
How is this odd? KoFXIII was a major, MAJOR hit and success for both players and spectators alike at Evo 2012. Evo 2012 alone brought in new players, even players from SFIVAE & UMVC3 playing it. I'm not sure if the hype has died down since then (unlikely, because I believe Season's Beatings Summer Jam had the same level of hype as Evo for KoF).

That's why it's important Melee gets this chance. If our game got exposed to an audience that otherwise wouldn't see it, with the hype our game generates (as well as how our spectators at tournaments alone hype stuff up) there would be no way to ignore SSBM's success as a legitimate and competitive fighting game in the eyes of the FGC.

IF we got in, this would be the time to prove our game is just as amazing as all the other fighting games.

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
again, someone who can contact owners of Wombo Combo and M2K vs Shiz 4 should have them post the link in the video description

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Just a reminder

Click "more"

And invite people

Right now, Melee has only 8 votes less than Street Fighter IV

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
i know most of us don't watch it anymore, but if you look at wombo combo's vid stats views have been INCREASING AT THE SAME PACE SINCE ITS RELEASE.

GET THAT LINK ON THERE

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Melee's second wind as a true fighting game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom