• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Dark Cloud, the user who posted the timers, is not an insider. They made the timer last week set to what he thought could be the earliest time for a direct announcement, and they coincidentally got it right (not too hard to do considering Nintendo generally announces directs around the same time of the day), so now they are just doing it again for kicks.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...t3-is-now-in-development.164390/post-28185205

The thread is having a bit of a laugh about it...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Any chance that your contact was a bit coy of the upcoming direct?
They just pointed out that post and said little else. Usually my contacts don't send me forum posts unless there's something to them worth paying attention to. That's why I'm mentioning it here because I think this is the first time any of my contacts have specifically sent me a Resetera post.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Dark Cloud, the user who posted the timers, is not an insider. They made the timer last week set to what he thought could be the earliest time for a direct announcement, and they coincidentally got it right (not too hard to do considering Nintendo generally announces directs around the same time of the day), so now they are just doing it again for kicks.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...t3-is-now-in-development.164390/post-28185205

The thread is having a bit of a laugh about it...
Nobody believes or call him an Insider tho, we just speculate over stuff.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Nobody believes or call him an Insider tho, we just speculate over stuff.
Wrong choice of word, I guess. Just pointing out that the timer nonsense means nothing and the person posting them knows no more than we do.

EDIT: Though I now see I was late to pointing that out lol ignore me

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Er, hold on guys.
View attachment 256968

Edit: Also, hello cowards from ResetEra. Love reading your wonderful comments about us.
Ah. Oh well.
GenoDisappoint.png

Well... One of my contacts messaged me about this a few minutes ago and, uh, let's just say I'll definitely be watching this date. I don't know if this will be the actual Direct or just an announcement so we may actually be in the end game now.
OR NOT OH WELL?! I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL RIGHT NOW!!
GenoScream.png

MattX20

Smash Hero
Like angels before him, Geno came down from far above to help stop great evils upon the land. 2222 pages in, the holiest of page numbers for a spirit of the stars!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Also, it's Page 2222! Someone mentioned the number had something to do with angels, so...
GenoAngel.png

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Well... One of my contacts messaged me about this a few minutes ago and, uh, let's just say I'll definitely be watching this date. I don't know if this will be the actual Direct or just an announcement so we may actually be in the end game now.
If we're lucky an unexpected warrior might recruit us to join him on the battlefield
PicsArt_01-12-10.44.40.png

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Guys, I just had an idea for a "what if... Super Mario RPG 2".:seuss:

Taking into consideration that quite a few years have passed, the plot this time around revolves around Mario going off on yet another adventure to rescue Princess Peach from Bowser's clutches. He goes at it alone, and arrives at Bowser's Keep. As Mario faces off against Bowser, while Peach hangs tied from a rope (similar to SMRPG), this time their fight is interrupted when the entire castle begins to rumble. The scene then switches to outside of Bowser's Keep, and a giant wormhole forms above the castle. The castle is then sucked into the wormhole. The rumbling was felt across all of the Mushroom Kingdom, and many witnessed the appearance of the giant wormhole, and Bowser's Keep being sucked into it.

We then see Mario's Pad, where Luigi is tending to some of the chores, while he still hasn't noticed the giant wormhole in the sky. Toad comes rushing to the Mario Bros. house and calls out to Luigi. Luigi is startled and goes over to Toad to see what's got him so worked up. Toad points out that a huge wormhole has appeared over where Bowser's Keep used to be, and that the castle is no longer there. Luigi immediately begins to run around both scared and worried since he knows Mario had gone over there to rescue Princess Peach. From here onward, the adventure begins as the player leads the way with Luigi, and Toad tags along for the adventure as well (and yes... this time he brought his bazooka).

This time around, Luigi sets out to find a way to reach Bowser's Keep, which is now within the giant wormhole, and rescue his brother and the Princess (and yes, even Bowser). With Toad tagging along, both heroes will visit both familiar locations from the original SMRPG, as well as new areas within the same world. Along the journey, Luigi will also meet other characters that will join him on his quest:

- Geno (Mk II, but its the same old ♥♪!?)
- Pauline (oh yeeeeeah baby, the Prima Donna needs that spotlight!)
- Donkey Kong (he'll be in for Bowser this time around)

Oh, and this just popped in. Say this SMRPG 2 game, were developed by both Nintendo AND Square Enix... how about they spiced things up with adding a... job system to the game (a-la Final Fantasy V, and Bravely Default), only that the jobs would revolve around the power ups found within the Super Mario universe? Of course they wouldn't be called jobs. Let's call them Power Ups for now. Each character can choose and switch between different powers, and these could be leveled up as well, unlocking new attacks and abilities. The Powers could be the following:

- Fire Flower: the "old reliable" of power ups. It grants the character the ability to shoot fireballs, as well as grant increased defense from fire based attacks.
- Ice Flower: the opposite of the Fire Flower, only that instead of shooting fireballs, characters can release a gust of freezing wind. It also grants increased defense from ice based attacks.
- Super Leaf: gives the character a pair of raccoon ears, and tail, and allows them to fly (this could be the equivalent to Final Fantasy's Dragoon job).
- Hammer Suit: gives the character an armored suit (shell armor and helmet), and a hammer as weapon (the hammer design is different for each character). This power up grants increased defense.

Just to name a few examples of power ups.

I'll leave the idea at that for now.:tired:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
When Nintendo announces even more online maintenance for next week and Fatman's source hints at a Direct next week
IMG_20191003_161856.jpg

(I love how this meme is so often used in this thread)

Last edited:

Nemitic

Banned via Warnings
Things are really picking up. I can't wait for Waluigi to be shown. Having him and Piranha Plant together, it'll be like Mario Party 3! And then Geno, Sakurai is going to come through. I can feel it in my bones.

T2by4

Smash Lord
They just pointed out that post and said little else. Usually my contacts don't send me forum posts unless there's something to them worth paying attention to. That's why I'm mentioning it here because I think this is the first time any of my contacts have specifically sent me a Resetera post.
Sounds like your source is assuming like we all are. Unless they heard something different, what reason do we have to believe them when resetera themselves said that dark cloud isnt an insider.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Could just as well mean nothing, but there's some more maintenance coming up this week, and the times again line up with the previous times for the maintenance on the days when the previous DLC characters came out. View attachment 256952
Hype responsibly.......hype responsibly........hype responsibility.....hype level has reached level 99. Hype overload imminent.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sounds like your source is assuming like we all are. Unless they heard something different, what reason do we have to believe them when resetera themselves said that dark cloud isnt an insider.
Whether Dark Cloud actually knows or not is irrelevant, I'm just mentioning that one of my contacts messaged me about it and this is the first time they've ever pointed out a Resetera post. It's interesting is all.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
When Nintendo announces even more online maintenance for next week and Fatman's source hints at a Direct next week
View attachment 256984

(I love how this meme is so often used in this thread)
We should just put up a petition to make this the official meme of Smash speculation at this point lmao. It fits so well on most occasions. By the way, here's the mandatory Geno version:

oh yeah its all coming together geno.png

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Could just as well mean nothing, but there's some more maintenance coming up this week, and the times again line up with the previous times for the maintenance on the days when the previous DLC characters came out.
Do we have a screen cap of other maintenance days for say Banjo or Terry before they dropped? Do those times match up with this one?

Also two dates at the same time frame is interesting to say the least. We shall see I guess.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Whether Dark Cloud actually knows or not is irrelevant, I'm just mentioning that one of my contacts messaged me about it and this is the first time they've ever pointed out a Resetera post. It's interesting is all.
But how do we know it’s interesting?? Do you have anything to prove it??

Yeah that’s what I thought Fatman. That’s what I thought.

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Where the hell were you when Banjo was revealed?

Edit: Also, I know this is a fan poll but still.
View attachment 256954
Don't tell me because some Japanese YouTubers were going crazy about Banjo so they were welcomed by everyone in Japan. That E3 Direct was in midnight in Japan, after everyone woke up, a lot of people confused about their inclusion. Some Western reactioners were hyped about Hero, but still most of people in the West were salty and whoed on them. Same happened in Japan, but the situation was just the opposite.
Normal Japanese people don't visit English sites to participate in those kind of fan polls you know. Japanese votes you find in Western polls are mostly coming from 5chan's Smash speculation thread. Those are the people checking Western speculation and leak scenes all the time. They aren't young anymore. Most of them are in late 20's or over 30 years old. Their tastes aren't that different from people here in Smashboards but they aren't the majority of Japanese Smash Fandom. When you look at other communities with young people or speculators not following 5chan threads, you'll see a big difference. I can't say Geno or Banjo were popular picks there.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm loving the energy in here. A bit off-topic, but I happen to be listening to Ace Attorney music and the pursuit theme for Dual Destinies perfectly captures the same mood we all are experiencing: the feeling of triumph as we await for our victory. This might just be it. The Genobros have assembled and are awaiting for the inevitable direct. This may be it, the moment of truth!

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Do we have a screen cap of other maintenance days for say Banjo or Terry before they dropped? Do those times match up with this one?

Also two dates at the same time frame is interesting to say the least. We shall see I guess.
Here's Banjo's and Terry's maintenance times. Don't have screenshots of the others, but I'm almost completely sure that they were about the same too. Terry's was an extra hour, but it matches up exactly with Banjo's since they don't do daylight savings in Japan but they do here.
Polish_20200112_214357782~2.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone is talking about Direct dates, meanwhile I'm like...

Oh my gosh, @Kremling Kommander you got a new profile picture! Why did you change it from your namesake to Decidueye?

Edit: Wait... it isn't changed? ...but there literally was a Decidueye by your name as your icon. ...am I going crazy?
That's me bud Kremling Kommander's picture is the awesome DK and Diddy Kong vs. King K. Rool picture it's always been sorry for the mix up.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Here's Banjo's and Terry's maintenance times. Don't have screenshots of the others, but I'm almost completely sure that they were about the same too. Terry's was an extra hour, but it matches up exactly with Banjo's since they don't do daylight savings in Japan but they do here.
View attachment 256995
The pattern is very similar between to what we have now, so a shadow drop may be happening this week.
Plot twist: they release character 5, THEN reveal them.
Imagine this:
- A Update to Smash appears out of nowhere
- You install it and open the game
- The screen starts loading
- Instead of the opening, you see the reveal trailer (it's unskippable)
- After the reveal trailer, the game goes back to the title screen and returns to normal

NEXT. LEVEL. MARKETING.

D

Deleted member

I wonder why PapaGenos is so adamant about Arle though? She'd be a great character don't get me wrong. But I wonder if it's something he really believes. Not sure he's doing awesome as ever though will watch it when I get the chance too. The title kind of fits literally we're all asking are there yet in terms of the next Direct.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what dimension of chess Nintendo would be playing
Plot twist twist: they release character 6 Tuesday, reveal character 7 Wednesday, nerf character 5 Thursday, release character 5 Friday, reveal 5's trailer Saturday, continue 5's trailer into 6's reveal, who was really character 8, on Sunday.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Y'all ever wonder what trend the BS 4chan leaks are gonna jump on after the next Direct? Like, I remember after Sans was revealed, half the fake 4chan leaks I'd see would say they were gonna now introduce "Premium Mii Costumes" or something like that to the effect of more Mii costumes coming with music and what not. I remember that was a very easy way to tell if a leak was fake back then lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom