• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Melee into Evo 2013! (FOR REALS... maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
There is currently a poll going on at the official EVOLUTION Facebook page. Mr. Wizard is trying to gauge interest for a potential lineup next year.

The fact of the matter is this: We had a 318 player Melee national this year. If at least every Apex 2012 entrant gave Melee a vote, it would have to raise an eyebrow over at the Evo staff. The only games touching that number right now are Marvel and AE. KOF, MK, Tekken, DOA (all game that are a year or less old) don't even come close... to an 11 year old game.

Lets bring Smash back to the big stage.

Or at least troll the fgc :awesome:

KZEZ

Smash Cadet
It may be helpful to post this on regional smash FB pages as well, that way it gets people who don't check smashboards as often and people are only two clicks away. Just voted. For tracking purposes at the time of the post Melee is at 243 votes and currently in 13th place.

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
I posted it on SOCAL melee group, which has 300++ members
&
melee hawaii group, which has 60+ members

@ the time of this post it has 251 votes, still@13th, cmon guys! this could be big.

Revven

FrankerZ
OMG, I voted, PLEASE happen! Someone should get this on the Smashboards news IMO so it's at the top of the page so more people can see.

Revven

FrankerZ
At the time of postin, 321 votes. Come on guys, we need to hit a real high number, let's shoot for 700 or something. :)

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Voted. 356 and counting! We're in 11th place atm. Not bad for a ten year old children's party game :yeahboi:

Armada

Smash Lord
As long as so many smashers vote at 5+ games this will never even be a good results for us. I understand if people wanna see many/more games but if we even wanna have a small chance to make it people should take those votes at other games back.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
As long as so many smashers vote at 5+ games this will never even be a good results for us. I understand if people wanna see many/more games but if we even wanna have a small chance to make it people should take those votes at other games back.
Armada's right, it kinda defeats the point if you also vote for King of Fighters or whatever, so make sure to only vote Melee.

LET'S DO IT UP, I voted, I'm gonna try to get some friends to vote, come on folks, we can get it. Make sure that the people that don't usually check Melee Discussion find out about this thread.

Good stuff Anth0ny, would never have known about this otherwise.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
As of about a minute ago Melee has passed Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive, and Injustice (though there are only about six votes between them). Keep 'er climbing. It will at least garner some attention.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Posted it to the PM Facebook page. We got 3k likes so I think that'll help.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Guests reading this topic, go vote.

Members reading this topic, go vote.

Link friends of yours if you're confident that they won't also vote for other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom