• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
a Purple Pie Man, a double sword user, a star warrior from heaven and a demon killer. this roster can't get any ****ing better!

That is indeed an impressive roster... but there is one character who I think would make it even better.
After all, why have only one boy in blue (Geno), when you can have two?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
As I mentioned in the Dante thread, it would make sense because voice acting is one of the first things knocked out for projects like this. Voice lines are recorded early on so animators can try to match them and this has been a standard for a lot of high level animation for roughly 80 years. Like I said, this would mean that Dante has just gotten started and won't be seen for quite some time. Coincidentally, it might even wind up with him being a VGAs 2020 announcement because god knows they **** the bed with the VGAs 2019 and will have to do a lot for people to care again.

This is also why I asked the Lloyd thread about voice acting tweet earlier because it's within the same time frame as the symbol, the trademark stuff, and the supposed Tales Switch rumors at NoA starting. Under this theory, Lloyd potentially started development in August or September. Now, if you'll recall, a certain other anime swordsman was discovered in the late summer of 2018 by the name of Hero,who would go on to be an E3 2019 announcement. Like I keep saying, I think history is repeating itself.
You do know that Ken & Dante shares the same voiceactor right? And who was apart of the basegame? Thats right, it was Ken.

They could just easily recorded Dante around the same time as Ken.... Sort of what they most likely did with Xander with his Joker voice and announcement lines

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
You do know that Ken & Dante shares the same voiceactor right? And who was apart of the basegame? Thats right, it was Ken.

If Dante is the fifth they could just easily record Dante around the same time as Ken.... Sort of what they most likely did with Xander with his Joker voice and announcement lines
I think the difference with this is Dante COULD be in Post DLC. If he is Fighter 5, I could see that being it, but I doubt that. Everything in this current FP is from new series but also (semi) new companies. Lets say the contract for doing Voice over work was fulfill with the FP cycle of development. Cool, done!

However, they want to do more DLC. Gotta do a new contract and fulfill that one.

EDIT: Also, pretty sure Fatman was talking about Dante in Post, not the current. Just saying, Amigo.

EDIT EDIT: Misread, I get it now.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Nonono, please tell me Dante is just clickbait...
This could be the possibility as well. We do not know, sadly. All we can do is wait and see hints and pieces lining up.

For the time, lets relax and wait for our Demon Slayer...ehhh Geno! Yeah, slayer of Demons that Geno!

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I think the difference with this is Dante COULD be in Post DLC. If he is Fighter 5, I could see that being it, but I doubt that. Everything in this current FP is from new series but also (semi) new companies. Lets say the contract for doing Voice over work was fulfill with the FP cycle of development. Cool, done!

However, they want to do more DLC. Gotta do a new contract and fulfill that one.

EDIT: Also, pretty sure Fatman was talking about Dante in Post, not the current. Just saying, Amigo.
He said, and I qoute

"As I mentioned in the Dante thread, it would make sense because voice acting is one of the first things knocked out for projects like this. Voice lines are recorded early on so animators can try to match them and this has been a standard for a lot of high level animation for roughly 80 years. Like I said, this would mean that Dante has just gotten started and won't be seen for quite some time. Coincidentally, it might even wind up with him being a VGAs 2020 announcement because god knows they **** the bed with the VGAs 2019 and will have to do a lot for people to care again."

Which comes off as Dante can¨t be fighter five and won¨t potentially in for quite some time because "voice acting"., when they in a matter of fact had Reuben Langdon doing voice work for the base game (Ken Masters). Reubens work in the base games kills Fatman's claims on that "he can¨t come until November/December" when in matter of fact, they could just have recorded the lines at the same time they did his Ken lines, and have him being fighter five because Capcom wanted it to go in line with whatever they are working on that the producer gave the dates for. Fatman claims that the DLC was planned around early 2018... and if that's the cause, they would have had plenty of time to get the paperwork done for letting Sakurai using Dante..

So again... nothing goes against the chances of Dante potentially being fighter five.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, let’s get back to Geno. What would his classic mode route be like?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
He said, and I qoute

"As I mentioned in the Dante thread, it would make sense because voice acting is one of the first things knocked out for projects like this. Voice lines are recorded early on so animators can try to match them and this has been a standard for a lot of high level animation for roughly 80 years. Like I said, this would mean that Dante has just gotten started and won't be seen for quite some time. Coincidentally, it might even wind up with him being a VGAs 2020 announcement because god knows they **** the bed with the VGAs 2019 and will have to do a lot for people to care again."

Which comes off as Dante can¨t be fighter five and won¨t potentially in for quite some time because "voice acting"., when they in a matter of fact had Reuben Langdon doing voice work for the base game (Ken Masters). Reubens work in the base games kills Fatman's claims on that "he can¨t come until November/December" when in matter of fact, they could just have recorded the lines at the same time they did his Ken lines, and have him being fighter five because Capcom wanted it to go in line with whatever they are working on that the producer gave the dates for.
I read your first incorrectly. I gotcha now, my apologies.

It could happen, but with the current line up and, again, (Mostly) new companies taking the Fighters Pass slots makes me think the last one will follow this trend.

In which case, no Capcom or Konami, No Dante, Phoenix Wright, Viewtiful Joe, Raiden, Liquid Snake or Bill Rizer for Fighter 5. But Post Pass...its fair game thus far!

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I made one earlier, so I'll just repost it here.
Great idea, I like it! My idea would be "Let's Get This Show On the Road!", and all of the battles are against characters who represent the Smithy Gang. Not sure what music tracks would be available, so I'll pick whichever fits.

1 - Link (Bowyer, music track is Fight Against an Armed Boss) (Tunic of the Wild) on Geno's Stage (It's a forest stage)
2 - Male!Corrin (Yaridovich, music track is Gritzy Desert) (Red alt) on Omega Jungle Japes
3 - 5 Meta Knights (Red, Yellow, Green, Pink, and Black, music track is Try, Try Again) (Axem Rangers) on Venom
4 - Cloud (Boomer, music track is King Bowser) (Red alt) on Castle Seige (2nd version, inside castle)
5 - Ganondorf (Exor, music track is The Grand Finale) on Omega Spear Pillar
6 - King Dedede (Smithy, music track is Fight Against Smithy) (Gray alt) on Midgar
7 - Bonus Stage
8 - Galleom (Smithy's second form, music track is Fight Against Smithy, Who Likes Transforming)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

It could happen, but with the current line up and, again, (Mostly) new companies taking the Fighters Pass slots makes me think the last one will follow this trend.

In which case, no Capcom or Konami, No Dante, Phoenix Wright, Viewtiful Joe, Raiden, Liquid Snake or Bill Rizer for Fighter 5.
Exactly, mostly new companies. Not only new companies. We also have to keep in mind that Banjo Kazooie (and to some degree Terry concidering Sans) also proved that Mii Costumes does not have to come with costumes from the same company, looking back at the Capcom costumes that returned with Banjo.

So again, Dante is not in the realm of impossibility for fighter five.

Being an all-star route, playing against mascots, at maps like Rosalina's observatory.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord

In which case, no Capcom or Konami, No Dante, Phoenix Wright, Viewtiful Joe, Raiden, Liquid Snake or Bill Rizer for Fighter 5.
That "mostly new companies" in Smash DLC rule makes no sense; when you think about it critically. We have Joker, Hero, Banjo, and Terry so far.

Out of those 4 both Banjo and Terry are new from new companies. Joker and Hero are from companies that are already in.

And don't talk about things like "well TECHNICALLY Atlus and Enix are new companies" because I doubt Sakurai cares, in fact it probably made things easier for him that these characters are from companies already repped in Smash. ATLUS has been owned by Sega longer then Smash Ultimate's development cycle, and Square has merged with Enix since mid 2000s.

Also, I still think Dante is character 6. I doubt Fatman has a source that is high enough to know exactly when development begins for Sakurai's team. I think Dante has begun "testing" makes it more likely for a potential source to know that.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I think it would be cool if it had something to do with "Wishes granted".

As in, having fights against fighters that are/were requests. So different fights against K. Rool, Ridley, Snake, Sonic, Pac-Man, Banjo & Kazooie, and whoever falls into that category. Finishes it off against Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

Droodle Droodle Well, I guess I will throw that out the window then. However, would it be right if Atlus did not have their copyright on the game? Instead of Atlus's Joker being in the game, we got Sega's Joker? THAT does not make sense. Also I hated the "Enix of Square Enix" argument so don't throw me in that camp, Please.

EDIT: Dropping it now, agree to disagree friend.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I think it would be cool if it had something to do with "Wishes granted".

As in, having fights against fighters that are/were requests. So different fights against K. Rool, Ridley, Snake, Sonic, Pac-Man, Banjo & Kazooie, and whoever falls into that category. Finishes it off against Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

Droodle Droodle Well, I guess I will throw that out the window then. However, would it be right if Atlus did not have their copyright on the game? Instead of Atlus's Joker being in the game, we got Sega's Joker? THAT does not make sense. Also I hated the "Enix of Square Enix" argument so don't throw me in that camp, Please.

EDIT: Dropping it now, agree to disagree friend.
That would be perfect

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
*leaves thread for about an hour

*returns to find see speculation that Dante could be in Smash

20191226_140409.jpg

(I haven't even played Devil May Cry and I'd be stoked for Dante)

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I guess these are moreso Spirit oriented battles, but, it would be sick to see him pitted against

Blue Yoshi w/ Reflector (Boshi)
Three Piranha Plants with infinite curry. (Mega Smilax)
Red Wario on Spirit Train (Booster)
Gray/Pink Kirby with Star Rod (Mallow)
King Dedede with a permanent metal box (Smithy)

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
It sounds to me like the comments regarding DMC and Smash are unrelated to being leaks/breaking NDA, but interesting to keep an eye on.

As for Geno spirit board, these are what I have come up with.

-Boshi: Blue Yoshi with B-Dasher ability. Food drops on the battle field.
-MegaSmilax: Piranha Plants and a Villager. (HP Battle) If the Villager is defeated, the battle is over. Take too long, an extra Piranha Plant appears which is followed by a third giant Piranha Plant.
-Jonathan Jones: King K.Rool on Pirate Ship. Has two smaller K.Rools battling with him.
-Valentina/Dodo: Rosalina with King Dedede. Rosalina runs away and must be defeated.
-Axem Rangers: 5 Meta Knights on Halberd. Laser canon is constantly going off and repeating. (This one may have been done before)
-Exor: Giant Metal Ike. Must be defeated in a specific time limit.

Bonus RPG ones
-Rawk Hawk: Gold Falco in the boxing ring
-Doopliss: White Kirby at Luigi's Mansion
-Crono/Chrono Trigger: Roy where time slows down periodically. Has other party members join. This one would be a Four Star Legend one

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
It sounds to me like the comments regarding DMC and Smash are unrelated to being leaks/breaking NDA, but interesting to keep an eye on.

As for Geno spirit board, these are what I have come up with.

-Boshi: Blue Yoshi with B-Dasher ability. Food drops on the battle field.
-MegaSmilax: Piranha Plants and a Villager. (HP Battle) If the Villager is defeated, the battle is over. Take too long, an extra Piranha Plant appears which is followed by a third giant Piranha Plant.
-Jonathan Jones: King K.Rool on Pirate Ship. Has two smaller K.Rools battling with him.
-Valentina/Dodo: Rosalina with King Dedede. Rosalina runs away and must be defeated.
-Axem Rangers: 5 Meta Knights on Halberd. Laser canon is constantly going off and repeating. (This one may have been done before)
-Exor: Giant Metal Ike. Must be defeated in a specific time limit.

Bonus RPG ones
-Rawk Hawk: Gold Falco in the boxing ring
-Doopliss: White Kirby at Luigi's Mansion
-Crono/Chrono Trigger: Roy where time slows down periodically. Has other party members join. This one would be a Four Star Legend one
Oh, this is fun! A couple of other ones that have potential are, say...

- Booster: A fight against Wario who is constantly attempting to K.O. Peach. Food item that is specifically Cake is constantly dropping. Fight takes place in Kalos Pokemon League (closest to a Church I can think of), and to top it off, add a Hammer Bro. AT for Chef Torte.

- Bowyer: A fight against Giant Link, who constantly uses his B special to shoot arrows. Fight takes place on the Distant Planet stage in Battlefield mode. The floor beneath the platforms is Ice (to signify getting frozen when struck by an arrow!).

- Belome: A fight against a Giant Kirby who is constantly attempting to use his B special for his copy ability. Stage takes place in Norfair (which is the best 'underground' location I can think of for this scenario), and Ditto will constantly spawn to transform into the player (a la Belome copy ability!)

(This is actually quite fun.)

Antho

Smash Apprentice

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Is there a particular reason we’re linking to NinSoup which has had numerous articles in the past with statements on speculation made on poor information or poor interpretation of the same (ie poor journalism)?
And in honesty Antho makes a good point in terms of coverage in a general direct.

D

Deleted member

I don’t think they’d do two game themed Directs in a row for the only first party games we basically know for 2020/are being supported in 2020. If anything, I predict a 40 minute direct with the focus being New Horizons, since that can have a huge info dump on New Horizons while having other news.
It’s not out of the realm of possibility. But, yeah it wouldn’t be smart for them to do an AC direct 2 full months before release.

Is there a particular reason we’re linking to NinSoup which has had numerous articles in the past with statements on speculation made on poor information or poor interpretation of the same (ie poor journalism)?
And in honesty Antho makes a good point in terms of coverage in a general direct.
We’ll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I almost want this to happen because it would be the trolliest ****.

Nintendo fans: "Nintendo... Please... Just give us a Direct..."

Nintendo: "Sure thing, sport!"

Nintendo fans: "T-This is a Pokemon Direct... Nobody asked for this..."

Nintendo: "Oh! Our mistake; here."

Nintendo fans: "THANK GOD! ... This is Animal Crossing... I can't breathe... *dies*

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman

Nintendo fans: "THANK GOD! ... This is Animal Crossing... I can't breathe... *dies*
"Gee, Fatmanonice! How come your mom lets you have two wishes on the Monkey's Paw??"

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My basic prediction for Geno's Mii costumes is Geno, Smithy, Mallow, and Chocobo but I've noticed people have disagreed with my timeline of X and EXE as the last two so I'll present two other possible timelines in my opinion.

Full Cheap Ass Timeline: Just the four Mii costumes. X and EXE get saved for Dante as they're all Capcom characters.

Square Actually Gives a **** Timeline: Last two costumes are "premium" Square Enix Mii costumes with music. Two potential guesses are Sephiroth and Crono with a track or two from their respective games. Both are overpriced but people begrudgingly buy them anyways because, ****, the music tracks are probably worth $5 by themselves.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So to add more fuel to the Direct fire, apparently the Pikmin 3 website is gone. Like it’s been taken down, seemingly very recently. Like in the past day recently.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hold up Fatmanonice Fatmanonice . Did your sources straight up say Dante and Lloyd?
Yes and no.

-Two contacts presented me with rumors that specifically Dante began development very recently. Don't know how they would know this but neither were vague about it. I give credence to it because 1. as I've said, Dante has been super common in insider circles since before E3 and 2. supposedly Capcom has a reputation for being absolute dog**** at keeping secrets so for them to **** up this bad would totally be in their character.

-Lloyd is my own speculation based on everything I've heard since November 2018. Lloyd arguably has the most going for him out of any potential DLC character and my current prediction is that, based on the timing of various events, I think he'll be an E3 reveal.

As noted, my contacts have no hard guesses for 5 (outside of Western and three saying Bethesda) and 6, let alone anything beyond that so the timing and addition of my predicted characters is predominantly my own speculation.

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
What they shown as evidence doesn't confirm 100% their arguments. A general direct could still solve what they are presenting as a "problem". Speaking of:
So to add more fuel to the Direct fire, apparently the Pikmin 3 website is gone. Like it’s been taken down, seemingly very recently. Like in the past day recently.
+1 Evidence for a General Direct. There's so much piling up for a direct this week without "insider info" that it isn't even funny.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
As noted, my contacts have no hard guesses for 5 (outside of Western and three saying Bethesda)
I have a hard time believing Bethesda is Fighter 5 based on a Sep 2018 interview they did regarding Smash.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._bros_future_nintendo_exclusives_are_possible

If there really was a plan to have a character in the Fighters Pass, wouldn't that be breaking the NDA talking about it and confirming it? Because i'm pretty sure you're supposed to say something among the lines of "No Comment" or "Not at this time" when asked about something like this. Either that or you beat around the bush with a very PR, non-answer response but instead Pete Hines said yes outright.

If nothing else, that would be indicative of talks for after the Pass given more DLC was likely in the cards beforehand (Nintendo was likely talking to Koei Tecmo around this time for Hayabusa as well based on rumors for him). But for that reason, I can't see how Bethesda gets the Fighter 5 spot and I don't know how your contacts are so confident it's that.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

Goddammit
PicsArt_01-13-10.28.54-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom