• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Holy **** you're right. I can't believe I forgot about the man of steel. Clearly Superman 64 is the greatest video game of all time.
No. Lets not get crazy here.

It's one of the worst video games of all time.

And that's exactly what we deserve.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
But yeah guys if this is the end of the road, it was nice having fun with all you here for 23 months since I joined Smashboards back in September of 2018. It has been a wild ride and I'm going to miss a lot of you guys. I'll still be here, but I know a lot of you will move on from speculation after Geno get's in as a lot of you having been waiting too long.

So was I.
I see that now.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait hold up.

You guys went through the effort of building a community and don't intend to stay acquainted with each other after a potential confirmation?

Not even to chill in a potential Geno social or discord?

I just don't see the point of saying goodbyes after actually getting the thing you want.

Calane

Smash Ace
I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but it seems like things are looking up for this thread. Nobody here probably remembers me, but I posted in here a few times in the past.

Geno is actually a nostalgic character for me. I played Mario RPG when I was very young, and I believe it was my first JRPG. In a way, I have it to thank for getting me into the genre, which would eventually lead me to finding one of my favorite video game franchises of all time (Dragon Quest).

While the "Brave" wars are long over, I felt that it'd be funny to hop in as a representative of team Erdrick and wish you all luck for the supposed direct on Monday. Seriously, I mean it. I hope you all finally get to have your happy ending too.

Even if things don't pan out, this sentiment still stands. Good luck Geno, and good luck Geno supporters.

Dragon_Quest_III_hero_male_sprite_SFC.gif
unnamed.gif
Dragon_Quest_III_hero_male_sprite_SFC.gif

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but it seems like things are looking up for this thread. Nobody here probably remembers me, but I posted in here a few times in the past.

Geno is actually a nostalgic character for me, as I played Mario RPG when I was very young, and I believe it was my first JRPG. In a way, I have it to thank for getting me into the genre, which would eventually lead me to finding one of my favorite video game franchises of all time (Dragon Quest).

While the "Brave" wars are long over, I felt that it'd be funny to hop in as a representative of team Erdrick and wish you all luck for the supposed direct on Monday. Seriously, I mean it. I hope you all finally get to have your happy ending too.

Even if things don't pan out, this sentiment still stands. Good luck Geno, and good luck Geno supporters.

View attachment 279194View attachment 279196View attachment 279194
Smash right now already has Cloud and Hero, representing the two big RPG juggernauts of Square Enix. Hopefully Geno will get in too to Smash right alongside them.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Okay, so minor issue. The Geno figure's final protective coat of varnish screwed with some of his detailing, mostly in the back. But it's not too horrible, and he's still definitely recognizable.

QQS

Smash Lord
I just wanted to remember my posture. Did people remember that I was 100% believing in Geno since day one and since my first post here? Well I still have that 100%

Also I would die from a heart attack when I see Geno reveal. I mean, I’m here in Smash Boards since August 2019 but people, I’m 30 years old and SMRPG was a gift from my father on Christmas 1996, I was 6 years old playing it. The SNES game was hidden in a Christmas Boot and since that day I felt in love with the game and Geno mostly. Well then I wasn’t on forums and only reading and doing research with my friends or offline. Suffered also all the fan demand, properly since Brawl. Then Wii U costume, didn’t know if I should have die of tears or of joy in that moment. Then again I started “my 100% personal bet on Geno” since Smash Ultímate FP2 was announced. I know he is happening and it’s the most obvious thing for me, finally. After all the evidence and insane fan demand. I can say easily that he is the number #1 pick and MUST in the Smash History right now. Then you can say Sora, Crash, Rayman, Isaac, Lloyd, Bandana, Skull Kid, Dixie and many more. But Geno is the King of the Hill after Ridley, KKR and B-K made it.

Well I just want to thank all the people here, you are all good people and of course I would love to be here even after the Geno announcement. Not dying with speculation never again cause after Geno I’m 100% done with my wishes. Though I also love Skull Kid, Zero and Knuckles/Tails. But that’s another and smaller story and only with Geno my heart, soul, wishes and demand will be 100% granted. Forever grateful about him.

I can’t tag you all but thank you people. This really feels like a real life tribe and I imagined it all associating your usernames to your words. Never imagined the amount of love and passion we all feel from this character, worldwide.

As I said before it’s been 24 years since Geno was playable and 24 years since I first played SMRPG as a 6 years old kid. Now I’m 30 and the reveal of Geno would be something that will fills my heart with so many good memories, emotions and love. Never lose your principles and nothing is impossible. Not a single thing.

Always dream.

QQS from Chile.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Maybe Geno shouldn't get in then.
I mean I almost had a heart attack twice. The first time was when K. Rool was revealed and the 2nd time was when Banjo & Kazooie were revealed. I somehow survived. I thought I was about to have to go to the emergency room with how fast my heart was beating after Banjo & Kazooie were revealed.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean I almost had a heart attack twice. The first time was when K. Rool was revealed and the 2nd time was when Banjo & Kazooie were revealed. I somehow survived. I thought I was about to have to go to the emergency room with how fast my heart was beating after Banjo & Kazooie were revealed.
That is not making me feel any better.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I somehow survived. I thought I was about to have to go to the emergency room with how fast my heart was beating after Banjo & Kazooie were revealed.
That's not healthy. Go to a doctor to check if your heart is working bro.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Can someone catch me up? What's been going on....
Back during Fighters Pass 1, an insider and user here visited the Banjo thread, posted a vague "haha, have fun" response, and then left. Shortly after, Banjo-Kazooie was revealed as one of the DLC characters.

Someone (I think it may be the same person) just visited the Geno thread and left a similar post...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Someone (I think it may be the same person) just visited the Geno thread and left a similar post...
Why would ol Shin leave REra just to come here for a vague clue? Surely they have their own Geno threads over there as well.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Was just pondering all the years of smash speculation and it’s cool to know that Geno went from being a ”Who?” pick to pretty recognizable thanks to all the character speculation in forum posts, memes, and roster videos. That’s pretty dope.

Now if we could only get a true SMRPG2...then to me it would be complete...

That is of course if this recent rumor/hype pans out for Monday and we actually get the Star Puppet Boy. Wonder if the reveal trailer is going to play out exactly like something some of us have imagined for years already.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I doubt any of you remember me...

BUT IM HERE! I'VE ALWAYS BEEN HERE DAMN IT! Even if I don't post, I've lurked, Im NOT gonna miss this! Win or lose!

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
See, it's currently damn near 8 am in my timezone, the birds are chirping, the dogs are barking, the sun is brightly shining, and here I am, not having slept the whole night.

This is what Geno hype does to a man.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The Direct will have to be announced by this afternoon if it's indeed happening tomorrow and that if it's not a mini direct

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
View attachment 279183
Don't mind me, I'm just passing the time until the Direct by making Geno memes.
Maybe it´s because I´m a drunk with 6 shots of tequila, but if this is the felina week of the thread, I can say it´s been a fun week.

Whether if G is a playable character or a costume, I´m gonna be sad.Don´t get angry and never lose your cool if we don´t get what we want. It was a fun ride. So much happened.
I might not post too much in other threads, except Nightmare or Dante. But it will not be as much as Geno. Too close to my childhood and the others were my teen years. Dream on, Genobros.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Well, I just want to say I'm glad to know big names are still as worth discussing as ever. Wasn't a big fan of the "this pass will be more Nintendo-focused" theory after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom