• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
* Naz comes to smile without saying why, then leaves the chat and goes to sleep *
Sleep well @Nazyrus . I know i will as well...
Oh god, how am I supposed to get any sleep before Monday morning?

Everything is shaping up too perfect for our boy Geno. While I will still never fully believe anything that's not official, this is about the closest time I can ever think of Geno may be getting revealed. I only drink for special occasions nowadays, but it may be time for me to pick up a bottle of Lagavulin in preparation for Monday. Something tells me I'm going to need a drink, regardless of what happens that day.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
You guys got my expectations high lol
My Smashboards account was created for Geno speculation back in Brawl. Seeing him finally in would be incredible. It would take some time to actually sink in if it does happen.

Also, over 3000 pages!

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Imagine thinking Geno isn't gonna be playable in Ultimate
IMG_20200218_165948.jpg

(Okay, but seriously, WHAT IS HAPPENING?! I'm usually calm and collected, but now we have these credible people backed up by Fatman coming in here hinting at... SOMETHING?! I am freaking out for you guys right now. This is feeling like Banjo & Kazooie hints before E3 last year. I'm close to being all in on Geno as #7... Who knows what more hints will be dropped before the Direct?!)

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Is this... Seriously happening?

I have no words. I can't let myself get dragged too deep into this yet, but on the other hand I am SQUEALING right now

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am... very curious to see how things go Monday. A lot has happened and it all feels like it's building up to something quite special.

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
Wait, What in the world did I miss? I'm gonna go through the pages but if someone can fill me in as to what happened today I'd be greatly appreciated

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Wait, What in the world did I miss? I'm gonna go through the pages but if someone can fill me in as to what happened today I'd be greatly appreciated
same, I’m reading the hype but can’t find why there’s so much hype.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Knowing would be nice, but the surprise will be quite sweet I imagine.
Feels like less of a surprise when the hints are pretty obvious in what they're saying, who they're saying it to, and obviously where. :224:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Two people who used to be part of Sabi's whole inner circle just came in, pretty much did a "haha ;)" and left.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Knowing would be nice, but the surprise will be quite sweet I imagine.
As I've said in the past, there's a couple of things that I feel shouldn't be spoiled and a great amount of effort from a great of amount of great people over the past year have managed to keep them secret for the full impact that several of the upcoming announcements deserve. It's like waiting for your kids to open presents on Christmas Day, knowing the hardship and sheer amount of cooperation it took to keep them secret was well worth it. To be involved in something like this is an amazing feeling and for things to finally, finally come to pass on Monday is an enormous relief. You all are worth it and I appreciate the support and comraderie this fanbase has given me over the years so it's the least I can do.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Feels like less of a surprise when the hints are pretty obvious in what they're saying, who they're saying it to, and obviously where. :224:
Maybe, but perhaps as long as we don't go past insinuation of what is being talked about, we can keep the ball rolling.

Also, there seems to be more to see than the one big thing we are all thinking about after these visits.

Outsiders

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone!

Been on the lurking side for a bit now...probably joining here later than I should've.

Anywho, I'm just an average shy artist fella that's been hoping for Geno's inclusion in Smash since Brawl. It's crazy that all these years of waiting seem like they're gonna pay off soon.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I love this thread so much. it's a shame it'll close when Geno gets revealed, I read through this thread almost everyday. I'll miss you guys :sadeyes:
It won't close, it will just become a social thread. A lot of us will probably still be around till a bit after Geno gets released.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Maybe, but perhaps as long as we don't go past insinuation of what is being talked about, we can keep the ball rolling.
This is literally what happened with Banjo last year.
It's no surprise. They're saying he's in. Whether it's true or not comes to the Direct, but that message is pretty ****ing clear to me bro. :nifty:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I kinda wish I was at home at my PC, I could change my profile pic to my Geno Butt-Kicking Hyperdrive image. I should be home Monday just in time for the direct though. I’m currently staying with my grandparents, which I do every weekend, we have a good time.

Also it’s 3 AM and the hype has made me not want to sleep and really want to sleep at the same time.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This is literally what happened with Banjo last year.
It's no surprise. They're saying he's in. Whether it's true or not comes to the Direct, but that message is pretty ****ing clear to me bro. :nifty:
I forgot that I do not know how to portray a joking tone in Smashboards.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Whatever happens, whether Geno gets in or he doesn't, it was a blessing to meet all of you. I've been a Geno fan since I first played SMRPG so many years ago, and while I knew other people liked him, too, it was still something incredible to see first hand that all of you really exist and the way that this one little star doll brought you all together as a community - one that I hope I'm considered a part of at this point, even though I've comparatively been here for very little time in the greater scheme of things. But seriously.. I've been in online groups before, and I have offline friends that I share many interests with, but here in this thread was the first time I was able to feel so many ups and downs... and have those feelings shared by a large number of people. Even before I decided to 'incarnate' as Griselda, back when I was just silently watching the thread, I still felt connected, like I was right there with you. I know some of you are leaving in the event that Geno gets in, and I've considered doing the same many times, but know that even if I do, I'll always remember my time here. Which sounds super cheesy, but I mean it. I'm not super close with any of you, but even to have this many acquaintances is something important to me, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that feeling.

So here's to one last battle, even if it's in a war that I jumped into at the last second.

Droodle

Smash Lord
>Thread pages spiked.
>Everyone's happy.
>Couple of insiders hint at him.
bruh.jpg
I can't believe I missed the official reveal, and I'm usually always here too.

bruh.jpg

If he's not shown off on Monday I'm going to be very sad.
>Looks at phone.
Okay, I'm going to freeze myself for the next day. See you guys then.

EDIT: Also just a reminder, when we get the boi in Smash; just be happy he's in. Don't engage with people that come here to stir **** up. Just be happy he's in, and leave it at that. And also don't **** on other picks either even if we don't get Geno revealed on Monday though I trust this fanbase enough to do that for everyone that isn't a Fire Emblem character.

Also, also Gamestop leak was fake. Don't go on the account and post smug comments about how they leaked it on accident. Coincidences can happen.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Im still not too sure about all this, im not completely trusting nazyrus and that one other guy yet. Im interested in what fatman is talking about but im not celebrating yet.

Overal, for me, this doesn't quite feel the same as the banjo shinobi thing

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Three questions.

1. Who the heck are these two?
2. Why should we trust them?
3. Has Sabi gotten ANYTHING right regarding Smash that wasn't already leaked?

Last edited:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Y'know, it's funny, but this might be our last stop. Personally I've been on this train since I first played SMRPG back when I was 8 years old. I didn't really get into Smash speculation until later on in my life, but for a good portion of it I would often dream of Geno, Mallow, Smithy, and so many other characters from the SMRPG cast returning in some form. It's so bizarre to think that this could very well be it.

Obviously not locking in anything, but I did wanna reflect on some things in the event that our boy comes home soon. The morale and excitement in this thread is so tangible it even forced me out of one of my sporadic lurking sprees! All this energy has me hyped up as well, so I just wanna say...
*breathes in*

LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!
876a61389007d581750bf34797b8f162b2439ccar1-357-357_hq.gif

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I am still doubtful as to some of these hints. But we're defintley in the endgame now. Whether it be Monday or the end of the Fighter's Pass.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm not falling for the hype personally. My least favorite type of leaking by far is this vague ominous wink wink nudge nudge type ****. Like bro, just say it. If it was truly that difficult to reveal who it was, you could've waited. :nifty: You're a leaker, not an insinuator.

Feel free to do whatever you do though, this just doesn't seem to line up.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I'm not falling for the hype personally. My least favorite type of leaking by far is this vague ominous wink wink nudge nudge type ****. Like bro, just say it. If it was truly that difficult to reveal who it was, you could've waited. :nifty: You're a leaker, not an insinuator.

Feel free to do whatever you do though, this just doesn't seem to line up.
This. Especially if the Direct is shadowdropped (thus being it a mini) I can’t see big announcements happening like F-Zero, Super Mario Collection or FP7. It wouldn’t be a hype suspense and pretty lame if we can just skip through the presentation. I just hope that if something’s coming tomorrow, they’ll at least premiere it on YouTube. In that instance it’s semi live and everyone will know about something at the same moment.

OffBi

Smash Ace
yo yo yo what's going on dudes? sorry for being inactive here, i was busy being active on the star road server
but anyways, CONGRATS ON PASSING 3000 PAGES!!!!
and uh, that geno guy is cool, he'd be a fine addition to smash
picture_his_booty.gif

(Void(Tara),who's on the Star Road server, did the outside Geno, i did the booty)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This. Especially if the Direct is shadowdropped (thus being it a mini) I can’t see big announcements happening like F-Zero, Super Mario Collection or FP7. It wouldn’t be a hype suspense and pretty lame if we can just skip through the presentation. I just hope that if something’s coming tomorrow, they’ll at least premiere it on YouTube. In that instance it’s semi live and everyone will know about something at the same moment.
I don't believe that type of reveal would be impossible. Considering some fo this information was held back from E3, **** like that is pretty plausible for that type of setting.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Nekoo is vouching for the two of them in the Newcomer thread right now, oh boy. Something tells me this thread is going to be ALOT more active in the morning, and probably not in a good way. I'd brace for a flood people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom